View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT
    What is up with the BlackBerry app store? Everytime I'm trying to download an app it says an error has occurred processing your request. Starting to frustrate me

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 10:14 AM
    oh oh I can predict a storm in a making
    QUOTE=bbjdog;11153704]OT:

You better look into the rear view mirror, the Toronto Maple Leafs logo is quickly approaching.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-11-14 10:17 AM
    Credit Suisse maintained an Underperform rating on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) with a price target of $6. Analyst Kulbinder Garcha said.

That killed bbry's rally this morning, wall street crooks really hate blackberry.

BlackBerry (BBRY) Underperform Rating Reiterated at Credit Suisse
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-11-14 10:23 AM
    OT
    What is up with the BlackBerry app store? Everytime I'm trying to download an app it says an error has occurred processing your request. Starting to frustrate me

Posted via CB10
    Just tried to download an app, I didn't get any errors. Did you check your settings, like BlackBerry World ID, wi-fi and so on?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 10:26 AM
    (sad) OT.
    OldSkoolVWLover passed away recently.
    He was a pillar here at MoNa and will be highly missed.
    Please join your prayer or thought for his family and soul.

R.I.P, J.

[no thanks/no quote please, 1 like as a candle, if you want]
    update: please follow this link : http://forums.crackberry.com/general...wlover-982414/
    12-11-14 10:26 AM
    Credit Suisse maintained an Underperform rating on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) with a price target of $6. Analyst Kulbinder Garcha said

That pretty much stopped bbry's rally this morning.
    Both Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley hate blackberry that much.
    12-11-14 10:32 AM
    12-11-14 10:33 AM
    This one is pretty good and it is free. Shows up great on passport.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/35677891

Attachment 320060

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Attachment 320066
    I tried this app but still have to figure out how to add my small cap stocks I'm holding long term. For some reason it kept stating not enough information available. It does offer a lot for one app and so far I really like it.

Sent using my Q10!
    sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    12-11-14 10:36 AM
    December 11, 2014 - 11:15 am ET -- UPDATED: 12/11/14 11:52 am ET - adds link, video
    DETROIT -- Ford Motor Co. is dropping the name “MyFord Touch” in an overhaul of the touch-screen infotainment system that sent its quality ratings plummeting in recent years.

The new system, which Ford calls “Sync 3,” uses BlackBerry's in-car operating system, QNX, instead of the Microsoft technology that has underpinned Sync since its introduction in 2007.

Sync 3 will be available starting in the 2016 model year and offered throughout the full Ford and Lincoln lineups by the end of the 2016 calendar year, Ford said today.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...f-infotainment
    12-11-14 11:07 AM
    December 11, 2014 - 11:15 am ET -- UPDATED: 12/11/14 11:52 am ET - adds link, video
    DETROIT -- Ford Motor Co. is dropping the name “MyFord Touch” in an overhaul of the touch-screen infotainment system that sent its quality ratings plummeting in recent years.

The new system, which Ford calls “Sync 3,” uses BlackBerry's in-car operating system, QNX, instead of the Microsoft technology that has underpinned Sync since its introduction in 2007.

Sync 3 will be available starting in the 2016 model year and offered throughout the full Ford and Lincoln lineups by the end of the 2016 calendar year, Ford said today.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...f-infotainment
    Well hot dang there crackerdoodle, that's the best news I've got all week!! I was just talking to my service advisor at the local Ford dealer the other day about my Sync system in my new F150. Now I really have something to look forward to because I WILL be installing that into my then used F150. That's right, I'm capable of adding new things to my older things regardless of what a tech says. Thanks again for that catch man, that's really good news for both Blackberry and Ford supporters.
    12-11-14 11:14 AM
    Thanks mate! I can't go through the article and only select certain paragraph, because it might turn out to be misleading. But if the general public in this thread wish not to have big posts, then I will stop, but I will not post only part of an article.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think the original complaint was about the FIRST posting of an article, but where subsequent posters include a quote containing the FULL article all over again. We sometimes end up with post after post where the bulk is repeated, with only one line or even one WORD added to the bottom.
    Just me ??
    StormieTwo likes this.
    12-11-14 11:15 AM
    And with a great announcement by Ford wrt BlackBerry we see the stock price.... decline! The MM really want all of tomorrow's option to retire worthless.

Buying opportunity?

BB10 4 ME
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-11-14 11:17 AM
    Well hot dang there crackerdoodle, that's the best news I've got all week!! I was just talking to my service advisor at the local Ford dealer the other day about my Sync system in my new F150. Now I really have something to look forward to because I WILL be installing that into my then used F150. That's right, I'm capable of adding new things to my older things regardless of what a tech says. Thanks again for that catch man, that's really good news for both Blackberry and Ford supporters.
    Is that kinda like and athletic supporter?
    lcjr, sidhuk and La Emperor like this.
    12-11-14 11:28 AM
    Well, as important as Ford is, I think there's more than that announcement going on bringing the SP down some. The good news is that the SP will be going up again! Chin up all!
    12-11-14 11:28 AM
    Is that kinda like and athletic supporter?
    Hey now!! Yeah, Ford supporter have a need for heavy duty support down there. hahahaha
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY and La Emperor like this.
    12-11-14 11:31 AM
    Just tried to download an app, I didn't get any errors. Did you check your settings, like BlackBerry World ID, wi-fi and so on?

Posted via CB10
    Good catch there bbjdog, my settings were originally set to only download using wifi and not all places offering wifi allow for downloads, only surfing. That's usually the hangup when getting error messages while trying to download apps, etc...
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    12-11-14 11:39 AM
    Credit Suisse maintained an Underperform rating on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) with a price target of $6. Analyst Kulbinder Garcha said

That pretty much stopped bbry's rally this morning.
    Both Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley hate blackberry that much.
    No. I bought another small lot this morning. Sorry. Last time I bought was at 10.90 and the stock dropped to mid 9's immediately afterwards.

I may buy some APPL just to stop them too.
    lcjr, bungaboy, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    12-11-14 11:41 AM
    it finally fixed itself about 2 reboots, sometimes the app store is just annoying but I wanted the free downloads

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    12-11-14 11:45 AM
    More on the Ford ---> QNX announcement.

Why Ford Dumping Microsoft's Automotive Software Was Inevitable—And Probably Long Overdue

Why Ford Dumping Microsoft's Automotive Software Was Inevitable--And Probably Long Overdue | Fast Company | Business + Innovation

Years ago, the carmaker took an early lead in infotainment. That helps explain why it's now forced to start all over again.

By Harry McCracken

Ford is announcing a new infotainment system for its Ford and Lincoln vehicles today. Among its features: a streamlined, tablet-like interface with gestures such as swiping and pinch-to-zoom; smarter voice recognition; easier access to apps like Pandora and Spotify; Siri support for iPhone users; and the ability to update itself over your Wi-Fi network as your car sits in the garage or on the driveway. Some models will get the new system in 2015, and the company expects it to be available across all of its lines by the end of 2016.

Its name—Sync 3—suggests continuity, evolution, and close ties to the systems which preceded it. But in fact, Sync 3 isn't the third version of anything.

Ford's new Sync 3 interface
    Photo: courtesy of Ford

Ford is pretty much adopting an industry standard.

Previous versions of Sync were created in collaboration with Microsoft and based on an operating system currently known as Windows Embedded Automotive. In a move which first surfaced as a rumor last February, Sync 3 ditches Microsoft entirely in favor of QNX, an industrial-strength operating system owned by BlackBerry. (It also provides the underpinnings for BlackBerry 10 phones such as the Passport.)

Ford would rather that people focus on Sync 3's new features than on corporate intrigue involving its software partners. In fact, its press release about Sync 3 mentions neither Microsoft nor QNX—a pretty striking omission given that it once trumpeted its partnership with Microsoft. (Ford vehicles with existing flavors of Sync even have little plaques mounted on their dashboards touting Microsoft's involvement.)

Even if Ford isn't anxious to talk about it, the switch to QNX is an eminently sensible move. The software already has over 50% market share in the automotive business, counting BMW, Chrysler, GM, Honda, Mercedes, Toyota, and others among its customers. Ford is pretty much adopting an industry standard.

Sync 3's new app screen

But I cheerfully concede that I'm not receiving this news as a calm, objective reporter. A year ago, I bought a Ford Focus hatchback with MyFord Touch, which has been Ford's top-of-the-line system until now. The only way that I and other owners of current versions of Sync will be able to get Sync 3 is with an entire new Ford or Lincoln wrapped around it: The new system, which replaces the resistive touch screen of previous Sync systems with a more responsive screen based on capacitive technology, will not be available as an upgrade.

The Beginning Of The End

Ford connected-car honcho Don Butler took pains to emphasize to me that the Microsoft-based versions of Sync have not received their final update. "Microsoft has worked with us very closely improving the experience of MyFord Touch," he says. "We continue to work together."

Still, with the shift to QNX for future versions, it's clear that the current version is a dead platform walking. Some models will get Sync 3 starting in 2015, and the entire Ford and Lincoln lines will have it by the end of 2016.

By moving to QNX, Ford is playing catch-up with its car electronics, But it's not because the company didn't see the revolution coming. Indeed, it deserves more credit than any other car manufacturer for making such features approachable and affordable. When the first Sync system was announced back in 2007, infotainment was pricey, exotic, and relegated to higher-end vehicles. Sync took it mainstream, and it was other manufacturers that scrambled to respond.

Once Ford settled on Microsoft technology, it seemed logical enough that 2010's MyFord Touch system—the first sweeping update to the Sync platform, with a fancy touch-screen interface—continued to be based on embedded Windows software. But from the start, it felt like MyFord was trying to do next-generation things on a last-generation operating system.

I never shake the feeling that I'm working for MyFord Touch as much as it's working for me.

Even after multiple updates, the MyFord Touch experience falls far short of the ones which companies such as Apple and Google provide on smartphones and tablets. You need to know exactly how to tap the screen to get it to respond. You have to remember the precise spoken phrases that will make the voice-recognition system obey your commands. You gird yourself for bugs, some of which are truly strange—like the one which inexplicably prevented me from turning off my radio.

None of the problems are insurmountable: I use the system every time I'm in my car, and find it useful. But I never shake the nagging feeling that I'm working for MyFord Touch as much as it's working for me.

And in a lapse which I don't understand, Ford never got around to giving MyFord Touch its AppLink feature, which lets Sync control apps such as Pandora on iPhones and Android phones. It's still only available for Sync in its lower-end incarnation. Ford says it's still contemplating the possibility of bringing AppLink to MyFord Touch, but at this point I can't imagine it's the likeliest outcome.

Basically, MyFord Touch quickly became an albatross for Ford. Even in otherwise favorable reviews of Ford vehicles, it often came up as a downside. And the worst coverage was brutal. (Consumer Reports' headline: "Why the MyFord Touch Control System Stinks.") The gripes subsided eventually, but they've never gone away entirely.

Ford's current MyFord Touch interface

(To be fair, Ford is far from the only car company with a troublesome infotainment system. Remind me sometime to tell you about the Porsche Cayenne I tried which kept deciding to talk to me in French, and couldn't remember which side of the Golden Gate Bridge it was on.)

Replacing one operating system with a different one is such a big, gnarly deal that manufacturers of other sorts of devices do it only when they really have no other choice, as when Apple ditched its crumbling Mac OS 9 for the rock-solid, Unix-based OS X. Ford couldn't have made the decision lightly. But it may have been the only way to give its cars a modern, reliable digital experience.

Which is why I think the company made the right decision for itself and its customers. Even though the Ford owner in me will feel a twinge of melancholy every time I'm reminded of all the neat things that Sync 3 can do and my car cannot.

Here's Ford's own video preview of Sync 3:
    La Emperor, lcjr, sidhuk and 13 others like this.
    12-11-14 11:52 AM
    So does anyone think that all the qnx ford cars will be controlled by BES
    12-11-14 12:06 PM

Introducing SYNC 3 for Ford
    12-11-14 12:20 PM
    OT: Trivia or Nostalgia? LoL

A tidbit of information.

Top 20 posters in this thread.

Who Posted?

Posts: 3,501 cjcampbell = Super content provider and Super Chef as well.

Posts: 3,202 Shanerredflag = Super content provider and Roofing Contractor?

Posts: 3,171 Superfly_FR = OP, Super content provider. Without him we wouldn't be here!

Posts: 1,558 leafs123 = Not around as much. Needs help with hockey team selection.

Posts: 1,383 morganplus8 = The real McCoy! Super content provider. Helpful to all.

Posts: 1,270 plasmid_boy = Super content provider and Brilliant poster.

Posts: 901 jake simmons3 = New and improved Super content provider.

Keep posting everybody. Push me out of the top 20!
    12-11-14 12:23 PM
    Woohoo!! Go Ford go!! Getting some QNX!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-truck.jpg

This is NOT advertizing for Ford or the awesome Ford F150 everyone should own. Also, only smaller animals were harmed while making this post.
    12-11-14 12:26 PM
    it finally fixed itself about 2 reboots, sometimes the app store is just annoying but I wanted the free downloads
    Glad to hear it. Did you try the refresh button under General settings in the app world? I want to find out if it works, instead of rebooting the phone. If you get the problem next time try it. Swip down in app world and select settings, general and it's there.

Posted via CB10
    slipstream89 likes this.
    12-11-14 12:29 PM
    gosh I didn't make it
    OT: Trivia or Nostalgia? LoL

A tidbit of information.

Top 20 posters in this thread.

Who Posted?

Posts: 3,501 cjcampbell = Super content provider and Super Chef as well.

Posts: 3,202 Shanerredflag = Super content provider and Roofing Contractor?

Posts: 3,171 Superfly_FR = OP, Super content provider. Without him we wouldn't be here!

Posts: 1,558 leafs123 = Not around as much. Needs help with hockey team selection.

Posts: 1,383 morganplus8 = The real McCoy! Super content provider. Helpful to all.

Posts: 1,270 plasmid_boy = Super content provider and Brilliant poster.

Posts: 901 jake simmons3 = New and improved Super content provider.

Keep posting everybody. Push me out of the top 20!
    12-11-14 12:44 PM
113,256 ... 30213022302330243025 ...