View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The best part of today for me is Blend. Such an underrated piece of software. Update so you can use it on all BB10 devices now.

BlackBerry Blend ? Desktop Software for BlackBerry - Canada
    The best quote from today:

"Wear IN your Blackberry, not wear it out !!!

(something like that )
    12-17-14 12:27 PM
    BlackBerry Classic, I can't resist you | The Verge

BlackBerry does one thing better than everyone, and it looks like it may have come to that realization with the Classic. I’m not delusional or nostalgic enough to proclaim the BlackBerry Classic the perfect phone, or even that it should be your main device. It will have its faults, as all BlackBerrys do. But if you’re carrying two phones, or deal with a ton of emails, or just long for the click of a physical keyboard, you should take a close look at the BlackBerry Classic. Unless something has gone horribly wrong in the development of the Classic, you’re not going to find anything better than the legendary BlackBerry keyboard.
    morganplus8, jxnb, W Hoa and 5 others like this.
    12-17-14 12:33 PM
    BlackBerry courts fans with new Classic model that looks like 2012 all over again | Technology | The Guardian

Last month, analysts at Nomura Securities called BlackBerry “tantalizing yet elusive” as a company because it was hard to predict its future performance.

“We find ourselves in a difficult spot. We like the product offering and believe that there is a compelling turn-around story ahead of BlackBerry. We need to spend a bit more time to frame the potential opportunity, but note that the range of potential outcomes appears broad and hard to narrow down,” the analysts wrote.

The chief problem: BlackBerry was fading into the background. “In effect, BlackBerry now offers the same experience as its key rivals on Android and iOS, while offering the extra security capabilities built into the BlackBerry platform.”
    jxnb, W Hoa, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    12-17-14 12:35 PM
    Some interesting commentary on todays launch and general points of view of technologies.

Video Articles from Bloomberg:

New BlackBerry `Classic' Isn�t Going to Cut It: Lundy

New BlackBerry `Classic' Isn?t Going to Cut It: Lundy: Video - Bloomberg

BlackBerry Sill Gold Standard for Security: Gleeson
    BlackBerry Sill Gold Standard for Security: Gleeson: Video - Bloomberg
    morganplus8, jxnb and bungaboy like this.
    12-17-14 12:36 PM
    Morgan hit the nail on the head. $10, once again...

Posted via CB10
    Yup, as well as the quick pull back.

Morgan, you need to change your username to "Swamy"

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-17-14 12:37 PM
    12-17-14 12:39 PM
    Your Baby is listening!!
    Climb baby climb

Attachment 321381

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    12-17-14 12:41 PM
    Blend update out
    12-17-14 12:44 PM
    BGC Partners Upgrades BlackBerry (BBRY) to Buy

Was (pleasantly) surprised to see an upgrade amidst the bearish bandwagon of analysts. Market sentiment is still very bearish so potential investors still need to be cautious heading into earnings. To those that are long, hope it rips.
    Gillis has been a long time bear. Looks like he feels this is the lowest point this SP will be moving forward and his short clients have covered and gone long at $9.25-$9.50.
    12-17-14 12:44 PM
    The part that I find epically funny and at the same time blatantly disgusting about these bash articles/reviews, is how they ridicule how the Classic looks like the old devices therefore cannot be any better than them....yet, somehow the iPhone has been getting a free pass since 2007. The Classic is a quantum shift up compared to any BBOS device and it needs to be celebrated as such.

The Classic is a Bold 9900 on roids, and for many out there this device serves the purpose better than anything else, bar none. Why can't these so called experts see that? Honest ignorance or paid ignorance.....I lean towards the later.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-17-14 12:45 PM
    The part that I find epically funny and at the same time blatantly disgusting about these bash articles/reviews, is how they ridicule how the Classic looks like the old devices therefore cannot be any better than them....yet, somehow the iPhone has been getting a free pass since 2007. The Classic is a quantum shift up compared to any BBOS device and it needs to be celebrated as such.

The Classic is a Bold 9900 on roids, and for many out there this device serves the purpose better than anything else, bar none. Why can't these so called experts see that? Honest ignorance or paid ignorance.....I lean towards the later.

CB10'n it....via da Z30

True.

I made the following comments after a Forbes article came out some time ago and basically bashed the Classic for not being up-to-spec with some huge phones:

"The Classic is there to replace the existing 9900 users that want to keep that type of phone, are already familiar to the form factor, with a newer OS ... Not meant to reinvent the wheel !

Now...what other company is doing that? Sprucing up contemporary devices? Kudos to BB for supplying the appropriate demand, in an efficient manner this time.

There are other phones in their pipeline to address his other points !

The author wasted his time trying to review it and draw comparisons ! lol

Hasn't the author learned that it is no longer about the hardware anymore? Seems like he pumped out this article to meet his quota.... "
    12-17-14 12:59 PM
    it might work with all bb10 device
    Blend update out
    lcjr likes this.
    12-17-14 01:04 PM
    More gushing over Classic....this one from a long time BlackBerry critic.

BlackBerry ‘Classic’ Unboxed: Looks Nifty, Feels Nostalgic

The response here in the office by long-time BlackBerry users, who have mostly switched to Apple‘s (AAPL) iPhone, was nostalgia, wistfulness: This is a device marketed heavily to the things that made devices such as the “Bold” a big success, especially the hardware keyboard. (It also has a touch-screen, though).

There was general admiration among the Barron’s staff for what seems to many a very well-made BlackBerry in terms of fit and finish and feel in the hand.
    Much more over at Barrons

BlackBerry ?Classic? Unboxed: Looks Nifty, Feels Nostalgic - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    12-17-14 01:08 PM
    12-17-14 01:10 PM
    the Toronto Star has a good write-up.

sorry if its been posted already.

For hardcore BlackBerry users, new Classic is worth checking out | Toronto Star
    sidhuk, morganplus8, W Hoa and 3 others like this.
    12-17-14 01:13 PM
    Maybe add in some areas. Is that good or bad for the ER..hummmm

Posted via CB10
    Corbu likes this.
    12-17-14 01:16 PM
    woot woot yipeeeeeee blend is working for my Z10!!!!!!!!!
    lcjr, dusdal, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    12-17-14 01:16 PM

What's your take from that last comment?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 01:19 PM
    Too bad we have to wait "a couple of months" for AT&T and Verizon... Getting them on board as of today would have been awesome.
    12-17-14 01:19 PM
    Not sure...

I say we are still overall 2 or 3 Qs out... but getting there. First stop: cash flow break-even!
    12-17-14 01:23 PM
    Couple comments...

1) Love Chen's last comment!!! Friday might be fun
    2) that guy interviewing him is huge.... I thought he was going to eat Chen LOL

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-17-14 01:24 PM
    The pleasure I get is in the way JC toys with the media!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    12-17-14 01:28 PM
    Couple comments...

1) Love Chen's last comment!!! Friday might be fun
    2) that guy interviewing him is huge.... I thought he was going to eat Chen LOL

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Yes, he said in some areas they are "ahead of schedule" according to their turnaround plan. Nice to hear!

Don't like when JC sounds negative at times and highlights / comments on their delays, etc... I know he is "honest", but keep the negative comments to a minimum !!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-17-14 01:30 PM
    woot woot yipeeeeeee blend is working for my Z10!!!!!!!!!
    I thought blend was a enterprise app? Or do you just have to have 10.3.1 or a leak

12-17-14 01:40 PM
    I have a leaked 10.3.1
    I thought blend was a enterprise app? Or do you just have to have 10.3.1 or a leak

12-17-14 01:44 PM
113,256 ... 30433044304530463047 ...