View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Entirely depends on how much cost allocation happens in Canada (ie R&D) . Handsets are manufactured overseas, so the weaker dollar has an adverse effect

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Actually, materials shipping and labour costs are dropping vs USD everywhere, so in the end it'll be a positive, along with the CAD benefit on costs (they flipped out excess CAD real estate assets at perfect time). There may be some short term pain (payment issues) from countries hit even harder though, like Venezuela, Nigeria, and Russia

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:54 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Knows What Haters Don?t Like About Passport

this is a recap of the 11 things wrong with the passport article. its nice to see lazy writers working both sides of the street these days!
    12-16-14 07:59 AM
    12-16-14 08:25 AM
    First!!!

Passport'n stuff all day long.

Oh...just missed it.
    12-16-14 08:31 AM
    Good News=down
    No News=gradually creeps down
    Bad News=really down
    12-16-14 08:40 AM
    Tiring isn't it? I wish I had more money to invest. This market is ridiculous!

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    CDM76, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-16-14 08:46 AM
    Tiring isn't it? I wish I had more money to invest. This market is ridiculous!

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    It really is. A 30% jump will only bring us to 12---what we were at back in November.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    12-16-14 08:51 AM
    Down almost 30% in few weeks for nothing but good news.
    Don't tell me the overall market is down that kind of BS.
    Even a surprise earning cannot make up all these losses, so much hate on this stock.
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-16-14 08:53 AM
    CORRECTED-Vodafone to get $850 mln Canada finance, mainly for BlackBerry (Thomson Reuters)

(Corrects figures to U.S. dollars from Canadian dollars)

OTTAWA, Dec 16 (Reuters) - British mobile phone operator Vodafone Group PLC will get $850 million in Canadian trade financing to help it buy enterprise services from BlackBerry Ltd, Ottawa said on Tuesday.

Export Development Canada (EDC) said that $750 million would go to BlackBerry, while the remaining $100 million was for future procurement from Canadian suppliers.

"Vodafone's global presence makes it a company that Canada's telecom sector has to have a relationship with," EDC Senior Vice-President Carl Burlock said in a statement. (Reporting by David Ljunggren; Editing by Peter Galloway)

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    12-16-14 08:57 AM
    You gotta remember bbry is just following the market... like every stock in my portfolio unfortunately. don't be like the tiger and quick to pounce but rather like the praying mantis who is patient and strikes with force. We longs must be patient and not cower at a weak market. She'll recover and bbry with her.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    rarsen, sidhuk, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    12-16-14 08:58 AM
    Btw if you can't tell I've been watching too much of the netflix show Marco polo... however the principal is sound.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    12-16-14 09:00 AM
    Hi JLagoon!!

If we look at the last 7-days, we know that the DOW has dropped 10% from its all time high, AAPL has dropped 10% from its all time high and even little BBRY has dropped close to 10% from its 7-day high area. The stock is following the market, no surprise there. Today, BBRY tried to clear back above $ 10.00 and was having no problem until the DOW dropped 250 points very quickly. The price of oil did the same thing, rallied at first and then dropped off. I mentioned awhile back that we need to see oil stabilize soon, and to watch for gold to break down, we will see oil slow down here and gold is breaking down. All of this sell-off is healthy, it is a standard 10% sell-off, no problem there, we are setup for our Christmas rally and I still expect BBRY to put on a great show into the end of January. Nothing has changed for me. GL and nice charts!
    Hi Morgan!

The above quote kind of cleared things up for me but I was confused by your post from a week ago when you said,

"The drop in oil is not healthy for the stock market when it occurs this quickly. So far, oil is not affecting the price of Gold, but if you see Gold start to lose ground, the market will see other investments give up their gains to support losses."

I watched gold stocks drift lower all week (as predicted) an they seem to be bouncing back this morning (now that I've written that, I expect them to reverse again, Damn that Quantum interference!)

But I still don't "get" it. If Oil is trending down (due to over-supply) and taking the market down with it, I would have though gold would go up because costs of mining would be decreasing and demand for gold would go up (safehaven, goldbugs etc.).

Can you shed some more light on this and maybe comment on the uptick of gold this morning vis-a-via the overall market.

Thanks
    12-16-14 09:08 AM
    http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/12/bla...ysts-cautious/

BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY TSE:BB) Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB) shares were down 4% on Monday ahead of the company’s third quarter earnings report. Blackberry is set to report its third quarter earnings on Dec. 19, and analysts are a bit cautious ahead of the release. In their recent report, both BMO Capital and Raymond James analysts reiterated their Market Perform rating on the Canadian company.

I looked at the 5 year chart and realized that as 2015 rolls out the five year chart will dramatically improve even if BlackBerry goes sideways, which might improve market sentiment with respect to BBRY. here's to BBRY starting to fire on all cylinders and post some consecutive quarterly profits (even anemic ones) starting this week!
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    12-16-14 09:23 AM
    BlackBerry to ring nasdaq closing bell!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 09:32 AM
    BlackBerry Limited (Nasdaq:BBRY), a global leader in mobile communications, will visit the Nasdaq MarketSite in Times Square.

In honor of the occasion, James Yersh, Chief Financial Officer, will ring the Closing Bell.
    Press Releases - News - Stockhouse
    12-16-14 09:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Whoa that's unexpected. No way they would be anywhere near nasdaq's headquarters if they knew the stock was going to tank this ER.
    12-16-14 09:41 AM
    12-16-14 09:41 AM
    Whoa that's unexpected. No way they would be anywhere near nasdaq's headquarters if they knew the stock was going to tank this ER.
    Odd indeed.
    Definitely a publicity move, due to them being in Manhattan for tomorrow's events.
    But still, odd.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    12-16-14 09:44 AM
    Odd indeed.
    Definitely a publicity move, due to them being in Manhattan for tomorrow's events.
    But still, odd.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing is odd anymore. Nothing. Especially related to this stock.
    Corbu, W Hoa, theRock1975 and 8 others like this.
    12-16-14 10:01 AM
    One thing BlackBerry does well is promotion videos. You've all probably seen it already but heck...

12-16-14 10:05 AM
    T-Mobile CEO @JohnLegere makes a special announcement LIVE, tomorrow at 10:30 AM ET on YahooTech.com!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-16-14 10:29 AM
    T-Mobile CEO @JohnLegere makes a special announcement LIVE, tomorrow at 10:30 AM ET on YahooTech.com!
    I believe that announcement was made this morning. Concerns "Un-carrier 8.0", if I am not mistaken...
    https://www.yahoo.com/tech/watch-t-m...307553349.html
    rarsen, bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    12-16-14 10:50 AM
    More on this:
    T-Mobile rocks a data rollover offer, with a 10GB bonus - CNET

Legere was asked on the webcast about whether BlackBerry would return to T-Mobile, and hinted at a possible reconciliation, while putting the onus on the handset manufacturer. "I'm open to the idea of finding a way for a customer to get a BlackBerry on T-Mobile," he said. "But it requires cooperation from BlackBerry."
    12-16-14 10:58 AM
    Hopefully, the co-operation from BlackBerry comes in the form of increased enterprise and pro-sumer demand for BlackBerry handsets.

BB10 4 ME
    12-16-14 11:07 AM
    OT: I just have to share this link, someone has pulled the wrong string and is being called on.

Here's Another Doomsday Prediction for Blackberry
    rarsen, bungaboy, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    12-16-14 11:14 AM
113,251 ... 30353036303730383039 ...