View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Attachment 318525

Ok, thanks guys. A tad late but you did it!
    Now keep the pace quietly and hold your shares until the wind of fear blows... eventually
    Let the show begin.

Posted via CB10
    On only half the average volume of shares traded!
    12-03-14 07:47 PM
    Hail to all of the Nutty-Bunch!

I missed chatting with you fellas, as work has had its way with me the last few Months.
    The Mrs. Gave me the ultimatum to take a holiday, or else!

Here is proof; and to boot, there is ample evidence of wall huggers' in the Hawaiian airports too!

[Future insert of wallhuggers here]

Anyway, I have 2 weeks to catch up on the thread, so I'll try not to be such a stranger, and pull my weight a tad bit:

http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/12/bla...lt-not-useful/

This guy joins the 'experts of BlackBerry' rank of wizards, along with Faucette of missing the target. He may have a point about some apps that will need tuning to mate with the upcoming Classic, but to say that it may disappoint is a stretch, as the target users of this don't care about all those apps. The Bold 9900 success should have nailed that point. Geesh!
    I reckon that the Classic will outsell all previous bb10 devices.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 12-04-14 at 01:10 AM.
    12-04-14 12:59 AM
    Apologies. WiFi in this place is atrocious.
    I'll try to go down the hall and resend the pic in my previous post....
    12-04-14 01:00 AM
    Some bloomberg videos of JC date shows dec 3/2014 so its new!

John Chen: Unsure If BlackBerry Can Be Iconic Again: Video - Bloomberg

John Chen: `I'm Not Crazy' for Taking CEO Job: Video - Bloomberg

OT: But the interviewer seems like she wants some JC
    12-04-14 01:21 AM

http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/12/bla...lt-not-useful/

This guy joins the 'experts of BlackBerry' rank of wizards, along with Faucette of missing the target. He may have a point about some apps that will need tuning to mate with the upcoming Classic, but to say that it may disappoint is a stretch, as the target users of this don't care about all those apps. The Bold 9900 success should have nailed that point. Geesh!
    I reckon that the Classic will outsell all previous bb10 devices.
    I recall the BlackBerry dev from the PlayBook days. I didn't take his blog entry to be anti-BlackBerry, rather calling a spade a spade that we all suspect to be true.

The Menu button and the Go Back button will be inconsistent on the Classic because all BB10 apps to date were written assuming those buttons don't exist. The BB10 UI has different conventions to address the functionality of those two buttons. The track pad will have limited usefulness, namely for precision selection/clicking or for remote desktop type use where you need a mouse. Otherwise standard BB10 apps were developed with touchscreens in mind. BlackBerry is trying to add track pad functionality to core BB10 apps, but third party apps just won't have it initially or at all. That's all true.

If anything, the two phone buttons will be the most welcome addition. How many of you have been on the phone and had the screen lock on you or you switched to a different app while on the phone? Attempting to hang up the phone becomes a PITA. Dedicated phone buttons will solve that pain point. The existing pick up/hang up functionality isn't as efficient as two dedicated buttons. Hopefully BlackBerry adds such functionality as virtual buttons in a future update. (heck I think there are more places in the phone app that can use a little rethinking.)
    jxnb and ZayDub like this.
    12-04-14 02:12 AM
    Well, that was a useless tidbit of information.
    Well, I think we have to be able to take it also. We all revel in the multitudinous quips about the shorts and their impending demise. It's always around some corner or other, and every time there is a spike in the SP, we have pictures of babies holding fists at the shorts and challenging them to various fights to the death, along with all kinds of heroic and heart-stirring stuff. I think we also need to have a sense of humour and realism. We've been declaring them of their imminent and utter destruction for two years now...little tidbits or timbits of reality every now and then aren't so awful.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 04:54 AM
    Well, I think we have to be able to take it also. We all revel in the multitudinous quips about the shorts and their impending demise. It's always around some corner or other, and every time there is a spike in the SP, we have pictures of babies holding fists at the shorts and challenging them to various fights to the death, along with all kinds of heroic and heart-stirring stuff...
    Posted via CB10
    Why not? I think almost everybody here is hoping for a short squeeze. So why not having a little bit of fun by whooping a spike in the SP? It's mostly just an expression of joy and hope, not a loss of realism IMO.
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    12-04-14 05:23 AM
    Why not? I think almost everybody here is hoping for a short squeeze. So why not having a little bit of fun by whooping a spike in the SP? It's mostly just an expression of joy and hope, not a loss of realism IMO.
    That sounds great. I just happened to make a tiny comment - a little bit of fun - based on evidence...not at all meant to end all joy and hope...of course we are free to continue predicting the immediate annihilation of the shorts as often as we like!

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    12-04-14 05:58 AM
    If I had a dollar for...

Lol

BB10 4 ME
    12-04-14 06:00 AM
    And we are up in the pre-market. Not that that means anything.
    Lol

BB10 4 ME
    12-04-14 06:03 AM
    Well, I think we have to be able to take it also. We all revel in the multitudinous quips about the shorts and their impending demise. It's always around some corner or other, and every time there is a spike in the SP, we have pictures of babies holding fists at the shorts and challenging them to various fights to the death, along with all kinds of heroic and heart-stirring stuff. I think we also need to have a sense of humour and realism. We've been declaring them of their imminent and utter destruction for two years now...little tidbits or timbits of reality every now and then aren't so awful.

Posted via CB10
    Have you ever cheered for your sport team or your children? Now imagine every time you did, some jackass sitting next to you turned and said 'if I got a buck every time I hear...', what an @sshole right?

Besides, how did you know that what we said about shorts were not true to the extent that you were compelled to correct us with your reality? Short number did fluctuate and that fluctuation did affect the SP, so I see more reality in that than in what you said.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    12-04-14 06:10 AM
    7th minute and onward. I am sure this has been posted but, very important if some one is investing in this company. i rather listen to the company than these analysts.
    http://events.mediasite.com/Mediasit...ue&popout=true
    This ties in with the conference they are having today (and yesterday).

John Chen spoke yesterday alongside Nanthealth

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-lives-978846/

I hope there is a followup article on this or CB captures a video link to the presentation.
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    12-04-14 06:30 AM
    Have you ever cheered for your sport team or your children? Now imagine every time you did, some jackass sitting next to you turned and said 'if I got a buck every time I hear...', what an @sshole right?

Besides, how did you know that what we said about shorts were not true to the extent that you were compelled to correct us with your reality? Short number did fluctuate and that fluctuation did affect the SP, so I see more reality in that than in what you said.

Posted via CB10
    Again, I think the sense of humour can go both ways without too much drama. If it's a bit of banter that the shorts are always an ER away from utter destruction, it's also worth a bit of banter when the endless predictions of the coming of the Messiah turn out to be false. Again, I think the cheering and banter is great. I just think we also need to be able to take a joke in the other direction as well without getting bent into pretzels about it. I'm done.

PS - can't wait for the $100 party, and I honestly think that the shorts are certain of doom by the end of the month!

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 07:18 AM
    Morgan et al have a standing prediction for ~15/shr by year end. That's ~ a buck a week from here to new year!
    A) I hope the crystal ball is not clouding over.
    B) I wish I had the balls of steel required to jump on the possible 25-35% upside IF the prediction holds true.
    C) a lot of the increase could come after earnings IF bbry can post growth above breakeven!

BB10 4 ME
    12-04-14 08:05 AM
    Anybody know what options are in play today? Where do we see the MM pushing the share price to cover their calls/ puts?

BB10 4 ME
    12-04-14 08:11 AM
    Hey slipstream 89!

Thanks for those Bloomberg interviews.

Something is strange though. It would seem to me that those interviews date back to July 28 of this year. I have no idea why Bloomberg has reissued them dated today.

It seems that the only yet unpublished video is this one, but I could be wrong:
    BlackBerry CEO John Chen's Childhood

So, beware, as some have already issued news articles based on "old news":
    John Chen Thwarts BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Sell Talks - Insider Monkey

Cheers!
    12-04-14 08:34 AM
    12-04-14 08:37 AM
    Perfect example of what I just said.

The FP just published this, based on an interview that was done in July, but that Bloomberg has reissued for some reason dated as of today...

BlackBerry Ltd CEO John Chen says Western governments reliant on his firm?s phones wouldn?t allow Chinese takeover offer | Financial Post

BlackBerry Ltd. Chief Executive Officer John Chen said he wouldn’t be able to accept a takeover offer from a Chinese company even if he got one because Western governments that rely on his phones probably wouldn’t allow it.

BlackBerry shares jumped 8.5 per cent on Oct. 20, the biggest gain since June, after Benzinga cited an unnamed source saying Beijing-based Lenovo Group Ltd. could make an offer for the company.

“We probably are unable to do that,” Chen said in an interview on Bloomberg TV’s “Studio 1.0,” when asked if he would sell BlackBerry to a Chinese company. “One of our biggest install bases is government in the so-called Five Eyes countries where governments share intelligence. I think there will be a lot of regulatory issues and concerns.”

The Five Eyes is an intelligence cooperation agreement between the U.S., Canada, the U.K., New Zealand and Australia. Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry has focused on its reputation for security as it works to win contracts to manage mobile devices for corporations and governments. U.S. President Barack Obama, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron have all been spotted using the keyboard-equipped device.

Chen, a native of Hong Kong, did say last month that he’s interested in partnerships with Chinese companies to help increase BlackBerry’s presence in the world’s largest smartphone market. He made the comment at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation CEO Summit in Beijing, where he met with the heads of Lenovo and Xiaomi Corp.

Lenovo had expressed interest in a possible deal with BlackBerry last year before the manufacturer tried and failed to sell itself.

For now, Chen said he has no takeover offers on his desk for the US$5.8 billion company.

“Talk is not an offer,” he said. “I would prefer to build a lot of value before I even contemplate” selling.

Chen has said it has moved beyond the restructuring phase and aims to ramp up revenue from software to $500-million annually by next fiscal year to compensate for the steep drop in high-margin service revenue it received from its older devices.

BlackBerry also aims to generate $100-million in revenue from its BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) platform by targeting enterprise users and adding services such as BBM Meetings video conferencing.

While the company’s latest quarterly loss of US2� per share was smaller than expected, BlackBerry’s revenues continued to slip to US$916-million in the quarter ended Aug. 30.
    By the way, for those of you who are interested, the original interview was posted under post #69025.
    12-04-14 08:47 AM
    Hey slipstream 89!

Thanks for those Bloomberg interviews.

Something is strange though. It would seem to me that those interviews date back to July 28 of this year. I have no idea why Bloomberg has reissued them dated today.

It seems that the only yet unpublished video is this one, but I could be wrong:
    BlackBerry CEO John Chen's Childhood

So, beware, as some have already issued news articles based on "old news":
    John Chen Thwarts BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Sell Talks - Insider Monkey

Cheers!
    I think we all know why.....
    12-04-14 09:10 AM
    I think we all know why.....
    Short Squeeze?
    12-04-14 09:25 AM
    tweet from Dr. Pat Soon-Shiong an hour ago, (solvehealthcare)

Excited about our upcoming announcement!!
    12-04-14 09:40 AM
    tweet from Dr. Pat Soon-Shiong an hour ago, (solvehealthcare)

Excited about our upcoming announcement!!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b4bnozcimaa-het.jpg

12-04-14 09:48 AM
    Good morning gang! There's lots of great opportunities out there today, seeing most of the market is red. Hope everyone has a productive day!

Sent using my Q10!
    12-04-14 10:02 AM
    12-04-14 10:10 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-b4a60xniiaaguk5.jpg

forbeshealth‏@forbeshealth
    Patrick Soon-Shiong says of new Blackberry product: "You can take genomics to a new level." #ForbesRx

Covance‏@Covance
    Is Passport key 2 faster onc trtmnt? @solvehealthcare demos handheld cloud-computing device that provides real-time genomics data

Amit Jolly ‏@amitkjolly 3h hours ago
    #forbesRx we can determine which genes are asleep and which ones awaken in cancer. Data backed to the cloud
    12-04-14 10:31 AM
113,256 ... 30083009301030113012 ...