View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT and related, Xiaomi sales in India has been banned due to patent issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 08:49 AM
    Chasing down some old news with the morning coffee and came across this from months ago, yet new to me:

Glad to see the coffee did you some good.

Thanks!

Hon Hai Precision confirms plan for US$1 billion investment in Indonesia - The China Post
    W Hoa likes this.
    12-13-14 08:52 AM
    12-13-14 09:15 AM
    Anyone know when 10.3.1 is going to be released.

I think the difference between this and 10.2.1 is noticeable and should also help to shift handsets.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-13-14 09:39 AM
    12-13-14 10:27 AM
    Anyone know when 10.3.1 is going to be released.

I think the difference between this and 10.2.1 is noticeable and should also help to shift handsets.

Posted via CB10
    IIRC 10.3.1 release a couple of months after Classic release.
    12-13-14 11:04 AM
    IIRC 10.3.1 release a couple of months after Classic release.
    Thank god. I can't wait. 10.2.1 is nice and all but I want 10.3

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    12-13-14 11:25 AM

Try a leak. It's easy. Lots of help around. If interested PM me and I'll help you.
    morganplus8 and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-13-14 11:29 AM

BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 Going Official in 2015 | N4BB
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    12-13-14 11:31 AM
    Having a look at some of the 'enterprise' apps that the collaboration of Apple and IBM have created I can now clearly see why the news pushed BBRY shares down by nearly 20%.

Apple, IBM Unveil First 10 Enterprise Apps
    By Teresa Rivas
    In mid-July Apple (AAPL) and International Business Machines (IBM) announced a collaboration centered on business applications for iPads and iPhones.

Nearly half a year later the two firms are touting the results of that partnership, introducing the first wave of 10 MobileFirst apps for Apple’s iOS. According to the press release, the apps are now available “to enterprise customers in banking, retail, insurance, financial services, telecommunications and for governments and airlines.”

For example, the Passenger + app allows flight attendants to rebook passengers midflight to avoid missed connections while pilots can make calls about how much fuel to carry via their iPads. The Expert Tech app, on the other hand, is designed to aid telecom field technicians plot and carry out service appointments more efficiently.
    Tech Trader Daily
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-13-14 11:34 AM
    Having a look at some of the 'enterprise' apps that the collaboration of Apple and IBM have created I can now clearly see why the news pushed BBRY shares down by nearly 20%.

Tech Trader Daily
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-13-14 11:54 AM
    Taking the Bull by the Horns!

Lead, follow or get out of the way!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chenwithbull_edit2.jpg
    12-13-14 11:56 AM
    OT: Santa came early. LoL

(Actually I support PBS KCTS 9 and got this gift for donating $216 USD)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141213_133753.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141213_133806.jpg
    12-13-14 12:02 PM
    It really looks like the shorts are driving to push it down hard before earnings. Any thoughts? Do they just not want this thing breaking resistance and going past 12?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 12:14 PM
    Chasing down some old news with the morning coffee and came across this from months ago, yet new to me:

Hon Hai Precision confirms plan for US$1 billion investment in Indonesia - The China Post
    No matter how efficient you are as a "manufacturer" they, like BlackBerry, realize that there is a greater profit margin in providing IT "services" or software.
    12-13-14 12:19 PM
    No matter how efficient you are as a "manufacturer" they, like BlackBerry, realize that there is a greater profit margin in providing IT "services" or software.
    Services equal recurring revenue, which will drive up the share price. The other side of it is, as someone wrote, 'there are few things more important than recurring revenue for a business owner who is prepping to sell a company.'
    12-13-14 12:50 PM
    Red Passport sold out! I wonder if they will keep the limited edition promise on the red passport?
    Andy_bb_king and bungaboy like this.
    12-13-14 01:22 PM
    Weekend reading material, about sensors and smartphone.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/sp...food-goes-bad/

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    12-13-14 02:47 PM
    [QUOTE=bungaboy;11159182]Taking the Bull by the Horns!

Lead, follow or get out of the way!

I'm using it as my wallpaper now !!!!

Z10 catch and release !!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-13-14 04:32 PM
    Reading material on IOT/ION

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...l-grow-2014-10

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    12-13-14 04:49 PM
    I don't understand one thing.

Shorts are in to make money. They make money if BBRY starts to go towards $ ZERO. But stock has been pretty much stagnant for a while. It's neither going down to zero nor shooting for the stars. It flutters every now and then but then settles down to same ol levels. So, why wouldn't shorts just exit the trade?

Do they have BALLS of steel (like us longs) too?! Wouldn't they get bored of this trade where their money has been stuck, take it out and invest it elsewhere?

I personally believe, even newbies (like myself) know the basic - buy low, sell high. But shorting is somewhat counterintutive and therefore short traders must have atleast some base line level of investment savyiness or experience. I mean, even a rookie can play long trades but playing short trades require more knowledge/experience.

So, if shorts are more experienced/savyier than rookie/newbie longs, why won't they just exit and take their money to another trade that is not so stagnant and has higher chance of bringing them favorable returns on investment? What's keeping them glued to BBRY stock?
    Reed Richards, Mr BBRY and lech31 like this.
    12-13-14 05:24 PM
    I've been short oil for a while now and I still have half my position...right now I am also short the S&P 500 and gold with smaller positions. I'd say the shorts on BBRY are all insane if they weren't some of the biggest hedge funds supported by Wall Street. I suspect at some point Chen is going to blow them all sky high, but the right moment is needed. For now, it means that those who have been targets of hedge funds before are now partners, including Prem Watsa and Patrick Soon Shiong.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-13-14 05:43 PM
    Hi all,

Here is a snippet of the CIBC Fiscal Preview Q3 report. Maybe you can offer your feedback on it.

BlackBerry Limited Fiscal Q3 Preview

"
    What's The Event

Blackberry is set to report FQ3 results on December 19 before the market open. The conference call is scheduled for 8:00 am ET and the dial-in number is 1-888-503-8168.
    For FQ3, we forecast sales of $896M (cons. $932M) and EPS of -$0.10 (cons. -$0.05). For FQ4, we forecast sales of $870M (cons. $931M) and flat EPS (cons. -$0.06).
    Our FQ3 service revenue forecast of $370M is down 13% Q/Q. Blackberry signaled that the expected decline rate should be ~17% a quarter next year. Software sales from BES12 won't be material.
    We forecast shipments of 1.6M vs. 2.1M LQ. While it's true FQ3 will benefit from the Passport launch (200K), it will be offset by sales declines in the aging BB7 and Z30 devices, which are falling quickly.
    Cash flow should approach break-even. Lower costs are coming from end-of-life IP fixed payments that will raise adjusted gross margins and lower OpEx. This is one quarter prior to the CEO's objective and a positive catalyst for a trading call around Q3.

Implications

In our view, Blackberry's share price will rise and work as a trade heading towards the FQ3 report. As for Blackberry's turnaround, it still has a ways to go. At this point, it is far too early to determine if this plan (software for service) can be successful. For that reason, we reiterate our SU rating and price target of $6.25.
    The services to software gap: For F2016, we forecast Blackberry will lose roughly $650M in high-margin services revenue. This compares to only ~$230 million in software Enterprise Device Management (EDM) sales and support.
    By February, these initially free licenses will start to pay annual BES12 license and support fees ranging from $20 to $60. To achieve a doubling of software sales in F2016, 6M BES12 EDM licenses paying an average annual fee of $30 is required. A catalyst to change our target is meaningful enterprise non-Blackberry EDM conversions. Exhibit 3 outlines a Blackberry valuation scenario with F2016 software targets.

Price Target Calculation

We rate Blackberry (BBRY�NASDAQ) a Sector Underperformer with a price target of $6.25. Our primary valuation is based on book value. Blackberry�s last reported book value was $6.59.
    On a P/E basis, based on a P/E of 15x F2017 EPS of $0.12 plus net cash of $3 per share, we would get $5. Peers also trade at 15x.
    A revision to our current view would be positive data points supporting Blackberry�s new focus on the enterprise, including examples of companies paying for its mobile device management of Blackberry, iOS and Androids, mobile security and more broadly the M2M market.
    We need to see a viable path to a stabilization of service revenue. Our view is it will take time and clear evidence that this has happened to bring back a broader group of investors, other than very deep value investors, to Blackberry.

Key Risks To Price Target

Subscribers and/or shipments move up with proposed changes to the business strategy. Our expectations are that subscribers continue to decline at roughly 10% a quarter. By Q4 F2015, Blackberry hopes to reach break-even cash flow. If this timing were to change, this could be a risk to our target.
    Buyers Arise. While we do not believe a sale is likely at this point, if a buyer were to show interest, we would return to our sum-of the parts analysis. This would yield a price higher than our price target and is a risk to our Sector Underperformer thesis.
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-13-14 06:15 PM
    All eyes will be on revenue, and of course revenue guidance.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-13-14 06:27 PM
    Hi all,

Here is a snippet of the CIBC Fiscal Preview Q3 report. Maybe you can offer your feedback on it.

BlackBerry Limited Fiscal Q3 Preview
    lol @ 1.6million handsets. They sold that many in November with the firesale and Passport frenzy.
    LOL @ 200k Passports. Those were sold before launch.
    lmao @ 6 million BES12 licenses not being achievable. We'll see more EZ-Pass sign-ups than that with (my guess) 70% conversion rate. The trial might be free, but the downtime and learning curve is not free. These trials want to use BES12 and won't back out unless they really don't like it.
    lol @ 10% user base decline. Many indicators show growing market share. You would need to grow user base just to keep pace with expanding market share.

I can't wait for Friday.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 06:39 PM
113,256 ... 30283029303030313032 ...