View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks SF,

One of the year's best buying opportunity gifts today.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-14 04:45 PM
    OT: Any holders of SPHS see what happened today? :'(
    *Gulp* *Raises hand slowly*... lol

Fortunately, I don't hold nearly as much as BBRY, but that's the stock market for ya (especially biotechs)! I took the loss on SPHS as my incentive to buy more BBRY / HALO today. I'm predicting big things in the coming weeks for each... with a little encouragement from our buddy, Morgan!
    12-15-14 04:51 PM
    [QUOTE=bbjdog;11163606]Like to share this article from the other part of the world, some of the words got lost in the translation.

... SOME of the words!?

Lol. This was fun; even just for comedy relief to mitigate todays' drop.
    Thanks brother!
    12-15-14 04:53 PM
    My guess is either the writers lost big on the old BlackBerry, they own Apple stock, or both.

I have friends who have the same sentiment. One lost $250K on the old BBRY, but he played a foolish hand.

Onward and upward....
    Objectivity matters. They cannot estimate how much damage they are doing to themselves.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Bacon Munchers like this.
    12-15-14 05:01 PM
    Here is an article that will get the blood boiling even more. Must we deal with such crap!

10 Biggest Tech Fails of 2014
    Author should be on the list of article fails.

I hope Santa brings him a tape measure so that he can discover that the Passport is a rectangle, not a square.

On a lighter note, a blatant OT post by yours truly:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141212_144156.jpg
    NASA reached me on the Passport, and warned that my 'beacons' are disrupting their satellites.
    12-15-14 05:28 PM
    Kevin O'leary!

He is still one of my favorite venture capitalist out there, I like the straight to the point no BS type of people
    a VERY good interview
    BNN - Watch TV Online | Big week for BlackBerry
    Interesting. He was raving about how good the passport was to read his financial reports over any other phone he's had. So he loved the passport. And he says this one is better. Can't wait to try one. But loving my passport can't see the Classic being AS good.
    Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    12-15-14 05:31 PM
    Kevin O'leary!

He is still one of my favorite venture capitalist out there, I like the straight to the point no BS type of people
    a VERY good interview
    BNN - Watch TV Online | Big week for BlackBerry
    Good interview but I don't agree with everything he said. For example, the Passport and Z30 are fantastic devices. He was raving over the Classic and maybe it's for him but let's not forget that all BlackBerry 10 devices run the same software. It's just the form factors that are different.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:34 PM
    It's late, so I don't have time to read much. Sorry if this has been answered before.
    Re: classic sales is (BIS) revenues loss.

Yes... but no.
    If you look at the installed base, BBOS devices left are mostly enterprise (I throw a 80% as an estimation, but won't run calculations with that) .
    Yet, those legacy devices are managed under BES5... which cannot handle BB10 devices.
    Rewind a few months ago and see how I was excited to learn that Classic will be released simultaneously with BES12 and I thought it'll be a perfect bundle to encourage migration (migrate some, keep some, the time to switch from 5 to 12).
    It is happening and they - on purpose ? - even offset the Classic launch (is that to avoid too many free upgrades ? (not for the cost but for the manpower and infrastructure needed to handle it).

You have to play chess to understand Chen. Where you see him now is just an artifact of where he was yesterday

Posted via CB10

Edited : this means for those migrating after February : the end of perpetual licences... see what they did here ?

Re-edited : there was a missing 'enteprise' near the 80%, sorry.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-15-14 at 06:37 PM.
    12-15-14 05:39 PM
    Good interview but I don't agree with everything he said. For example, the Passport and Z30 are fantastic devices. He was raving over the Classic and maybe it's for him but let's not forget that all BlackBerry 10 devices run the same software. It's just the form factors that are different.

Posted via CB10
    He is basically saying that the old management had their own agenda but JC actually went out to meet clients and get THEIR input. So JC built a device that everyone still loved which is the 9900 but had it updated with the newest and best OS. He was right though BlackBerry should have had this phone released years ago. Shows how much a strong management team can accomplish. All BlackBerry devices are solid but they cater to different people's needs but the classic is the one that caters to the core enterprise and die hard 9900 lovers which there are still millions of.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:45 PM
    All its missing is that beautiful smiley shaped keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:53 PM
    Didn't this happen right at the last BlackBerry ER?

The whole market is conspiring against us!

Posted via CB10
    OH MY GOD I think it's true XD

Z10 catch and release !!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-14 06:01 PM
    They can say all they want, but it doesn't change my position on BlackBerry. Long shall I stay and long it will be. When you see this kind of crap means people and companies are getting scared. They have turned up the propaganda machine to new highs and we all know who invented propaganda media. It's good to be different!

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    Exactly what I think !!

Z10 catch and release !!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-14 06:09 PM
    Author should be on the list of article fails.

I hope Santa brings him a tape measure so that he can discover that the Passport is a rectangle, not a square.

On a lighter note, a blatant OT post by yours truly:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141212_144156.jpg 
Views:	1264 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	320970
    NASA reached me on the Passport, and warned that my 'beacons' are disrupting their satellites.
    NASA has tracked your location and they have dispatched Bond (007. )

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    Corbu and Bacon Munchers like this.
    12-15-14 06:11 PM
    Does anyone have a link to the Kevin O'Leary interview that works on the Z30?

Sent from my awesome Z30
    12-15-14 06:17 PM

Sent from my awesome Z30
    Need to download Chrome browser from Snap...

The native BB10 browser doesn't work with BNN videos...
    12-15-14 06:40 PM
    Hi all:

It has been a while since the last chart I posted. Here is an updated one.

Quick points:
    - Line E (long blue line) from last December has served as a long term up trend line. We have had higher lows consecutively.
    - RSI shows clear oversold and overbought cycles. It looks like we are going into the oversold cycle.
    - Support price range seems to be in the $8.82 (MA200) and $8.65.
    - The key here is not to break line E with the hope that the SP would bounce from it as it did in the previous two cycles.
    - Something that we could notice as well is the price range (contraction) from each cycle, which the MACD indicator appears to reflect. It has become narrower from one cycle to another, which indicates that either the seller or the buyer has to give eventually. At the moment, I am not sure, whether this chart could be showing a ascending triangle (purple line as the top line in the extended daily chart) or a rising wedge (black line as the top line). Perhaps, Morgan could help to shed more light.
    Hi JLagoon!!

No, I see pretty much the same thing that you are pointing out in your great charts. Mine looks a bit different as I use slightly different references than you do.

Here is my version:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-dec-15a-2014.png

I start at the beginning of the calendar year, I build a case for my upper trending line, or resistance line, I find points where there are reversals on RSI>70 and generate that line. Then I draw the next parallel line following the major low point in the stock price over time which is a large RSI oversold level with a strong base. From those two lines I have what I think the pros will be looking at for the balance of 2014. From what I can determine, traders are using RSI points as their reversals, not TA classic signals like formations. They simply sell on RSI over-bought and buy on RSI oversold moments. We followed the 50-dma for several months so I like to keep and eye on that trend too. It has been predictable in terms of when they are going to buy/sell this play. Within my channel I see your upward sloping line and it is worth watching, it should be the bottom for BBRY this time around, unless the DOW wants to drop another 10%. By the way, my channel rises at the rate of $ 2.20/shr/US for BBRY every year. Not a big gain but a sustainable one for sure.

If we look at the last 7-days, we know that the DOW has dropped 10% from its all time high, AAPL has dropped 10% from its all time high and even little BBRY has dropped close to 10% from its 7-day high area. The stock is following the market, no surprise there. Today, BBRY tried to clear back above $ 10.00 and was having no problem until the DOW dropped 250 points very quickly. The price of oil did the same thing, rallied at first and then dropped off. I mentioned awhile back that we need to see oil stabilize soon, and to watch for gold to break down, we will see oil slow down here and gold is breaking down. All of this sell-off is healthy, it is a standard 10% sell-off, no problem there, we are setup for our Christmas rally and I still expect BBRY to put on a great show into the end of January. Nothing has changed for me. GL and nice charts!
    12-15-14 07:23 PM
    NASA has tracked your location and they have dispatched Bond (007. )
    Since we are on the subject, a change of plan might be necessary!
    James Bond film script stolen in Sony Pictures hack - BBC Newsbeat
    12-15-14 07:25 PM
    Who much money do you think the shorts have thrown at both bloggers and semi-reputable technology review sites to slam the Classic on Wednesday after 10am (when the publishing ban expires).

"screen too small", "slow dual core processor is 2012", "STILL no apps", "low res screen vs the competition"

I see Wednesday as another day to attempt to push the stock down. We'll see who wins. Chen can't reveal pre sale numbers until the conference call.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-14 07:48 PM
    12-15-14 07:53 PM
    If we look at the last 7-days, we know that the DOW has dropped 10% from its all time high, AAPL has dropped 10% from its all time high and even little BBRY has dropped close to 10% from its 7-day high area. The stock is following the market, no surprise there. Today, BBRY tried to clear back above $ 10.00 and was having no problem until the DOW dropped 250 points very quickly. The price of oil did the same thing, rallied at first and then dropped off. I mentioned awhile back that we need to see oil stabilize soon, and to watch for gold to break down, we will see oil slow down here and gold is breaking down. All of this sell-off is healthy, it is a standard 10% sell-off, no problem there, we are setup for our Christmas rally and I still expect BBRY to put on a great show into the end of January. Nothing has changed for me. GL and nice charts!
    Thanks Morgan!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    12-15-14 08:03 PM
    Need to download Chrome browser from Snap...

The native BB10 browser doesn't work with BNN videos...
    Or download the BNN Go app from Snap and then you can view any BNN video.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1154 | Bell | via CB10
    12-15-14 08:04 PM
    12-15-14 08:07 PM
    Who much money do you think the shorts have thrown at both bloggers and semi-reputable technology review sites to slam the Classic on Wednesday
    Let me guess � whoever writes a negative review has been paid off and whoever writes a positive review is being fair and honest?
    12-15-14 08:28 PM

Sent from my awesome Z30
    http://m.bnn.ca/article?url=http%3A%...deo&feedId=321

You need to go to their mobile site first, then they will play.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    12-15-14 08:28 PM
    http://m.bnn.ca/article?url=http%3A%...deo&feedId=321

You need to go to their mobile site first, then they will play.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    That's actually much better than the Android app. I can cast that onto my big screen via HDMI and go full screen (something you can't do using the Android app with the Q and Passport).

Thanks!

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1154 | Bell | via CB10
    12-15-14 08:33 PM
113,256 ... 30333034303530363037 ...