View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Help. The Classic release today ... what impact will this have on BlackBerry in light of them selling their hardware division to Vodafone ... if I am correct on this. Thanks.
    Correct you are not. Where did you ever hear that BlackBerry sold their hardware division?

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-17-14 08:42 AM
    Thanks, re BB / V ... thought they were, misinterp on my part. Carry on bulls! Nice pop today!
    12-17-14 08:46 AM
    I'll play the Price Is Right on Passport sales and say 333,333 units.

But I hope I'm wrong and that the figure is closer to 350k...or 600k.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    12-17-14 08:51 AM
    +1000, don't feed bears/short with overheated expectations that would overwrite "street expectations" in the later "analysis".

Slightly OT but would be fantastic if this is the QNX CES1015 "surprise" (my bet : it is).

Motor-car / tech press is already talking about it ...
    Thanks for posting. Would be nice for it to go the digital route....

There is a see through "lattice" type A post designed by Ford (I think) to eliminate blind spots. They are seeing if it was strong enough though, and if they can achieve the same or better strength, this would be ideal to eliminate those blind spots.

The digital/screen option can offer more info though, but it may be too much distraction for a manual driver. Maybe better suited for driveless cars which im sure will see soon !
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-17-14 08:55 AM
    BBRY UPGRADE BGC financial from hold to buy 12.50 target from 11
    BGC Partners Upgrades BlackBerry (BBRY) to Buy

Was (pleasantly) surprised to see an upgrade amidst the bearish bandwagon of analysts. Market sentiment is still very bearish so potential investors still need to be cautious heading into earnings. To those that are long, hope it rips.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-17-14 08:58 AM
    More typical G&M stuff:
    Review: BlackBerry Classic is a trip back in time - The Globe and Mail

I won't post it in extenso this time. Getting tired of their biais.
    12-17-14 09:12 AM
    12-17-14 09:17 AM
    Here's our strategy with the new BlackBerry Classic?commentary

A corporate turnaround like the one underway at BlackBerry requires simultaneously moving forward in a rapidly changing market without losing sight of what makes the company's products and services work for customers.

Today BlackBerry is launching a new smartphone that captures that ethos and demonstrates that in the second year of our turnaround, BlackBerry is picking up momentum, building a future by curating the best parts of our recent past. We are keeping the commitments we made a year ago to turn around the company and defy skeptics who had written off BlackBerry.

BlackBerry Classic is classic BlackBerry – with the world's best mobile keyboard, familiar shortcuts and a trackpad – while boasting cutting-edge productivity features such as BlackBerry Hub and BlackBerry Blend. Classic represents what some of our best and most loyal customers have told us they want from BlackBerry.

Although designed for those loyal users, BlackBerry Classic represents a break from the ubiquitous slabs of glass and I believe even casual users will quickly see how powerful and innovative it is. Yes, innovative, because while Classic looks and feels very familiar with classic BlackBerry lines and styling, inside is some of the most advanced hardware and software we've ever produced. Battery life is 50 percent longer than our legendary workhorse, the 9900, the 3.5-inch touchscreen is super sharp and super tough with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and the BlackBerry 10 web browser is among the fastest on any mobile device.

Classic is an integral piece of a broad portfolio of products and services that include all-touch smartphones, traditional QWERTY handsets and the groundbreaking BlackBerry Passport, not to mention our recently launched BES12 enterprise mobility-management solution and a 2015 roster that, I think, will further change how people think about BlackBerry.

I've said before that innovation is not simply about blowing up things that work — that's called demolition. Innovation, on the other hand, involves taking a good thing and adapting it to create something that serves users even better.

That last element – fitting the needs of users – is crucial. How many times have you bought something that promises to be "new and improved" only to discover that it doesn't work as well as the old version? Frankly, I've heard that complaint from dedicated BlackBerry users, which guided us as we developed Classic and everything else we proudly put our name on. Innovating starts with listening.

It's a lesson for others as well. Innovation isn't just "disrupting" or making something cool for its own sake, it's also about filling a need – and sometimes very specific needs. One of the realities of rapidly developing technologies and fragmenting markets is that truly mass audiences are harder to serve profitably over the long term than the right niches.
    While BlackBerry's distinctive devices remain the gold standard for security and the clear choice for governments, law enforcement and regulated industries, our expanding range of services deliver unmatched BlackBerry functionality across platforms. BlackBerry Bundles, for example, bring, enterprise-grade messaging with BBM Protected, mobile collaboration with BBM Meetings and secure document sharing with BlackBerry Blend.

Tools like those keep businesses moving and growing. They are grounded in BlackBerry's past, but are the foundation of our future. BlackBerry's innovative spirit is stronger than ever and it is guided by a legacy of making our users more productive and protecting their data.

The BlackBerry Classic provides a good glimpse at where we are going as a company. We will go where our customers need us to be. Sometimes they will tell us explicitly, as they did with Classic; other times, we'll be helping them get to places they never knew they needed to be. That's the nature of innovation and it requires bucking convention to make things work better.

And that is classic BlackBerry.

John Chen is chief executive officer of B
    bungaboy, lcjr, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-17-14 09:19 AM
    Chen just gave an awful intro speech. Sounded like he hadn't done a bit of preparation...'the battery lasts 22hrs...I haven't tried it myself, but...'

Goodness...now they are doing an 'interview' on stage... 'keep diggin' it'...

Hmm...Jeff Gadway at least knows what he's doing...Chen should have opened with this speech, or has Jeff open with this presentation...

Posted via CB10
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    12-17-14 09:21 AM
    And they've left an Apple laptop visible to the audience...Jesus...this PR stuff isn't BlackBerry's strength...

Posted via CB10
    BACK-2-BLACK and CDM76 like this.
    12-17-14 09:26 AM
    And they've left an Apple laptop visible to the audience...Jesus...this PR stuff isn't BlackBerry's strength...

Posted via CB10
    Ya for real. They should've used a blackberry laptop instead.
    12-17-14 09:30 AM
    Is Gadway wearing brown shoes? Thank goodness this event isn't in London. Still, he's doing a decent job here. Reasonably well done.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 09:31 AM

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    12-17-14 09:32 AM
    You do realize that is on purpose right? reinforces the fact that Blackberry is cross platform and supports different OS's

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-17-14 09:33 AM
    Well, I've just thought of something...if the Apple laptop is there to show Blend, they are forgiven...still should have tucked it away and just projected the screen onto the big screen.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    Is Jaguar still owned by Ford?

Posted via CB10
    No a Company from India.
    No a Company from India.
    TATA

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-17-14 09:40 AM
    Chen just gave an awful intro speech. Sounded like he hadn't done a bit of preparation...'the battery lasts 22hrs...I haven't tried it myself, but...'

Goodness...now they are doing an 'interview' on stage... 'keep diggin' it'...

Hmm...Jeff Gadway at least knows what he's doing...Chen should have opened with this speech, or has Jeff open with this presentation...

Posted via CB10
    You picked a great Avatar. I would also shy away from associating with your screen name too. Not saying that any thing is wrong with it but..
    The stupid guy from blackberry also mentioned Lenovo's laptop too. I know I know. These guys don't know what they doing.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-17-14 09:48 AM
    Beard is now back saying he needs a 'Jeff app' to teach him how to use all the stuff they've invented...hmm.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 09:51 AM
    12-17-14 09:52 AM
    I think Gadway was really good, by the way. I wish they'd started with him.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-17-14 09:52 AM
    Is it just me or is anyone else not able to access the live stream? I was connected and then suddenly the stream stopped now I haven't been able to connect for 20 minutes now.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 09:59 AM
    Try the cbc live feed. Http:// www.cbc.ca/news/

BB10 4 ME
    12-17-14 10:04 AM
    Same here. Connection stopped around 9:40 am EST. Can't get it on my phone or any computer.

Is it just me or is anyone else not able to access the live stream? I was connected and then suddenly the stream stopped now I haven't been able to connect for 20 minutes now.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 10:04 AM
    Is Gadway wearing brown shoes? Thank goodness this event isn't in London. Still, he's doing a decent job here. Reasonably well done.

Posted via CB10
    Are you really serious? Really?
    12-17-14 10:06 AM
113,256 ... 30403041304230433044 ...