View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Some decent volume in the AH looks like someone sold 51,100 shares for $10.28 then someone after bought 78,353 shares $10.31
    This baby needs to continue back up!
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    11-25-14 03:45 PM
    11-25-14 03:48 PM
    OK. So please indulge me an OT post.

As BBRY supporters, we appreciate keyboards (though I love my Z30 and would have a Passport if Verizon would permit them). I'm working on a book manuscript -- but for my last two, my hands got pretty wonky with the continual strain. I decided this time to invest in a really great mechanical keyboard for my desktop -- and just got my DasKeyboard 4 Pro (brown) yesterday. It is nothing short of phenomenal. I can't say enough good things about it. It feels so decisive and responsive. If I were a car person, I'd say it was like, oh, I don't know. How about a Porsche? (not that I'd know exactly....) So I celebrate truly great keyboards -- and Verizon needs to get its act together for the Passport.
    11-25-14 03:54 PM
    Oh man this made me laugh my head off
    While I'm asking the moderators to ban _dimi_, Super-fly and the rest of you tricksters for life from this thread
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 6 others like this.
    11-25-14 04:06 PM
    OK. So please indulge me an OT post.

As BBRY supporters, we appreciate keyboards (though I love my Z30 and would have a Passport if Verizon would permit them). I'm working on a book manuscript -- but for my last two, my hands got pretty wonky with the continual strain. I decided this time to invest in a really great mechanical keyboard for my desktop -- and just got my DasKeyboard 4 Pro (brown) yesterday. It is nothing short of phenomenal. I can't say enough good things about it. It feels so decisive and responsive. If I were a car person, I'd say it was like, oh, I don't know. How about a Porsche? (not that I'd know exactly....) So I celebrate truly great keyboards -- and Verizon needs to get its act together for the Passport.
    Just Googled it. Besides the media keys in top right corner, it really doesn't appear all that different from every other keyboard out there.......

Posted via CB10
    jxnb likes this.
    11-25-14 04:06 PM
    Congratulations to the leader and the contributors of this great thread. I really appreciate the information that everyone has contributed . Thank you, and I look forward to many more milestone for this great thread.

Signed

Go leafs go!

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy, jxnb and 7 others like this.
    11-25-14 04:10 PM
    Congratulations to the leader and the contributors of this great thread. I really appreciate the information that everyone has contributed . Thank you, and I look forward to many more milestone for this great thread.

Signed

Go laughs go!

Posted via CB10
    FIFY.
    11-25-14 04:17 PM
    Yeah. It's really not about the feature set as much as it is about the amazing feel. Lots of other keyboards have more features - like some phones have more apps. I've tried tons of different keyboards. Most are serviceable to a degree. But given that I spend so much time keyboarding, it's just very important that I get one that is easy and great. This one's like butter -- but with a really gratifying click.

Just Googled it. Besides the media keys in top right corner, it really doesn't appear all that different from every other keyboard out there.......

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    11-25-14 04:22 PM
    This guy should use BBM instead!

Twitter CFO sends errant tweet about a potential acquisition.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitte...074700971.html
    11-25-14 04:33 PM
    I just confirmed that Verizon (here in the US) will carry the Classic, not sure if it was mentioned before. Also as an FYI, Verizon lowered their pricing on a 10GB data plan from $100 to $80 per month as of October 15th this year. However you have to call them to get the lower rate as they will not automatically adjust it and they will give you a credit for the past month if you complain.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    11-25-14 04:36 PM
    FIFY.
    This ^^^^is why I don't like to post here! Thought this was a respected place and loyal Leaf fans. Last post good bye.
    11-25-14 04:47 PM
    While I'm asking the moderators to ban _dimi_, Super-fly and the rest of you tricksters for life from this thread, I thought I would post a chart of TGTX which is really a stock that is free of hedge fund activity (key difference to BBRY), it has been trading sideways like BBRY has for a good part 2014, received some great news too, and it has managed to produce what I call a "typical bullish chart pattern" on good news:

Attachment 316894

The stock traded within a range like BBRY (BBRY = $ 9.00/shr - $ 10.80/shr), it made a new 52 week high, became over-bought (is right now) but it has managed to fulfill a trading pattern that we would have expected from BBRY.

With TGTX you have the good news (June), followed by a breakout of the channel, then it backs up, tests the breakout and dips slightly below support but later rallies to new highs correcting and rallying further. The stock is so strong and free of traders that it is working off its over-bought issue while trading higher! You would expect to see BBRY follow the same pattern if it were not for the short position today. This is the chart pattern that I think we will achieve in time, and those shorts will help get us there, so be patient!
    Morgan+8!

Congrats on your big Post #75k! You earned that milestone And well done by this clever gang of tricksters for the set up. Priceless!

I literally started typing out and OT post yesterday about TGTX and had to run for a business call. I usually have to restrain myself from these OT questions / comments on biotech stocks as I don't want to disturb the other members of this thread or burden you. However, I was going to give you a quick shout out for the great call you made sometime back in June / July about the bullishness of TGTX. Boy am I glad I took your advice and held, as I recently unloaded half of my position at a 140% gain! I can't thank you enough for the valuable information you post here about BBRY and trading in general. I hold several other positions based on your recommendations over the years and I love the prospect in each of them (I do my own diligence before purchasing of course). None of them are close to what I hold in BBRY, but each is a strong company with enormous unlocked value and promising pipeline. TGTX was great to watch on the way up and I love that you drew the comparison to BBRY. I always thought BBRY would trade that way if it didn't have the shorts weighing it down, and I still believe we'll see a similar pattern (probably within the next 12 months). Lets just post that profit next quarter and we'll be on our way!

OT #2: Would you mind offering your opinion on XOMA? I've held it for a while and it looks like it might finally be turning bullish. I'd appreciate your thoughts.
    11-25-14 05:30 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

UK, US behind Regin malware, attacked European Union networks | ZDNet
    Compared to Stuxnet, the state-sponsored malware whose creators have never been confirmed, the recently-discovered Trojan steals data from machines and networks it infects, disguised as Microsoft software. Exactly how member states of the European Union — there are 28 of them including the U.K. — will react to one of its own member states launching a successful hacking attack against their executive body, remains unknown. But while members of the Parliament and Commission staff have, over the years, seen the U.S. as one of the greatest threats to the region's data protection and privacy policies, they should have been looking a little closer to home.
    11-25-14 05:35 PM
    And l think we'll be attracting even more women who are looking for something else when we have our $100 party
    Not with this sexist attitude, you won't.
    11-25-14 06:52 PM
    Hey NAFB, I apologize if you or anyone else took my comment too seriously. It was said in jest after acknowledging the value of what women contribute to this thread. I realize it's difficult to see the sarcasm in text, but please try not to interpret things so literally.

That being said, I'm happily married and not interested in any attention that monetary gains will garner from women. However I do acknowledge that there may be a stereotype for certain women who tend to pay attention to men who develop wealth. I didn't say and certainly don't believe all women fit this description.

This is my only reply I am willing to offer on the subject. The good people of this thread have much better things to do than to read me defend the intentions and meaning of a light hearted post I made in attempt to make a joke. Chill out and peace out!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    11-25-14 07:47 PM
    Congrats on the milestone guys...well done.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    lcjr, Corbu, Superfly_FR and 3 others like this.
    11-25-14 08:31 PM
    Saying women is a target market is not out of scope when discussing businesses that have advertising engines in utilization. Pink smartphone covers are not made because men (well, most men) want them.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 and bungaboy like this.
    11-25-14 08:49 PM
    OT...some mind blowing awesomeness

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    wojciechp, lcjr, erbby and 5 others like this.
    11-25-14 09:01 PM
    @Shane, reminds me of the old days when we used to sit back in the evenings and exchange music videos. Good times.
    11-25-14 09:56 PM
    I also remember using my Playbook but as of lately it's been acting up. I'm really hoping BB comes out with another tablet this next year.
    11-25-14 09:58 PM
    @Shane, reminds me of the old days when we used to sit back in the evenings and exchange music videos. Good times.
    Some people really got on our nerves by complaining about after hour fun. Even though we really don't care. LoL

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    11-25-14 11:04 PM
    So I won't remove my place holder post to pull superfly into the 75000 post position. But only because you guys/gals are such a lovable bunch of utter-nutters!

BB10 4 ME
    11-26-14 06:44 AM
    Can someone with trading expertise advise of the best way to place a long term (1-3 years) short bet on AAPL?
    georg4BB, StormieTwo and bungaboy like this.
    11-26-14 07:19 AM
    Can someone with trading expertise advise of the best way to place a long term (1-3 years) short bet on AAPL?
    You would need to buy a naked put (options trade). I'm seeing options out to January 2017 FWIW. I'm no options expert, but the premiums seem hefty even at an $80 strike for January 2017 call, it's close to $5.

Maybe Morgan can weigh in on his thoughts on this premium for the options and if it's high (might indicate long term bearish view).

Disclaimer: be careful, understand your risks. Options are not for the faint of heart IMO.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    11-26-14 07:40 AM
    11-26-14 08:48 AM
113,256 ... 29982999300030013002 ...