View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    11-20-14 01:19 PM
    So, does James Faucette upgrade dead horses and downgrades walking horses? Maybe someone can clarify this for me.

"James Faucette of Pacific Crest upped his price target on Palm's shares on Tuesday, boosting his target to $16 -- the highest on Wall Street -- from $9.

"We believe Palm's webOS is the most attractive asset in the wireless industry, but that it may be worth substantially more to a potential acquirer than that which Palm can realize through selling its own products over the next two years," he wrote in a note to clients. "

"HP has just announced that it's acquiring Palm to the tune of $1.2 billion, which works out to $5.70 per share of Palm common stock. The deal is planned to close by July 31, which marks the end of HP's third fiscal quarter of the year. Current Palm CEO Jon Rubinstein is "expected to remain with the company," though it's not said in what capacity. Press release after the break. There'll be a call to discuss the acquisition in more detail (well, we hope in more detail) at 5PM ET, so we'll keep you abreast as we learn"

??????????????
    Last edited by bbjdog; 11-20-14 at 06:14 PM.
    11-20-14 01:32 PM
    OT HALO:
    Hey Morgan I know nothing new has really been happening with HALO but it seems like it is nearing the end of its downtrend and heading toward oversold territory, do you think we will see a reversal soon or do you think the news from the last Q earning will overshadow the stock until we hear news?

Thanks!
    slipstream89 !!!!

OT ALERT on HALO:

I have a short-term chart for you which shows us just how lame this stock has become:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-nov-20-2014.png

For the past 3 weeks, we have been dropping along the lines of a downward channel, on light volume. There are 20 MM shares short in this stock and you can bet they are taking it down just like BBRY. If you listen carefully to their latest webcast, when asked about fiscal full year guidance on their cash burn the CFO stated that the range stands at $ 45 - $ 55 MM for the year as a whole but if they sign a contract it will drop below the low and if they don't sign one in time, it will be above the high. That tells me that they are very close to signing a deal with a major. I expect that news to hit in the weeks ahead and it has been pointed out that now that they have drugs approved in Europe and NA, they will see much higher signing bonuses. The second point they made was that they are seeing new pharmas contact them looking for a partnership. That's a big deal because they already deal with PFE, Merck and Roche so that leaves GSK as one of those or possibly Baxter? The point is, they are courting many big companies for a partnership this time around and this is solely because they are fast tracked through the FDA system on PC. I see them announcing a non-small cell lung cancer launch this year, possibly a breast cancer launch (early 2015) and who knows even Colon Cancer looks ripe here. In the meantime, they are seeing solid traction with their new drugs and the US has just launched as well. How long will the big three let HALO exist on its own, that's the question today. Their pipeline will become extremely active in 2015 but I believe we start our rally in 2014. As of today, my TGTX and PDSV are starting to climb, there are several others making moves as well.
    11-20-14 01:51 PM
    Big test for BBRY this hour. At 3pm the big sellers came in, dragging it down to 10.05. The daily RSI is now in oversold territory. We need to see confidence here in the form of a bounce, even a slight one into the close. By the looks of it, BBRY could be closing red 5 days in a row.
    georg4BB likes this.
    11-20-14 02:10 PM
    So it's a question whose numbers you believe and trust.

Chen's or *Faucette .

* 1.MS is the Lead underwriter of MOBL which is a direct competitor of BBRY
    * 2.Two years ago, I predicted BB10 to be DOA while I was working at Pac Crest.

If Faucette put that as a disclaimer then most wouldn't have trouble believing him. He maybe right and a year from will be vindicated, but I like my chances with Chen. He's stabilized the company and with all the partnerships and changes he's brought in, including a number ( 9 ) of key execs from SAP, I will take that anytime.

It's not a matter of believing. These are opinions about the future, nobody knows the future. In a year both of them could be wrong.

I guess this reduction to an act of faith is because the EMM software business is less familiar to the casual investor, so It's harder to elaborate even a na�ve opinion. Different from the smartphone business in which everybody has an opinion.

The CEO has incentives to show unfunded optimism. He built some credibility, now is the time to use it.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-20-14 02:11 PM
    Come on stock market. BBRY at $10?!?!? Chen has said the company is stable. Moving from stable to profitable is a much easier feat. Once the company hits profitable I'm sure the price of the stock will go up.

How many shortsellers could be left in this stock? Seems so risky when just a bit of good news could help a ton.

Also, I love the look of the Classic. I think that will be the device that the "dual" cellphone users grab to have along with their iPhones.
    11-20-14 02:21 PM
    It's not a matter of believing. These are opinions about the future, nobody knows the future. In a year both of them could be wrong.
    I agree, but Chen knows much more about BBs current situation than MS, that's for sure. He knows the current numbers.
    When it comes to Chens predictions, it's more a question of trust than believe. And Chen was totaly honest so far.
    Regarding MS, well, they "believe", because they really don't know. And they have opinions, for example that the Passport is bad designed...
    11-20-14 02:33 PM
    11-20-14 02:53 PM
    This is also worth while if not already posted.
    Blackberry COO Marty Beard presentation at FedTalks 2014 - YouTube

interesting conversation after 17:00
    Last edited by sidhuk; 11-20-14 at 03:23 PM.
    11-20-14 03:06 PM
    OT:
    Canadian businesses failing to respond to cybercrime risk
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/blogs/d...193841404.html
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    11-20-14 03:16 PM
    11-20-14 03:20 PM
    I've been silent on this MS discussion but no longer. I want to thank everyone who identified and contributed to the CORRECT conclusion the FAUCETTE is a paid shill with a very obvious conflict of interest and agenda. Well done!!! I can't believe that people place so much weight on that shills notes...what's his all time accuracy? Less than 30%??? Less than 25%??? Worse!! Everything this blow hard has said concerning BlackBerry has proven false...everything...not one thing has proven true...Yet, let's broadcast him as some Messiah.

Anyway, rant done.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    11-20-14 05:04 PM
    I know right? I've read some of the posts about it on the forums but I'm leary about downloading a leak or hybrid since the official version isn't that far away. Anyone have any thoughts?

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    I read the bugs on the latest 10.3.X leaks and went with the latest 10.2.1 leak.

That's what I would do till 10.3.x is near flawless.

Posted via CB10
    helopilot06 likes this.
    11-20-14 05:07 PM
    I read the bugs on the latest 10.3.X leaks and went with the latest 10.2.1 leak.

That's what I would do till 10.3.x is near flawless.

Posted via CB10
    OT:

I have none of the "bugs" on 10.3.1.1151 except Blend doesn't work. Running on Q5, Q10, Z10 and Z30. Loaded Blitz file using Sachesi 2.0 RC
    helopilot06, Corbu and Mr BBRY like this.
    11-20-14 05:17 PM
    OT:

I have none of the "bugs" on 10.3.1.1151 except Blend doesn't work. Running on Q5, Q10, Z10 and Z30. Loaded Blitz file using Sachesi 2.0 RC
    Well with my luck so far having already stuck my sim card in upside down and got it stick then removed etc lol, I think I'll wait for the release haha

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    11-20-14 05:28 PM
    Same here with my Z10 no bugs
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-untitled.png
    OT:
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-20-14 05:34 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c0006e212_1c0148f0-710c-11e4-9b1e-0200ac17785d.jpeg

acc...
    spike12, bungaboy, lech31 and 10 others like this.
    11-20-14 05:38 PM
    I've been silent on this MS discussion but no longer. I want to thank everyone who identified and contributed to the CORRECT conclusion the FAUCETTE is a paid shill with a very obvious conflict of interest and agenda. Well done!!! I can't believe that people place so much weight on that shills notes...what's his all time accuracy? Less than 30%??? Less than 25%??? Worse!! Everything this blow hard has said concerning BlackBerry has proven false...everything...not one thing has proven true...Yet, let's broadcast him as some Messiah.

Anyway, rant done.

You know what makes me sick to my stomach, its the Globe and Mail picks this **** up and writes an article about it. They should have stayed with the mail services. Just like this ****!

"Few instant messaging companies outside Asia have proven they can deliver big, sustainable revenues, and BBM is quickly becoming an also-ran in the space, far outpaced by much larger rivals WhatsApp, Snapchat and even cross-town Kik Interactive."

Does anyone do any research at all! I would really like to know the settlement details with Kik messaging! I think it might have been a licensing agreement, if that's the case good work Blackberry.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 11-20-14 at 06:05 PM.
    11-20-14 05:54 PM
    Well, admitting they were wrong after being "shown the facts".

But Chen says 10 million devices, no?

Is BlackBerry Actually Going To Save $800 Million In Intellectual Property Costs?

Summary
    •It appears BlackBerry will save approximately $800 million in intellectual property costs versus FY2014 levels, although the effect is approximately $300 million annualized when measured against Q2 FY2015 levels.
    •BlackBerry hardware gross margins are estimated at between 14% to 19% for the first two quarters of FY2015, excluding inventory charges and the fixed intellectual property costs.
    •This is consistent with the hardware gross margins of brands that are strong in the developing world. Passport and Classic sales will likely boost gross margins.
    •Based on a more detailed look at hardware gross margins, it appears likely that BlackBerry can reach profitability at 13-14 million units, rather than the 17.5 million I mentioned before.

Is BlackBerry Actually Going To Save $800 Million In Intellectual Property Costs? - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    11-20-14 05:55 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C0006E212_1c0148f0-710c-11e4-9b1e-0200ac17785d.jpeg 
Views:	1018 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	315868

acc...
    What good is that, the leafs are not doing that good. They are pissing me off and I can't brag about them to Bungaboy.
    11-20-14 06:00 PM
    What good is that, the leafs are not doing that good. They are pissing me off and I can't brag about them to Bungaboy.
    LoL....

bungaboy likes this.
    11-20-14 06:02 PM
    The Leafs might be disappointing fans as per usual. But the Raptors are on a rolll!!
    11-20-14 06:14 PM
    You guys are being way too kind. In my opinion MS ordered Faucette to carry out a drive-by because Chen made comments about Mobileiron and Good having to work for a living, and they wanted to make sure to let everyone know who controls the share price for options expiration. The market is a very long way from being 'free'. But once you figure out the game, it gives you good entry points. It's almost time to get in. I'm going to start buying calls again soon...didn't get enough the last time.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:15 PM
    Any of these names familiar?

Attachment 315793
    Out of curiosity, I did a quick research on the above names, to determine their number of shares held as institutional investors, as of 09/30/14:

Results:

Barclays 416,841
    DB 752,459
    GS 1,394,977
    MS 2,230,067
    Nomura 871,791
    Raymond 27,371
    Stifel 35,900

Of note, Credit Suisse sold out of their 2,033,206 shares position as of the end of that period.

Source: BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Institutional Ownership & Holdings - NASDAQ.com

Cheers!
    11-20-14 06:17 PM
    I agree that Mr. Fauckhead smells fishy.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:20 PM
113,256 ... 29872988298929902991 ...