View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    AT&T and Verizon in the US have confirmed they will carry the Classic and be available to customers in early 2015.

AT&T And Verizon Confirm They Will Offer BlackBerry Classic
    12-17-14 01:59 PM
    LoL,
    is the trackpad backlit? what a use less complaint. people cant find trackpad when the screen and every other key is lighted? wow. and this a phone where people can type without looking at the keys at all. world is amazing place. brown shoes cant get London visa. LMAO. no no, it is London thing.
    and lighted trackpad which is covered with thumb and thumb covered lighted trackpad.
    what ever.....
    12-17-14 02:03 PM
    "A month after launching several new enterprise services to go with BES12, BlackBerry (BBRY +3.8%) has rolled out two app/services bundles for enterprise users.
    The Secure Productivity bundle features BlackBerry's VPN Authentication service, BBM Protected (messaging security), BlackBerry Blend (remote PC/tablet data access), and customer support.
    The Enterprise Communicator bundle features BBM Meetings (a cross-platform conferencing app), BBM Protected, and customer support.
    BlackBerry is charging $6/user/month for the Secure Productivity bundle, and $12/user/month for the Enterprise Communicator bundle, to enterprise customers with BES and BB10 phones."
    More on BlackBerry: New enterprise bundles launched - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    12-17-14 02:06 PM
    @ sidhuk,

You nailed it with "world is amazing place". People never fail to amaze me. Our only real hope is the general population is clever enough to see through the fog. LOL
    12-17-14 02:07 PM
    Don't need a visa to travel to London, but the brown shoes in a business setting...just poor fashion sense...

Gadway gave a good talk though. Chen's opener was terrible, and Beard isn't much of a public speaker...and the phone looks great. All these statements are true...I promise

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 02:08 PM
    Don't need a visa to travel to London, but the brown shoes in a business setting...just poor fashion sense...

Gadway gave a good talk though. Chen's opener was terrible, and Beard isn't much of a public speaker...and the phone looks great. All these statements are true...I promise

Posted via CB10
    According to BenjaminTheDonkey!!!!!!! Got it. Thanks.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-17-14 02:17 PM
    **s = BBUK14.... remember chaps?
    12-17-14 02:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just a side note:

Whether the Donkey was trolling, or being sarcastic, or not, this part of the Presentation equation should be factored in and having fashion sense for such an event is important. (whether you buy into it or not)

A well dressed man, or woman, that looks chic, who is on point and appropriate for the product being delivered needs to be in sync.
    People pay attention to that $hit (subliminally or not).

If he/she knows how to dress, then he/she must know about the goodness of the product they are presenting.

It's part of the product no matter what people believe and people they are targeting buy into that image more easily.....

so instead of bucking the donkey for even mentioning this aspect of the presentation, need to realize it is part of the whole equation.
    (and of course should offer your opinion of presentation fashion for such an event instead).

ok thanks.
    12-17-14 02:33 PM
    BlackBerry?s Classic Gambit -- Heard on the Street - WSJ

By DAN GALLAGHER

Like an aging rock band, BlackBerry is banking on some old hits to drive new success. The gamble is whether enough of its audience has stuck around.

On Wednesday, BlackBerry finally unveiled a new device called the Classic, which essentially resurrects the traditional design that made the company into the powerhouse that it once was. The Classic features a physical keypad and is largely targeted at corporate users who still make up much of the company’s remaining user base.

Over the past year, BlackBerry has worked to slash its reliance on selling devices and build up its mobile software business. But hardware sales are still expected to account for roughly half the company’s revenue for the foreseeable future. So BlackBerry must prove that it can make those numbers work—and do it profitably.

The company’s results for the fiscal third quarter, due Friday, will offer important signals on this front. Wall Street forecasts hardware sales of $505 million for the period, up 6% year over year. That would be the first quarterly growth for this segment in recent memory, driven in part by the launch of the new Passport phone in late September. The Classic is expected to fuel a 68% jump in hardware sales in the current fiscal quarter versus a year earlier.

Those are high marks to hit. And BlackBerry’s share price has jumped more than 30% this year on hopes that it can become a leaner, more profitable entity than it was while fighting a losing battle in the consumer business against Apple’s iPhone and devices running on Google ’s Android software.

In this light, BlackBerry’s effort to woo its traditional fans is wise. It remains to be seen just how many are left who will play along.
    jxnb, bungaboy and Greened like this.
    12-17-14 02:54 PM
    I hate quoting Benzinga, but this isn't too bad:
    Why 1 Analyst Thinks BlackBerry Is In 'Reinvention Mode' - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY), Vodafone Group Plc (NASDAQ:VOD) | Benzinga

BlackBerry Ltd received two Christmas gifts this week: big sales and new money.

BlackBerry Classic, the new version of the old BlackBerry handset, had sold out online in North America. It appears that the device is now available for pre-order again and should begin shipping this month.

BlackBerry also benefited from Vodafone Group Plc, which received $850 million in Canadian trade financing. The majority of the funds ($750 million) will be used to purchase enterprise services from BlackBerry.

Global Equities Research analyst Trip Chowdhry did not have much to say about either development, but he thinks it's all part of BlackBerry's reinvention.

"BlackBerry is in a reinvention mode," Chowdhry told Benzinga. "You cannot underestimate [...] or bet against John Chen. If you think about what BlackBerry was before John Chen -- [it was] nothing, right?"

Chowdhry said that BlackBerry is not a quick fix, but he pointed to Chen's track record at Sybase.

"People thought Sybase was dead," Chowdhry continued. "Sybase did not die -- it continued to grow. The company became profitable and it was sold handsomely to SAP."

Sybase 2.0

Some analysts seem to think that BlackBerry will be the next Sybase, minus the turnaround. If nothing else, many of them aren't taking the time to follow BlackBerry's reinvention.

Two analysts told Benzinga that they had not heard about the Vodafone money. Another (who asked not to be named) told Benzinga that the "minutiae of developments" made BlackBerry "irrelevant" and not worth talking about.

Unlike Sybase, BlackBerry has been bombarded by buyout rumors that have involved a number of key players. Microsoft Corporation and Lenovo Group Limited (ADR) were just two of the companies that were thought to be interested in a deal at one time or other.

Not Dead Yet

Chowdhry said that investors should not jump to the conclusion that BlackBerry is dead.

"I think BlackBerry will reinvent itself to be a premiere software company," he added. "They'll probably create killer applications on every platform: iOS, Windows, Android. It is a software company first, a hardware company second. The transition will take three to four years, but you just cannot underestimate John Chen. That's what investors should learn."
    morganplus8, W Hoa, jxnb and 10 others like this.
    12-17-14 02:59 PM
    Not sure if these Articles were posted already:

Reuters: BlackBerry woos keyboard loyalists with launch of Classic

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...190941679.html

WSJ: How the BlackBerry Classic Stacks Up Against the Q10

How the BlackBerry Classic Stacks Up Against the Q10 - Digits - WSJ

WSJ: BlackBerry Launches New Phone �The Classic�

BlackBerry Launches New Phone ?The Classic? - WSJ

FT: BlackBerry appeals anew to keyboard addicts
    http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/ce97b...#axzz3MBvoEeFf

"
    BlackBerry unveiled its new Classic smartphone on Wednesday, its fourth handset launch of the year as the company tries to turn itself round by winning back the business customers that have deserted it in recent years.

As the name suggests, the new model is a refresh of the handsets that were once a must-have for business customers. Priced at $449, �429 or �349, it has a 3.5 inch glass touch screen, an optical touchpad, and the full qwerty keyboard and navigation keys beloved by �Crackberry addicts�.

John Chen, BlackBerry chief executive, said the company was �reasserting our right to the keyboard�.

�When I went to visit the CEOs of top banks in [New York], a lot of them pulled out their old BlackBerrys and said: �Don�t mess around with this�. I listened,� he added, as he unveiled the device in New York.

The release of the new model completes the new BlackBerry range which also includes the Z3, an inexpensive device aimed at emerging markets; the Z30, a touchscreen handset with no keyboard; the enterprise-focused Passport; and a luxury Porsche-themed handset that costs $2,000.

At its peak in 2008, BlackBerry accounted for one in every five smartphone sales and had a market value of $80bn, compared with $5bn today. Since then it has haemorrhaged customers in the face of strong competition from Apple and Samsung.

In the third quarter its share of the global smartphone market was 0.5 per cent compared with 23.7 per cent for Samsung and 11.7 per cent for Apple, according to IDC, a research group that tracks handset sales.

Since he joined just over a year ago, Mr Chen has been battling to return the company to profitability by arresting a decline in users and generating new sources of revenue from BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) and its connected car platform.

The number of devices sold to consumers has fallen steadily from 4.3m in the third quarter of BlackBerry�s fiscal 2014 to 2.4m in its most recent quarter. James Faucette, an analyst at Morgan Stanley, expects handset sales to have fallen further still when BlackBerry reports earnings on Friday.

There are some signs that the BlackBerry Passport, launched in September, is gaining a little traction with customers. The company has said on several occasions that it has sold out of the device, which features a large square screen designed for viewing spreadsheets.

However, some analysts have put the shortages down to the fact that BlackBerry is trying to manufacture just enough devices to meet demand so it is not left holding unwanted stock that creates a liability on its balance sheet.

There have also been big discounts, such as $400 off the price of a $699 Passport for those �trading up� from an iPhone. Some analysts think that means BlackBerry is either breaking even or making a small loss on device sales. "

Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 12-17-14 at 04:37 PM.
    12-17-14 03:01 PM
    Just a side note:

Whether the Donkey was trolling, or being sarcastic, or not, this part of the Presentation equation should be factored in and having fashion sense for such an event is important. (whether you buy into it or not)

A well dressed man, or woman, that looks chic, who is on point and appropriate for the product being delivered needs to be in sync.
    People pay attention to that $hit (subliminally or not).

If he/she knows how to dress, then he/she must know about the goodness of the product they are presenting.

It's part of the product no matter what people believe and people they are targeting buy into that image more easily.....

so instead of bucking the donkey for even mentioning this aspect of the presentation, need to realize it is part of the whole equation.
    (and of course should offer your opinion of presentation fashion for such an event instead).

ok thanks.
    I am sure that you know that we all watched the event on our digital screens. most screens have different temperature settings and they project different colors. Jeff wasn't wearing slippers with his suit.
    I remember a friend of mine who is a film producer, was shooting in Calgary downtown. we use to have lunch or tea at his set almost everyday. his main lead actor's pants looked higher than the "calgary thing". when someone mentioned that to him, he lectured back that we at films suppose to lead the fashion statement and not follow. and in those days we all had a thing to get are suits from harry rosen and had to be made to measure.
    we are in north America. land of opportunity. which was not handed on the platter to north Americans by the suit people. one can worry less about the fashion than London thing IMO. the event was in USA and IMO, Jeff was suited well.
    I would not wear these oxfords. i have 3 pairs of these kinds.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-marc-jacobs-metal-heel-oxford-shoes-3.jpg

But i would wear these and do have over 15 pairs in different styles. i wear these all the times with my suits. no one has kicked me out of their meetings and offices yet. May be in London they will do it.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-robert-wayen-shoes.jpg
    12-17-14 03:03 PM
    I thought he was dressed well. I for one liked his shoes ~shrug~ .... If the guy was wearing sneakers, jeans and a black turtle neck, I might wonder ...................
    12-17-14 03:07 PM
    ***SHOE GATE***
    12-17-14 03:08 PM
    LOL, I'm wearing the top Oxfords right now with my kaki's and sports coat. Could never pull off the lower pair but do think they're rather sharp looking.
    sidhuk, La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    12-17-14 03:09 PM
    LOL...

you guys are too much

or.... just tell the Donkey to stop being an "a$$" and not to post OT stuff !
    sidhuk, lcjr, La Emperor and 5 others like this.
    12-17-14 03:12 PM
    Those boots are the *its Kris....very niiice!

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    lcjr, La Emperor, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    12-17-14 03:17 PM
    I thought he was dressed well. I for one liked his shoes ~shrug~ .... If the guy was wearing sneakers, jeans and a black turtle neck, I might wonder ...................
    you are welcome ibpluto
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-steve-jobs.jpg
    12-17-14 03:19 PM
    Bits and pieces from the Q&A with JC (from BBM Channel):

• Multiple Colours Planned For The BlackBerry Classic: Blue, Bronze, Red and more.
    • Multiple Devices W/ One BBID "Coming Soon"
    • 10.3.1 Expected In February Time-Frame
    • BlackBerry Classic Will Only Be Available in Canada Before Christmas - US After Christmas
    • No comment on Classic selling out
    • BlackBerry Is Working Hard On The "App Gap"
    • Classic is aimed at Enterprise (for now)
    • China market to be addressed in 2015/16
    • Carriers are showing more support
    12-17-14 03:30 PM
    I was wondering who was going to post that pic!! Nice one!
    12-17-14 03:30 PM
    I'm genuinely not sure what all the fuss is about. It's just my opinion that Chen's opening was absolutely awful, and that Beard looked uncomfortable and a bit lost. The on-stage interview thing was stilted, boring, and predictable. We all could have written the transcript ourselves without even listening to it.

I also said that I thought Gadway was much better and that they should have opened with him instead of Chen saying that he hadn't tested out the battery on the phone he was pitching. Again, later on Beard said he wanted a 'Jeff app' to explain to him how to use all these things BlackBerry are coming up with. They were both a bit clumsy today, and Gadway was much better. And yes, of course I was also winding you guys up. It's very easy to do, a bit entertaining, and probably good for all of us. Levity is a spice of life. Those brown shoes in a business setting are still inexcusable though.

Yes, we can call me a troll and all the rest of it, but that doesn't change the fact that BlackBerry aren't that amazing at PR. Chen came up, told two or three jokes that no one even noticed, and then rambled for a bit before getting off the stage. It's something to work on. Now I'm going to go back under my DonkeyBridge....heeeeeehaaaaawww!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 03:38 PM
    Can someone send this to BB's PR Group?

Autumn Winter 2014 Mens Fashion Trends - New Menswear - GQ.COM (UK)

To be fair, the issue was not the shoes, the issue was lack of a hat....and maybe the Umbrella .......maybe

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-gangstar-hats-gq-10jan14_b_642x390.jpg
    12-17-14 03:44 PM
    12-17-14 03:51 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B5Fi8TTIgAAdlR3.jpg 
Views:	794 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	321432
    The best free advertisement. JC's awful brain pulled this off?
    morganplus8, Corbu, lech31 and 7 others like this.
    12-17-14 03:53 PM
    Can someone send this to BB's PR Group?

Autumn Winter 2014 Mens Fashion Trends - New Menswear - GQ.COM (UK)

To be fair, the issue was not the shoes, the issue was lack of a hat....and maybe the Umbrella .......maybe

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gangstar-hats-GQ-10Jan14_b_642x390.jpg 
Views:	817 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	321431
    I could never pull off these three looks. I'm more this when at work....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-suit.jpg
    12-17-14 03:59 PM
113,256 ... 30443045304630473048 ...