View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    12-02-14 03:50 PM
    BlackBerry stock did well. I'm holding this stock for long for sure. Quick question for some of the stock experts here. Can you folks look up Vasco (VDSI) and let me know what you think of that.

Appreciate all your replies.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 05:44 PM
    OT I am not at all an expert! but taking a quick look at this stock make me want to short it.
    BlackBerry stock did well. I'm holding this stock for long for sure. Quick question for some of the stock experts here. Can you folks look up Vasco (VDSI) and let me know what you think of that.

Appreciate all your replies.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 06:10 PM
    VDSI

Something to think about, this stock has beaten the market in its last four quarters.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 06:23 PM
    I'm hoping one of the experts investing in BlackBerry would be able to explain why the share price rose today? Been trying to better understand the stock market and have noticed that the price tends to rise on good news and fall on bad. So since today I didn't see any significant news either way. I wonder what the hay is going on?

A couple of other tech stocks I've been following. Both of which I find loosely related to BlackBerry's area of expertise (Wireless Technology) are in the green today. The first is SW (Sierra Wireless) and DWI (DragonWave). Wondering if there's any correlation?
    12-02-14 06:30 PM
    Me thinks it's just a matter of money coming available since end of November is year end for allot of funds...betting on tech stocks is likely more appealing than allot of segments as of late.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    12-02-14 06:44 PM
    But I'm no expert.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    12-02-14 06:44 PM
    I'm hoping one of the experts investing in BlackBerry would be able to explain why the share price rose today? Been trying to better understand the stock market and have noticed that the price tends to rise on good news and fall on bad. So since today I didn't see any significant news either way. I wonder what the hay is going on?

A couple of other tech stocks I've been following. Both of which I find loosely related to BlackBerry's area of expertise (Wireless Technology) are in the green today. The first is SW (Sierra Wireless) and DWI (DragonWave). Wondering if there's any correlation?
    the red and white passport unboxing got investors salivating
    12-02-14 07:07 PM

Tech is a better investment than energy (oil) stocks right now. IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 09:56 PM
    I've noticed also that BBRY stock doesn't always follow the tech stocks trends and like "Dracolnyte" mentioned the sales of BB PP are probably better than expected. Just saying and hope I'm right.

Z10 catch and release !!
    bungaboy and Heinz Katchup like this.
    12-02-14 09:57 PM
    Heinz

In the short term the stock market is a voting machine. In the long term it is a weighing machine.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 10:38 PM
    Well I'm in it for the heavy lifting !!

Z10 catch and release !!
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    12-02-14 10:43 PM
    Late night news ... juicy one ....

L.A. School District Officially Ends $1.3 Billion iPad Initiative in the Midst of an FBI Investigation
    source:
    L.A. School District Officially Ends $1.3 Billion iPad Initiative in the Midst of an FBI Investigation - Mac Rumors

The Los Angeles United School District (LAUSD) today officially ended a 1.3 billion education initiative that would have seen all students in the Los Angeles school district outfitted with an iPad, reports the Los Angeles Times. LAUSD superintendent Ramon C. Cortines clarified that the district was not going to use "the original iPad contract" anymore.

"We're not going to use the original iPad contract anymore," Cortines said Tuesday. "I think there have been too many innuendos, rumors, etc., and based on my reading of a great deal of material over Thanksgiving, I came to this conclusion.

"As CEO and steward of a billion-dollar operation, I have to make sure things are done properly so they are not questioned."
    Cortines' official statement comes just a day after the FBI seized 20 boxes of documents from the L.A. school district as part of an investigation into the district's contract with Apple. The FBI is reportedly looking into the bidding that led to deal, which would have seen the district spending $500 million on iPads and curriculum and $800 million on staff, improved broadband, and other expenses.
    12-02-14 11:00 PM
    Huuummm, interesting !!

Z10 catch and release !!
    12-02-14 11:09 PM
    Heinz - the technical indicators are turning positive so this is just profit taking by shorts. I doubled my calls just in time.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and Heinz Katchup like this.
    12-03-14 07:52 AM
    Slow day? OT

"It's time to take a moment of silence for Sony Pictures, because more startling revelations about leaked information just came out and employees are starting to panic. BuzzFeed raked through some 40 gigabytes of data and found everything from medical records to unreleased scripts. This is probably the worst corporate hack in history.

We already knew that the Sony Pictures hack was bad, but this is just absurd. BuzzFeed's discoveries include documents detailing "employee criminal background checks, salary negotiations, and doctors' letters explaining the medical rationale for leaves of absence." They also include "the script for an unreleased pilot written by Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan to the results of sales meetings with local TV executives." Better call Saul.

Meanwhile, Fusion's Kevin Roose is reporting on what exactly happened at Sony Pictures when the hack went down. The hack was evidently so extensive that even the company gym had to shut down. And once the hackers started releasing the data, people started "freaking out," one employee said. That saddest part about all of this is that the very worst is probably still to come. Hackers say they stole 100 terabytes of data in total. If only 40 gigabytes contained all of this damning information, just imagine what 100 terabytes contains. [BuzzFeed, Fusion]"
    http://gizmodo.com/the-sony-pictures...full+(Gizmodo)

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    12-03-14 09:51 AM
    sidhuk, thanks for the info, but I can't "like" that post. G_d willing none of those involved will harm themselves or others.
    12-03-14 10:07 AM
    Slow day? OT

"It's time to take a moment of silence for Sony Pictures, because more startling revelations about leaked information just came out and employees are starting to panic. BuzzFeed raked through some 40 gigabytes of data and found everything from medical records to unreleased scripts. This is probably the worst corporate hack in history.

We already knew that the Sony Pictures hack was bad, but this is just absurd. BuzzFeed's discoveries include documents detailing "employee criminal background checks, salary negotiations, and doctors' letters explaining the medical rationale for leaves of absence." They also include "the script for an unreleased pilot written by Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan to the results of sales meetings with local TV executives." Better call Saul.

Meanwhile, Fusion's Kevin Roose is reporting on what exactly happened at Sony Pictures when the hack went down. The hack was evidently so extensive that even the company gym had to shut down. And once the hackers started releasing the data, people started "freaking out," one employee said. That saddest part about all of this is that the very worst is probably still to come. Hackers say they stole 100 terabytes of data in total. If only 40 gigabytes contained all of this damning information, just imagine what 100 terabytes contains. [BuzzFeed, Fusion]"
    http://gizmodo.com/the-sony-pictures...full+(Gizmodo)

To date, non of this hacking has been through mobile. I guess it brings awareness though

Wonder who's firewall products Sony uses......... or should I say used?

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    12-03-14 10:09 AM
    sidhuk, thanks for the info, but I can't "like" that post. G_d willing none of those involved will harm themselves or others.
    Sorry my english is bad but, I just posted a news article. Which, the way I read it, points to the damaging effect of important information leaks . No only monetary but emotionally too.
    I heard too many times that data security is over rated. LoL

12-03-14 10:21 AM
    Sorry my english is bad but, I just posted a news article. Which, the way I read it, points to the damaging effect of important information leaks . No only monetary but emotionally too.
    I believe BBW "thanks" cleared all understanding problem

Back on topic, we are dancing on the $10.6 line with anemic volumes.
    I'm always afraid that shorts drag the SP down on low volumes.
    Interestingly, seems that two last days were not subject to this ... some investors may have found balls shields

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    12-03-14 10:29 AM

You did nothing wrong, as our Frenchy French friend explained.

That we know of

12-03-14 10:58 AM
    7th minute and onward. I am sure this has been posted but, very important if some one is investing in this company. i rather listen to the company than these analysts.
    http://events.mediasite.com/Mediasit...ue&popout=true
    12-03-14 11:33 AM
    I've been giving this a lot of thought.

Developing a platform means spending hundred(s) of millions of dollars each quarter on development costs (R&D) alone. When (if) they announce a Tizen phone you can at least double that amount to add costs for Marketing and Sales.

I can't see them going for this approach. They would be overspending for no good reason (?) as the threat of Google going at it alone as a hardware provider is gone now. They're the absolute leader when it comes to Android devices. Why introduce Tizen at this stage? To confuse consumers, possibly introduce an inferior platform, overspend on development and marketing costs to upset investors...?

I think 2014 will become a very interesting year for the smartphone industry. These are some of my predictions

1. Google and Samsung will settle with the Rockstar consortium
    2. Samsung will discontinue Tizen development

2015 prediction:

1. Microsoft will realize their strategy for the smartphone industry has failed and look for 'strategic alternatives'

Posted via CB10
    Let's see.. #1 and #2 partly done.. #3 underway

Edit: the above I posted Jan 30th...
    sidhuk, ibpluto, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    12-03-14 11:52 AM
    Ok guys, since this is probably one place smart investors come around to get fresh & accurate news, may I have a request ?

1/ Sign-in or login and complete the poll at the top of the page
    2/ Say "hi" !
    3/ Push above $11 and let's close on this !

FTR
    12-03-14 11:57 AM
    12-03-14 12:00 PM
113,250 ... 30063007300830093010 ...