View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I had the exact same experience. A few moments of unsurity. Now it's pretty much perfect.

Try it out for a few weeks Chrysaurora, you have thirty days to change your mind.

Posted via CB10
    But we warn you! you might not turn back.

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    12-14-14 08:04 PM
    I bought a Passport for my brother from my friend who works at BlackBerry. He was rocking the classic when he showed up and man it was nice! A beauty to hold, probably the nicest phone I have ever held and a very striking piece. Runs nice and smooth too. Everyone's in for a treat this week! Open the flood gates.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 08:29 PM
    I bought a Passport for my brother from my friend who works at BlackBerry. He was rocking the classic when he showed up and man it was nice! A beauty to hold, probably the nicest phone I have ever held and a very striking piece. Runs nice and smooth too. Everyone's in for a treat this week! Open the flood gates.

Posted via CB10
    Oh man, can't wait to hold one. I love my Passport, but the Classic looks very elegant, and I love the size. I'll be one of the losers lining up at my local Telus just to touch one.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 09:42 PM
    I had to share this post here!
    one more thing vote for the passport if you want. http://actu.meilleurmobile.com/meill...one-2014_73388

duboisstephane0

I have tested the Blackberry Classic.

From a user point of view, the old navigation on a new OS works amazingly.
    From a support point of view, we will have very happy clients and an easier time solving their issues.

Goodbye 2011...hello 2015.

I have less doubts for BlackBerry's future...but i have always been hopeful.
    Especially now that our mixed BlackBerry / iPhone environment has demonstrated that on a corporate level, iPhone fares not so well.
    It is a corporate fail and clients are not happy with Apple.

They are going back to BlackBerry, the Canadian company the government should have supported all along.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport on the Bell network
    12-14-14 09:42 PM
    The Globe and Mail is a dead Canadian company. Good riddance. I don't buy their trash. They have nothing good to say about BlackBerry. It�s sad for a Canadian company. They have an axe to grind!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    12-14-14 10:28 PM
    The Globe and Mail is a dead Canadian company. Good riddance. I don't buy their trash. They have nothing good to say about BlackBerry. It�s sad for a Canadian company. They have an axe to grind!

Posted via CB10
    My guess is either the writers lost big on the old BlackBerry, they own Apple stock, or both.

I have friends who have the same sentiment. One lost $250K on the old BBRY, but he played a foolish hand.

Onward and upward....
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-14 02:05 AM
    Off topic:

I've Q10 and every time I tried Passport @ retail store, I wasn't sure I want to buy it. I WANT it but will it work for me? So, I want to know:
    how much learning curve/getting-used-to curve is there for missing 4th row, smaller spacebar, missing shift-alt keys?
    +1 with previous comments.
    I'l add :
    I accidentally dropped a white paint dot on the left side of the space bar and all of sudden, the 4th row request vanished and I praised my luck.
    Funny how little details can change your experience in a snap. Try it, you won't regret ! .

P.S: sorry for the crappy pic.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

edit : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...curacy-983247/
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-15-14 at 06:32 AM.
    bungaboy and W Hoa like this.
    12-15-14 05:36 AM
    BlackBerry and Idea Cellular launch SIM-based licensing solution

• December 15, 2014
    • by Team, Light Reading India

BlackBerry and Idea Cellular launch SIM-based licensing solution - Light Reading ? India Telecom News, Telecommunication News

BlackBerry Limited and Idea Cellular have joined hands to launch of a solution, Enhanced SIM-Based Licensing (ESBL) in India.

With the new ESBL offering, Idea Cellular customers will be able to integrate Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) services with their wireless monthly subscriber billing. The ESBL offering will support iOS, Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry 10.

The offering will enable Idea Cellular to resell BlackBerry EMM services licensing as a bundled offer in a similar manner as MMS, SMS and v-mail. The simplified selling process with voice/data-plan integration will enable Idea Cellular to offer a monthly billing model with daily proration. With reduced carrier adoption costs, Idea Cellular customers will be able to quickly add new BlackBerry services. ESBL will also integrate into the carrier provisioning systems and help Idea Cellular identify current customer licensing and upsell opportunities.

The ESBL offering will benefit enterprise customers immensely with an improved purchasing experience that provides the opportunity to consolidate operational costs into one monthly invoice. The license migration process gets eliminated as license includes upgrades and updates.
    For customers, they will have the flexibility of a monthly “pay as you go” licensing model delivered through Idea Cellular. Enterprises with 100% BYOD policies will also have the opportunity for Bring Your Own License (BYOL) with ESBL.

Idea Cellular is the first telecom operator in India to to partner with BlackBerry to offer its enterprise customers the industry first ESBL offering.
    "With the new ESBL offering, Idea Cellular will become the one stop shop for the customers for devices, data plans, and software and services. We are confident that this partnership with BlackBerry will help us provide the enterprise segment with a differentiated, cost effective and seamless EMM solution," said Sashi Shankar, Chief Marketing Officer, Idea Cellular.

The partnership will leverage the latest offering, BES12: a cross-platform EMM solution by BlackBerry made available recently. BES12 provides expanded EMM capabilities that can manage any mobile deployment model such as BYOD, COPE and COBO, and is built on BlackBerry’s trusted network.

“As a part of our BES12 roll out plans, ESBL has been designed to offer enterprises with a more productive, secure and flexible business solution. Our partnership with Idea Cellular will help us render the benefits of our robust yet flexible enterprise offerings to a wider gamut of Indian enterprises through a simplified licensing model,” said Sunil Lalvani, Managing Director, BlackBerry India.
    12-15-14 05:36 AM
    Who supplies handsets to Enterprise clients? BlackBerry directly or the client's Carrier?
    Last time I discussed it with Enterprise team in France, the only channel was carriers.
    But that's an interesting question. Will ask again and report back.

Have a nice week gang !
    SF
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-14 05:42 AM
    Bookmark it : BlackBerry Webcast => Classic launch
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    12-15-14 05:47 AM
    Interesting reading :
    Abstract :
    The "false narrative" is alive and well with BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY), as shorts tried to cast Friday's sell-off (or "sell-back" from the day before's gains) as something other than mere profit-taking. Even TheStreet.com couldn't help itself, as it put out this piece just a few hours after trading began Friday, claiming the decline was simply due to investors being unhappy with the company's outlook on service revenues. Not surprisingly, the piece made no mention of the slew of new products being launched or BlackBerry's watershed partnership with Samsung (OTC:SSNLF).
    This explanation quickly got caught up in the "echo chamber" and began to find its way onto the message boards, such as StockTwits.
    Link : The $800M Secret The BlackBerry Shorts Don't Want You To Know About - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    12-15-14 06:12 AM
    I think i will add to my position today , price seems to be pushed down and hopefully this baby will be in the 12's by new years
    12-15-14 07:27 AM
    Like to share this article from the other part of the world, some of the words got lost in the translation.

Author: James FrostIssued: 24. 11.2014
    Gone are the days when users are iPhone unique and every time he pulled out his phone, they were the center of attention. The pendulum swings on two sides, and now it seems that swings away from Apple for BlackBerry. It is thanks to John Chen takes an unusually large speed forward and lately dere to "the new Apple."

Let's face it - Apple with its iPhone for a long time no one breath kicked in. The biggest change was the dramatic increase in phone screen to 4 inches, mainly due to the fact that Steve Jobs was able to change this very well sell. This year we waited while further enlargement, but definitely not as warm and tumultuous welcome. Yes, the iPhone sales are at historic highs, but the magic of Apple's never been and is not.

TIP: Contemporary impressions of the Apple iPhone

Original Apple iPhone
    In 2007, Steve Jobs introduced the first iPhone. Taunts and misunderstandings of this device were rampant and the first iPhone bought mainly die-hard Apple fans from the time the iPod and technology enthusiasts. Those in their time were exotics, because "who would buy a phone that does not support such basic features as MMS or copy and paste text?" Yet the iPhone many people loved him and his owners were so faithful. Its users were the most successful entrepreneurs and people who prided himself on image and excellent support.

Such times are gone, but the iPhone has everyone. On the other hand, there is BlackBerry. Unobtrusive, with a small base of loyal fans, but has a huge capital and director who resembles Steve Jobs. John Chen speaks directly to BlackBerry fans and is not isolated from the outside world. Like Jobs, and Chen focuses on the business sector and mainly produces equipment for labor active individuals who seek a toy, but a working tool. BlackBerry additionally offers greater security than once unbreakable iPhone and BlackBerry phone has, for example, from US President Barack Obama.

BlackBerry Passport
    Chen is so long searched for BlackBerry director who knows whom to target their products and can make the device, which its owner apart from the crowd. Let's face it, when we see today iPhone, so we say "the iPhone is everywhere," but when you catch a glimpse of BlackBerry comes to mind is the complete opposite. Just as was the case with the iPhone in its infancy. In addition, with a very strong line-up, which currently owns BlackBerry (Classic, Passport , Z30 , Z10 and Q10 ), the Canadian blackberry can satisfy a wide range of candidates. Whether BlackBerry "replaces" Apple turns over time, but if someone has to prove is that John Chen.
    12-15-14 07:54 AM
    12-15-14 08:08 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies files:

http://cleantechnica.com/2014/12/14/...eanTechnica%29
    Why I Wouldn't Short Tesla Motors, Inc. Stock (TSLA)

Just curious how many other great companies out there also have high levels of shorts, Tesla was at one time 1 in 4 of his outstanding shares.
    GL all with BB this week, should be very interesting and increasingly better at each new ER
    12-15-14 08:48 AM
    12-15-14 09:38 AM
    12-15-14 09:59 AM
    http://www.theflyonthewall.com/perma...=BBRY&page=all

"BBRYBlackBerry could undergo short squeeze this week, says Goldman
    Subscribe for More Information"

WTF?

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-15-14 10:07 AM
    And the markets suck again today. Come on Friday get here so I can at least have one position showing green

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-15-14 10:16 AM
    Stock Market & Financial Investment News: Educated Investors Get Live Stock Market News Feeds & Alerts at The Fly On the Wall

WTF?
    This is what I was able to find...

[The Fly] Goldman expects BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) to report in-line Q3 results, but thinks that the company’s new Classic smartphone will enable it to beat Q4 consensus estimates. The firm thinks that the stock could experience a short squeeze this week, driven by the launch of the Classic on Wednesday and its results on Friday. Goldman keeps a Neutral rating on the shares.
    Stock Update: BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) - Street Report

Typical noise if you ask me...
    12-15-14 10:18 AM
    Hmmm....thinking of when I should pull the trigger and get back into this BBRY trade. Tuesday, before Classic launch or should I wait until day before ER?? Seems like a steal either way

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    12-15-14 10:25 AM

WTF?
    If so....we wait to see who blinks first
    Andy_bb_king and bungaboy like this.
    12-15-14 10:30 AM
    I ******* love sell-offs
    yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    12-15-14 10:37 AM
    The S&P500 broke below 2,000 and is breaking below its 100-day moving average so everything is getting hammered. With oil still looking for a bottom, I wouldn't be surprised if the S&P index touches its 200-day moving average of around 1,950. This week is definitely going to be interesting for BBRY is such a climate.
    12-15-14 10:56 AM
    OT: Any holders of SPHS see what happened today? :'(
    12-15-14 11:31 AM
113,256 ... 30313032303330343035 ...