Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    12-05-14 02:59 PM
    12-05-14 03:22 PM
    OT but quite interesting. It's not about BlackBerry.
    Is Samsung The Next BlackBerry?

SAMSUNG ELECT LTD mobile business declined 74 percent in the third quarter, highlighting the company's ongoing struggle at retail. Is this a sign of things to come?
    "In their current shape and form, every indication is that Samsung is going to be the next BlackBerry Ltd BBRY 2.01% and Nokia," Global Equities Research analyst Trip Chowdhry told Benzinga.

IHS Technology IHS 1.56% Senior Analyst Daniel Gleeson said that this is a "danger" that Samsung and other manufacturers need to recognize.

"It's something that's not just affecting Samsung," said Gleeson. "If you look at Sony, HTC, LG -- they're all under fierce, incredible pressure just simply to generate profits and to break even. Samsung has a bit more of a cushion than the others, but it's something that affects all of them because they're being pressured at the top-end from Apple, who has now come out with those larger phones."
    Specs Are A 'Recipe For Disaster'
    Chowdhry warned that Samsung needs more than upgraded specs if it wants to survive.
    "Specs, by itself, is a recipe for a disaster," said Chowdhry. "That is the fundamental problem of Samsung. I don't think you can take specs in isolation."
    Instead, Chowdhry thinks that Samsung should focus on software -- but not necessarily the OS.
    "Everybody is doing Lollipop, so what is unique?" Chowdhry questioned. "What is Samsung's differentiation? Can you remember the last time you went to the store to buy a phone and asked for technical specifications?"
    I'm glad BlackBerry has more than just specs to differentiate (BB10 / keyboard).
    jxnb, rarsen, Korepab and 7 others like this.
    12-05-14 04:03 PM
    BlackBerry to Announce Third Quarter Fiscal 2015 Results on Friday, December 19th, 2014

WATERLOO, ONTARIO, Dec 05, 2014 (Marketwired via COMTEX) -- BlackBerry(R) BBRY, +2.01% (BB) will be reporting results for the third quarter of fiscal 2015 on December 19th, 2014. A conference call and live webcast will be held beginning at 8 am ET, which can be accessed by dialing 1-888-503-8168 or by logging on at Investor Events - Canada.

A replay of the conference call will also be available at approximately 10 am ET by dialing 1-647-436-0148 and entering pass code 8015758# or by clicking the link above. This replay will be available until midnight ET January 2nd, 2015.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    12-05-14 05:01 PM

I'm glad BlackBerry has more than just specs to differentiate (BB10 / keyboard).
    Thanks for this.

"Specs Are A 'Recipe For Disaster'

Chowdhry warned that Samsung needs more than upgraded specs if it wants to survive.

"Specs, by itself, is a recipe for a disaster," said Chowdhry. "That is the fundamental problem of Samsung. I don't think you can take specs in isolation."

Instead, Chowdhry thinks that Samsung should focus on software -- but not necessarily the OS.

"Everybody is doing Lollipop, so what is unique?" Chowdhry questioned. "What is Samsung's differentiation? Can you remember the last time you went to the store to buy a phone and asked for technical specifications?" "
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    12-05-14 05:09 PM
    For those of you who want to learn more about Patrick Soon-Shiong before the 60 Minutes piece, this Sunday:
    Can Patrick Soon-Shiong, The World's Richest Doctor, Fix Health Care? - Forbes

All of these pieces–and dozens more that he’s bought or built–combine into a corporate structure as byzantine as his overarching product. His 800 employees are splintered across offices in 14 cities, and NantWorks, the parent holding company, houses nine separate units, all with different investor groups and each apparently designed to trade independently as a tracking stock. The first IPO, as early as next year, will likely be NantHealth, his health care information technology play, poised to profit from new payment schemes created by ObamaCare. Investors include Verizon, Celgene, BlackBerry and the Kuwait Investment Authority. FORBES values NantHealth alone at $1.6 billion. All told, FORBES values the entirety of Soon-Shiong’s Nant-related holdings at $7.7 billion.

[...]

Soon-Shiong angrily shrugs off the criticisms. “Unfortunately, when you go outside the accepted conventional bounds, some people feel threatened and strike out,” he says. “When you run a public company, short-sellers seize on it and give it even more legs. Fortunately, the strong persevere–and not just me–and we have a better world for it. If they didn’t, a lot of advances in health care, science and technology would never be achieved.”
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b4hqmhmcyaai1h6.jpg

Preview: Disrupting Cancer
    DECEMBER 5, 2014, 1:34 PM|Already a billionaire for creating an innovative cancer drug, Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong is turning heads with more unconventional ways of treating the disease he hopes to conquer. Dr. Sanjay Gupta reports on Sunday, Dec. 7 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/previe...upting-cancer/
    Last edited by Corbu; 12-05-14 at 10:21 PM.
    12-05-14 05:17 PM
    So...it's tradition, sometimes initiated from Trespassers Requiring Overly Optimistic Levels of Latitude (TROLLS) , sometimes one of the regulars so...I'll begin the discussion concerning upcoming ER.

My bet:

Out perform on all but revenue, with the caveat revenue is a moving target!

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    12-05-14 06:13 PM
    So...it's tradition, sometimes initiated from Trespassers Requiring Overly Obtuse Levels of Latitude (TROLLS) , sometimes one of the regulars so...I'll begin the discussion concerning upcoming ER.

My bet:

Oh ya!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-gnome.jpg
    12-05-14 06:20 PM
    Oh ya!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gnome.jpg 
Views:	1161 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	318939
    What's the birdy waiting/looking for? Bhahaha

12-05-14 06:22 PM

Wait... I thought Apple was the new BlackBerry and Blackberry was the new Apple. Now you're telling me Samsung is the new BlackBerry? ?

I'm confused.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1154 | Bell | via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-05-14 06:23 PM
    Wait... I thought Apple was the new BlackBerry and Blackberry was the new Apple. Now you're telling me Samsung is the new BlackBerry? ?

I'm confused.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1154 | Bell | via CB10
    Me too...but that's SNAFU for me. Lol

bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    12-05-14 06:26 PM
    Me too...but that's SNAFU for me. Lol

FUBAR too!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    12-05-14 06:27 PM

They said they found life on Uranus.
    12-05-14 06:31 PM
    Remember when:

bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    12-05-14 06:34 PM

That birds name is James T. Kirk...

BB10 4 ME
    12-05-14 06:40 PM
    That birds name is James T. Kirk...

BB10 4 ME
    That's a 'hole' new meaning on teleport lol

cjcampbell likes this.
    12-05-14 06:41 PM
    So...it's tradition, sometimes initiated from Trespassers Requiring Overly Optimistic Levels of Latitude (TROLLS) , sometimes one of the regulars so...I'll begin the discussion concerning upcoming ER.

My bet:

Pre-market announcement signals good news, yah?

BB10 4 ME
    12-05-14 06:44 PM
    That's a 'hole' new meaning on teleport lol

He's looking for "kling-ons"! LOL

BB10 4 ME
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    12-05-14 06:45 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-facebook-20141205-174521.png

Happy Friday...

bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    12-05-14 06:46 PM
    Thinking of the Shorty's. LoL

Shanerredflag and La Emperor like this.
    12-05-14 07:16 PM
    My turn... Good ol' Canadian boys..

12-05-14 07:49 PM
    Good stuff^^^^

bungaboy likes this.
    12-05-14 08:17 PM
    My turn... Good ol' Canadian boys..

These guys are legit. Thanks CJ.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    12-05-14 09:04 PM
    @cjcampbell, yes sir that is good !!

Z10 catch and release !!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-05-14 10:31 PM
    Obviously a little late here but.... greeeeeen green green green. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141206_011155.png

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Korepab and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-06-14 12:15 AM
113,256 ... 30123013301430153016 ...