View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Really liking the rapid-fire succession of BlackBerry these days. I can't believe that the fiscal is two weeks away.

If there is consistent news, plus a bit, we are up and away.

Really tempted to buy a chunk a week leading....

OT:
    Say, anyone else wondering if BlackBerry will include that new maps upgrade by way of that provider that powers Garmin and I think Magellen with 10.3.1? Anyone remember that company?
    anyway, I found this thread that is interesting, and I didn't realize that maps could do this:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-tap...lackberry-maps

Nite all!
    12-06-14 03:42 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, general partial information on exposure to security and stolen credit cards. To consider as Smartphones start to replace credit cards, guess who ends up paying for weak flimsy tools and refusal to believe need of very basic rules of protection. As we approach a very busy buying time of the year, where even stolen cards are available for 20-50 dollars, how many billions are already compromised?

What happens when you swipe your card? - 60 Minutes Videos - CBS News

http://www.zdnet.com/article/zero-da...tag=TRE17cfd61
    Including banks cleared to sue Target for credit card hack negligence, more sensitive Sony internal files than anyone can keep track of: There's no end in sight -- or answers as to who or why. etc
    Last edited by rarsen; 12-06-14 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Added ZDNet article
    12-06-14 06:12 AM
    What's the birdy waiting/looking for? Bhahaha

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    A pot of gold at end of the rainbow?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 07:21 AM
    12-06-14 07:47 AM

Note: already posted picture of the screen that one handed thumb can reach anywhere on passport screen. However, I am loving to use both hands now. Cause in this video, this person calls that top left corner is a dead zone on passport. When using one handed, passport bottom right corner should rest between palm and the fingers, resting the bottom on top of pinky and most people should be able to reach all of passport screen and the keyboard.
    Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-06-14 08:37 AM
    OT but interesting:
    https://gigaom.com/2014/12/05/why-cb...22c9d-99683765

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    12-06-14 09:14 AM
    My turn... Good ol' Canadian boys..

WoW!!!! Where'd you find this jewel? They are super good! A BIG thanks!
    12-06-14 09:24 AM
    WoW!!!! Where'd you find this jewel? They are super good! A BIG thanks!
    I discovered them at the local blues festival a few years ago.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-06-14 09:56 AM
    The shorts are an endangered species !!

Z10 catch and release !!
    12-06-14 10:12 AM
    Yes, saw them at the Epcor Centre in Calgary last year. Excellent. Got to meet them backstage too!

Sent from my awesome Z30
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-06-14 10:14 AM
    The 10 Best Performing TSX Tech Stocks of 2014

8. BlackBerry (TSX:BB)
    Price on December 31st, 2013: $7.90
    Price on December 5th, 2014: $12.21
    Percentage Change: +54.5%
    Turns out, fixer John Chen’s autopsy of the BlackBerry corpse revealed that the patient was still breathing. Cormark analyst Richard Tse says Chen’s execution is making the company’s brand meaningful again, especially in enterprise. The analyst says BlackBerry’s “new” subscription-based revenue model has the potential to drive revenue in a way that is greater than one employing traditional system access fees. In a mid-November research update in which he upgraded BlackBerry to a “Buy”, Tse said the days of the market pricing in a risk that the device maker might go under could be in the past. “…we now believe there’s developing going-concern thesis based on a credible road map and momentum for BES12,” said Tse. “Obviously, that will not happen overnight but as far as the stock is concerned, we believe the market is looking to price in a 2-3 year outlook on the name”.
    The 10 Best Performing TSX Tech Stocks of 2014 - Cantech Letter
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 12 others like this.
    12-06-14 02:45 PM

That Sierra Wireless company share price growth is insane. Good on them.
    12-06-14 03:14 PM

Would love to see consistent and increasing Q/Q rev, EPS, and FCF starting Dec 19th. Dec 19th may be small Q/Q increases, but then we have March to start this freight train, then June, Sept and Dec before the end of 2015 to build and prove momentum that can't be stopped.

Here is my earnings guesstimate. $.09 EPS, 980M revs.

End of year price: $13.00 (+71% gain in 2014).

End of year 2015: $28.00 (115% gain in 2015).

Other thoughts: Not sure about cash...I don't know when Secusmart deal closes probably won't impact this Q? But I think they have blown out their existing inventory which should add to cash? Launching passport and classic takes cash...but they have been very careful with the number of builds/inventory.

May the gurus weigh in.
    12-06-14 03:15 PM
    OT: shopblackberry black passport on backorder in France. I bet OP has something to do with this situation.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-francebbbackorder.png
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    12-06-14 04:35 PM
    I had removed what's app when bbm went cross platform. I told everyone to start using bbm.

Now the question is, should I install what's app again and start using this method to crash the app. Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 05:11 PM
    Viewing A Genome On A Blackberry Phone - Forbes

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-press1-1316x1940.jpg

Patrick Soon-Shiong, the richest doctor in the world, and Blackberry Chief Executive John Chen made some news at Thursday’s Forbes Healthcare Summit, revealing a new app that will allow doctors to review a cancer patient’s genes on a Blackberry phone. Soon-Shiong also announced that we should expect an initial public offering of one of his companies, NantHealth, next year, and that he plans to use the proceeds in part to create a charitable trust like the U.K.’s Wellcome Trust, which was created using wealth generated by pharmaceutical giant Borroughs-Wellcome, which is now part of GlaxoSmithKline.

In an interview with Forbes Media Editor-in-Chief Steve Forbes, Chen gave his pitch for the Passport phone, which is wider than other phones (the size, Chen emphasized, of a physical passport) and can also handle large amounts of data. Then Soon-Shiong, who is aiming ‘Nant’ companies at changing the way cancer is treated, held up the phone as it loaded an analysis of a sample genome from the cloud. […]

When Forbes asked him when NantHealth would go public (Soon-Shiong announced that it would happen “this year” and then launched into his explanation of the charitable trust he will be creating. He confirmed backstage that by “this year” he had meant 2015. ”I’m already in next year,” he laughed.

NantHealth’s business model looks to focus on selling hospital systems on a system that will connect all of their devices and records together to create real-time dashboards for administrators and doctors. The genomics work, which will also include analyses of gene expression and proteins in order to pick better treatments for cancer patients, are also part of the system.

In a cover story on Soon-Shiong’s efforts earlier this year, I found that he had assembled some amazing technologies and teams of skilled researchers, it was difficult to separate the breakthroughs from misleading hype. For instance, a claim he made loudly at the Forbes Healthcare Summit — that he can analyze a genome in 47 seconds — strikes me as profoundly misleading. As I wrote, “[I]t is an average time, not the time for an individual. It’s like saying McDonald’s can hand you 800 Happy Meals the instant you pull up at a drive-thru window because the company serves 800 meals a second worldwide.” The number is still prominently featured on NantHealth’s website, although I don’t think Soon-Shiong mentioned it this year. This phone app, is very cool.

Soon-Shiong will be profiled on 60 Minutes on CBS on Sunday night.
    Can't embed that video, sorry:
    NantHealth's IPO Inspiration
    CEO Patrick Soon-Shiong tells Steve Forbes the inspiration for taking his company public in 2015.
    12-06-14 07:30 PM
    Jubei left something for you guys. Might enjoy:

The Synergy and Stock of BlackBerry | http://berryflow.com/2014/12/synergy-stock-blackberry/ via @BBRYFLOW

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 09:05 PM

The Synergy and Stock of BlackBerry | http://berryflow.com/2014/12/synergy-stock-blackberry/ via @BBRYFLOW

Posted via CB10
    Yeah and enjoy this

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2717...itrel=nofollow

Z10 catch and release !!
    12-06-14 11:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    The synergy of BlackBerry devices has a history of being horrid. The playbook's integration (bridge etc) with BlackBerry phones was the first step forward. Hopefully future devices will work even better and smoother.

That's one thing I've always preferred about Apple products.... the just work together. They don't take playing around with detailed settings or figuring out a detailed set up process. They just work and work together well.

If BlackBerry can learn to adapt this philosophy then things should look up even more.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 12-07-14 at 02:43 PM.
    James Nieves likes this.
    12-07-14 01:35 AM
    Would love to see consistent and increasing Q/Q rev, EPS, and FCF starting Dec 19th. Dec 19th may be small Q/Q increases, but then we have March to start this freight train, then June, Sept and Dec before the end of 2015 to build and prove momentum that can't be stopped.

Here is my earnings guesstimate. $.09 EPS, 980M revs.

End of year price: $13.00 (+71% gain in 2014).

End of year 2015: $28.00 (115% gain in 2015).

Other thoughts: Not sure about cash...I don't know when Secusmart deal closes probably won't impact this Q? But I think they have blown out their existing inventory which should add to cash? Launching passport and classic takes cash...but they have been very careful with the number of builds/inventory.

May the gurus weigh in.
    I see your $13, and I'll raise .50, that is, if BlackBerry pulls another rabbit out of the hat and produces results consistent with the progression that we know will happen.
    If this occurs, then Faucette becomes an obvious shill, and we lift off.

Now, let's see where exactly the 3.1 update enters the scene....
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-07-14 02:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hey Jamez,

Welcome aboard! We could use some more fresh talent, so don't be a stranger.
    I'm sure I speak for us all by saying that we appreciate your commitment and insightful work for our Berry.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    12-07-14 02:33 AM
    Good Morning Gang.
    Just watched this Gem during breakfast. Again. IMO. Forget about the BS noise. I would Listen to this guy.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-07-14 10:06 AM
    12-07-14 04:46 PM
    That would be an amazing price, friend is waiting for a price from rogers but for 50 she will get it for sure

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 04:58 PM
    Nanthealth is/has gone public?

If successful, a potential bbry buyer down the road?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:08 PM
113,256 ... 30133014301530163017 ...