View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Alllllrrrrrriiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttt !
    Let's start the day on the good foot, go back on topic, put on our RED shoes and dance the BBlues !

See you later gang, heading to BlackBerry France headquarters for a post-launch debrief ... will report in this exact thread !
    12-18-14 04:03 AM
    Alllllrrrrrriiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttt !
    Let's start the day on the good foot, go back on topic, put on our RED shoes and dance the BBlues !

See you later gang, heading to BlackBerry France headquarters for a post-launch debrief ... will report in this exact thread !
    Alternatively . . .

jxnb and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    12-18-14 05:58 AM
    Expansys Canada one day sale today!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-expansys-dec-17.jpg
    cjcampbell, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-18-14 06:28 AM
    http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/1...ght-keys/?_r=0
    BlackBerry Classic Hits the Right Keys

BlackBerry has had its share of missteps over the last few years, but with the just-released BlackBerry Classic, the company may finally be returning to solid footing.

It is a little odd to hear BlackBerry talk about how the Classic would feel like a familiar upgrade for users of the BlackBerry Bold 9900, a phone that came out in 2011.

However, that phone was so popular with its fans that the company moved back in that direction in 2014. It is as though BlackBerry tried to pretend that the all-touch-screen Z10 and quirky half-and-half device, the Q10, never happened at all.

With the BlackBerry Classic, the company goes straight back to its power-user roots. Physical navigation buttons return to the row above the keyboard, including a home key, and the trackpad offers the precise navigation and scrolling that it always did.

The Classic is a noticeably bigger device than the Bold 9900, as long as we’re comparing those two, although it’s not big by phablet standards. It’s just over 5 inches tall by 2.8 inches wide and its screen, relatively speaking, is tiny at 3.5 inches. The phone is a little heavy, thanks in part to the stylish stainless steel band that encircles it, but it’s easy to operate one-handed and its compact heft is reassuring.

The display is nothing to write home about. It’s a fairly low-resolution touch-screen LCD that’s fine for a short YouTube video, but you wouldn’t use it to watch movies on a plane or even look at many photos.

But that’s not really the point of the BlackBerry Classic. It’s for people who are working, plain and simple.

And for getting work done, especially if that work involves typing long emails or even documents, the BlackBerry Classic is the right tool for the job. The keyboard is simply wonderful.

Touch screens have come a long way, to be sure, and typing on a virtual keyboard can be fast and seamless. But after a few days of getting used to the physical keyboard, you can just fly. And it’s oddly satisfying to use – – the BlackBerry projects a sense of productivity and even status.

The Classic includes many useful shortcuts and power tricks that longtime users will appreciate, as will new users. You can, for example, customize specific keys on the keyboard to perform certain actions — something as specific as holding down the J key, say, to launch a new email, address it to a frequently emailed family member or co-worker, and even include some standard text like, “I’m on my way now.”

You can change the color of the LED notification light for specific contacts, and many shortcuts are already preprogrammed, but can be edited. The settings menu allows endless amounts of customization. You can truly turn the BlackBerry Classic into a personalized weapon of work. And although it takes a little getting used to, the BlackBerry Hub — a screen that displays every single message from every account you’ve loaded onto the phone, including emails, tweets, Facebook messages, calls, BBM notes and text messages — becomes indispensable after regular use.

Its battery life is also impressive. The company claims 22 hours of heavy use, and I found that if I forgot to charge it overnight, I didn’t need to panic until well into the next afternoon.

That’s not the say the Classic is a slam-dunk. Its software has come a long way, as I noted when I reviewed the BlackBerry Passport, but it still has some odd quirks and inefficiencies. For example, the keyboard shortcuts won’t launch an action unless the phone is powered on and the screen is unlocked — whether or not you have a security code set.

The BlackBerry has only middling voice recognition, so dictating text messages and emails or even using the BlackBerry Assistant can be a chore. The touch screen isn’t particularly sensitive, especially when you’re trying to swipe upward to unlock the device.

And BlackBerry 10 now allows you to run some Android apps that you can get through the Amazon app store or through BlackBerry World, the built-in BlackBerry app store. Google’s app store is not installed, so you can’t get Google apps like Maps or Gmail unless you’re willing to do some extra work.

The same is true for a few apps, namely those that are iOS only, of course, and the occasional Android app. I found most of the ones I use often, with the biggest omission being Instagram (though there are viewing clients available).

Another big drawback: the BlackBerry camera is atrocious. It has an 8 megapixel camera on the back and a 2 megapixel front-facing camera. Despite the decent-sounding megapixels, the rear camera is slow to focus and produces dark, blurry images indoors and overexposed or overly contrasting images outdoors.

The BlackBerry Classic isn’t a great consumer smartphone. But it doesn’t need to be. It’s not uncommon for people to carry two phones- – one for work and one for personal use — and the BlackBerry Classic is a perfect work phone.

BlackBerry’s security has always been top-notch and it includes useful features that tech managers will like, such as the stand-alone BlackBerry Blend software that lets you open a walled-off window on any computer or even a tablet that shows your BlackBerry communications without letting them bleed into the rest of your data.

So, if your company decided to return to BlackBerry after seeing the Classic, don’t be dismayed if it’s the device you get on the corporate budget. It’s efficient, pleasant to use and powerful. Just remember that it’s all business, and you’ll get along fine.
    bungaboy, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    12-18-14 06:35 AM
    Expansys Canada one day sale today!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Expansys Dec 17.JPG 
Views:	1472 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	321560
    Bit os sarcasm there? Only 300$ more than shop.blackberry. LOL

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen and plasmid_boy like this.
    12-18-14 06:45 AM
    Bit os sarcasm there? Only 300$ more than shop.blackberry. LOL

Posted via CB10
    Yabut . . . don't forget comes with Mobility Pack (w/ Case, Car Mount, Car Charger) . . .
    neteng1000, plasmid_boy and sidhuk like this.
    12-18-14 06:51 AM
    OT:
    Anxious for CES 2015:
    QNX Auto Blog: One day I?ll be Luke Skywalker

Seems like QNX and TI are already working on some form of HUD with augmented reality...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dlp-hud_600px.jpg
    12-18-14 06:55 AM
    12-18-14 07:15 AM
    ICANN Has Been Hacked

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Everyone is getting hacked lately. Sony is crying as well. I think people are finally starting to realize how important security is again.
    12-18-14 07:25 AM
    Everyone is getting hacked lately. Sony is crying as well. I think people are finally starting to realize how important security is again.
    Indeed. Heck, even Evan Spiegel is crying...
    BBC News - 'Angry' Snapchat embroiled in Sony Pictures hack
    12-18-14 07:35 AM
    Quadruple Witching (four classes of options expire) is Friday....is that a coincidence? What does it mean to the shorts? Naked shorts? If a whack of loaned out shares were called back - what would happen? If someone bought 50MM shares?
    I tried to research it, but way over my head.
    Cheers
    12-18-14 07:49 AM
    OT a bit

Read this great piece on Twitter bots
    The Rise of Twitter Bots - The New Yorker

This is a phenomenon I was not so aware of, and what strikes me is that it can have an impact on Twitter trends, somehow. One then wonders how this may be used to influence the perception and feelings of investors. Is this already happening?

Imagine having a twitter bot that hashtagged #Blackberry every 10 minutes or so...

Any of you aware of these Twitter Bots, and their potential impacts on the Stock markets?
    12-18-14 08:00 AM
    Quadruple Witching (four classes of options expire) is Friday....is that a coincidence? What does it mean to the shorts? Naked shorts? If a whack of loaned out shares were called back - what would happen? If someone bought 50MM shares?
    I tried to research it, but way over my head.
    Cheers
    I'm working to try and understand this as well. There are a pile of puts set to expire tomorrow. The running opinion is that it will work to drive stock down, but a good ER will counter that and have a compounding opposite effect (there are a tone of calls set to expire as well). How the dynamics of that work....I wonder if I will ever fully understand.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-18-14 08:06 AM

Our very own Milos Raonic is even calling for Sony to switch over to BlackBerry ! Go Milos!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141218_090301_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 08:06 AM
    Our very own Milos Raonic is even calling for Sony to switch over to BlackBerry ! Go Milos!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141218_090301_edit.png 
Views:	1396 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	321572

Posted via CB10
    LOL

nice one Milos!

(I bet he has a CB profile, or two...)
    12-18-14 08:17 AM
    BlackBerry to Lay Out Next 12 Month Roadmap at MWC in March - BerryReview

John Chen just wrapped up the end of the main launch for the BlackBerry Classic in the US and dropped one last tidbit worth mentioning. He stated that they will have a presence at CES in January especially with QNX showing off a Maserati. Last but not least is that they are going to lay out their next 12 month plan at Mobile World Congress in March of 2015. That is a bit off but my guess is we will see where the company is headed.
    12-18-14 08:26 AM
    BNN - Watch TV Online | BlackBerry's blast of nostalgia

Daniel Bader, Editor-In-Chief, Mobile Syrup joins BNN's The Street for a look at his thoughts on BlackBerry's latest new phone and some of his favourite tech gift ideas.
    12-18-14 08:37 AM
    12-18-14 08:54 AM
    Faucette is at it again...wonder how many puts he and his band of thieves have riding on tomorrow??
    http://jdem.cz/brbvg5

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    12-18-14 08:54 AM
    Since when did Morgan Stanley start doing phone reviews ?
    12-18-14 09:01 AM
    Since when did Morgan Stanley start doing phone reviews ?
    Since they are short BlackBerry lol

Edit...Faucette puts the D in ick

12-18-14 09:04 AM
    12-18-14 09:06 AM
    WSJ Video snippet from Germany: Blackberry Launches New Smartphone, the 'Classic'

Blackberry Launches New Smartphone, the 'Classic'
    12-18-14 09:11 AM
    Faucette is at it again...wonder how many puts he and his band of thieves have riding on tomorrow??
    Morgan Stanley Says BlackBerry Classic 'Probably Isn't For You' - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Benzinga

LOL... So Mr. Faucette is now such an expert that he is telling people what phone is right for them? LOL
    I think we should ask him which phone IS right for us. What a farking idiott!
    sidhuk, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 8 others like this.
    12-18-14 09:11 AM
    LOL... So Mr. Faucette is now such an expert that he is telling people what phone is right for them? LOL
    I think we should ask him which phone IS right for us. What a farking idiott!
    Just remember it will all come around when we make a fool of him, he looses his job for being completely incompetent, and ends up in the soup line. Such is the justice reserved for biased reporting.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    12-18-14 09:15 AM
113,250 ... 30463047304830493050 ...