View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You can go back to bed you did a great job and we appreciate it!
    I sold two more Passports. Went out with a buddy and couple of his sales reps last night. He pull out this Bold and I went, "dude you still using your Bold, that's awesome. But this is what I am using now." I pulled out the Passport. He stepped back and jumped, "what the F#ck is that?"
    Some dude sitting next to us at the bar (this was the most expensive restaurant in town) interjected "wow, those must be the last two BlackBerrys on the planet!" I asked him what phone he was using. He pulled out his iPhone. I said, "that's what I used couple years ago!"
    He said "I am a tech guy, I used to have a BlackBerry, but it sucked!"
    I politely pointed out to him, "you are not a f#cking tech guy if you don't know the Passport is at least 3 years ahead of your iPhone!"
    He's a boss of a local company and was not used to being talked to like that. He turned to my friend's rep and asked "what do you use, honey?" She said, "I use an iPhone, but my boss and his friend really know their sh!t."
    Anyway, showed my friend the PP and he said, "that's it, I am sold. That's the phone I am going to get!"
    Another friend jumped on his iPhone and ordered one for himself.
    The down side was I had a little too much wine and it was rough getting up this morning...LOL
    12-10-14 10:57 AM
    LoL.
    BlackBerry is bad again. Cause apple came up with business apps?
    Shorting this stock and trying to kill this company seems like very rewarding.
    Carriers are delisting blackberry.
    Seems like, every one else's burp and fart is BlackBerry's death.
    Seems like shorts want longs to forget what BlackBerry CEO is telling the world over and over and over and over and over again that, company is on the right track.
    The rumors of blackberry's death are exaggerated.
    Blackberry purchased secusmart, where was iBM's move?
    (don't give me apple's app BS to secure voice)
    Blackberry purchased dual sim billing option. Where is every one else's move? I can go on and on.
    Some clowns portray this as a basketball game. They want to shake the weak hand by making it look like weekly and daily game.
    JC is the best value BlackBerry has. As long as him and his team is around, I am gonna stay with this company until I feel that I have made enough money and it has no more value.
    In the mean time, I will also trade and take benefit of the shorty games and will also cut in shorts profit by buying and selling and locking in 3 to 5% profits. Keep on spreading FUD shorts. I like it. I want shorts level to be at about 150 million like once it was and share price to be between 10 and 11. People who are jumping on apple ibm business app should short some more BlackBerry because BlackBerry death is coming.
    Passport suppose to be death for this company. I heard that over and over. Now that device is forcing bloggers to admit that this device indeed is a good tool to have.
    JC hasn't released a bad device yet.
    he is ahead of his schedule. BES12 has attracted more licenses than ever expected. Companies don't just flip flop providers every day. There has to be a valid reason to make a switch. The BlackBerry dead argument is almost dead now, only few shameless haters would bring that up. Even Kia started to shying away from that slogan lately. Shorts can only pull these tricks so many times.
    But I gotta admit, I do admire these organized shorts in a negative way. They have done well and almost killed this company last year with the help of some deep knowledge leaks in BlackBerry.
    Seems like JC has been able to keep things secrete. For example, no one knew about SAMSUNG DEAL. LoL
    And it has been said that, initial samsung deal is just a beginning.
    Blackberry has its own secured network which spans across the globe with 650 carriers.
    What other company can give you that and with what app?

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-10-14 11:06 AM
    Seems like the 3mil. device thesis is around ...
    Data from Ebscer.com show that in November 2014 the BlackBerry Passport reached 5.4% of BlackBerry 10 devices in use and the Z3 reached 4.4%.
    Have a nice reading !
    BlackBerry Q3 May Bring A Christmas Present - Profits! - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    12-10-14 11:15 AM
    Quick reminder folks.. jump over to Blackberry World and grab your free apps. (this month from 10-17 and then new apps from 18-25 Dec).

Sent using my Q10!
    12-10-14 11:30 AM
    I sold two more Passports. Went out with a buddy and couple of his sales reps last night. He pull out this Bold and I went, "dude you still using your Bold, that's awesome. But this is what I am using now." I pulled out the Passport. He stepped back and jumped, "what the F#ck is that?"
    Some dude sitting next to us at the bar (this was the most expensive restaurant in town) interjected "wow, those must be the last two BlackBerrys on the planet!" I asked him what phone he was using. He pulled out his iPhone. I said, "that's what I used couple years ago!"
    He said "I am a tech guy, I used to have a BlackBerry, but it sucked!"
    I politely pointed out to him, "you are not a f#cking tech guy if you don't know the Passport is at least 3 years ahead of your iPhone!"
    He's a boss of a local company and was not used to being talked to like that. He turned to my friend's rep and asked "what do you use, honey?" She said, "I use an iPhone, but my boss and his friend really know their sh!t."
    Anyway, showed my friend the PP and he said, "that's it, I am sold. That's the phone I am going to get!"
    Another friend jumped on his iPhone and ordered one for himself.
    The down side was I had a little too much wine and it was rough getting up this morning...LOL
    Hey plasmid_boy !!!

Nice to see you on the board today! I had a similar situation as you did, we were sitting around a table, 8 of us having a drink and talking about investments when real estate popped into the conversation. Many of the people there had property in Florida and soon they were trying to understand how close they were to each other. I had my Passport but all the other phones were "other" products so I loaded up a Google map of Florida and passed it around! Well, the level of excitement went sky high as only two people knew what it was, many thought it was a tablet and all of them could identify where their property was and in what relationship it was to others. Try doing that with any other phone, the wide screen really works in this case.

So then I was laughed at by one clown who says he could never hold that monster up to his head. I told him I never use it that way, I use speaker phone for many calls and Bluetooth in my car while on the road. So far, it isn't the problem he makes it out to be. Secondly, I type with one hand by pressing the side of the phone against my leg and in that way I can reach all of the buttons no problem and the screen size is so big I can see it plainly from that distance. The only other complaint by this dope was the lack of apps so I showed him I have 144 apps on the unit and I'm not missing anything. The rest of the group were really impressed with the unit and when they found out that I carry a mini HDMI cord along, ............... way cool. I told them I use it to show my Dad stuff on his big screen LED at his place, works like a charm!

The word is getting out there .............. slowly.
    sidhuk, La Emperor, Corbu and 17 others like this.
    12-10-14 11:38 AM
    12-10-14 11:41 AM
    That's awesome Morgan! I'm saving up for a Passport myself for those times I need a slightly larger screen than my totally awesome Q10. Seems I'm always playing catchup with some of you guys. Lol I recently got three of my new coworkers on BBM and i'm real close to getting one to take the iPhone trade up deal but it's hard when I don't have one myself. Lol. Have a great day!

Sent using my Q10!
    12-10-14 11:49 AM
    That's awesome Morgan! I'm saving up for a Passport myself for those times I need a slightly larger screen than my totally awesome Q10. Seems I'm always playing catchup with some of you guys. Lol I recently got three of my new coworkers on BBM and i'm real close to getting one to take the iPhone trade up deal but it's hard when I don't have one myself. Lol. Have a great day!

Sent using my Q10!
    Thanks lc !!

Good to have you back onboard here! This phone is catching on, I was in a house with all iPhones the other day, and one of the teenagers tried my phone for something like 2 hours before handing it back. It will take time to win over that group but many are bored with their phones and want something cool and different. You have to admit the Passport is different! Surfing the Net with that phone is so easy, reading large documents etc., it can't get any easier either. Try typing all day on your 10 inch iPad, darn it that sucks. My biggest fans are Doctors, they love the screen resolution and the size, it fits in their jackets no problem. I can't say I have actually sold more than one so far as I haven't heard back from those who liked my demo, but my GP bought one right away. BlackBerry is getting it done and I can't wait to see those numbers for Q3!
    12-10-14 12:04 PM
    Kfh, ther is also the posibility that the big boys will buy up these small companies if the own some IP that is innovative.

From that perspective, buying up some stock in small names is not a bad idea. I don't know enough about this landscape though to make an informed decision.

Posted via CB10
    Fiat could be the stock of the century. Go read the thread on the corner of Berkshire and Fairfax forum.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 12:30 PM
    The real wild card on this ER is going to be Passport sales numbers.

Sell-outs are slowing down. Is this because of a) slowing sales or; b) increased production?
    Slowing sales would be the obvious answer, but Chen personally took on meeting demand when there were mass-sellouts, so increased production could be a possibility as well.

These are the numbers I'm most excited for, aside from the bottom line. Huge margins on the device, huge impact on the revenues and a big indicator on Chen's enterprise strategy.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 12:31 PM
    Oh, electric cars are not that complex. The gas, engine and transmission are replaced with batteries, a power inverter and a 3 phase motor.

Different control system for each.

Elon musk is basically sick of waiting for a major manufacturer to do what should be done. If it catches on, the big boys will not buy, they will clone.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    12-10-14 12:33 PM
    Oh, electric cars are not that complex. The gas, engine and transmission are replaced with batteries, a power inverter and a 3 phase motor.

Different control system for each.

Elon musk is basically sick of waiting for a major manufacturer to do what should be done. If it catches on, the big boys will not buy, they will clone.

Posted via CB10
    It is pretty easy. I was going to convert one of my cars to electric (for about $12K in parts). Just need to replace the engine with an electric motor, keep everything else including transmission (has to be standard trans) and convert steering to manual. I cancelled the project after realizing that most of the power will be used to carry the batteries and the point of diminished return was approached quickly (adding more batteries no longer extend the range significantly). That was about 10 years ago, maybe technology is better now.
    rarsen, morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    12-10-14 12:47 PM
    Fiat could be the stock of the century. Go read the thread on the corner of Berkshire and Fairfax forum.

Posted via CB10
    Fiat - FCAU on NYSE?

On topic,
    What's causing BBRY to drop like this!!?
    12-10-14 01:13 PM
    Fiat - FCAU on NYSE?

On topic,
    What's causing BBRY to drop like this!!?
    Markets are all tanking

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-10-14 01:19 PM
    Just another opportunity to buy the dips.
    12-10-14 01:25 PM
    Markets are all tanking

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Yes, I've been avoiding my brokerage account as much as possible the past couple days. lol
    12-10-14 02:14 PM
    Picked up a nice block of shares today. Also received a Black Passport from Amazon with a build date of 18 Nov 2014, this one is a Christmas gift for my GF
    12-10-14 03:11 PM
    Lucky You!!!
    Picked up a nice block of shares today. Also received a Black Passport from Amazon with a build date of 18 Nov 2014, this one is a Christmas gift for my GF
    12-10-14 03:24 PM
    Apologies in advance if this has been posted already

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...ort?_mSplash=1

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 03:41 PM
    Apologies in advance if this has been posted already

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...ort?_mSplash=1

Posted via CB10
    This proves that BlackBerry is actively watching and monitoring the posts on this site since this article was first posted to the Passport forum. I also believe BlackBerry is also watching this thread too. Hopefully they get some idea from great posts from this thread too!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 03:57 PM
    BigBadBen, it was a perfect time to do it. I've done the same thing.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    12-10-14 03:59 PM
    This proves that BlackBerry is actively watching and monitoring the posts on this site since this article was first posted to the Passport forum. I also believe BlackBerry is also watching this thread too. Hopefully they get some idea from great posts from this thread too!

Posted via CB10
    I actually picked it up from a BlackBerry Tweet a short while ago.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 04:05 PM
    What are you getting the wife?

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, lcjr and 6 others like this.
    12-10-14 04:07 PM
    What are you getting the wife?

Posted via CB10
    CJ......actually my daughter and I got her a new Pandora bracelet with two new charms ....what a nice guy eh!!!
    12-10-14 04:20 PM
    BigBadBen, it was a perfect time to do it. I've done the same thing.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    I was waiting for today, managed to make some other good buys recently as I liquidated all my BB shares a little while back with a decent profit. Being patient has paid off again.
    sidhuk, lcjr, La Emperor and 6 others like this.
    12-10-14 04:23 PM
113,256 ... 30193020302130223023 ...