View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I suspect a lot of people will feel that retracted messages and timed messages are not advanced enough features to have to pay for. I'm not sure what else is going to be on offer, but I do question to wisdom of making people pay for these features when BBM is struggling to broaden its user base. We'll have to wait to see the pricing and packaging options to be sure, but coupling these features with a bunch of others the average person doesn't give a toss about isn't going to be appealing to most BBM users.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    11-21-14 05:15 AM
    The thing is why would anyone one pay for BBM when Skype and others free, same mistake as before, get market share and then charge

Posted via CB10
    Why would anyone pay for apps when they have a free version of the app? Same story, free versions don't come with all the gimmicks the BBM comes with. If you believe that the app ecosystem is working then you should have faith in BlackBerry direction.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:27 AM
    Why would anyone pay for apps when they have a free version of the app? Same story, free versions don't come with all the gimmicks the BBM comes with. If you believe that the app ecosystem is working then you should have faith in BlackBerry direction.

Posted via CB10
    That's a bit of religious thinking, isn't it? It doesn't seem unreasonable at all to doubt the wisdom of charging people for retracted messages or timed messages. Timed messages are mainly used for sending naughty pics if we are honest...not too hard for folks to just stick with SnapChat there...we will have to wait for the details of all of this before making a clear judgement, but having 'faith' isn't a judgement ; it's rabbit's foot policy.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:38 AM
    Lol...indeed.
    Good night...but first please listen to this great song and remember to love your fellow man...except FAUCETTE....he can go fug himself.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    HE IS SO GOOD!

I hear Allman Brothers in that tune.
    11-21-14 06:49 AM
    That's a bit of religious thinking, isn't it? It doesn't seem unreasonable at all to doubt the wisdom of charging people for retracted messages or timed messages. Timed messages are mainly used for sending naughty pics if we are honest...not too hard for folks to just stick with SnapChat there...we will have to wait for the details of all of this before making a clear judgement, but having 'faith' isn't a judgement ; it's rabbit's foot policy.

Posted via CB10
    Chen said the likes of "I'm not here to give, I'm here to make business at a fair price"
    These features are essentially aimed to enterprises (see the videos, it's mostly about "my boss" etc). Let's wait and see how this is translated for consumers, I believe it's not ready ... yet.
    The bundle we might all think about is a global one, far beyond BBM alone ... and I look up to the sky
    11-21-14 07:00 AM
    11-21-14 07:08 AM
    Chen said the likes of "I'm not here to give, I'm here to make business at a fair price"
    These features are essentially aimed to enterprises (see the videos, it's mostly about "my boss" etc). Let's wait and see how this is translated for consumers, I believe it's not ready ... yet.
    The bundle we might all think about is a global one, far beyond BBM alone ... and I look up to the sky
    This is it. BBM in the enterprise will offer much more than in the consumer space. At least initially. At the Investor Day Chen said:

If you look at the BBM Meetings that Jeff has demo'd to you, that replaces WebEx. And I am not going to tell you what WebEx charges you, because we also use WebEx, although it won�t be for long. But I won�t tell you how much they charge you. But I could tell you $12 a month (for BBM Meeting) is steal.
    Also if you look at post 74819 by world traveler and former ceo, from yesterday, you will see an infograph showing what WebEx and others charge vs what BlackBerry charges. And you'll notice that $12 a month 'is a steal'.
    11-21-14 07:41 AM
    Bungaboy I smell something funny in this thread, it might be a troll! can you lend me your dogs?
    11-21-14 07:51 AM
    Yesterday an Inverted Hammer- Short-Term Bullish signal was triggered in Bbry. Lets see what happens today on Bbry.
    bungaboy and Andy_bb_king like this.
    11-21-14 08:19 AM
    because we also use WebEx, although it won�t be for long. But I won�t tell you how much they charge you
    So, Blackberry, itself, hasn't completely transitioned to BBM Meetings? I'm guessing most IT departments will wait and see how Blackberry's own service works out for them. The last thing they want is to transition over to something that turns out to be half-baked. That wasn't a wise thing to say.
    11-21-14 08:25 AM
    Bungaboy I smell something funny in this thread, it might be a troll! can you lend me your dogs?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-keep-calm-let-mods-handle-.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-21-14 at 10:39 AM. Reason: (was) Wrong quote ! Wondering what you guys understood lol :)
    11-21-14 08:29 AM
    So, Blackberry, itself, hasn't completely transitioned to BBM Meetings? I'm guessing most IT departments will wait and see how Blackberry's own service works out for them. The last thing they want is to transition over to something that turns out to be half-baked. That wasn't a wise thing to say.
    They couldn't do that until it goes public.
    11-21-14 08:31 AM
    The thing is why would anyone one pay for BBM when Skype and others free, same mistake as before, get market share and then charge

Posted via CB10
    Charge enterprise users. Not consumers.

It's not the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:42 AM
    Perhaps a Superfly can look up to the sky better than a donkey?

...I've seen the videos (they aren't likely to advertise enterprise employees sending timed pics of their private parts to one another), but anyway...I know what Chen has said, but one can't often design the battlefield...BlackBerry needs to deal with the battlefield as it is...again, we will gave to see how people react to the packages when they are announced and released. I can't express confidence in it until I actually know what it is.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:43 AM
    Hey Superfly, have you noticed that the sticker packs are picking up momentum now. This week it's been almost one per day.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-21-14 08:53 AM
    Hey Superfly, have you noticed that the sticker packs are picking up momentum now. This week it's been almost one per day.

Posted via CB10
    I thought that today we already have Two of them released and SF may be already playing with them? LoL

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    11-21-14 09:02 AM
    I thought that today we already have Two of them released and SF may be already playing with them? LoL

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    That's why he won't reply to my post!

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-21-14 09:11 AM
    Semi OT: Good read on experts and their forecasts.

Beware Experts Bearing Predictions ? Millennial Invest

Also as a side note, this site is great for young investors like myself. Definitely recommend others check it out.
    11-21-14 09:30 AM
    11-21-14 10:04 AM
    Anything for a Leafs fan. LoL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-redneckbirddogs.jpg
    11-21-14 10:05 AM
    I know this is not new but it's a weekend good reading material
    Blackberry Claim Construction Order
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    11-21-14 10:06 AM
    Semi OT: Good read on experts and their forecasts.

Beware Experts Bearing Predictions ? Millennial Invest

Also as a side note, this site is great for young investors like myself. Definitely recommend others check it out.
    What I would like to know is . . . who names them "experts"?
    La Emperor and CDM76 like this.
    11-21-14 10:11 AM

Posted via CB10

Unfortunately BlackBerry is under a market mandate to replace SAF revenue. Plus if BlackBerry were a startup the market would probably give BlackBerry some stupidly high valuation mjj
    11-21-14 10:21 AM
    but one can't often design the battlefield...
    But one can choose its battlefield.
    It's been 5 or 6 hundred pages since I did it, so I can quote Sun Tzu again :
    "He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight"

Edit : and for the "sky"; I'm more specifically looking at clouds - BES cloud
    11-21-14 10:24 AM
    Just to provide a market update, it's a bullish day on the markets today, with the S&P500 and the Russell 2000 small-cap index both up around 2/3 of a percentage point, while BBRY is up almost 3%.

Volume is pretty good and momentum looks strong. BBRY really needs to close in the black/green into the weekend. So far, it's looking great.
    11-21-14 10:30 AM
113,256 ... 29892990299129922993 ...