View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Less than 2 weeks to ER!!!

Any guesses how many Passports sold in this ER eligible time-period?

Didn't someone post a link to some 66,000 Passports sold numbers?
    I REALLY hope you meant to add a zero to that number.

Posted via CB10
    lol no, I think someone posted 66,000 Passports sold in November alone to one particular country, don't remember which.
    morganplus8, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    12-08-14 12:55 PM
    lol no, I think someone posted 66,000 Passports sold in November alone to one particular country, don't remember which.
    It was for India I believe based on some Shipping Companies data.

I wouldn't bet my lunch money on these numbers.
    12-08-14 01:23 PM
    Keep your expectation on Passport sales low. Beyond the initial report of 200k units at launch we really don't know. Chen has said it's doing better than expected but expectations were low to begin with. This is a device with very little carrier support and not much in the way of carrier promotion.

Best to expect the worst and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1154 | Bell | via CB10
    12-08-14 01:30 PM
    Keep your expectation on Passport sales low. Beyond the initial report of 200k units at launch we really don't know. Chen has said it's doing better than expected but expectations were low to begin with. This is a device with very little carrier support and not much in the way of carrier promotion.

I agree.
    12-08-14 01:37 PM
    From John Chen's LinkedIn accound:

Don't Believe The Hype

John Chen

One of the lessons that I have learned over the years is the importance of being straightforward. It�s been especially true for me being the CEO of an iconic and global brand such as BlackBerry.

There is always the temptation to make statements that feed sensationalism, or make executive decisions that chase hype and trends. I have found telling it like it is the best thing to do, even if it hurts in the short-run, because it builds a foundation of trust over the long-term. And that is the time frame I operate in.

For example, recently I�ve been advised to capitalize on Kim Kardashian�s pronouncements that BlackBerry phones are her �heart and soul,� or talk up plans to enter the China market, however preliminary they are today. I am grateful for Kim�s loyalty and respect her passion for BlackBerry, but it is not the right time for us to focus on the consumer market. Our focus right now is on extending our legendary security foundation with new solutions for the enterprise. Nothing is making us waver from that strategy.

That doesn't mean that we are giving up on our many phone fans, as you can tell from the recently-released BlackBerry Passport and the soon-to-be-released BlackBerry Classic. But we cannot and will not chase sensationalism. As for China, rest assured that we are developing a well-thought out plan that will take into account many factors, including timing and our long-term strategy. It won�t be rushed because it�s exciting or turned away from because of security concerns. And it won�t include a takeover.

I will always take a rational approach and long-term view. As thrilling as riding the hype or letting the crowd dictate my tactics may feel in the short run, it will hurt in the long run. Build trust and be clear on your priorities and know that the right decision at the wrong time is still the wrong decision. That philosophy should serve you and your organization well, whatever situation you are in.
    12-08-14 01:45 PM
    Bears repeating:

As for China, rest assured that we are developing a well-thought out plan that will take into account many factors, including timing and our long-term strategy. It won’t be rushed because it’s exciting or turned away from because of security concerns. And it won’t include a takeover.
    https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...lieve-the-hype
    12-08-14 01:55 PM
    Hmm, who is right?

John Chen:
    The right decision at the wrong time is still the wrong decision
    Or

Dalton McGuinty:
    There's no wrong time to make the right decision.
    12-08-14 02:03 PM

Are you folks referring to this post
    "Let me ask the experts here a question. If BlackBerry sold 65,000 phones in India for this latest quarter, would you be happy with that number?"

No Passport mentioned on that post!

Here is my guess on passports sold, above 600,000, this is only a guess!
    There is a video posted here and if you listen closely, John Chen gives us a hint.
    12-08-14 02:33 PM
    I was the person who posted it! I am sorry I did not mention that it was for India Import data only and I did not mention that the about 66,000 units was for blackberry passport only. thanks
    This is kinga exciting for me for 2014
    Edit : about 66 000 units in November only
    https://www.zauba.com/importanalysis...le-report.html
    12-08-14 02:56 PM
    66,000 was for November only!!
    Are you folks referring to this post
    "Let me ask the experts here a question. If BlackBerry sold 65,000 phones in India for this latest quarter, would you be happy with that number?"

No Passport mentioned on that post!

There is a video posted here and if you listen closely, John Chen gives us a hint.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-08-14 02:58 PM
    My guess (hope) for this ER is that they sold over a million BB10 devices!
    12-08-14 03:05 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files. Not a deep extended article but merits a quick glance at the graphics for a continuing overview of a subject with increasing interest:

Internet of things: Poised to be a security headache? | ZDNet
    12-08-14 03:06 PM
    My guess (hope) for this ER is that they sold over a million BB10 devices!
    I'm hoping for over three million blackberry phones sold this quarter, if they pass the four million mark, it will be a blessing.. It would show a reversal of the trends. As for the zauba site, those graphs are misleading. They include repairs and not for sale phones. My surprise was that they were selling the 9720 phones to India.
    Not much 9720 phones were sold , but still a surprise they were selling.

But this is only a guess and we must wait for the ER to find out the number.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 03:54 PM
    Just a quick hi gang !
    Amazed by the november video and all the announcements we had short after that met any points.
    If I may have one single expectation for ER is that the team keeps on delivering and tick the check points green.
    Again, let's no raise numbers for the sake of it. Let's reverse our calculations, based on "guidance" : we should be cash flow positive and close to break even. SP fluctuation is nowhere a company health indicator ... for now.
    Let's stand patient (and cautious); they're on time but anything still can happen "Street wise".

(sorry, hard coding my new website for anything responsive and - yes - a bit of extra work for passport (1:1) owners, with <3 !)

Cheers
    SF
    12-08-14 05:30 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, again raises doubts about the seriousness and lack of reliability of this Security method.

7-Year-Old Boy Uses Sleeping Dad's Finger To Unlock iPhone
    The irony of this story, according to CNN Money, is that the young boy�s father is Cryptographic expert Matthew Green. A Virginia Circuit Court judge recently determined that police can use your finger to unlock your smartphone without consent. A password on the other hand can be refused under fifth amendment rights.
    12-08-14 07:19 PM
    Hmm, who is right?

John Chen:

Or

Dalton McGuinty:

In love, Dalton McGuinty is right.

In business and war, John Chen is right.
    12-08-14 07:23 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, again raises doubts about the seriousness and lack of reliability of this Security method.

7-Year-Old Boy Uses Sleeping Dad's Finger To Unlock iPhone
    The irony of this story, according to CNN Money, is that the young boy�s father is Cryptographic expert Matthew Green. A Virginia Circuit Court judge recently determined that police can use your finger to unlock your smartphone without consent. A password on the other hand can be refused under fifth amendment rights.
    That's really good !!

Z10 catch and release !!
    12-08-14 07:30 PM
    Slightly OT:
    A bit of an overview of what IBM and Google are also doing in the battle against cancer:
    Tech companies join battle in the War on Cancer - CBS News

And a thought for anyone, here or elsewhere, who has had to fight that good fight!
    12-08-14 07:34 PM

Thanks!

I was the person who posted it! I am sorry I did not mention that it was for India Import data only and I did not mention that the about 66,000 units was for blackberry passport only. thanks
    Aah, thanks. My expectation for Passport sales in India are much lower < 15,000 sold since launch in India is what I think.
    12-08-14 08:23 PM
    Some viewing material...

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?play=1&video=3000337404

Z10 catch and release !!
    theRock1975 likes this.
    12-08-14 08:28 PM
    Some viewing material...

BlackBerry's disciplined message

Z10 catch and release !!
    IMHO I don't find any redeeming value to Jim Cramer, he's been a clown for too long -- a long lost cause.
    12-08-14 10:06 PM
    FYI: Request.

Guys and gals, could we kindly keep the quotes from sources to a minimal length please? I mean what's the point of accessing this thread via a mobile site or app or posting the source link if we're going to have to read the entire 7 paragraph content in one posting the pretty much covers an entrepreneur page within this CB10 app??!!

It's a bit frustrating, even though I know many of us want to be helpful, some of us would rather open said like a the a few very short paragraphs and read the articles layer via the browser, considering how long this thread can get.

Thanks for understanding.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    CDM76 and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-09-14 12:44 AM
    I was happy to see that they weren't some pie in the sky crazy ideas. What they are trying to do are logical and based on decades of research results done by various scientists around the world. Too early to tell if injecting cultured T-cells or sorting out cancer cells would be effective treatments for cancer, but they are logical strategies IMO and hold realistic promise. The genomic server would be useful. This is already being done, but over various different government-run servers and require quite a bit of skills that most doctors typically don't have, so a specialized and unified browser accessible with a BlackBerry phone is a significant step forward. Overall, I didn't see any new or novel ideas, but I liked what I saw.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, two things the powers that be don't want to see:
    Cancer cures and a company that can lock-out spyware and phishers.

Crazy times we are in.

That Rocco hotels commercial is hilarious. I like how all the most important people are using Passports, and the maids and porters are shown with iOS devices.
    Is this a BlackBerry commercial?
    12-09-14 02:57 AM
    I REALLY hope you meant to add a zero to that number.

Posted via CB10
    Well we are confident that the numbers will be between 202,000 and eleventy-million.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    12-09-14 03:04 AM
    FYI: Request.

Guys and gals, could we kindly keep the quotes from sources to a minimal length please? I mean what's the point of accessing this thread via a mobile site or app or posting the source link if we're going to have to read the entire 7 paragraph content in one posting the pretty much covers an entrepreneur page within this CB10 app??!!

It's a bit frustrating, even though I know many of us want to be helpful, some of us would rather open said like a the a few very short paragraphs and read the articles layer via the browser, considering how long this thread can get.

Thanks for understanding.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    Keep in mind that many of the posted full length articles are from a subscription based site and therefore a simple link or short quote doesn't do many of us any good.
    bungaboy, 3_M4N, jxnb and 11 others like this.
    12-09-14 05:06 AM
113,252 ... 30163017301830193020 ...