Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    11-20-14 10:10 AM
    Damm, I'm out of 'thanks".
    2 above were needed, let's move on ... (up & back on topic, may I dare) !

11-20-14 10:12 AM
    Morgan Stanley received over $107 Billion bailouts in 2008 which means they are actually a bankrupt enterprise, save for the graces of US taxpayers. See any major fines? See anyone in orange jumpsuits? Why not?!?! They CAUSED the financial meltdown (along with their criminal ilk), and nothing has been done.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 10:24 AM
    yesterday when i looked at the numbers from Faucette and i thought for a second that something doesnt add and then got busy in something else. but fair enough, others have nailed it too. here.
    " Faucette on 2016: 6.5m BES subscribers paying $8/month!
    I'm rubbing my eyes, trying to figure out why investors aren't jumping with joy over Faucette's predictions.
    See: BlackBerry: Morgan Stanley Cuts to Sell on Unrealistic Expectations - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

"Rather, Faucette thinks BlackBerry will end 2016 with just 6.5 million enterprise subscribers paying only $8 per month. He thinks the company may struggle to sign messaging subscribers because, as he sees it, 'new BlackBerry messaging product features largely match what is already available from other suppliers for free—we are not sure that even 1-2% of the existing BBM base will be willing to pay $12/month for the BlackBerry equivalent of FaceTime.' ”

So, let's do the math on this.
    1. 6.5 million X $8 = $52 million per month. This = $156 per quarter.

2. $52 million X 12 months = $624 million.

Faucette frames his prediction as a pessimistic reduction of BlackBerry's hopeful forecast. However, $624 million is $24 million greater than the $600 million that Chen actually forecast. ($500m for software, and $100m for BBM.) So, how can we explain Faucette's odd argument? The answer lies near the beginning of the following paragraph, where Faucette somehow thinks that BB's argument last Thursday implied that the incremental BES and BBM revenue meant BlackBerry hoped to exit FY 2016 with BES software + BBM revenue totalling $800m to $1 billion. There is something maddeningly crazy in all this. I mean, come on! Faucette actually announced to the world that Chen will exceed his own expectations, and yet this was framed as a downgrade?!

We believe that the market has largely valued the company based on the assumption that BlackBerry will generate an incremental $250mm in software revenue and an incremental $100mm in messaging revenue during FY16, consistent with the targets set out by BlackBerry CEO John Chen (from roughly $0 today). That kind of ramp implies that the company will exit FY16 (approximately 15 months from today) with new software and messaging revenue on an $800M-$1B annualized run rate. In order to hit that level, if the company hits its recently stated objective of collecting $9/month from enterprise subscribers for secure mobile management and roughly $12/month from messaging, we estimate that the company will need to exit FY16 with roughly 8-10M enterprise subs and another 1M-2M messaging subs. Just on the enterprise subs, that 8-10M subs implies that BlackBerry will not only successfully retain (or recapture) roughly its entire existing enterprise subscriber base—plus more—it will also convince that subscriber base to increase by roughly 3x how much it is paying BlackBerry today.

Again, why on earth should an implied prognosis trump Chen's actual nuts and bolts hope to increase software revenue from $250m to $500m, and to create $100m in revenue via a variety of BBM servcies? Why would Faucette need to ramp these totals up by another $200 to $400 million?

"

BlackBerry ( BBRY ) stock message board and forum - Bullboard Discussion - Stockhouse Community
    11-20-14 10:25 AM
    11-20-14 10:27 AM
    Faucette is a fraudster working for a criminal enterprise that stole American tax money. They can't sue me for saying this if it's true, lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 10:32 AM
    BBRY not looking good right now on the NASDAQ. Breaking below previous support level. Granted volume isn't heavy so there's still room to bounce. Watching this one closely as it needs to close into the weekend strong.
    11-20-14 10:44 AM
    Faucette is a fraudster working for a criminal enterprise that stole American tax money. They can't sue me for saying this if it's true, lol.

Posted via CB10
    If we are going to be truthful they did not "steal" the money. That would imply they took the money and didn't give it back. It was in fact a loan and was paid back in June of 2009. With interest.

U.S. Gets TARP Payback From 10 Banks - WSJ

I am no fan of what happened here in the States in 2008, nor of Mr Faucette. I am not sure what purpose calling them names serves. Let the facts speak for themselves, if you are doing your homework (see the posts above where they rebut Mr. Faucette's arguments), then you are ahead of the game.

Buyer and sellers make markets. If he wants to sell and you want to buy, perfect.
    11-20-14 10:53 AM
    If we are going to be truthful they did not "steal" the money. That would imply they took the money and didn't give it back. It was in fact a loan and was paid back in June of 2009. With interest.

U.S. Gets TARP Payback From 10 Banks - WSJ

I am no fan of what happened here in the States in 2008, nor of Mr Faucette. I am not sure what purpose calling them names serves. Let the facts speak for themselves, if you are doing your homework (see the posts above where they rebut Mr. Faucette's arguments), then you are ahead of the game.

Buyer and sellers make markets. If he wants to sell and you want to buy, perfect.
    But, they never paid back the hundreds of millions of people who lost considerable amounts due to their fraud, deceit and manipulation, Did they?
    Heinz Katchup and Greened like this.
    11-20-14 11:05 AM
    Well I just added more shares on the dip. Let's hope it doesn't keep dropping like a rock.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    11-20-14 11:06 AM
    Senate panel - Morgan Stanley is one of the banks that stole your money by manipulating oil and metals prices higher:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...ator-says.html

To the poster above, control fraud is criminal, as is market manipulation. Read Barofsky if you want the truth about TARP. The loan repayment is the least of what they owe (and stole from)the US taxpayer.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 11:08 AM
    Attachment 315784

Morgan Stanley have more than 1 Million share of MobileIron! Coincidence?
    Any of these names familiar?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-11-20-1.08.03-pm.png
    11-20-14 11:11 AM
    I strongly think Blackberry should complain to the SEC for:
    conflict of interest Morgan Stanley is the lead IPO underwriter for MobileIron,and they own more than 1.4 million shares of MobileIron
    Lies fuzzy math from faucette only intended to ruin.
    yesterday when i looked at the numbers from Faucette and i thought for a second that something doesnt add and then got busy in something else. but fair enough, others have nailed it too. here.
    I'm rubbing my eyes, trying to figure out why investors aren't jumping with joy over Faucette's predictions.
    See: BlackBerry: Morgan Stanley Cuts to Sell on Unrealistic Expectations - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

"Rather, Faucette thinks BlackBerry will end 2016 with just 6.5 million enterprise subscribers paying only $8 per month. He thinks the company may struggle to sign messaging subscribers because, as he sees it, 'new BlackBerry messaging product features largely match what is already available from other suppliers for free—we are not sure that even 1-2% of the existing BBM base will be willing to pay $12/month for the BlackBerry equivalent of FaceTime.' ”

Faucette frames his prediction as a pessimistic reduction of BlackBerry's hopeful forecast. However, $624 million is $24 million greater than the $600 million that Chen actually forecast. ($500m for software, and $100m for BBM.) So, how can we explain Faucette's odd argument? The answer lies near the beginning of the following paragraph, where Faucette somehow thinks that BB's argument last Thursday implied that the incremental BES and BBM revenue meant BlackBerry hoped to exit FY 2016 with BES software + BBM revenue totalling $800m to $1 billion. There is something maddeningly crazy in all this. I mean, come on! Faucette actually announced to the world that Chen will exceed his own expectations, and yet this was framed as a downgrade?!

We believe that the market has largely valued the company based on the assumption that BlackBerry will generate an incremental $250mm in software revenue and an incremental $100mm in messaging revenue during FY16, consistent with the targets set out by BlackBerry CEO John Chen (from roughly $0 today). That kind of ramp implies that the company will exit FY16 (approximately 15 months from today) with new software and messaging revenue on an $800M-$1B annualized run rate. In order to hit that level, if the company hits its recently stated objective of collecting $9/month from enterprise subscribers for secure mobile management and roughly $12/month from messaging, we estimate that the company will need to exit FY16 with roughly 8-10M enterprise subs and another 1M-2M messaging subs. Just on the enterprise subs, that 8-10M subs implies that BlackBerry will not only successfully retain (or recapture) roughly its entire existing enterprise subscriber base—plus more—it will also convince that subscriber base to increase by roughly 3x how much it is paying BlackBerry today.

Again, why on earth should an implied prognosis trump Chen's actual nuts and bolts hope to increase software revenue from $250m to $500m, and to create $100m in revenue via a variety of BBM servcies? Why would Faucette need to ramp these totals up by another $200 to $400 million?

"

BlackBerry ( BBRY ) stock message board and forum - Bullboard Discussion - Stockhouse Community
    11-20-14 11:16 AM
    Well I just added more shares on the dip. Let's hope it doesn't keep dropping like a rock.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    BBRY looks like it's getting good support here. The next level support is at $9.32 and I'd be very surprised if BBRY gets dragged down that low. Current pivot point is $10.71 so, for me, $11 is still the key figure that I want to see shares traded at as we head into Q3 earnings a month away.
    georg4BB and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-20-14 11:16 AM
    But, they never paid back the hundreds of millions of people who lost considerable amounts due to their fraud, deceit and manipulation, Did they?
    Senate panel - Morgan Stanley is one of the banks that stole your money by manipulating oil and metals prices higher:

Wall Street Used Commodities Storage, Tankers for Unfair Gain, Senate Panel Finds - Bloomberg

Posted via CB10
    The statement was they "...stole American tax money" am I missing something in these replies that contradicts my contention that they did not?

You are replying to statements I did not make in defense of an indefensible company.
    11-20-14 11:27 AM
    The statement was they "...stole American tax money" am I missing something in these replies that contradicts my contention that they did not?

You are replying to statements I did not make in defense of an indefensible company.
    They CAUSED the financial collapse and subsequent economic downturn while lining their own pockets. The taxpayer is the one who underwrites ALL of their so called gains, by NOT forcing their representatives to go after the criminality. The proof that they owe more to the taxpayer is measured by the lack of orange jumpsuits. Laws were, and still are being clearly broken, the amount of enforcement is a subject of negotiation.

Posted via CB10
    Heinz Katchup and bungaboy like this.
    11-20-14 11:36 AM
    Its very interesting to know how Morgan Stanley manipulate teh information.
    11-20-14 11:41 AM
    Man, what a band of crooks and liars
    Any of these names familiar?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 1.08.03 PM.png 
Views:	1252 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	315793
    11-20-14 11:43 AM

Well, the reason is pretty obvious. The new revenue coming from BES12 will start just in FY16 Q1 from $0, and It'll grow during the year. So to get the $500 million BlackBerry needs a higher annual run-rate at the end of the period.

People should criticize the argument and stop getting into conspiracy theories. Can BlackBerry generate $500 million of software revenue in FY16? It would be nice, but I'm not so sure.
    randall2580 and mornhavon like this.
    11-20-14 11:54 AM
    I strongly think Blackberry should complain to the SEC for:
    conflict of interest Morgan Stanley is the lead IPO underwriter for MobileIron,and they own more than 1.4 million shares of MobileIron
    Lies fuzzy math from faucette only intended to ruin.
    The ugly thing about it: It's not only about stock manipulation. They want to get rid of a competitor of their prot�g�.
    They will create damage whenever possible, to make Chens live harder.
    11-20-14 11:59 AM
    Well, the reason is pretty obvious. The new revenue coming from BES12 will start just in FY16 Q1 from $0, and It'll grow during the year. So to get the $500 million BlackBerry needs a higher annual run-rate at the end of the period.

People should criticize the argument and stop getting into conspiracy theories. Can BlackBerry generate $500 million of software revenue in FY16? It would be nice, but I'm not so sure.
    So it's a question whose numbers you believe and trust.

Chen's or *Faucette .

* 1.MS is the Lead underwriter of MOBL which is a direct competitor of BBRY
    * 2.Two years ago, I predicted BB10 to be DOA while I was working at Pac Crest.

If Faucette put that as a disclaimer then most wouldn't have trouble believing him. He maybe right and a year from now will be vindicated, but I like my chances with Chen. He's stabilized the company and with all the partnerships and changes he's brought in, including a number ( 9 ) of key execs from SAP, I will take that anytime.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 11-20-14 at 02:06 PM.
    11-20-14 12:17 PM

"

Great work, Sid! Now that's the way to analyze some research reports and crunch some meaningful numbers! I think your onto something here and deserve a virtual beer for your efforts. Mind if we all join you?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    11-20-14 12:40 PM
    Morgan Stanley is also underwriting the ipo for BlackBerry competitor Good Technology, along with other notables:

Mobile security company Good Technology files for long-awaited IPO

"The documents lists Morgan Stanley, Barclays Capital, Merrill Lynch, Citigroup Global Markets, and Oppenheimer as the underwriters for this initial public offering."

Mobile security company Good Technology files for long-awaited IPO | VentureBeat | Business | by Kia Kokalitcheva
    bungaboy, rarsen and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-20-14 12:59 PM
    OT HALO:
    Hey Morgan I know nothing new has really been happening with HALO but it seems like it is nearing the end of its downtrend and heading toward oversold territory, do you think we will see a reversal soon or do you think the news from the last Q earning will overshadow the stock until we hear news?

Thanks!
    leafs123 likes this.
    11-20-14 01:03 PM
113,256 ... 29862987298829892990 ...