View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks, SuperFR, great info, exciting times! I heard this morning on CBC News that the Chen / Classic release is today at 10 AM ET. Does anyone know the broadcast will be televised on television or on the internet and if so where? No doubt the stock will move accordingly based upon Wed and Fri presentations.

The tone this morning on CBC News was very upbeat, both hosts used to have the original keyboard BlackBerry, but no longer once BlackBerry dropped the line, albeit they sounded positive about making the switch back to the Classic as they miss their keyboard. BlackBerry is targeting business and government with the Classic, however, what I saw I like, suspect consumers of all ages may jump on board, as long as the mechanics, software, etc. are what the buyers want.

Enjoy the day and Friday, exciting it is going to be for all.
    http://live.blackberry.events/

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    12-17-14 06:08 AM
    I think that was intentional to make a point about 'qwerty'... Atleast I hope that was the case.! Lol

She seemed to have more of a positive 'tone' this time about BB.

I'm curious though, what phone do you think she uses?
    She covers BlackBerry often, and is typically positive. That graphic (silhouette of an iPhone) is one they use all the time BTW. I think the folks at BNN need to hire some more people to their graphics department... LOL

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-17-14 06:08 AM
    With the acquisition of Movirtu, a provider of virtual identity solutions, in September, the latest devices support as many as four Virtual SIMs. �It�s available now in the Middle East. We are working with the carriers here. BB clearly demarcates your personal SIM space and the other SIM space. And for women, this has huge implications from the security angle,� she said.

BlackBerry also supports the HotRemit app that allows transfer of money via BBM, Facebook or SMS. The user has to download BBM and HotRemit and link it to the bank account. �Neither the sender nor the receiver gets to know the other person�s account information. They know only each other�s BBM Pin,� said Ms. Mathew. Work is under way for a Merchant app that will enable businessmen to send invoices and receive payments via BBM.
    With new features, BlackBerry refocusses itself - The Hindu
    12-17-14 06:14 AM
    Thanks, SuperFR, great info, exciting times!
    You're very welcome. AndI believe we'll ear an avalanche of exciting stuff ... BMW, Audi and Volvo ... all QNX consumers ...
    BMW To Present Self-Parking Technology At 2015 CES

At next year’s show, which runs from January 6 to 9 in Las Vegas, BMW will show an i3 prototype equipped with a more advanced version of its ActiveAssist technology.
    The latest version of ActiveAssist features highly-accurate position and environment recognition systems that rely on a myriad of sensors including new laser scanners. This allows a vehicle to manoeuvre in almost any situation a driver may encounter, using a 360-degree view.
    Other automakers working on similar self-parking technology include Audi and Volvo.
    bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    12-17-14 06:25 AM
    Wheel of Fortune rules... Passport numbers 350,001 closest to without going over
    I think that is a very realistic guess chrysaurora & Kris Erickson, I'm in at 350,002... and isn't it "The Price is Right"?

Anyhow, I just wanted to drop in to wish everyone the best of luck going into this launch event and earnings release. Thanks for the great content in here to all the usual contributors. I look forward to the next few days of comments and reactions to the events that unfold. I'm imagining we are in store for some fireworks. Let's all carry on in a professional and respectful manner. After all, its rude to rub it in when you've been right about something for a long time before everyone realizes it! Ha! Cheers!
    12-17-14 06:52 AM
    I'm not sure they'll disclose selling numbers by items ... I can't remember if they did even once since Heins.
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-17-14 07:34 AM
    Very interesting info, SF, on that Jaguar Transparent Pillar concept (JLR Develop Transparent Pillar and 'Follow Me' Ghost Car Navigation | Land Rover GB). Funny thing is I also came accross it two days ago, on a French car buff site...

I would love for this to be related to QNX, somehow, but I doubt it, unfortunately.

It seems that this work was carried out in-house. As a matter of fact, Jaguar came out with a Transparent Hood concept a year ago and I was never able to establish any form of tie-in with QNX on that one:
    Land Rover Reveals Transparent Bonnet Concept
    Land Rover reveals 'transparent' hood | Computerworld

I suspect we would have heard from QNX if they had been involved with Jaguar. I could certainly be wrong though since it seems to me that it is often difficult to establish what QNX does precisely, with whom. But that is another issue.

In any event, let's hope I am wrong and you are right as to the CSE 2015 concept car. We shall soon know:
    QNX at CES 2015

Upwards and onwards with QNX!

Have a good Classic day, everyone!
    rarsen, theRock1975, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    12-17-14 07:35 AM
    John Chen was just on CBS morning.
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    12-17-14 07:37 AM
    It would be nice if many phones are sold. But i would be happy even if devices just broken even. What I am more interested to know is how BES12 is doing and what's down the road at BTS, especially QNX and ion. BlackBerry has advantages in these areas and lots of room to grow. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, jxnb, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    12-17-14 07:48 AM
    John Chen was just on CBS morning.
    All I could find yet... Sorry about the quality.

12-17-14 07:51 AM
    I'm not sure they'll disclose selling numbers by items ... I can't remember if they did even once since Heins.
    I feel that if a particular phone blew out the numbers, ie passport selling 600,000 units or more, then it's a real possibility they will highlight those numbers as a launch pad for showing strength and turnaround momentum. If they don't have some OMG crazy sales numbers I think you're right they won't tote medial numbers.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-17-14 07:55 AM
    All I could find yet... Sorry about the quality.

Cut him off right as he was about to nail the meat of blackberry's prominence in security.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    morganplus8 and BACK-2-BLACK like this.
    12-17-14 07:59 AM
    This is better:

CBS This Morning Video - Blackberry once dominated the smartphone market, but now the company is fighting to regain popularity - CBS.com

Blackberry CEO on new smartphone, winning back customers
    Air Date: 12/17/14
    Blackberry once dominated the smartphone market, but now the company is fighting to regain popularity. Blackberry CEO John Chen joins "CBS This Morning" to unveil their newest device, the Blackberry Classic, and address the company's dropping revenue.

Do watch!
    laketrout73, jxnb, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    12-17-14 08:01 AM
    Very interesting info, SF, on that Jaguar Transparent Pillar concept (JLR Develop Transparent Pillar and 'Follow Me' Ghost Car Navigation | Land Rover GB). Funny thing is I also came accross it two days ago, on a French car buff site...

I would love for this to be related to QNX, somehow, but I doubt it, unfortunately.

It seems that this work was carried out in-house. As a matter of fact, Jaguar came out with a Transparent Hood concept a year ago and I was never able to establish any form of tie-in with QNX on that one:
    Land Rover Reveals Transparent Bonnet Concept
    Land Rover reveals 'transparent' hood | Computerworld

I suspect we would have heard from QNX if they had been involved with Jaguar. I could certainly be wrong though since it seems to me that it is often difficult to establish what QNX does precisely, with whom. But that is another issue.

In any event, let's hope I am wrong and you are right as to the CSE 2015 concept car. We shall soon know:
    QNX at CES 2015

Upwards and onwards with QNX!

Have a good Classic day, everyone!
    Is Jaguar still owned by Ford?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 08:02 AM
    Owned by Tata Motors since 2008.
    bungaboy, rarsen and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-17-14 08:05 AM
    Anyone know a live cast link that will work on BB10, specifically, 10.3.1 with its lack of flash?
    12-17-14 08:11 AM
    I think that was intentional to make a point about 'qwerty'... Atleast I hope that was the case.! Lol

She seemed to have more of a positive 'tone' this time about BB.

I'm curious though, what phone do you think she uses?
    Looking at her expression when interviewing John Chen, it's not a Blackberry. If they wanted to make any point at all, a Blackberry Classic commercial in the background would be nice .

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    12-17-14 08:12 AM
    You don't need that with fully managed devices under BES.
    One admin click and your camera won't work, at all.
    Exactly it's been like this since the 8100 Pearl debuted.I remember the lot of headlines about the concerns.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    12-17-14 08:14 AM
    Toronto goes looking for some drama with the bid/ask:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-drama.jpg
    12-17-14 08:16 AM
    Anyone know a live cast link that will work on BB10, specifically, 10.3.1 with its lack of flash?
    Main page of crackberry site there is an article. Click the link and wait until ten o'clock.

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-17-14 08:16 AM
    12-17-14 08:25 AM
    BBRY UPGRADE BGC financial from hold to buy 12.50 target from 11
    lech31, Mr BBRY, kadakn01 and 11 others like this.
    12-17-14 08:28 AM
    Help. The Classic release today ... what impact will this have on BlackBerry in light of them selling their hardware division to Vodafone ... if I am correct on this. Thanks.
    12-17-14 08:29 AM
    What a joke lol , clearing a paid for upgrade.

I wonder what made them upgrade at this time hmmmmmm.
    12-17-14 08:35 AM
    Help. The Classic release today ... what impact will this have on BlackBerry in light of them selling their hardware division to Vodafone ... if I am correct on this. Thanks.
    They're not selling their hardware division.
    12-17-14 08:39 AM
113,250 ... 30393040304130423043 ...