View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm very nervous about handset sales numbers. The Passport will help but carrier support in the west is drying up for the older BB10 phones. Beyond corporate demand the retail side of sales could see a drop from last quarter. Shop BlackBerry and Amazon, while selling out, only account for 10s of thousands of sales, not 100s of thousands or millions. It's through carriers where the bulk of handset sales still come from.

I hope it's different in developing nations. And that the service side of things plus QNX can pick up the slack. That certainly is the plan - to have the service side lead the growth.

Like last quarter, there were no big surprises and hence no big change in share price. All the improvement and future outlook had already been factored in the the rise in share price over the previous 3 months. I would be happy for the same thing this time round - meet and slightly exceed expectations.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1154 | Bell | via CB10
    12-14-14 01:15 PM
    Who supplies handsets to Enterprise clients? BlackBerry directly or the client's Carrier?
    12-14-14 01:42 PM
    12-14-14 01:44 PM
    12-14-14 01:46 PM

I hope it's different in developing nations. And that the service side of things plus QNX can pick up the slack. That certainly is the plan - to have the service side lead the growth.

It is indeed different in developing countries. People buy phones off-contract from retail. Not from carriers.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    12-14-14 01:49 PM
    https://db.tt/h2JItltm

OT: What a night ...home by about 4 am. Hehe

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    12-14-14 01:57 PM
    Shop BlackBerry and Amazon, while selling out, only account for 10s of thousands of sales, not 100s of thousands or millions
    Do I have to write anything about the above quote!
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    12-14-14 02:29 PM
    OT follow-up.

Ok. About the inception attack.
    I've shaked some Elite contacts and here is the official BlackBerry statement as of today (Sunday 21:35 CET) :

"Safeguarding our customers� security and privacy is a top priority for BlackBerry. Current BlackBerry investigations reveal no indication that the �Inception� malware is present in BlackBerry World. Additionally, BlackBerry 10 on-device*malware scanning rules have been updated to detect the known malware variants and, when enabled, will notify users who attempt to install an Android*app containing the malware."

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 02:35 PM
    It's an ever changing situation with the Classic but this is the latest from the Crackberry article:

fof9l
    I did pre-order for my wife, although she's now happy with my Z30 (replaced for me by the Passport). I'm not going to cancel, though...

As of 1930 Saturday night in the UK, all UK, France and Germany are sold out of Classics. Interestingly, Z30s are also sold out in Europe and in Canada. Difficult to know whether this reflects sales much better than anticipated, or significant caution and learning from the huge Z10 writedown. But I'm looking forward to the next earnings announcement. I kept my BB shares...
    BlackBerry Classic pre-orders sold out in North America | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by W Hoa; 12-15-14 at 06:02 AM.
    12-14-14 03:18 PM
    Do I have to write anything about the above quote!
    Can you please? I'm genuinely curious to get a better idea of direct sales.

12-14-14 03:57 PM
    Can you please? I'm genuinely curious to get a better idea of direct sales.

I believe you are looking for the Blackberry ER on December 19,2014. You will find out all the numbers you need, until then have a drink or two.

This graph shows how many people downloaded a particular app or two.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-nov2014devices1.png

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-14-14 at 04:55 PM.
    12-14-14 04:19 PM
    BlackBerry Tablet 2.0 anyone? http://instagram.com/p/wmjP6sPCGs/

BlackBerry Passport beside a BlackBerry Passport Alpha! It's HUGE! It has a 6.75 inch display screen, 2160x2160 resolution! 4 gb of Ram! 64 gb of internal memory! OH GODDAMN!!!

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    12-14-14 05:08 PM
    BlackBerry Tablet 2.0 anyone? Instagram

BlackBerry Passport beside a BlackBerry Passport Alpha! It's HUGE! It has a 6.75 inch display screen, 2160x2160 resolution! 4 gb of Ram! 64 gb of internal memory! OH GODDAMN!!!

I would buy one.
    12-14-14 05:25 PM
    BlackBerry Tablet 2.0 anyone? http://instagram.com/p/wmjP6sPCGs/

So they photoshop a larger picture of the Passport onto a picture of a regular size passport and call it a phablet??? Aurgh. Why do people fall for this crap?

Posted via CB10
    iamagod and BACK-2-BLACK like this.
    12-14-14 05:37 PM
    It looks like it would be extremely top heavy. And I can already hear the chorus yammering about not being able to use it one handed! LOL.

BB10 4 ME
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    12-14-14 06:04 PM
    Maybe for Nanthealth and the medical industry ??

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    sidhuk likes this.
    12-14-14 06:08 PM
    It looks like it would be extremely top heavy. And I can already hear the chorus yammering about not being able to use it one handed! LOL.

BB10 4 ME
    I dont find Passport top heavy. i am using both hands to type now. works great. haters gonna hate no matter what and complainers gonna complaint no matter what. days of typing wrong passwords are gone. when i press a key, i know what i pressed without looking at it. i still wish that shift,alt key was also hardware.
    12-14-14 06:20 PM

BB10 4 ME
    Lol, I agree.

I didn't post this us a true fact. I just thought it was funny but then again who knows?

bungaboy likes this.
    12-14-14 06:21 PM
    I dont find Passport top heavy. i am using both hands to type now. works great. haters gonna hate no matter what and complainers gonna complaint no matter what. days of typing wrong passwords are gone. when i press a key, i know what i pressed without looking at it. i still wish that shift,alt key was also hardware.
    Off topic:

I've Q10 and every time I tried Passport @ retail store, I wasn't sure I want to buy it. I WANT it but will it work for me? So, I want to know:
    how much learning curve/getting-used-to curve is there for missing 4th row, smaller spacebar, missing shift-alt keys?
    12-14-14 06:24 PM
    From Fedtalks last month - DOD CIO Terry Halvorsen:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dod.jpg

About halfway through his FedTalks presentation, Halvorsen held up his personal mobile device. �We�re just about ready to tell everybody you can have one of these,� he said. �This is still a Blackberry, still a government-provided device, but now I have personal space on this. I have my personal email, I have personal apps. One device integrated with the personal side of the business. That�s a big thing for us to do because I think it�s an admission that our workforce, both civilian and military � particularly the younger part of our workforce � is demanding different things. We�ve got to accommodate that somewhat.� - See more at: Inside the Halvorsen strategy for DOD information sharing - FedScoop
    12-14-14 06:30 PM
    I would buy one.
    Sorry my good friend but . . .

sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-14-14 06:31 PM
    Off topic:

I've Q10 and every time I tried Passport @ retail store, I wasn't sure I want to buy it. I WANT it but will it work for me? So, I want to know:
    how much learning curve/getting-used-to curve is there for missing 4th row, smaller spacebar, missing shift-alt keys?
    I was away from keyboard for about two years. After blackberry, I used iphone for over a year, LG g3 for a month and Z30 about less than a year.
    It took me one week to get familiar with size. 3 weeks to get comfortable with keyboard. About month and half where I could type subconsciously.
    Got use to the space bar with in first week. Not using much of shif and alt key cause swipe down once and twice on the keyboard works just fine. I didn't notice any big difference for not having 4th row. Although there are times that I wish that I had the old bbos back/options button.
    I did use BlackBerry for about 8 years straight before moved to iphone. I was able to type with out looking at the keyboard. I just about getting there. I don't use word swipe up function. It seems to break my typing flow/thought process.
    I hope it helps.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    12-14-14 06:38 PM
    12-14-14 07:30 PM
    I was away from keyboard for about two years. After blackberry, I used iphone for over a year, LG g3 for a month and Z30 about less than a year.
    It took me one week to get familiar with size. 3 weeks to get comfortable with keyboard. About month and half where I could type subconsciously.
    Got use to the space bar with in first week. Not using much of shif and alt key cause swipe down once and twice on the keyboard works just fine. I didn't notice any big difference for not having 4th row. Although there are times that I wish that I had the old bbos back/options button.
    I did use BlackBerry for about 8 years straight before moved to iphone. I was able to type with out looking at the keyboard. I just about getting there. I don't use word swipe up function. It seems to break my typing flow/thought process.
    I hope it helps.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    I had the exact same experience. A few moments of unsurity. Now it's pretty much perfect.

Try it out for a few weeks Chrysaurora, you have thirty days to change your mind.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 07:32 PM

That classic does look good!

Posted using my Z10 or BlackBerry passport.
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    12-14-14 08:02 PM
113,256 ... 30303031303230333034 ...