View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Looks like some are starting to come out about the fact that it's hard make money producing windows phones. Huawei Head of Media Affairs: "We didn't make any money in Windows Phone. Nobody made any money in Windows Phone." https://t.co/D4NT0oZxDc

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    rarsen, bungaboy, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    12-01-14 05:26 PM
    Not sure if this was posted but I like these short videos showing off the Passport in different scenarios http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/12/...inkId=10927479

12-01-14 05:33 PM
    I think, the conclusion of the article adds a pretty good sense on how undervalued Blackberry is.

"Back in the 2005-2006 timeframe, BlackBerry was doing around a half billion in quarterly revenue and the stock was trading steadily at around $25 per share. This was right before the stock exploded into bubble territory, along with the rest of the market. Now the company is doing $1B in quarterly revenue, and the stock is trading at less than half its pre-bubble levels. At some point the analysts - especially those aligned with major institutional shorts - won't be able to fool all of the people all of the time, and will need to ascribe a reasonable P/S ratio to a company that is finally innovating again, and nowhere near going out of business. Based on the above analysis, I believe that time is coming VERY soon, and the big money clearly agrees."
    I don't understand the comparison? In 2005-2006 the company was showing quarter after quarter of significant revenue growth. The company was also consistently profitable. That was a clearly healthy, clearly growing, clearly profitable company that was dominating its segment.

Today the company has yet to show revenue growth in quite some time. They also haven't shown an actual profitable quarter in a long time. They are, at best, a few quarters away from showing consistent profits. That's if everything goes well.

So I don't understand how $25 is a fair value at all. If they post a $2 EPS in FY16, as they did for FY06, then I could understand. But isn't this SA poster getting just a little ahead of himself?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Kris Erickson likes this.
    12-01-14 06:25 PM
    I don't understand the comparison? In 2005-2006 the company was showing quarter after quarter of significant revenue growth. The company was also consistently profitable. That was a clearly healthy, clearly growing, clearly profitable company that was dominating its segment.

Today the company has yet to show revenue growth in quite some time. They also haven't shown an actual profitable quarter in a long time. They are, at best, a few quarters away from showing consistent profits. That's if everything goes well.

So I don't understand how $25 is a fair value at all. If they post a $2 EPS in FY16, as they did for FY06, then I could understand. But isn't this SA poster getting just a little ahead of himself?

Explain how whatsapp worth $22 billion and all of BlackBerry can not be worth half of that?
    http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/10/...ths-this-year/
    http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/10/...ion-last-year/

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 07:17 PM
    Explain how whatsapp worth $22 billion and all of BlackBerry can not be worth half of that?

Posted via CB10
    That would be a better question for Mark Zuckerberg. I think a lot of people are baffled over where that valuation came from. To app_developer's credit, we really do need to see some solid growth and profits before we can begin to think of reaching a proper valuation for BBRY.

The market is looking at BBRY and thinking "show me the money!" Once we can do that consistently, the rest will take care of it's self and the bears will no longer have a case. The promise of future profits just isn't good enough for a company that has gone through the trials and tribulations that BlackBerry has had.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    12-01-14 08:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because there was a buyer willing to pay $22B for it. If someone is willing and able to pay $X for something, then that thing is worth $X. FB was willing to pay that for a network of hundreds of millions of users. (Now if FB tried to sell whatsapp, they probably couldn't get $22B for it today. There's only one Facebook)

If someone is willing and able to buy BlackBerry for $11B then that's what the company will be worth. But it's hard to imagine why FB or anyone else would pay $11B for this company right now.

Maybe after they've shown some real financial success with their enterprise strategy. Cost cutting alone isn't enough. A few really positive quarters would change the story. I've invested in this stock before and I will again IFF they post a quarter or two showing that their strategy is working.

bspence87 likes this.
    12-01-14 08:16 PM
    I think that's a strong consensus of sentiment, it's also a marked improvement from this time last year too...things are looking up.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    12-01-14 08:27 PM
    John Tory, Toronto's new mayor uses a BlackBerry. Unfortunately he thinks you can't use Uber on it (anyone care to explain Snap to him?).

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/122...ith-john-tory/

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-01-14 11:22 PM
    We can't expect folks to know or care about Snap, as useful as it is. Device sales is the only way to improve the app situation over the long term, other than a deal with Google that a lot of people may not like due to privacy concerns.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-02-14 03:50 AM
    We can't expect folks to know or care about Snap, as useful as it is. Device sales is the only way to improve the app situation over the long term, other than a deal with Google that a lot of people may not like due to privacy concerns.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. The average person will use BlackBerry World and MAYBE Amazon. If it's not there then BlackBerry doesn't have it in the opinion of the majority of users.

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    12-02-14 04:35 AM
    Passport vids:
    http://www.bbin.in/2014/12/videos-se...erry-passport/

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    rarsen, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    12-02-14 06:36 AM
    John Tory, Toronto's new mayor uses a BlackBerry. Unfortunately he thinks you can't use Uber on it (anyone care to explain Snap to him?).

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/122...ith-john-tory/

Posted via CB10
    Unless of course, he is still on BBO7......

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    12-02-14 06:48 AM
    Reading material

Mobile device war in SA: Apple vs Android vs BlackBerry

No one should take statCounter Global stats seriously! I DO NOT believe they are 100% accurate, but I would like to point something out to the readers of this thread. The article above shows that Blackberry OS has lost its first place to Android, and the graph below from StatCounter shows the same results. Actually the second graph shows that they have lost that battle earlier then the article above shows us.

This in no way is a reason for someone to invest in Blackberry. Please do your own research or get financial advice from someone who is qualified. This post is for general discussions only.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-statcounter-os-za-monthly-201311-201411-bar.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-statcounter-os-za-monthly-201311-201411.jpg
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-02-14 at 08:54 AM.
    12-02-14 06:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    The reason the Amazon App World addition was so big was that it came on the phone right out of the box. I believe that BES Admins can stop you from side loading anything onto your BlackBerry device, and many do. With the Personal container side of BES now maybe that's changed someone tell me who would know (SF?)

We who have our own phones separate from a BES have a different experience from those who are connected to a Corporate account with ensuing use policies.
    12-02-14 08:32 AM
    With the Personal container side of BES now maybe that's changed someone tell me who would know (SF?)
    AFAIK, it's pretty simple. No APK in work perimeter unless provisionned by admins (and even then, I guess it has to be BAR converted. Not sure, will check).
    For the personal side, it's also based on policies. Admins can apply policy (soft->strong) or not to personal perimeter.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-02-14 09:53 AM
    Something a little more qnx & IoT related

"Car Insurers Promise Discounts to Monitor Your Driving" - http://bloom.bg/1zLhgJj

Insurance companies around the world are promising lower rates on car coverage. The catch is they want to install the equivalent of an airplane?s black box to track how and where you drive.

Smartphone applications and devices that record trip and vehicle data are set to infiltrate auto insurance at a rapid pace, bolstered by discounts of as much as 30 percent. Consultancy Oliver Wyman forecasts that car insurance using driver data to set prices will grow 40 percent a year to become a $3.6 billion market by 2020.
    I honestly think that smart watches are next with health insurance company's with HMO being affected. Be very careful stating illnesses or addictions (smoking) in your health apps and emails.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    12-02-14 10:04 AM
    Did you guys noticed that we are only 2 away from our 100 party ?

*cough* 100 voters party
    12-02-14 10:18 AM
    Be quiet SP in movement, $10.54 and climbing let's hope it get to $10.60 by day end.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-02-14 10:24 AM
    For fellow Canadians, what?

Canadians with too many wins in their TFSA are being targetted by CRA | Financial Post

Imo, the government is not handling well the TFSA stuff. Some of the rules aren't clear as is, this doesn't help.
    12-02-14 10:45 AM
    $10.60 up up baby
    12-02-14 10:55 AM
    Rookie say : "massive climb on anemic volumes, some must be pushing pretty hard while others are looking away (oil ?)"

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Superfly Say : *Roar* (muted - shhhh)
    12-02-14 11:00 AM
    MACD for BBRY is turning upwards, morgan prediction of a year end rally seems to be coming....dang that wizard
    12-02-14 11:28 AM

Canadians with too many wins in their TFSA are being targetted by CRA | Financial Post

Imo, the government is not handling well the TFSA stuff. Some of the rules aren't clear as is, this doesn't help.
    This is the reason why I'm going to liquidate all my positions in TFSA as soon as this thing starts going in the wrong direction. I'm not trading as often in my TFSA as I do in a regular trading account, but if CRA things that they can just do this (even though one takes all the risk of loosing it all and not be able to deduct the losses) than I'm done. I've already started looking into investing elsewhere as more and more I'm seeing how our government is constantly sticking their nose into everything. Vent over.

12-02-14 11:34 AM

Jokes....nothing like moving the goal posts half way through the game.

If you are not trading on behalf of anyone but yourself, your gains allowed should be unlimited. When I signed up for my account that was the understanding

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-02-14 12:17 PM
    From Business Insider:

I Rejected An iPhone 6 And Bought A Big, Square BlackBerry Passport Instead — And I Love It

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/reject...170900982.html
    12-02-14 02:08 PM
113,256 ... 30053006300730083009 ...