View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    FYI, it's a bloodbath in France too (CAC40 is the top 40 stocks).
    4000 points is a strong psychological level, and we're close to go back under with something like 10% loss in a month ... scary.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-15-14 11:40 AM
    Didn't this happen right at the last BlackBerry ER?

The whole market is conspiring against us!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, lech31 and sidhuk like this.
    12-15-14 11:42 AM
    No. I bought another small lot this morning. Sorry. Last time I bought was at 10.90 and the stock dropped to mid 9's immediately afterwards.

I may buy some APPL just to stop them too.
    My streak continues! If you're a long looking to buy more, you can thank me! LOL
    12-15-14 12:02 PM
    It's good to have a sense of humor at these times. Having a cup of strong British tea and chocolate digestive at the moment.

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    Superfly_FR, sidhuk, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    12-15-14 12:07 PM
    Here is an article that will get the blood boiling even more. Must we deal with such crap!

10 Biggest Tech Fails of 2014
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-14 12:15 PM
    bbjdog: why do you even link such a crappy article ... well, at least he's - kinda - praising the classic but, hey, this guy obviously never considered the passport more than 30 seconds ...
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    12-15-14 12:21 PM
    Vodafone

Posted with my flash Passport
    12-15-14 12:23 PM
    Here is another one
    BlackBerry: Data Points To Hardware Collapse - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

Any more bad news?
    All the bad news i saw are from these so called ANALysts.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-14 12:25 PM
    It's good to have a sense of humor at these times. Having a cup of strong British tea and chocolate digestive at the moment.

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    Ooo, you've tempted me now! Lovely jubbly lol

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10, La Emperor and sidhuk like this.
    12-15-14 12:26 PM
    Here's one:

"BlackBerry short squeeze possible after launch, earnings, Goldman says
    Shares of BlackBerrry (BBRY) could undergo a short squeeze this week, driven by the launch of the company's new BlackBerry Classic smartphone and the company's earnings conference call, Goldman Sachs wrote in a note to investors today. WHAT'S NEW: The launch of the Classic on Wednesday, along with BlackBerry's earnings conference call on Friday, could generate a short squeeze in BlackBerry's stock, Goldman analyst Simona Jankowski wrote. BlackBerry's Q3 earnings per share should be "largely in-line" with the consensus outlook, as higher hardware revenues should be more than offset by a decline in legacy service revenues, the analyst stated. However, the company's EPS for its quarter ended in February should beat expectations, driven by the launch of the Classic, Jankowski forecast. Still, she kept a Neutral rating on the stock. WHAT'S NOTABLE: According to Jankowski, the short interest in BlackBerry shares has risen to 21%. PRICE ACTION: In early afternoon trading, BlackBerry fell 1.7% to $9.67. The stock is off its low for the day of $9.40. BlackBerry shares have dropped about 12% over the last three months"
    La Emperor, rarsen, jxnb and 5 others like this.
    12-15-14 12:29 PM
    Every Dog has........ days. Lol.
    Thank you for another opportunity.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-15-14 12:39 PM
    bbjdog: why do you even link such a crappy article ... well, at least he's - kinda - praising the classic but, hey, this guy obviously never considered the passport more than 30 seconds ...
    They can say all they want, but it doesn't change my position on BlackBerry. Long shall I stay and long it will be. When you see this kind of crap means people and companies are getting scared. They have turned up the propaganda machine to new highs and we all know who invented propaganda media. It's good to be different!

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    georg4BB, bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    12-15-14 12:57 PM
    This may be a tad unpopular, but I'm going to post my chart. I'm glad that the ER is only 5 trading days away as I think it will limit the risk of fulfillment. I put my thoughts to words to a BBM contact on this very play back on Nov 26th. What I see is a textbook head and shoulders pattern. The 50-dma, and historical support has held but I think, with the low volume, uncertainty, and millions at stake, the formation could come to fruition. This would also limit the upside on a positive earnings. My target price range would be from $9.30-$9.50. The 200-dma as well as the uptrend from the lows should provide an enormous amount of support.

Of course, I welcome any of the really experience TA guys to comment and/or correct my view.

Attachment 320149
    Good call CJ. This is why we need all of the viewpoints not just the ones people want to hear.
    12-15-14 01:11 PM
    Readings material!
    If you're sensitive to what is around you don't bother reading past this point. But what they say at the end has some creditability. Good classic sales equal fast declining service fees. But if you are long and believe in the company this is a hiccup.

BlackBerry�s Chen faces a Classic dilemma (RTGAM)

SEAN SILCOFF

OTTAWA � John Chen has done a decent job resetting the narrative in his 13 months as CEO of BlackBerry Ltd. The company has cut costs and refocused on its core customers. It has struck a deal that protects its downside risk in the smartphone business but has still managed to launch one distinctive device (the Passport) and will unveil another, the Classic, aimed at diehard BlackBerry users, this Wednesday. It is focusing more on selling software and services by helping governments and businesses manage their fleets of smartphones. Time to roll out the �Mission Accomplished� banner? Hardly.

First, BlackBerry faces intense competition not only in devices (Mr. Chen�s goal of selling 10 million smartphones in a market that has largely forgotten BlackBerry might be a challenge), but also in serving the device management needs of enterprises, where big players like Citrix, IBM and Google have moved in. The business is not BlackBerry�s to take as it once was; the company has to win it back after taking too long to enable its customers to manage all their devices using its server software.

Mr. Chen also plans to derive $100-million in revenue in the fiscal year starting March, 2015, from his BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) instant messaging service. That�s a stretch for a company whose service is a distant second-tier player against Facebook�s WhatsApp in a business where revenues are small and spotty.

But there�s something else among BlackBerry�s moving parts that�s even more distressing: Even if Mr. Chen can hit his two big goals for next year � doubling software revenues to $500-million, and bringing in $100-million from BBM � that $350-million revenue bump would still come nowhere close to offsetting a big revenue stream in steady decline: the service access fees BlackBerry charges users of its smartphones.

Those fees have been dropping steadily due to the declining subscriber base and because previous CEO Thorsten Heins bowed to long-standing carrier pressure and stopped charging fees for the new BlackBerry 10 model phones it launched last year.

This fee stream, which once topped $1-billion per quarter, is dropping at a rate of 10 per cent to 15 per cent a quarter. But it still accounts for a big portion of revenues, amounting to $424-million in the last quarter, almost half the overall total. The company has warned that will drop from about $1.6-billion this year to the mid-$800-millions level next year, a decline of more than $700-million. Some analysts expect it will fall even further.

Mr. Chen�s plan would generate only $350-million in new cash � hard-won revenues that would have to be earned in the marketplace, compared to easy money that continues to flow in � albeit at a declining rate � with extremely high margins. �That fee stream is the lifeline that has allowed them to go through their reorganization,� said Citi analyst Ehud Gelblum.

And if the Classic is a smashing success, it could conceivably lead even more users of the company�s older products � which are still yielding those big fees � to trade them in for newer phones, which don�t, hastening the fee decline.

Mr. Chen has enough challenges to deal with; it would be unfortunate if the Classic launch is so successful that it creates another one for him.

12-15-14 01:47 PM
    In regards to my last post, one important thing I would like to find out on December 19,2014 , is how many have subscribed to bes12.

12-15-14 02:07 PM
    Where would we be without Sneaky AlpFUD?

They sure know how to take care of the Hedgetrolls.
    Corbu, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    12-15-14 02:11 PM
    Good turnaround perception will be more visible to consumers if the stock pops 35% on earnings instead of 10% (before we went through this 25% decline).
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    12-15-14 02:21 PM
    Good classic sales equal fast declining service fees. But if you are long and believe in the company this is a hiccup.
    To shorts, declining service fees are a big part of the argument. Mr Chen has already stated that revenue from service fees will decline 17% this quarter over last. Shorts discount the Classic as well, however. They argue that the Classic will fill a need from legacy BlackBerry users but that need once met will be done. The argument is this is not a phone for 'new' users.

Until BES12 is fully implemented, with its implied revenue stream, BBM is monetized and/or BlackBerry has a breakout phone/device (Passport?) the shorts will hover over this stock like hyenas over carrion.

Having said that, a short squeeze of any magnitude on Friday would be a great start to the holidays.
    12-15-14 02:27 PM
    So what happened in last few days ? Is this last attempt by bears before the squeeze ? No one asked for rating, opinion and yet analysts giving updates and downgrades..nice
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-14 02:43 PM
    To shorts, declining service fees are a big part of the argument. Mr Chen has already stated that revenue from service fees will decline 17% this quarter over last. Shorts discount the Classic as well, however. They argue that the Classic will fill a need from legacy BlackBerry users but that need once met will be done. The argument is this is not a phone for 'new' users.

Until BES12 is fully implemented, with its implied revenue stream, BBM is monetized and/or BlackBerry has a breakout phone/device (Passport?) the shorts will hover over this stock like hyenas over carrion.

Having said that, a short squeeze of any magnitude on Friday would be a great start to the holidays.
    I think, by pushing out narrative that success of Classic will mean even faster decline in service fee, the shorts have one-upped longs again. This narrative has potential to effectively suppress gains that could be had from Classic sales. Preemptive strike.

But you know what, I think while shorts have a point, it's not the full picture.

If BB makes even $100 profit on a Classic. Then each sale is equal to two years of service fee (assuming $4/mo/service fee for each user).

And 2 years gives BlackBerry enough time to figure out an alternative recurring revenue stream (BES12, eBBM suite and so on).

So, for our calculations, we can consider Classic to be a break-even device or a growth device. That is, sales of Classic will simply offset loss in service fee for about 2 years.

So, I guess, to be conservative, we can just ignore the effect of selling Classic and try to see if BB is still going to be profitable? If we ignore profits from Classic and only count profits from sales of BES licenses and other devices (Passport, Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, future devices..), is BB still on its way to sooner-than-expected profitability?

If Classic becomes successful in getting even 20% of existing legacy users to upgrade, I think in < 1 year, our app problems would be solved. If you get 10M Classics (BB10) sold in a year, you will attract interest from all kinds of app-developers,
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 12-15-14 at 03:19 PM.
    W Hoa, jxnb, Andy_bb_king and 5 others like this.
    12-15-14 02:45 PM
    Kevin O'leary!

He is still one of my favorite venture capitalist out there, I like the straight to the point no BS type of people
    a VERY good interview
    BNN - Watch TV Online | Big week for BlackBerry
    Mr BBRY, Corbu, jxnb and 16 others like this.
    12-15-14 04:05 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

2014 in security: The biggest hacks, leaks, and data breaches | ZDNet
    Comment: Isn't stated damage control giving low numbers, example "An estimated 110 million records were pilfered from Target, for a total cost of the breach hit $110 million by the mid-year" A single dollar average cost for each file? There are surely some skeptics in the crowd, considering the large aggravations anytime a credit card is stolen or results from identity theft. Security is maybe not painful enough yet, to modify existing practices. Expecting sadness from results after this heavy shopping period.
    12-15-14 04:16 PM
    All I want for Christmas is solid device and Bes 12 numbers. We knew about service fees for over one year and John Chen said in the last investors meeting that it would decline 15%. So it's not new information that we did not already know. Right now is the perfect time to deliver and this stock will hit the roof.

Has anyone wonder why BlackBerry had a fire sale on the devices?

I know nothing and that is fact, only BlackBerry knows the numbers that they keep. Let's hope for the best and good luck to all!

Last edited by bbjdog; 12-15-14 at 05:29 PM.
    12-15-14 04:18 PM
    Hi all:

It has been a while since the last chart I posted. Here is an updated one.

Quick points:
    - Line E (long blue line) from last December has served as a long term up trend line. We have had higher lows consecutively.
    - RSI shows clear oversold and overbought cycles. It looks like we are going into the oversold cycle.
    - Support price range seems to be in the $8.82 (MA200) and $8.65.
    - The key here is not to break line E with the hope that the SP would bounce from it as it did in the previous two cycles.
    - Something that we could notice as well is the price range (contraction) from each cycle, which the MACD indicator appears to reflect. It has become narrower from one cycle to another, which indicates that either the seller or the buyer has to give eventually. At the moment, I am not sure, whether this chart could be showing a ascending triangle (purple line as the top line in the extended daily chart) or a rising wedge (black line as the top line). Perhaps, Morgan could help to shed more light.

Daily chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-12-16-4.45.08-am.png

Extended daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-12-16-5.25.31-am.png
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, lech31 and 14 others like this.
    12-15-14 04:30 PM
    Kevin O'leary!

He is still one of my favorite venture capitalist out there, I like the straight to the point no BS type of people
    a VERY good interview
    BNN - Watch TV Online | Big week for BlackBerry
    Thank you for that, slipstream89!

A breath of fresh air among all the recent gloom and doom...

Keep the faith, guys!
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, lech31 and 6 others like this.
    12-15-14 04:31 PM
113,250 ... 30323033303430353036 ...