Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    12-12-14 11:52 AM
    Massive OT ALERT !!!

We do a huge amount of research on BBRY, we buy early, and we wait, when its time comes, you and I will be amazed at how high it can go! It won't make any sense at all by any analytical benchmark.
    nice but how much longer are we talking about? My BBRY options $15 expire Jan 2016. Is that long enough patience? I have been patient since Sep 2012 already!

Jan 2014 options already expired worthless

Hoping another year of patience would pay off and compensate for last year's losses.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 12:01 PM
    Yes! Multiple attachments!!, stickers in group chats!

Good improvements for iOS as well. UI design is one of the most complained about things.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-12-14 12:09 PM
    OT

Morgan do you think we'll see another HALO dip? I'm considering placing a buy order at $7.80 a share

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Hi helopilot06 !!

All I can tell you is what I do when it comes time to make an investment or trade. The first thing I do is make certain the sell-off in the general market will be short lived. So I watch the DOW base out here, know that it is ripe for a rally (seasonal rally just around the corner), .... know that I want to own a particular stock and go for 50% of it right away. I would pay something close to $ 8.00 for HALO and $ 10.05/shr for BBRY right now. I know that BBRY has a possible H&S in front of it today but my goal is to own the stock going forward. So I don't want to wait for the beginning of a bad trade to start before I buy it. I see support at $ 10.00 for BBRY and support for HALO near $ 8.00 so I'll buy 50% right now. The rest of the purchase will be a wait and see what happens situation or I sell naked puts against the stock to at least protect my initial investment.

Timing is difficult and if all of us could time the market perfectly we would all be rich. My goal is to do my research, know I want that investment and then enter it now. The upside for HALO far out-shines the limited downside here, they are trying to announce a partnership before the end of this month, (that's two weeks to go) and they are providing the final Phase IB data on their PC drug combo on Jan 12th of the New Year and that's when we first hear how long Pancreatic Cancer patients lived on their formula, if they lived + 200 or more days, that stock will soar. It appears as though the final 50% of patients might have lived much longer, thus the best treatment in the world for one of the worst diseases. So to me, I need that stock today.

As for BBRY, it has to hold $ 10.00/shr knowing the general market is sick, we all know by now that below $ 10.00/shr lay a large number of sell-stops for those who want out of a long position on a TA basis. And so we wait and watch the stock trade between a breakout above the 50-dma and a TA break-down below $ 10.00/shr. Today we rallied to the 50-dma and technically sold off back to support as is expected. The sell-off was on zero volume and expected, so now we wait to see if the general market helps the bears or whether we pop into the close here. I see that right shoulder as stretching out too long to be a serious H&S here, I could be wrong but I feel I can buy 50% of my position and sell some naked puts for the rest.

In summary, if you believe that HALO can hit $ 24.00/shr in 2015 a few pennies don't matter. If I can buy BBRY at support and get more if it drops below $ 10.00 and own the other 50% at $ 9.25/shr (selling those puts lets me own the stock much lower), I'm okay with that plan.

Hope this helps!!
    12-12-14 12:19 PM
    OT
    New updated CB app in BlackBerry world

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY and plasmid_boy like this.
    12-12-14 12:24 PM
    Hi helopilot06 !!

All I can tell you is what I do when it comes time to make an investment or trade. The first thing I do is make certain the sell-off in the general market will be short lived. So I watch the DOW base out here, know that it is ripe for a rally (seasonal rally just around the corner), .... know that I want to own a particular stock and go for 50% of it right away. I would pay something close to $ 8.00 for HALO and $ 10.05/shr for BBRY right now. I know that BBRY has a possible H&S in front of it today but my goal is to own the stock going forward. So I don't want to wait for the beginning of a bad trade to start before I buy it. I see support at $ 10.00 for BBRY and support for HALO near $ 8.00 so I'll buy 50% right now. The rest of the purchase will be a wait and see what happens situation or I sell naked puts against the stock to at least protect my initial investment.

Timing is difficult and if all of us could time the market perfectly we would all be rich. My goal is to do my research, know I want that investment and then enter it now. The upside for HALO far out-shines the limited downside here, they are trying to announce a partnership before the end of this month, (that's two weeks to go) and they are providing the final Phase IB data on their PC drug combo on Jan 12th of the New Year and that's when we first hear how long Pancreatic Cancer patients lived on their formula, if they lived + 200 or more days, that stock will soar. It appears as though the final 50% of patients might have lived much longer, thus the best treatment in the world for one of the worst diseases. So to me, I need that stock today.

As for BBRY, it has to hold $ 10.00/shr knowing the general market is sick, we all know by now that below $ 10.00/shr lay a large number of sell-stops for those who want out of a long position on a TA basis. And so we wait and watch the stock trade between a breakout above the 50-dma and a TA break-down below $ 10.00/shr. Today we rallied to the 50-dma and technically sold off back to support as is expected. The sell-off was on zero volume and expected, so now we wait to see if the general market helps the bears or whether we pop into the close here. I see that right shoulder as stretching out too long to be a serious H&S here, I could be wrong but I feel I can buy 50% of my position and sell some naked puts for the rest.

In summary, if you believe that HALO can hit $ 24.00/shr in 2015 a few pennies don't matter. If I can buy BBRY at support and get more if it drops below $ 10.00 and own the other 50% at $ 9.25/shr (selling those puts lets me own the stock much lower), I'm okay with that plan.

Hope this helps!!
    Thank you great advice! I've been watching HALO Since we started talking about it on here but never felt like it was the right time for me to buy in. Now I have the spare capitol waiting to be used and feel the price point is good for me to enter. I missed the big dip today on it, playing with my son always comes first lol, so I do believe that your trading strategy fits my overall end game goals here. Thanks for the tips as always!

morganplus8, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-12-14 12:27 PM
    nice but how much longer are we talking about? My BBRY options $15 expire Jan 2016. Is that long enough patience? I have been patient since Sep 2012 already!

Jan 2014 options already expired worthless

Hoping another year of patience would pay off and compensate for last year's losses.

Posted via CB10
    Hey chrysaurora,

Please don't take this the wrong way, and, I don't have your numbers for the previous trade, but, I would have to believe that you held a very nice profit in those original options back when the stock hit it's 52-week high of $ 18.32/shr/US. I'm not a fan of purchasing options as they rarely work out for me, I would rather sell options to others and keep their money. And so to me, and just so you know where I'm coming from, options aren't a good way to deal with the vulgarities of this kind of market. Let's let the past not cloud the present here, at this point, I see a very nice rally in BBRY coming soon. I expect us to run the stock price into strong resistance in the area just below $ 14.00/shr, so that is when you should be looking at your investment again and timing an exit because they are call options. I expect the stock to base out and work off that resistance level before moving higher. I can't see beyond that challenge though, on a limited time basis, it could occur in a couple of months or over many months. The stock will perform according to the expected or consensus based EPS going forward. If there is a growth driver like handsets of enterprise uptake, the stock could run to $ 25.00 quickly. I don't know today how their platform will accelerate, it's just too soon to know the uptake and plan for higher stock prices. This upcoming Q3 report is a big one in my mind and the most important bit of news to come along in years.

I know I didn't give you much to feel good about here but options are a problem for me, I love the leverage but every time I see 40% annualized premiums in calls I want to sell them to others and not buy them for myself. Having said all of that, let's get back together when those Q3 numbers drop!
    12-12-14 12:43 PM
    Thanks Spiller. The fun of the thread is to meet (digitally of course) others and express our view and opinions on the share price and Blackberry as a whole which influences the SP. Nobody has a crystal ball, but after a while you can remember the systematic movements of the SP. There are 4 on here that post charts I listen to and look at their charts for recommendations (not advice). Everyone has their own reasons for investing and for being here on this thread, but as for me I'm a believer in the future Blackberry where it's all about the software and not the device. My opinion is Blackberry is a software corporation that has some cool devices and the others are phone companies with some software. I feel the whole process is somewhere in the middle right now and more of a transition to that eventual end. Just my view. That being said, I'm a long term investor here with Blackberry. I don't concern myself with day to day media and the fluctuating SP because I know the future is positive. Others have different views and are very concerned with the day to day fluctuating SP. You should find where you are at the moment (things change) and go forward with a positive outlook based on your decision. Thanks for all your input and being a valuable asset here. Things should be getting really interesting soon.

Sent using my Q10!
    I know where I am, no doubt there. By far my biggest holding, and that's something I'm comfortable with.

'Where am I' is always looking to buy on the dips while this appears to have a lot of room to go UP. I am not trading it. What I have I am holding. And I'm adding more at opportune times. When we get to $25 then I will look at the state of the business and see how I want to reposition.

So....while I again look to buy on the dips here around $10....I'll add some today, and again on Monday/Tuesday.
    12-12-14 01:13 PM
    FWIW, +$0.25 in 1yTE at Nasdaq.
    Let's take it as (nothing more than) a positive signal

Attachment 320341
    Don't the bears usually slightly upgrade their forecast into earnings, then if the ER misses the 'updated' forecast, they try to sell off the stock? (Although the numbers would have beat based on forecasts a few weeks before the ER)
    12-12-14 01:28 PM
    From the Related Techologies files:
    Best 10 smartphones at the close of 2014 | ZDNet

A former Android and being Marketing adverse I have never been attracted to iPhone, my personal criteria mainly centered towards technology and innovation and I try to understand other positions. From the attached article the underlying of words are mine, trying to understanding the selection process for positioning of Best Phones:
    "The elegant iPhone hardware design, industry-leading app store, vast accessory market, and consistent user experience make the iPhone the top choice. I've discovered that the camera is also tough to beat, both in terms of quality and usability."
    "The BlackBerry Passport has specifications that beat nearly every smartphone today and comes in a unique form factor that is optimized for productivity.. ...there are very few missing apps thanks to support for Android... If unified communications is important to you, then it will be tough to beat the awesome BlackBerry Hub."
    To each his own but optimizing the practical, productivity and costs being among my personal objectives, my choice will continue to remain the same. Yes I love my Passport.
    Last edited by rarsen; 12-12-14 at 01:48 PM. Reason: grammer
    12-12-14 01:35 PM
    "We are coming for our competitors" is the BlackBerry's warning

http://paulwallbank.com/2014/12/12/b...phone-markets/

"We're coming after them. We have targets painted on each of those companies and as we execute our enterprise strategy we're coming after them. If I was them I'd be feeling the breathing on the back of the neck."

Love it!

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    And note that the passport shortages are supply chain related, not demand related.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 01:36 PM
    So with all of this assumed market manipulation, nobody believes that someone might have a hint of the upcoming earnings causing a slight selloff?
    12-12-14 01:36 PM
    12-12-14 01:44 PM
    So with all of this assumed market manipulation, nobody believes that someone might have a hint of the upcoming earnings causing a slight selloff?
    Ya, that could be it. Probably a worse than expected quarter and insiders are selling.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 01:46 PM
    I think somebody mentioned this yesterday.....they probably are burning cash to get it low enough so if/when the ER beats it can pop 10% and hit resistance .... if they didn't drive it lower resistance levels would be much higher and maybe cause a squeeze
    12-12-14 01:53 PM
    When have the numbers ever mattered? The longs buy on a 5-year horizon and the shorts/media are trading the stock on a daily basis. The numbers are just part of the confirmation game to justify weaker pricing right now. I trust that Chen is holding those numbers close to him, I see us getting a great deal more out of those numbers than a short ever will. The only thing they fear are hard numbers that show growth, anything less than that is a good bearish trade. We'll know soon enough but I would think that even a "beat" will be looked down upon by "certain" shorts/media. LOL
    jxnb, Corbu, plasmid_boy and 7 others like this.
    12-12-14 01:56 PM
    I think Blair tried to come up with a number.

But I think last ER they could only account for 2.1M of 2.5M sales due to the necessary accounting to make up for some of the written off inventory (if I have that right).

This quarter that make up in accounting should already be done, so if they sold 2.5M devices to end users, they are pulling in full revenue for those sales. So assume 2.5M sales and same distribution of models in those sales hardware rev would increase 20% from last Q.

Do I have that right or completely wrong?

Then add in Passport sales at very high margins. They are selling a lot through Amazon and Shopblackberry. I'm not sure their deal with digital river, but I think that is mostly an eCommerce server to sell and distribute their product. Margins should be much higher through those sales outlets than Carrier stores/distribution? So not only will these $599 USD devices be in those numbers (I'll guess 2.5M for Q3 with 500K passports), but vs last quarter hardware revenue should be higher? margins higher? unless these numbers are countered with the black friday blowouts (lower revs / lower margins).

Even then assume passport high margins/rev countered with black friday blow out lower rev / lower margins is called a wash.

I still see 20% higher hardware rev QoQ. Service revenue is decreasing 30M / qtr? This should more than be offset by hardware rev.

Appreciate someone to audit my numbers and assumptions
    12-12-14 02:01 PM
    I think somebody mentioned this yesterday.....they probably are burning cash to get it low enough so if/when the ER beats it can pop 10% and hit resistance .... if they didn't drive it lower resistance levels would be much higher and maybe cause a squeeze
    I watched the breakdown and it took them 1,000,000 shares to take it below $ 10.00 and there were no sell-stops hit down to $ 9.90/shr and the volume stopped in its tracks. So now what do you do? You are short the stock, the TA drop amounted to nothing and you have news coming in the days ahead. Let's see how the volume goes and the closing price.
    12-12-14 02:03 PM
    Watching as well at this total manipulation by shorts. It is amazing imo. Thanks for your input Morgan.
    lech31, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-12-14 02:09 PM
    I watched the breakdown and it took them 1,000,000 shares to take it below $ 10.00 and there were no sell-stops hit down to $ 9.90/shr and the volume stopped in its tracks. So now what do you do?
    What I did was I added more shares. I have to log out of my trading account now, made 3 purchases today already. LOL
    12-12-14 02:13 PM
    At M+8, please don't mention ACAD again, it's to painful to look back (time frame 2 1/2 years ago ) .

We can mark this week in the books for charts to look back at the sell off. Hey Morgan, I have been keeping my eyes on BHP, it's almost half the valuation it was in the summer time. What's your take on it?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 02:26 PM
    Added more BBRY and started HALO at 8$ even.

12-12-14 02:29 PM
    THE pro NSA and anti freedom and democracy shorts are at it again. It's these criminal shorts that will make investor leave the criminal US markets . BlackBerry should just off the criminal US exchange.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 02:30 PM
    I hope the shorts burn for this

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 02:37 PM
    Oppenheimer apparently believes next year will be a transition year again and has caused us to drop even further today... yay

12-12-14 02:38 PM
113,256 ... 30253026302730283029 ...