View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That's amazing! Fantastic pricing. $49 on contract. $449 without contract is perfect, I think.

EDIT -
    Aaah, it shows $499 without contract. Wish it were $449. I think that's how much BlackBerry would directly sell for. Carriers love to 'lock' devices and tack on another 10-15% to the price to make it look like they are giving a bigger subsidy than they really are.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:47 PM
    That's amazing! Fantastic pricing. $49 on contract. $449 without contract is perfect, I think.

EDIT -
    Aaah, it shows $499 without contract. Wish it were $449. I think that's how much BlackBerry would directly sell for. Carriers love to 'lock' devices and tack on another 10-15% to the price to make it look like they are giving a bigger subsidy than they really are.

Posted via CB10
    Bell is notorious for having the highest off contract price.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and rarsen like this.
    12-07-14 05:53 PM
    12-07-14 06:03 PM
    60 minutes is on. Probably second story. Nanthealth blackberry etc.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-07-14 06:04 PM
    Bell is notorious for having the highest off contract price.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Just checked their site and Z30 = $699.95, Passport = $749.95
    12-07-14 06:14 PM
    Good Morning Gang.
    Just watched this Gem during breakfast. Again. IMO. Forget about the BS noise. I would Listen to this guy.
    Love the 29:00 to 30:54 bit.

Anyone understood the question asked around the 33:45 mark?

Like his grin around 34:05 and his answer at the 34:25 mark...

Everytime I listen to JC, I feel like buying more shares...

GL all!
    bungaboy, lech31, iamagod and 8 others like this.
    12-07-14 06:23 PM
    Love the 29:00 to 30:54 bit.

Anyone understood the question asked around the 33:45 mark?

Like his grin around 34:05 and his answer at the 34:25 mark...

Everytime I listen to JC, I feel like buying more shares...

GL all!
    Not sure. Was the guy asking if Blackberry was going to start making the keyboard for other phones? Like a Blackberry version of the Typo? Couldn't hear him clearly...
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    12-07-14 06:45 PM
    Anyone catch 60 minutes? Anything interesting?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 07:01 PM
    Curious as to the question.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 07:03 PM
    Here is the 60 minutes video
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/billiona...ventional-way/

Attachment 319318
    First genome browser. Blackberry partner/investor.
    12-07-14 07:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yup!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dr-patrick-soon-dec-7-2014-01.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dr-patrick-soon-dec-7-2014-1.jpg
    neteng1000, Corbu, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    12-07-14 07:09 PM
    12-07-14 07:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well what do you think !! XD

Z10 catch and release !!
    neteng1000 likes this.
    12-07-14 07:57 PM
    Well what do you think !! XD

Z10 catch and release !!
    A lot of really cool stuff.

And nicely showed off the Passport.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-07-14 08:07 PM
    12-07-14 08:13 PM
    And all of this. Because of this.
    http://nerdberry.net/2014/08/18/qnx-...cal-devices-2/

12-07-14 08:16 PM
    12-07-14 08:17 PM
    Thank you guys, good reading material !!

Z10 catch and release !!
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    12-07-14 08:44 PM
    BlackBerry Plans Medical Tool for Its Passport Smartphone - WSJ
    Special Browser for Cancer Doctors Reflects Company’s Bid for Business Customers

TORONTO— BlackBerry Ltd. said it plans to launch, early in the new year, a mobile diagnostic tool for its Passport device to allow doctors to securely access cancer patients’ medical data from any location.

The new browser is the latest move in the Canadian smartphone maker’s effort to win back core enterprise customers and is the first technology offering developed with NantHealth, the IT provider in which it acquired a minority stake this past April.

The new offering from Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry comes as it tries to revive slumping sales by developing mobile security software and services aimed at business customers, following a failed attempt last year to expand into the consumer market.

This browser “really highlights (BlackBerry’s) advantage in mobile security” for the health-care sector and other regulated industries, John Chen, BlackBerry’s chief executive, said in an interview. Industries such as health care face strict regulations on protecting confidential data.

The new browser will equip doctors with a mobile computer to help them quickly and accurately decide on the appropriate treatment for a patient, Patrick Soon-Shiong, NantHealth’s chief executive said.

Currently, it takes weeks for a doctor to get back tests from a biopsy, so they may be forced to decide on treatment before seeing the test results, Mr. Soon-Shiong said. NantHealth’s genome browser allows physicians to view and analyze test results as soon as they become available, he said.

California-based NantHeath’s cloud-based technology is used in over 250 hospitals.

BlackBerry and NantHealth haven’t specified an exact release date for the browser, which will come pre-loaded on BlackBerry’s Passport smartphone.

BlackBerry is counting on sales of Passport to help it reach its goal of selling 10 million smartphones annually, the threshold the company says it needs to hit before it starts making money from the device business. It launched the device in the September and after two days had orders for more than 200,000.

Analysts, though, see the Passport as a niche product. They say the launch of the new Classic device, modeled after BlackBerry’s once-popular Bold smartphone, will play a more deciding factor in the Canadian company’s fate. That launch is on December 17.

BlackBerry hasn’t disclosed its investment in NantHealth, whose biggest financial backer is the Kuwait Investment Authority, a sovereign-wealth fund that invested $250 million in the company in October. Other investors include a unit of Verizon Communications Inc., Celgene Corp. and Blackstone Group L.P.
    12-07-14 09:41 PM
    Nanthealth is/has gone public?

If successful, a potential bbry buyer down the road?

Posted via CB10
    Does anyone have any idea when the Nanthealth IPO will be offered?
    The DR. mentioned something along the lines of this year during the Forbes Health summit?
    12-07-14 09:42 PM
    Does anyone have any idea when the Nanthealth IPO will be offered?
    The DR. mentioned something along the lines of this year during the Forbes Health summit?
    When Forbes asked him when NantHealth would go public (Soon-Shiong announced that it would happen “this year” and then launched into his explanation of the charitable trust he will be creating. He confirmed backstage that by “this year” he had meant 2015. ”I’m already in next year,” he laughed.
    12-07-14 09:59 PM
    Less than 2 weeks to ER!!!

Any guesses how many Passports sold in this ER eligible time-period?

Didn't someone post a link to some 66,000 Passports sold numbers?
    12-08-14 01:17 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141208_001441.png

Take it as a so-far so-good?

Over 5 million BES12 downloads and 4.1 stars. Would be nice to see the same info for the iOS version.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 02:16 AM
    The ranking of Passport is now out of 20 in the Amazon's best seller list under the unlocked cell phone category. Is anyone concerned about it?
    12-08-14 04:10 AM
    BlackBerry and NantHealth Launch Breakthrough NantOmics Cancer Genome Browser | Business Wire

This is some really fascinating stuff! I loved the 60 Minutes piece about Dr. Soon-Shiong and think it brings potential for BlackBerry's involvement.

Was anyone able to dig into last quarter's financials and determine how much BlackBerry's minority stake in NantHealth is? With their upcoming IPO and current valuation of ~$7B (EDIT: Dr. Soon-Shiog net worth has been rising – it’s currently $13.3 billion, $2.3 billion more than the figure 60 Minutes used — precisely because the value of his companies has been going up as more investors come in. In September we valued his umbrella company, NantWorks, at $7.7 billion. Source - Forbes), could the success of NantHealth be significant enough drive growth for BlackBerry?

It's all really interesting and exciting stuff and I can't help but to draw the coincidence to what used to be OT in this thread (biotechnology) is now N.O.T. (not off topic)! I found myself understanding Dr Shiongs medical terminology because of the background I'm learning here. Even Mr. Lazaridis himself is working in a not too distant tech field (Quantum Computing). I wouldn't mind seeing him involved in the future too. Okay, I'll ease off with the astrological alignment cr*p. I forget that we are talking about a dead company who will be going belly up any day now.

Have a great week guys! Looking forward to the end of the year run up!
    Last edited by Mr BBRY; 12-08-14 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Inaccurate statement
    12-08-14 06:10 AM
113,256 ... 30143015301630173018 ...