View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    knowing the genomic mutation causing the disease doesn't immediately suggest a treatment strategy. And from a biochemical perspective, that is not the root cause of the disease. The root cause would be the dysfunction of the protein that is derived from that mutated gene (that is why you can have a sickle-cell mutation in your gene, but do not have the disease because the other copy of your gene is producing a functional protein). A treatment would constitute restoring protein function or inhibiting it's toxic effects. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    When I read this, all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher talking....LOL

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-05-14 07:20 AM
    You do want that under certain circumstances, such as cystic fibrosis and various cancers consisting of specific genetic mutations that respond to specific drugs. Personalized medicine is becoming a fashion now, but I am not sure how far that will go.

Posted via CB10
    Yep true. A fashionable concept but I agree practicalities are something else. HelpIng focus treatments should be very useful. Sickle Cell and CF well known and easy to diagnose and definitely genetic but knowing the gene itself doesn't help much.

Posted with my flash Passport
    12-05-14 07:25 AM
    When I read this, all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher talking....LOL

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    LOL....still laughing!

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    ibpluto, bungaboy, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    12-05-14 07:30 AM
    4 key points to take from this video ...

Passport & Security
    HealthCare partnership is delivering on promises since partnership began in less than 6mths!
    60 Minutes, well respected and will host this in full not next year but this coming Monday ...
    This isn't the "near future" it is the "Hear and NOW!"

BlackBerry ... Hear and Now, done securely! I hope this becomes a theme with every acquisition and investment and new product launch going forward!
    The here and now, even. :P

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    12-05-14 08:00 AM
    LOL....still laughing!

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    Apologies. Out of the weeds

12-05-14 08:09 AM
    Change of topic.

I noticed this little warning sign on amazon. I am wondering if its because the Blackberry Passport is sold out at Amazon.com and they are selling the item from other parties. This would explain the drop in ranking at the Amazon.com site. What do you think?

"Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-amazonpp.png
    12-05-14 08:50 AM
    I suspect it's about which carrier the phone works on. Maybe about the radio bands?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 08:54 AM
    I suspect it's about which carrier the phone works on. Maybe about the radio bands?

Posted via CB10
    That would explain how they are describing the item, but not the way they are shipping the item. I'm sure we will find out sooner or later.

If it wasn't for yesterday burp we would be above the $11.00 range. Let's get back on track and have a great run till the earnings report.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-05-14 09:10 AM
    Change of topic.

I noticed this little warning sign on amazon. I am wondering if its because the Blackberry Passport is sold out at Amazon.com and they are selling the item from other parties. This would explain the drop in ranking at the Amazon.com site. What do you think?

"Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amazonPP.PNG 
Views:	1118 
Size:	475.5 KB 
ID:	318865
    Its interesting it's only on the black version. If you click to the red or the white you are able to order the phone no troubles.
    12-05-14 09:23 AM
    There was no guessing to it. Corbu posted the link on July 28th.

Not one of the published articles did I see any reference that the news was over 4 months old.

I'll stick to my version, thanks.
    If you check the front page of CrackBerry now you will see the entire 20 min interview, which has much more information than those few little clips posted previously.

Look I am not saying there isn't the usual group of lazy folks who write these things as if they were said yesterday, that's not my point. Bloomberg though is promoting their show that just recently aired and that's the clips that were posted here in this thread. Posting those clips as if they are part of the vast media conspiracy to push the price down is not accurate.
    12-05-14 09:35 AM
    Apologies. Out of the weeds

That is awesome! Seems like the kid in green dancing at the top of the screen is doing the moonwalk! I never caught on to that (MY is not the first to do it but he did ad more to it over the years), but it was great to recognize other dances long gone. I always loved that sequence since my youth. Hope it's one of those things I last remember when my curtain call comes around

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    12-05-14 09:36 AM
    I figured a light follow-up to my perception of this ...

Source: Apple Watch: Everything We Know | MacRumors

What is there to say Apple changes this in the near future to subsitute PIN ('pins are insecure, think how we revolutionized credit card payments' we're now replacing for) heart rate rhythms ... from calm to slightly excited as some do with certain purchases and festive times of the year (Christmas, Chanukkah - very sorry this is mispelled everyone, honestly I've seen this spelled 3 ways and I just don't know which is correct).

But honestly ... this is the VERY FIRST device to even come close to processing a wireless payment aside from our phones ... and with Force Touch ... Crystal Display on the eye end models ... VERY appealing from a technological standpoint but honestly VERY scary!
    What's weird and interesting to think about is; what are consumers supposed to do when there's a data breach of this system in the future? You can't exactly "reset" your heart rate patterns the way you can reset a pin. What are you supposed to do if your biological identifying information gets compromised? This isn't the appropriate thread for that discussion, but it's just food for thought.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    12-05-14 10:01 AM
    Yep true. A fashionable concept but I agree practicalities are something else. HelpIng focus treatments should be very useful. Sickle Cell and CF well known and easy to diagnose and definitely genetic but knowing the gene itself doesn't help much.

Hey Ken,
    Not to drag this out but...
    There was an study a while back that identified that breast cancer had several different genetic triggers each of which responded to different treatments.
    I kind of remember one example where the breast cancer was actually a form of cervical cancer.
    I grant that this may be the exception not the rule.
    I'm very interested to see the 60minutes episode this Sunday.

BB10 4 ME
    12-05-14 10:45 AM
    Hey Ken,
    Not to drag this out but...
    There was an study a while back that identified that breast cancer had several different genetic triggers each of which responded to different treatments.
    I kind of remember one example where the breast cancer was actually a form of cervical cancer.
    I grant that this may be the exception not the rule.
    I'm very interested to see the 60minutes episode this Sunday.

BB10 4 ME
    That's correct, Stormie. Biologics class of drugs are designed specifically to target a specific proteins (which is caused by a specific genetic mutation). For example, common mutations found in breast cancers are in the genes HER-2, ER, and PR. Biologic-based drugs (antibodies) against HER-2 positive breast cancer would only work if the patient has that mutation.
    12-05-14 10:59 AM
    That's correct, Stormie. Biologics class of drugs are designed specifically to target a specific proteins (which is caused by a specific genetic mutation). For example, common mutations found in breast cancers are in the genes HER-2, ER, and PR. Biologic-based drugs (antibodies) against HER-2 positive breast cancer would only work if the patient has that mutation.
    Interesting! Is the drug that HALO is working on one of these biologics-based drugs? Anyone?

BB10 4 ME
    12-05-14 11:17 AM
    Interesting! Is the drug that HALO is working on one of these biologics-based drugs? Anyone?

BB10 4 ME
    It is a biologic, but it is not a drug. Their Halozyme (if I recall correctly) is an enzyme that helps to break away extracellular matrix to allow other drugs to access the tumor.
    12-05-14 11:27 AM
    White passport sold out in US and Canada BB site.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-05-14 11:54 AM
    Its interesting it's only on the black version. If you click to the red or the white you are able to order the phone no troubles.
    Must have sorted things out.

Robot Check

The Passport gets 4.8 out of 5 Stars in 402 Reviews. Thats pretty good IMO.

Robot Check

Don't know where the "Robot Check" came from. LoL
    Last edited by bungaboy; 12-05-14 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Robot Check???
    rarsen likes this.
    12-05-14 12:38 PM
    OT: Forex Trading

Hey all would anyone be able to recommend a good and reputable FX platform to use in canada?
    12-05-14 12:45 PM
    Must have sorted things out.

Robot Check

The Passport gets 4.8 out of 5 Stars in 402 Reviews. Thats pretty good IMO.

Robot Check

Don't know where the "Robot Check" came from. LoL
    That is great. accessories are great too. this device is catching on for sure. Robot Check
    12-05-14 12:54 PM
    http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/5e693...#axzz3L3SoydB8

Bankers face BlackBerry dilemma as software is upgraded

Bankers are considering whether to break their longstanding love affair with their BlackBerrys as big businesses face the need to move to the latest version of the tech group’s core enterprise software.

BlackBerry is offering free upgrades to persuade banking clients that it is worth the move even as some still worry about the future of a Canadian group that once held a special place in the pockets of many in financial services.

The BlackBerry Enterprise Services 12 software, which launched last month, is crucial to the future of the company, according to Nick McQuire, analyst at CCS Insight. It will allow company IT departments to manage older BlackBerry devices as well as rival devices using software from Apple and Google.

Bankers were once inseparable from their BlackBerry devices but in recent years have migrated away from sole BlackBerry use and added smartphones and tablets from rival companies and some have abandoned BlackBerry devices altogether.

“If BlackBerry doesn’t stop the dripping away of business, it will become a [relic of a] forgotten era,” says Nick Russell, principal adviser in KPMG’s CIO Advisory team.

Mobile operators say that they were asked by corporate customers about other options ahead of last month’s upgrade, which is being offered for free until next year under BlackBerry’s “EZ Pass” offer. However, BlackBerry will soon start charging for the service, which means that it needs to be sure that its customers are willing to follow.

Ronan Dunne, Telefonica’s UK chief, says that concerns over the longevity of BlackBerry were causing corporate customers to reconsider their IT strategies.

“Most of the conversations are ‘what are the alternatives’. If they don’t have a line of sight for the sustainability of BlackBerry, it’s hard to see too many will continue to upgrade . . . if they don’t know what the road map is.”

Analysts say that the BES12 upgrade is a return to Blackberry’s business roots after a previous version tried largely unsuccessfully to take on the consumer market dominated by brands such as Apple. The BES12 upgrade is designed to unify two existing BES platforms.

John Sims, president of global enterprise services at BlackBerry, says that for regulated industry customers, such as those in financial services, the cross-platform BES12 was more than a small update — “it’s a major step forward in maximising and safeguarding their mobile environment”.
    morganplus8, rarsen, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    12-05-14 01:57 PM
    same BS over and over and over and over and over by these &*+?@#Ls reporters that blackberry going out of business.
    BES10 Hosted Wins Enterprise Service of the Year in Best in Biz Awards 2014 | | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    12-05-14 02:05 PM
    It's seems like they use the same format as the BB10 system and the hardware and now the BES 12. Just replace a few text here and there, add a couple of words, bam we have a new article.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 02:25 PM
    12-05-14 02:25 PM
    It is a biologic, but it is not a drug. Their Halozyme (if I recall correctly) is an enzyme that helps to break away extracellular matrix to allow other drugs to access the tumor.
    Awesome! So to bring us back on topic, Halozyme is like NantHealth. It gives the drugs (apps) a "secure" connection to the tumor (data) that we want to target (access).
    Not a perfect analogy, QNX become the extracellular matrix. LOL

BB10 4 ME
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    12-05-14 02:52 PM
113,256 ... 30113012301330143015 ...