View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That kind of explains the drop from $12's to the $10's. Shorts needed to short more to keep the SP from going up.
    Seems like a lot of work and risk just to keep the share price down. You would think it would just make more sense to buy a bunch of calls, instead, and let the stock price go up. Or does that keep the share price down, too?
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    12-09-14 04:23 PM
    Most of the drop occurred prior to the last settlement on Nov 15 as seen in the below link. So essentially the increase of 11MM shorts was likely to keep prices depressed as of 11/17/2014, which still shows that it's taken a lot of shorting power to keep the prices low, likely so they can keep the price depressed to prevent any resistance from being breached and thus have resistance at lower levels be tested on the earnings day or to plummet the stock if news is bad. Also it will prevent any rapid accumulation from bigger players or eyes being placed on the equity since price isn't moving anywhere.

All in all its manipulation, and nothing will unfortunately be done about it.

http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/trader.a...shortintpubsch

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 04:25 PM
    Oh sh*t... so it is a Mexican standoff.

Morgan, any thoughts on the shorts?

They're.. just like animals, animals, like animals-mals
    12-09-14 04:28 PM
    If Chen shows a surprise profit, even a small one each time but growing each quarter, for just two quarters, shorts would exit and SP would be at $25+. There might not be a short squeeze but even an orderly exit of shorts would get this stock to $25+. All we need is profit growing over two consecutive quarters. Say, EPS $.25 and then next quarter, EPS $.55
    I think that an orderly exit of shorts, especially spread over time, would not double the SP, especially that all theses positions most likely have a different covering strategy, the same way we longs have different profit taking ones.

I believe the likelihood of a short squeeze is diminishing as people are getting a better idea of what John Chen plan and vision's are.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    12-09-14 04:30 PM
    Seems like a lot of work and risk just to keep the share price down. You would think it would just make more sense to buy a bunch of calls, instead, and let the stock price go up. Or does that keep the share price down, too?
    Buying large volumes of calls typically will raise eyebrows, and even if done there is always less liquidity on calls which would end up raising the price very quickly. If you're a larger player, calls won't work as you'd expect.

FYI -there are a ton of reasons to keep the share price low, keep any percentage gain limited, keep interest off the stock before earnings, keep resistance from being breached in order to keep higher levels of resistance from being tested, to keep accumulating more shares before earnings, to keep price low so that a bad ER or a mis conceived ER from being a reason to dump the stock, etc. There are a myriad of reasons. The biggest reason is likely from letting the stock get to VWAP (volume weighted average price) where most of the people willing to sell their shares are ready to sell, right now the shares traded are the ones that day traders are buying and selling amongst themselves, until there's real buying power and actual sellers of the stock at VWAP, nothing will happen.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 04:32 PM
    So, I've been reading the JC article "Don't Believe The Hype" a few times.. As you all know, we're in the quiet period leading up to the earnings results. So I'm thinking he is setting the stage for something. The article brings up a China partnership (which btw, according to him won't include a takeover) and Kim Kardashian's loyalty (which btw, apparently the 'sensationalist media' is using to 'push BlackBerry into the consumer market')? What a bunch of nonsense? When has JC ever felt he was being pushed into a decision, let alone felt the need to justify why he wasn't implementing fast enough when the rumour is only a few weeks old? It's not marketing. Either it is a clumsy way to prepare the street for bad news (which would not be his style, as he is emphasizing long term trust.. and we all know he has been saying they will be cash flow positive by this or next quarter end)... or he is getting ready for a beat. Although a very strange/obvious way of turning out to be a hero.. I clearly hope it's the latter.
    lech31, rarsen, lcjr and 6 others like this.
    12-09-14 05:07 PM
    Passport Amazon Trifecta

Attachment 319686
    This is impressive, still in the top 20 unlocked, the phone cost is three times the cost of the other phones.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-passporttop20.png
    12-09-14 05:28 PM
    IMHO I don't find any redeeming value to Jim Cramer, he's been a clown for too long -- a long lost cause.
    It's not Jim Cramer, he's to loud !!

Z10 catch and release !!
    12-09-14 05:50 PM
    Oh sh*t... so it is a Mexican standoff.

Morgan, any thoughts on the shorts?

They're.. just like animals, animals, like animals-mals

_dimi_ !!

Those darn shorts!!! They hit the stock on Nov. 13 - 14th and the 14th was the reporting date, when, in many cases, the transactions were yet to be settled themselves. The short positions taken on those dates had to settle by November 11/14/2014, and report by 11/18/2014 so that the Nasdaq could give them to us by the 11/25/2014!! Does that make sense? So if I wanted to short the stock on Thursday or Friday, I might just miss that reporting period (likely) and have to carry it over to this bi-weekly period. And so some of the short position belongs to the prior reporting period and a bundle of it made it into this reporting period!

As you know, I don't like a market that is rigged in anyway, but, I believe that the shorts are going to be our best friends in the weeks ahead. It took a ton of stock to stop this past rally and I believe the fact that we held onto the 50-dma doesn't bode well for them going into January. As more stock finds its way into strong hands, we will see them finally make a move and search for other trades. I mentioned on the day that Faucette dropped his valuation on BlackBerry that we would see a bottom in the drop of the stock as they needed plenty of volume to cover those shorts established one week prior. Some of the short gain this period was included in that bottom fishing expedition by the shorts on Faucette day. There are plenty of shorts still out there and I look forward to seeing the next report, the last one before we go into a favourably strong period for the stock market. GL
    rim4ever, W Hoa, Munx and 23 others like this.
    12-09-14 06:14 PM
    That kind of explains the drop from $12's to the $10's. Shorts needed to short more to keep the SP from going up.
    Exactly. They doubled down. I'm glad for that, actually. Kind of wish they had been able to drive it under $10 so I could pick up some more cheapies, but oh well.

Just remember that every one of those shares sold short needs to be bought back. And they're all sold on borrowed money by definition. A short squeeze is inevitable at some point in the next six months unless BlackBerry falls flat on its face.
    12-09-14 06:50 PM
    Good morning everyone! There's some crazy buying opportunities out there during this decline in energy share prices. You know this won't last forever. Hope everyone has a great day and make this day yours.

Sent using my Q10!
    Having seen things like this before, you'd be surprised how low energy stocks could go. Sub $2 for SD is not out of the question.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 and lcjr like this.
    12-09-14 07:39 PM
    Yeah, but I have a vision of what's to come in the next 4-6 years so I get excited when the price drops on a stock I'm holding long term. There's a couple of electric vehicle manufacturers besides Tesla that will become well known then along with some solar and wind companies. I'm buying up shares in companies I feel will will make a big impact after those 4-6 years.

Sent using my Q10!
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    12-09-14 09:27 PM
    Fiat?

And if the market wants electric cars, all the big boys will make them. Not sure where the rare earth metals for the batteries will come from though? Is that issue resolved?

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and lcjr like this.
    12-09-14 10:44 PM
    Morning gang.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    12-10-14 07:31 AM
    Hello to all my fine friends. Enjoying a nice hot breakfast and cup of tea before starting my work day hope you have all had a wonderful week so far and that we can see some green today.

On a side bar 4 of my friends/coworkers have purchased the Z30 since I brought mine home. Seems to be contagious lol.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    12-10-14 07:59 AM
    Kfh, ther is also the posibility that the big boys will buy up these small companies if the own some IP that is innovative.

From that perspective, buying up some stock in small names is not a bad idea. I don't know enough about this landscape though to make an informed decision.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    12-10-14 08:03 AM
    Kfh, ther is also the posibility that the big boys will buy up these small companies if the own some IP that is innovative.

From that perspective, buying up some stock in small names is not a bad idea. I don't know enough about this landscape though to make an informed decision.

Posted via CB10
    Without getting too much OT, I like KNDI in China. Chinese government is throwing a lot of money at the problem which I hope brings good things down the road.
    lcjr likes this.
    12-10-14 08:45 AM
    Soon as we show a profit the shorts will cover , that could push us to 18-22 range easily. I do believe that it wont be a squeeze and more of a steady cover and climb in SP
    12-10-14 08:56 AM
    12-10-14 10:13 AM
    BB needs to partner with carriers for IoT as they will be essential.

Looks like Telus is really ahead in this game and unfortunately the list of their partners doesn't include BB.

About TELUS
    lcjr likes this.
    12-10-14 10:13 AM
    Yeah, this is definitely a topic to discuss after market, but we can discus how Blackberry can enter that same market (electric vehicle market) with their software.

Sent using my Q10!
    12-10-14 10:35 AM
    I sold two more Passports. Went out with a buddy and couple of his sales reps last night. He pull out this Bold and I went, "dude you still using your Bold, that's awesome. But this is what I am using now." I pulled out the Passport. He stepped back and jumped, "what the F#ck is that?"
    Some dude sitting next to us at the bar (this was the most expensive restaurant in town) interjected "wow, those must be the last two BlackBerrys on the planet!" I asked him what phone he was using. He pulled out his iPhone. I said, "that's what I used couple years ago!"
    He said "I am a tech guy, I used to have a BlackBerry, but it sucked!"
    I politely pointed out to him, "you are not a f#cking tech guy if you don't know the Passport is at least 3 years ahead of your iPhone!"
    He's a boss of a local company and was not used to being talked to like that. He turned to my friend's rep and asked "what do you use, honey?" She said, "I use an iPhone, but my boss and his friend really know their sh!t."
    Anyway, showed my friend the PP and he said, "that's it, I am sold. That's the phone I am going to get!"
    Another friend jumped on his iPhone and ordered one for himself.
    The down side was I had a little too much wine and it was rough getting up this morning...LOL
    12-10-14 10:35 AM
    ZAP-Jonway is HQ in California but selling many many vehicles in China. Now Zap wants to bring their EV's to the US market (maybe this year). Now is the time for BlackBerry to consider jumping on such possibilities before somebody else does.

Sent using my Q10!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    12-10-14 10:39 AM
    Great story man

#BBFactCheck
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    12-10-14 10:40 AM
    I certainly can't top selling Passport, that's for sure. I did however get three of my new work partners on BBM. Hey, it's a start! Lol

Sent using my Q10!
    12-10-14 10:56 AM
113,256 ... 30183019302030213022 ...