View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Shopblackberry and Amazon are not channels, they sell direct.
    Yes, but they only sell what's available. They may have produced 200,000+ but a good chunk of them are spoken for by carriers, Best Buy, etc.

Definitely great that they sold out THEIR preorder stock, but that could be 10k, 50k, 100k, 199,990. Who knows?

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    12-16-14 08:59 PM
    200k is simply the number that they had received PO's for going into launch morning. Many took that statement to believe that is what was sold in 2 days and since Amazon and Shop BB were sold out, that must have been the first run volume. I could be wrong, but BlackBerry never stated what the run volume was did they?

Posted via CB10
    First run sold out, second run sold out and it continued sold out for the rest of the world. Now places have them in stock and they are selling stock. The big question is how many did they manufactured per day???????????? Remember Brightstar bought 1 million Z10, so who might have the money to buy 200,000 passports, Brightstar comes to my mind or Expansys online also does.
    12-16-14 09:22 PM
    Don't think I mentioned here....I was one of the very first to order the Classic...anyway, they sent a nice email yesterday which thanked me for ordering, anticipated shipping and launch info...nice to see!

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    12-16-14 09:24 PM
    knock off this ****! Chen said they would have more then the passport, so 200,000 plus.
    You can disagree but please stop mocking anyone with a dissenting opinion from your own.

A couple days ago I voiced my concern over the number handset sales for this quarter and you mocked me too.

We all agree the Passport has sold well and we're waiting till Friday to find out more. However passport sales are only for 2 out the 3 months for this quarter. And of course the Classic won't count until the 2nd month of this current quarter. BES12 won't factor in until the following quarter.

My fear was that the traditional channels of handset sales in the west, namely through carriers, are diminishing. However, we know the push now is to sell directly through non-traditional means (Amazon, ShopBlackBerry).

What the handset numbers will tell us is whether those non-traditional methods are taking up the slack of diminished carrier support. Remember not a single carrier in the US is selling the Passport. Good numbers will also tell us that support could still be strong in the developing world (South America, Africa, South-east Asia). They could also tell us corporate demand may be returning.

You're right - we won't know until Friday.

We all want BlackBerry to succeed. Just please don't jump down the throats of those who may be advocating caution.

I fully do expect there to be "bouts of euphoria followed by periods of disillusionment.� but not necessarily in that order.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1154 | Bell | via CB10
    Last edited by laketrout73; 12-16-14 at 09:39 PM.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    12-16-14 09:26 PM
    Okay lets question 200,000 units and not question 10,000,000!
    12-16-14 09:36 PM
    We won't know Friday either unfortunately...

12-16-14 09:37 PM
    Just a thought...we are all here to support and discuss what is a great/precedent setting turn around of a tech icon, it's a long road, but we are at the corner...well done one and all for your patients!!

Last edited by Shanerredflag; 12-16-14 at 09:52 PM.
    12-16-14 09:41 PM
    12-16-14 09:42 PM
    Let's keep are fingers crossed !!

ZZ TOP10 Catch and release !!
    12-16-14 09:50 PM
    Nice to know they don't have a Blackberry phone to display on the screen. Yet they show an iPhone shaped phone. Love Canadian media!

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-16-14 at 10:24 PM.
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    12-16-14 10:13 PM
    Throwing my hat in the ring.

350,000 sold Passport.
    (first run 200,000, second and third run, 75,000 each)

But we'll never know. I don't think they'll break-down the numbers of Passport sold or break-up by device. My guess is the most they'd do is break-up by BBOS and BB10 numbers. Not further by which device in each category.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 and bungaboy like this.
    12-16-14 11:12 PM
    Why can't media just show the truth?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-twitter-trails-these-other-big-name-stocks-change-2014_chartbuilder.png

(and this after a 30% 1-month decline!!)
    12-16-14 11:36 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Throwing my hat in the ring.

350,000 sold Passport.
    (first run 200,000, second and third run, 75,000 each)

But we'll never know. I don't think they'll break-down the numbers of Passport sold or break-up by device. My guess is the most they'd do is break-up by BBOS and BB10 numbers. Not further by which device in each category.

Posted via CB10
    I think 600,000 sold....

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:11 AM
    Wheel of Fortune rules... Passport numbers 350,001 closest to without going over
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-17-14 12:27 AM
    12-17-14 12:29 AM
    I personally think 600k is too much of course i'd love to be wrong but my estimate would be roughly 400k

I think 600,000 sold....

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 12:52 AM
    Classic sold out at Amazon.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-classicsoldoutamazon.png
    bungaboy and Andy_bb_king like this.
    12-17-14 01:02 AM
    The past two years should have taught us that sold out means nothing.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 01:38 AM
    The past two years should have taught us that sold out means nothing.

Posted via CB10
    +1 , kfh227

Sold out means nothing to me. In fact, when I see sold out sign on ShopBlackBerry site, it only serves to anger me at continued poor management of direct sales by BlackBerry. BlackBerry's own (official) store should never show sold-out/out-of-stock sign. If some device is unavailable and you plan to continue to sell it, you should accept order and show a back-order date/expected fulfillment date. Instead of that, official BlackBerry site is turning away customers by saying sold-out and not providing (potential) customers any way to pre-order device. Just keep checking to see when it comes back in stock. This is ridiculous. So, when I see sold-out (specially on ShopBB), it stirs strong emotions but only the negative ones.
    12-17-14 01:51 AM
    I fully do expect there to be "bouts of euphoria followed by periods of disillusionment.� but not necessarily in that order
    +1000, don't feed bears/short with overheated expectations that would overwrite "street expectations" in the later "analysis".

Slightly OT but would be fantastic if this is the QNX CES1015 "surprise" (my bet : it is).

Motor-car / tech press is already talking about it ...

Remember the 2012 QNX video ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-17-14 at 05:51 AM.
    12-17-14 05:28 AM
    ding-ding "WAKE UP" Nasdaq !!!
    BlackBerry is set to launch the Classic later today, with events scheduled at New York City, Frankfurt, and Singapore. After the launch of the handset, the Canadian manufacturer will visit the Nasdaq MarketSite in Times Square to ring the stock market closing bell.
    James Yersh, BlackBerry's Chief Financial Officer, will ring the closing bell. The event will take place at the Nasdaq MarketSite, located at 4 Times Square - 43rd & Broadway Broadcast Studio on Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 3:45 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST. BlackBerry is set to report its quarterly earnings on the 19th of December, so it is likely that the manufacturer is deciding to ring the bell to signify a possible change in fortunes.
    BlackBerry to ring Nasdaq stock market closing bell on December 17 | CrackBerry.com
    12-17-14 05:40 AM
    Nice to know they don't have a Blackberry phone to display on the screen. Yet they show an iPhone shaped phone. Love Canadian media!

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    I think that was intentional to make a point about 'qwerty'... Atleast I hope that was the case.! Lol

She seemed to have more of a positive 'tone' this time about BB.

I'm curious though, what phone do you think she uses?
    12-17-14 05:59 AM
    Now we're in full topic - re: cloud based IoT (provided it's QNX ...)
    Jaguar Land Rover Shows Off Transparent Pillar Technology: Video

Taking the technology a step further, Jaguar envisages connecting the 360 Virtual Urban Windscreen to a cloud containing information on street markings and local businesses. The system could then present information ranging from gas station prices to the number of parking spots available, so drivers won’t have to look for this information themselves.
    I just love that !
    12-17-14 06:00 AM
    Passport on sale today on amazon.

Last edited by Shanerredflag; 12-17-14 at 06:22 AM.
    Mr BBRY and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    12-17-14 06:04 AM
    Thanks, SuperFR, great info, exciting times! I heard this morning on CBC News that the Chen / Classic release is today at 10 AM ET. Does anyone know the broadcast will be televised on television or on the internet and if so where? No doubt the stock will move accordingly based upon Wed and Fri presentations.

The tone this morning on CBC News was very upbeat, both hosts used to have the original keyboard BlackBerry, but no longer once BlackBerry dropped the line, albeit they sounded positive about making the switch back to the Classic as they miss their keyboard. BlackBerry is targeting business and government with the Classic, however, what I saw I like, suspect consumers of all ages may jump on board, as long as the mechanics, software, etc. are what the buyers want.

Enjoy the day and Friday, exciting it is going to be for all.
    12-17-14 06:07 AM
113,256 ... 30383039304030413042 ...