View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The Group that owns Idea cellular is a very large and powerful group. The group it self can be a large customer.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Corbu, lech31, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    12-12-14 07:45 AM
    Interesting, that last paragraph about Movirtu. They're already looking at offering it! I think that will be a huge seller.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 07:53 AM
    "We are coming for our competitors" is the BlackBerry's warning

http://paulwallbank.com/2014/12/12/b...phone-markets/

"We're coming after them. We have targets painted on each of those companies and as we execute our enterprise strategy we're coming after them. If I was them I'd be feeling the breathing on the back of the neck."

Love it!

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    12-12-14 09:17 AM

http://paulwallbank.com/2014/12/12/b...phone-markets/

"We're coming after them. We have targets painted on each of those companies and as we execute our enterprise strategy we're coming after them. If I was them I'd be feeling the breathing on the back of the neck."

Love it!

Quote of the century.

?A year ago BlackBerry was defensive. We?re not defensive any more. People like Airwatch, Mobile Iron or Good should thank us that we were asleep at the wheel a few years ago and that allowed them to build their companies. That party?s over.?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 09:38 AM
    A year ago BlackBerry was defensive. We?re not defensive any more. People like Airwatch, Mobile Iron or Good should thank us that we were asleep at the wheel a few years ago and that allowed them to build their companies. That party?s over.?
    So should MobileNations launch a new website called MDMCentral to facilitate interest in mobile device management? I don't quite understand how the Crackberry community benefits Blackberry is focused on service providers first and hardware/platform a distant second. They aren't talking about competing with Apple, Google, or Microsoft, anymore?
    12-12-14 09:53 AM

BlackBerry pins its hope on lost users | Decoding the new economy

Love it!
    Excellent find, wojciechp. Thank you. If you don't mind, I think this one is worth quoting in extenso:

Painting a target on the competition

�We�re coming for our competitors� is the warning BlackBerry�s President of Global Enterprise Services, John Sims has for the marketplace in an interview last month.

Sims laid out how BlackBerry�s future lies in managing big data, providing collaboration tools and securing the internet of things. In the short term however, the company needs emerging markets to keep its mobile handset market going.

In an interview last month on Australia�s Gold Coast at the Gartner Symposium, Sims laid out some of BlackBerry�s vision of the company�s future.

Securing the endpoints

The key product is the BlackBerry Enterprise Services which Sims sees as providing the endpoint security for corporate mobile devices and for the internet of things, something that ties into the company�s QNX investment.

For the moment though its handsets are a key part of the company�s immediate future and Sims sees the latent demand from lapsed BlackBerry as essential to success, �there are tens of millions of BlackBerry users who are still sitting on their old handsets.�

�The classic, when it comes along is targeted at that market. We know people are waiting When we went from the Gold to the Q10, too much changed.�

�You had to go from the BBOS to the BlackBerry 10 and that�s a big change, we changed the keyboard, we took away shortcuts and we changed too much at the same time. With the Classic we�re almost doing a retrofit.�

With the recently released Passport smartphone, Sims says the company is struggling to keep up with demand, �The Passport has done well,� he said. �The problem with it is us, not demand. It�s a supply issue not a demand issue.�

A week after that interview, BlackBerry announced the company would give Canadian buyers of the Passport subsidies of $600. How that ties into the narrative of a popular device isn�t quite clear.

Sims hopes the release of the Classic won�t suffer from supply problems, �we think is going to be more popular so we can be sure when it comes out we�ll be able to get that into the market in sufficient quantities to meet demand.

Discovering emerging markets

The other hope for BlackBerry�s handset business lies in developing markets, �Latin America is very important,� Sims says. �India�s very important and then there are number of important South East Asian markets.�

Part of that emerging market strategy is tied into selling mid priced smartphones into the market, Sims says. �People will say �the Z3 is a low end device�, if you go visit Indonesia the Z3 is not a low end device. It�s a middle market device.�

�Xiaomi is doing the low end devices at less than a hundred bucks and we�re doing a device at around $170. So we�re focused on the middle market, people who are professionals or aspiring professionals.�

�With those people in those markets we want to establish the BlackBerry brand as something they are comfortable with,� says Sims in outlining how he sees getting the handsets into business people as being the driver for the company�s other services and products.

Struggling with China

China remains an enigma for BlackBerry however, �in the last couple of years we haven�t focused on China, it�s a huge market and it�s hard for external parties to be successful on their own. Local partnerships are important.�

�John Chen (BlackBerry�s CEO) was recently in China and met with some of the local partners to talk about the possibilities of the future. It�s very preliminary and there�s nothing of any substance there yet but it is on our horizon that we�ve got to have something in the China Market.�

We�re coming for you

Despite the struggles BlackBerry has with its handset business, Sims is defiant about the company�s position in the endpoint security market.

�Ultimately it becomes a question of scale, we�ve got scale because we have a global network. None of the other EMM vendors � Good, Mobile Iron or Airwatch � none of them have the Big Data requirements that we have.�

�A year ago BlackBerry was defensive. We�re not defensive any more. People like Airwatch, Mobile Iron or Good should thank us that we were asleep at the wheel a few years ago and that allowed them to build their companies. That party�s over.�

�We�re coming after them. We have targets painted on each of those companies and as we execute our enterprise strategy we�re coming after them. If I was them I�d be feeling the breathing on the back of the neck.�

For BlackBerry the future lies in security services and the internet of things, though for the short term the company�s cash flow and market position depends upon sales of its handsets.

As the interview with John Sims shows, the company�s success depends upon a few key assumptions coming true; that�s a high risk market.
    12-12-14 09:54 AM
    I agree about the device with no camera. Can't forget about those organizations that rely on that option. Speaking of which, those agencies within the DoD are getting more options than ever before. These are exciting times for us in the DoD, that's for sure.

Sent using my Q10!
    You don't need that with fully managed devices under BES.
    One admin click and your camera won't work, at all.
    12-12-14 09:58 AM
    I thought I would throw up another chart showing the last two months trading and this weeks' forming of what might be a H&S:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-dec-12-2014.png

This is a very simple chart that shows us a downtrend line from the recent high to where we are today. As volume declines we have worked our way to either side of the 50-dma. The trending line that I use for short-term movement in a stock is its 3-ema and it is currently at $ 10.20 or slightly below the 50-dma. And so we are capped just below this price range and $ 10.00 is support here. Now, in the past hour, the DOW has dropped from - 65 pts to - 135 pts and the stock has bounced off its $ 10.00 support and run to resistance at the 3-ema. There is a battle brewing here, and I'm not convinced that we are about to sell-off and start a new leg down this far apart from the Q3 drivers. Today is an important day, the close is important because the support has to hold while oil and the general market, not to mention currencies are getting their heads handed to them. The drop in oil is not healthy for the stock market when it occurs this quickly. So far, oil is not affecting the price of Gold, but if you see Gold start to lose ground, the market will see other investments give up their gains to support losses.

Against this back drop, BBRY isn't performing bad at all in here. Today's close is an important one relative to the markets as a whole. I personally see a number of stocks showing weakness on extremely light volume and that is a relative strength positive when this market finally bottoms out, BBRY looks like that case too. Makes me think we are seeing a false chart pattern in the making here.
    12-12-14 09:58 AM
    Excellent find, wojciechp. Thank you. If you don't mind, I think this one is worth quoting in extenso:
    Agreed Corbu! It was real fun to read this one. It's nice to see BlackBerry holding their head high and not being afraid to speak out a lot stronger than they have in the past. Props to Mr. Sims!

Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    12-12-14 10:06 AM
    OT: Where's there's smoke . . .

Canada's Competition Bureau probing Apple carrier deals

Canada's Competition Bureau probing Apple carrier deals - The Globe and Mail
    There have been mega corps have gone through similar checks in the past, and nothing done to them. I'm thinking of the DOJ against Microsoft, in the US.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    12-12-14 10:15 AM
    FWIW, +$0.25 in 1yTE at Nasdaq.
    Let's take it as (nothing more than) a positive signal

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    12-12-14 10:24 AM
    Slightly OT.
    QNX (not mentionned) praised in Audi RS6 MMI system.
    Even if you don't understand French you'll see many gorgeous screens (startt around 2:45).
    Essai Audi RS6 : un mariage r�ussi entre muscles et technos (vid�o)
    rarsen, Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    12-12-14 10:31 AM
    ot:
    anyone still holding onto HALO? i'm considering cutting my losses now as the stock just seems to be dead, I thought the $9 will hold but kept on falling even after that tried following the charts to get a good exit on trade but its hard to even see it bouncing back now even with all the other Bio and IBB up on records. Sorry just frustrated
    12-12-14 10:32 AM
    ot:
    anyone still holding onto HALO? i'm considering cutting my losses now as the stock just seems to be dead, I thought the $9 will hold but kept on falling even after that tried following the charts to get a good exit on trade but its hard to even see it bouncing back now even with all the other Bio and IBB up on records. Sorry just frustrated
    Absolutely, I bought a bunch more.
    12-12-14 10:35 AM
    HALO is now my largest holding, I'm adding to my position as well down here. Management bought above us and they have set their stock options above us, they have fast tracking from the FDA now, a fantastic year so far, and, they stated that a deal with a large pharma may close before the end of this year. I'm not sure what else an investor needs at this point. The same guys, the Baker Brothers, hold this one as well as ACAD and TGTX and have a look at those if you need a refresher in what can happen to biotech stocks. Best of luck to you!
    12-12-14 10:45 AM
    This makes me sad. It seems so hard to believe that not too long ago we were over $12 a share with good news strong support and successful product releases.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141212_114121.png

I understand that the markets will fluctuate and when the market as a whole is diving most stocks will follow. But I have to wonder if there was not more that BlackBerry could do to protect their share holders interests in this volatile time.

I do believe that we will see a beat on our ER on the 19th. If not a very solid performance right at expectations, either of which I expect to bode well for our SP as most seem to want this company to fail. Just pains me to see it get tooled over so badly when the company is in fact doing very well currently and sitting in a position to do even better than expected.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    12-12-14 10:48 AM
    Ot m+8: Blrx
    12-12-14 10:49 AM
    This is another stock which has shorts pressure as BlackBerry. I would add here too.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-12-14 10:49 AM
    On an OT side note. I've been waiting and do believe I will add HALO To my portfolio today to add some depth. It's on a nice low here with in my budget and expect the coming months to be pretty exciting

12-12-14 10:55 AM
    Thanks morgan, I actually just checked up on Baker Bros holdings as of 9/30/2014 and they still seem to be holding it, I read somewhere that they sold off their position awhile back. Hopefully we hear news soon on both these jewels BBRY and HALO by end of year! looking at TGTX I missed the second rally loll this is what I get for sleeping in -_-

HALO is now my largest holding, I'm adding to my position as well down here. Management bought above us and they have set their stock options above us, they have fast tracking from the FDA now, a fantastic year so far, and, they stated that a deal with a large pharma may close before the end of this year. I'm not sure what else an investor needs at this point. The same guys, the Baker Brothers, hold this one as well as ACAD and TGTX and have a look at those if you need a refresher in what can happen to biotech stocks. Best of luck to you!
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-12-14 11:03 AM
    Thanks morgan, I actually just checked up on Baker Bros holdings as of 9/30/2014 and they still seem to be holding it, I read somewhere that they sold off their position awhile back. Hopefully we hear news soon on both these jewels BBRY and HALO by end of year! looking at TGTX I missed the second rally loll this is what I get for sleeping in -_-
    Massive OT ALERT !!!

slipstream89 !!

Ha! I hear you! I have missed out on some huge plays too. The one thing I hate about HALO, the only one thing, is, the price of the stock. This one should be trading sideways at $ 14.00 - $ 16.00 but there is a 20 MM share short position in it, one that is clearly holding it back. The market is a strange animal, it awards small numbers of stocks for far too long before it moves onto the next play. Our job is to study the company when no one wants it and be ready for that big cycle to come. We do a huge amount of research on BBRY, we buy early, and we wait, when its time comes, you and I will be amazed at how high it can go! It won't make any sense at all by any analytical benchmark. Have a look at TGTX, it is on a run with a chart pattern you can only dream of. The same thing happened to ACAD, I bought a large block of that one for around $ 1.00 and waited. Today, with my wife owning 25,000 shares at $ .71/shr, I never lose sleep at night thinking she is taking out a big insurance policy on me and feeding me poison! LOL That girl is rich and believes I'll do it again for her so I feel like I'm safe for now. (She watches too many of those murder shows for my comfort, just sayin').

When you hit a winner, there is only one problem you have before you, that is to figure out how crazy high the stock can be over-valued before you HAVE to get out. That's a nice problem to have my friend. HALO and BBRY, and, many others are que'd for a run, you just have to be patient and wait your turn. HALO is no different than ACAD or TGTX but its time is not here yet. Let the Baker Bros finish what they started and move to the next play.
    12-12-14 11:20 AM
    So should MobileNations launch a new website called MDMCentral to facilitate interest in mobile device management? I don't quite understand how the Crackberry community benefits Blackberry is focused on service providers first and hardware/platform a distant second. They aren't talking about competing with Apple, Google, or Microsoft, anymore?
    It's not just BlackBerry, the entire smartPHONE industry is going to become a minor thing; it's already happening. As low end Androids and Chinese manufacturers flood the market, the only manufacturer that is getting away with charging a premium is Apple (but that won't last). BlackBerry lost that game (and the billions that came from it).

In a few years, smartphones will be commoditised like cars, where everyone buys an economical carbon copy that gets the job done (Civic, Camry, etc). There will be a few premium manufacturers (Blackberry/Porsche, Vertu, maybe a few Samsung, LGs) for enthusiasts and wealthy folks (BMW, Ferrari, Bugatti).

BlackBerry and many others are betting on the future that arises from all of our machines having the capabilites of our phones, and the phone just being an access point. In this future, the money and notoriety will be the network that connects the devices securely!! and collects/processes data very rapidly to create seamless automation.

In this future, Apple, Google and Microsoft will be spending billions to compete with BlackBerry on their homefield.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 11:34 AM
    For the record...
    BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) News Analysis: Credit Suisse Retains Underperform Rating On Blackberry

Credit Suisse Bearish On Blackberry Ltd (BBRY)

Credit Suisse doesn’t see much potential in Blackberry’s Services business and gave the company an Underperform rating with a meager target price of $6

By: MICHEAL KAUFMAN
    Published: Dec 12, 2014 at 11:50 am EST

Yesterday, Credit Suisse Group AG (ADR) (NYSE:CS) analyst Kulbinder Garcha maintained an Underperform rating on BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) with a $6 price target, expressing his lack of faith the Canada-based company’s Services segment.

Mr. Garcha expects Blackberry’s 3QFY15 revenues at $942.6 million – down 21% year-over-year. He foresees gross margins of 40.5%, and a loss per share (LPS) of 10 cents for the quarter. Consensus estimates for revenues and LPS are $960 million and five cents, respectively.

Moreover, Mr. Garcha predicts Blackberry’s 3QFY15 free cash flow (FCF) will be $13.7 million, compared to last quarter’s $74 million.

Credit Suisse’s report said, “We maintain that the accelerating decline of services revenue (~-17% qoq) and the limited visibility of MDM remains the principal risk to the BBRY turnaround. As a result, we reiterate our Underperform rating with a TP of $6."

The firm believes the services platform will be affected by possible headwinds such as:

1) Declining user base.

2) Reduction in average revenue per unit (ARPU).

3) Difficulty in ramping up services, as monetizing “EZ Pass remains difficult in a competitive MDM market environment.”

Commenting on the company’s Hardware business, Mr. Garcha said this segment posted positive figures for the first time in five quarters, which was largely due to an efficient supply chain, emphasis on margins, and improved distribution.
    12-12-14 11:35 AM
    OT

Massive OT ALERT !!!

slipstream89 !!

Ha! I hear you! I have missed out on some huge plays too. The one thing I hate about HALO, the only one thing, is, the price of the stock. This one should be trading sideways at $ 14.00 - $ 16.00 but there is a 20 MM share short position in it, one that is clearly holding it back. The market is a strange animal, it awards small numbers of stocks for far too long before it moves onto the next play. Our job is to study the company when no one wants it and be ready for that big cycle to come. We do a huge amount of research on BBRY, we buy early, and we wait, when its time comes, you and I will be amazed at how high it can go! It won't make any sense at all by any analytical benchmark. Have a look at TGTX, it is on a run with a chart pattern you can only dream of. The same thing happened to ACAD, I bought a large block of that one for around $ 1.00 and waited. Today, with my wife owning 25,000 shares at $ .71/shr, I never lose sleep at night thinking she is taking out a big insurance policy on me and feeding me poison! LOL That girl is rich and believes I'll do it again for her so I feel like I'm safe for now. (She watches too many of those murder shows for my comfort, just sayin').

When you hit a winner, there is only one problem you have before you, that is to figure out how crazy high the stock can be over-valued before you HAVE to get out. That's a nice problem to have my friend. HALO and BBRY, and, many others are que'd for a run, you just have to be patient and wait your turn. HALO is no different than ACAD or TGTX but its time is not here yet. Let the Baker Bros finish what they started and move to the next play.
    Morgan do you think we'll see another HALO dip? I'm considering placing a buy order at $7.80 a share

12-12-14 11:39 AM
    12-12-14 11:43 AM
113,250 ... 30243025302630273028 ...