View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Interesting results. Although. The comments are full of hate. One guy is complaining that why did BlackBerry laid off his son? Etc. One guy had a bad BlackBerry 7700. Lol. I don't think that BlackBerry ever had a 7700 model?
    But all in all, this has rattled many people's tails.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141126_093522.png

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    11-26-14 09:38 AM
    This guy has been using Iphones for longer than 15 years. That's really impressive since they Iphone was first introduced in 2007. I think hes from the future....

Jim Russle

@Peter@Dragons I've always been more a blueberry man myself. LOL JK We've been using apple phones since oh, at least 15 years now so I like to stick with the good old fashinoned apple phone too
    11-26-14 09:54 AM
    Interesting results. Although. The comments are full of hate. One guy is complaining that why did BlackBerry laid off his son? Etc. One guy had a bad BlackBerry 7700. Lol. I don't think that BlackBerry ever had a 7700 model?
    But all in all, this has rattled many people's tails.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    This iPhone upgrade was a wonderful marketing job.

It made the nightly news in Ottawa.

I don't think many people that bought the iPhone6 will jump on this deal unless they really hate their purchase. However, people with a 4s that are bored of their phone and curious about the passport, this may seal the deal.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 317074
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141125_232431.jpg  
    11-26-14 09:56 AM
    Dear lord, the comments in that CBC thread really shine light on the ignorance of the general populous.....

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    11-26-14 10:24 AM
    I think the marketing for these new devices is a whole lot better than previous attempts. More effort for sure. I'm seeing more Blackberry adverts than ever before.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 10:28 AM
    Quality review/interview! We need to see more of these, sorry "they" the hipsters, need to see more of theses.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    11-26-14 10:32 AM
    Morgan+8!

Congrats on your big Post #75k! You earned that milestone And well done by this clever gang of tricksters for the set up. Priceless!

I literally started typing out and OT post yesterday about TGTX and had to run for a business call. I usually have to restrain myself from these OT questions / comments on biotech stocks as I don't want to disturb the other members of this thread or burden you. However, I was going to give you a quick shout out for the great call you made sometime back in June / July about the bullishness of TGTX. Boy am I glad I took your advice and held, as I recently unloaded half of my position at a 140% gain! I can't thank you enough for the valuable information you post here about BBRY and trading in general. I hold several other positions based on your recommendations over the years and I love the prospect in each of them (I do my own diligence before purchasing of course). None of them are close to what I hold in BBRY, but each is a strong company with enormous unlocked value and promising pipeline. TGTX was great to watch on the way up and I love that you drew the comparison to BBRY. I always thought BBRY would trade that way if it didn't have the shorts weighing it down, and I still believe we'll see a similar pattern (probably within the next 12 months). Lets just post that profit next quarter and we'll be on our way!

OT #2: Would you mind offering your opinion on XOMA? I've held it for a while and it looks like it might finally be turning bullish. I'd appreciate your thoughts.
    OT ALERT!! (Bunch of stuff)

Mr BBRY !!!

Yeah, about that 75k posting .................... I was played, you would think that our foreign friends, the fancy ones that know all about fine dining, wine and world travel would be cool, you know whom I talking about ....._dimi_, Superfly and other tricksters, well, I can give you a word of advice, they're not your friend. They played me yesterday, while I was busy plotting to play them, they counter played me and it stuck. Just beware of their kindness.

As for TGTX - good of you to stick with that one, it is having a powerful run and is likely to keep going in the weeks ahead. At $ 15.00/shr plus, you can take some off the table and look to purchase another play, so good on you.

My favs are ACAD first, HALO second, PDSV third and the "others" fall in behind those. The issue I have with XOMA right now is their burn rate, they have one year's worth of cash and need to go to market again to issue more stock. This is fine considering their pipeline, but, we are approaching an area of concern as my number one factor for any investment that it holds tons of cash on hand. I have never seen a company fail who has a ton of cash and no debt. So that is my only concern with that one, they are literally chasing their tails to raise cash to fund an excellent pipeline. It is one that could make it to $ 6.00 and then you see a 10MM share offering and it stalls out for months.

I would be a buyer of HALO today, it hasn't moved, they are worth at least twice their trading price as a starter and I see them rallying from here into the Spring. They have the same metrics as ACAD does, great pipeline, ton of cash, great financials and a management team that is getting things done. I see them announcing some important contracts soon.

The biotech sector has been hit with profit-taking this past couple of months but all of that is over, many are rallying today and the NBI and IBB Indexes are at all time closing highs. This sector is back. Good luck and watch out for those "nice" members on this board who are out to trick you. Just sayin'.

Oh, PS: You asked about shorting AAPL, I have shorted it 3 times so far and I only short the stock, I don't purchase put options for the trade. I'm not a fan of buying options, I prefer to sell them to others. I would short AAPL when the stars align with RSI over 70 and the charts looking toppy. I'm waiting to short it again soon and might post to this thread when the time comes as their products are so boring and out-dated.
    11-26-14 10:55 AM
    We will find out if this was a good move or not. From a marketing point (which some people post have said) its a good move.
    But for some reason this promo makes more sense towards enterprise customers. The program will run until Feb 13, 2015 and the EZ Pass program will end January 31, 2015, or sooner. I recall Home Depot switching to iphone and I truly believe this promo is targeted at the corporate world. Let the decision makers not have the question on their heads about what to do with 5000 or 10000 iphones they purchased, choose BES12 with ease. I do not believe this promo has anything to do with sales numbers or Christmas, but instead it is targeted to what John Chen has always said about not focusing on the consumer market.

OT:
    The most valuable teams in the NHL
    11-26-14 12:04 PM
    Hi Morgan!!!

You're welcome. Just so you know, #100.000 comes with the Windows phone that I promised to you some time ago!!! Aren't you lucky...

Now, on a more serious note Could we expect a move in BBRY similar to the one we saw in June? Right now, the stock is nowhere.. and volume is downright pathetic? seems it's being played by the hedge funds? If you were to make a forecast, when would you expect them to let BBRY lose, for a little while at least? Are we still looking to break through 10,80 USD on high volume?

Thanks!!!
    Mr BBRY, Corbu, La Emperor and 4 others like this.
    11-26-14 12:09 PM
    I really doubt those who voted fully understand the cost.

I bet 50% of these folks that "will switch" don't know they have to purchase the Passport.

We all know a huge % of iPhone users aren't all that smart....
    11-26-14 12:23 PM
    We will find out if this was a good move or not. From a marketing point (which some people post have said) its a good move.
    But for some reason this promo makes more sense towards enterprise customers. The program will run until Feb 13, 2015 and the EZ Pass program will end January 31, 2015, or sooner. I recall Home Depot switching to iphone and I truly believe this promo is targeted at the corporate world. Let the decision makers not have the question on their heads about what to do with 5000 or 10000 iphones they purchased, choose BES12 with ease. I do not believe this promo has anything to do with sales numbers or Christmas, but instead it is targeted to what John Chen has always said about not focusing on the consumer market.

OT:
    The most valuable teams in the NHL
    I think this is about JC trying to surprise with > 970M revs, > 2.4M handset sales, positive margin on hardware, and positive cash flow, at the Dec ER. (Combine the Black Friday sales promotion on the other handsets in this strategy.)

Oh...and of course an easy way to get 'free' advertising and people talking about the Passport. It's win-win-win. He is not losing $ on these sales (although Z30 at $230 USD might be close to cost....)

JC is taking some margin off the top in order to show revs have turned, and handset sales up Q/Q for 3 straight Qs. Show the metrics have bottomed and there is turn to growth. Show some positive EPS. Take away all of the bear stories they still cling to.
    11-26-14 12:33 PM
    And reading comment still thinks BlackBerry is like the 9700 they had in term of software. But a good deal to have a trial again.

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    11-26-14 12:33 PM
    11-26-14 12:39 PM
    Yes. It's like all these tenured academics are totally in touch with reality (Our Doc excluded) . . . not! Remember, these are the people that devised Robo-calling, nag emails, Google pop-up adverts, etc.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 11-26-14 at 01:13 PM.
    Mr BBRY, Corbu, La Emperor and 4 others like this.
    11-26-14 12:47 PM
    So in other words 1 out of 3 academics thinks this is a good move!

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1151 | Bell | via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    11-26-14 01:04 PM
    I think this is about JC trying to surprise with > 970M revs, > 2.4M handset sales, positive margin on hardware, and positive cash flow, at the Dec ER. (Combine the Black Friday sales promotion on the other handsets in this strategy.)

Oh...and of course an easy way to get 'free' advertising and people talking about the Passport. It's win-win-win. He is not losing $ on these sales (although Z30 at $230 USD might be close to cost....)

JC is taking some margin off the top in order to show revs have turned, and handset sales up Q/Q for 3 straight Qs. Show the metrics have bottomed and there is turn to growth. Show some positive EPS. Take away all of the bear stories they still cling to.
    I agree with you, but the current promo doesn't start until December 1, 2014. Which will not have any effect on the upcoming earnings. But like many have said its good advertising for BlackBerry. Also they have targeted the US and Canadian market only (for now) .

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 01:08 PM
    I agree with you, but the current promo doesn't start until December 1, 2014. Which will not have any effect on the upcoming earnings. But like many have said its good advertising for BlackBerry. Also they have targeted the US and Canadian market only (for now) .

Posted via CB10
    I has certainly got the iCrowd knickers in a iKnot on many Forums.
    11-26-14 01:15 PM
    Hi Morgan!!!

You're welcome. Just so you know, #100.000 comes with the Windows phone that I promised to you some time ago!!! Aren't you lucky...

Now, on a more serious note Could we expect a move in BBRY similar to the one we saw in June? Right now, the stock is nowhere.. and volume is downright pathetic? seems it's being played by the hedge funds? If you were to make a forecast, when would you expect them to let BBRY lose, for a little while at least? Are we still looking to break through 10,80 USD on high volume?

Thanks!!!
    Hi _dimi_ !!!

Glad to see you are still talking to me! LOL I do tend to slag you every chance I get, ... because you tricked me! Let's move on, oh yeah, hold that Windows phone too, send it to Maroon 5 if you need to offload it! LOL

BlackBerry is sitting in a good spot right now, we have news coming in 3 weeks and the stock is well above its 50-dma and trading on light volume telling me that the Mexican standoff between investors and the shorts is in play. In front of all that is a seasonal period when stocks tend to trade up on light volume. We are approaching the position squaring for many of our Funds, they will report full year returns to their holders at the close of this month and that means, profits, losses and poor showing stocks will be, or have already been, dealt with by the end of this week. After November closes, we get some nibbling at those plays that show promise for next year. We are already seeing biotechs move to the front of the pack, technology has done well too, so we can expect all stocks to begin something of a rally in the weeks ahead. Tax loss selling has occurred this year for the most part, BBRY is one of those stocks that can shine in this environment. The chart has been one frustrating one, I have tried to tell traders that when a stock like this one gets to an over-bought status, RSI > 70 (we hit 80 on the last rally), you could sell some stock and buy it back later. Because of the large presence of shorts still in this play, it is even more important that you are aware that the stock is going to get hit hard on any rally. So ideally, we want some really positive news, in the form of a solid quarter, to help move the stock and support it after a big move up.

Here is a chart, its confusing but it includes several events:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-nov-26-2014.png

(Note that inside this sideways pattern, there is a new chart emerging that is trending higher, the $ 10.80/shr resistant level is not in play any more, it became less relevant each time the stock price passed through it, ......... the upper line in that channel currently at about $ 12.50/shr ..... that is our new target for the next leg up here.)

Over the past 14 months we have been moving in a sideways pattern with a trend inside that channel having an upward bias. Each time we get above RSI=70 we are hit with some hard selling. We have stepped up the channel high/low range into progressively higher sideways action over the course of the year as the fundamentals are slowly improving under John Chen. A year ago, all we heard about is BB going under, today, we are looking at cash-flow even and a pile of money in the bank. The stock is set to challenge the recent highs in the mid $ 12.00/shr/US range on the next leg up. Can we get above that? It's possible but not as likely this time around as the shorts are still controlling the stock which is a surprise to me personally. I had factored in that they would be leaving this trade in favour of far more profitable ones in other sectors, I was wrong.

So now I see us moving to $ 12.50/shr in the weeks ahead, we will be above RSI.70 at that point and I expect the hedge funds to step in again. I also expect that we will see some great numbers in Q3 with Passport handsets above 500,000 for the period and increasing handset sales. I think last Wednesday I mentioned that when the Faucette led bashing, hit the market, that news ended the drop in the stock as they were going to use the news to cover their short position on this cycle. It appears that this was the case as we held the 50-dma and bounced from there. So now we need to base out here, get past November and start a slow rally into Q3 earnings. We'll look at it again when that data comes out! Best of luck.
    11-26-14 01:30 PM
    Yes. It's like all these tenured academics are totally in touch with reality (Our Doc excluded) . . . not! Remember, these are the people that devised Robo-calling, nag emails, Google pop-up adverts, etc.
    Haha....
    As an academic, I will add my 2 cents.
    Cash incentives can be seen as a desperate move, but that's not the case here.
    BlackBerry, also known as CrackBerry, is an addictive device. They know that they have some very good $hit, so all they need to do is to get people to try it. As any addict or dealer would tell you, once you try the Passport you will be hooked for life. If you believe me, go ahead give it a shot!
    11-26-14 01:35 PM
    These prices are similar to those provided by any random carrier trade-in program, it's just that bbry is specifically targeting iPhone users (likely with a view to enterprise). Two points: 1) bbry won't be losing much on this promotion assuming they quietly sell off all the Apple hardware to a third party, and 2) this provides an 'out' for those who may be regretting a recent iPhone purchase now that Chen has assured them that bbry will still be around for the foreseeable future....

Smart, not desperate, IMO. I guess everyone with a trade-in program is 'desperate', lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 01:37 PM
    IMO, this is how trade in works.
    customer buys the passport phone and tells the shopping cart that what kind of phone they would like to trade in.
    Customer still pays the full passport price at the check out.
    once customer receives the passport, customer sends the trade in phone back to the blackberry's "trade-in reseller partner".
    The trade-in reseller confirms the authenticity of the received trade-in phone with blackberry sales partner for the passport.
    Blackberry refunds back their $ part.
    The trade-in reseller will send their $ part.
    if the trade-in phone is not in the shape as it was promised by the customer then customer should still get the blackberry $ part but Trade-in reseller $s will be fluctuated, based on appraised value by the Trade-in reseller.

I dont see it working any other way. this is all speculated by me. so dont issue this as blackberry statement. LOL.
    11-26-14 02:31 PM
    I has certainly got the iCrowd knickers in a iKnot on many Forums.
    What have you done? now they are awake and spitting and stuff coming from their mouth. You are to much, thanks for the laugh. :

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bbjdog; 11-26-14 at 02:49 PM.
    11-26-14 02:34 PM
    and in other news.
    That Kia guy has gone Mental man!!!!!.
    reading his comments on the latest sa article. this trade-in program has got his froot-of-the-looms in a one way vise. LoL
    11-26-14 03:13 PM
    Kia is such a weenie.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    Mr BBRY and cjcampbell like this.
    11-26-14 04:22 PM
    and in other news.
    That Kia guy has gone Mental man!!!!!.
    reading his comments on the latest sa article. this trade-in program has got his froot-of-the-looms in a one way vise. LoL
    Anyone have the link to the article this is referring to?

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    11-26-14 04:56 PM
113,256 ... 29993000300130023003 ...