View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Former BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins, discusses his new role as CEO of Powermat Technologies and the performance of new BlackBerry CEO John Chen.
    I wonder if he (Thorsten) still uses a Blackberry
    CDM76 and anon(4086547) like this.
    11-18-14 12:35 PM
    University of Waterloo Events � 2014 � November �

An Interactive Conversation with BlackBerry CEO John Chen
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 - 10:30 am

https://uwaterloo.ca/events/events/i...-ceo-john-chen
    11-18-14 12:37 PM
    Powermat: Evolution of wireless charging - NBC News

Former BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins, discusses his new role as CEO of Powermat Technologies and the performance of new BlackBerry CEO John Chen.
    I don't have any respect for this guy, he had a big incentive (bonus) for selling the company and he would have even broken it into pieces if it was necessary, he just was not able to do it. I believe much of the bad news, delays failure during his command was done on purpose to drive the stock down and make the sale happen... maybe I'm just another guy with a tin foil hat but that's my opinion... and the worst is that he still got a fat bonus...

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 12:39 PM
    Powermat: Evolution of wireless charging - NBC News

Corbu !!!!

THANK YOU !
    Right on time & very helpful for this : http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...s-read-975114/
    11-18-14 12:47 PM
    I don't have any respect for this guy, he had a big incentive (bonus) for selling the company and he would have even broken it into pieces if it was necessary, he just was not able to do it. I believe much of the bad news, delays failure during his command was done on purpose to drive the stock down and make the sale happen... maybe I'm just another guy with a tin foil hat but that's my opinion... and the worst is that he still got a fat bonus...

Posted via CB10
    You drink too much "savingblackberry" liquids lol
    11-18-14 12:48 PM
    there was a good Bloomberg interview with him today and he spoke frankly about his time at BlackBerry I have been watching for it and will post if I see it and one of the regulars here don't beat me to it.

The Anchor asked if he was still BlackBerry loyal and he said YES! Nothing else for him. She asked if he was going to buy a Classic - he said no (appropriate pause) ...he bought a Passport. :-)
    La Emperor, CDM76, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    11-18-14 01:09 PM
    there was a good Bloomberg interview with him today and he spoke frankly about his time at BlackBerry I have been watching for it and will post if I see it and one of the regulars here don't beat me to it.

The Anchor asked if he was still BlackBerry loyal and he said YES! Nothing else for him. She asked if he was going to buy a Classic - he said no (appropriate pause) ...he bought a Passport. :-)
    There we go:
    Powermat CEO Heins on Growth Strategy, BlackBerry: Video - Bloomberg
    11-18-14 01:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure if it was intentional. Surely he would have made more money and been more successful in the long run had he actually turned BlackBerry around. I think he just made extremely poor decisions and had no clue about the company's strengths.

And to the comment abt him getting the Classic - of course not! He was adamantly against reintroducing the toolbelt - another indication of how clueless and incompetent he really was.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 01:41 PM
    The horse left the barn a year ago.
    11-18-14 01:54 PM
    Nice interview.

She'll need a powermat to keep her sweater charged!
    sidhuk, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    11-18-14 02:05 PM
    She'll need a powermat to keep her sweater charged!
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-18-14 02:14 PM
    11-18-14 02:21 PM
    Hey Morgan, any thought or analysis on the BlackBerry stock price action as of late? I believe I recall you expecting it to settle in the mid 11s range...I see we just touched 10.70s today and wanted your thoughts on a possible entry point.

Thanks as always

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    11-18-14 02:26 PM
    Hey Morgan, any thought or analysis on the BlackBerry stock price action as of late? I believe I recall you expecting it to settle in the mid 11s range...I see we just touched 10.70s today and wanted your thoughts on a possible entry point.

Thanks as always

ZayDub !!

At the time I stated that, we weren't open for trading (Friday morning) and I didn't want anyone buying the stock above $ 12.00/shr. The last thing I wanted to see, was a number of excited investors coming off Thursday and thinking we were going higher! The stock made it to $ 12.20/shr and dropped fast from there so I could tell that it was going to be on the defensive the rest of the day. If you had looked at $ 11.50/shr as I suggested, there were few attempts, if any, to rally any distance. It was clear that the modest amount of support at the previous 52-week high wasn't enough to matter, they clearly wanted to test support where we are today.

Yesterday, we had a poor showing at the close, we hit new lows and could not pop and that was one of my simple goals, to close above $ 11.00/shr, it just wasn't there.

So now we are in the midst of the $ 10.80/shr support, which use to be resistance for so many months, and the volume has dried up here. The last two hours we hasn't seen any strength in this stock or any others, the market seems to be drifting into the end of the month. I think we hold here, after all, they took it down for 3-days in a row on great news. Long term investors can do little to stop MMs from moving the price around like this, in the near-term. Again, we are forced to look at the close to see if there is support at these levels.
    11-18-14 02:47 PM
    Thanks for your insights Morgan! I do recall you mentioning the $10.80 support, which was previously resistance. I guess now we take a wait and see approach.

I know you expect it to go up before the year is up, and I definitely don't want to miss the next run! Any other known or expected catalysts before the end of the year, aside from the Classic launch?

11-18-14 03:18 PM
    OT: Thorsten Heinz has a new job: Former BlackBerry CEO Heins Named Chairman of Startup Powermat

I wish him good luck.

Powermat homepage: Powermat

Interesting charging solution, if you ask me. The charging station of my ancient Palm Pre was similar and it is a step back that I have to deal with cables again.
    Unbelievable - how a company can hire a CEO with such a bad reputation. Weren't some people justifying his huge termination package because he won't ever be able to find another job as CEO? And how will this affect "Powermat" reputation now that everybody knows it's CEO almost destroyed Blackberry?
    11-18-14 04:04 PM
    Every BlackBerry user should have some BlackBerry shares, because then the amount for the shorts is getting smaller :-)

Posted via CB10 with my awesome BlackBerry Passport. BlackBerry 10 rocks!
    I appreciate your post as compared to the you want to help BlackBerry then buy a device comments. With that being said what is a respectable amount of shares for an individual BlackBerry enthusiast to buy? First time stock buyer.
    11-18-14 04:12 PM
    Passport!
    11-18-14 04:36 PM
    Unbelievable - how a company can hire a CEO with such a bad reputation. Weren't some people justifying his huge termination package because he won't ever be able to find another job as CEO? And how will this affect "Powermat" reputation now that everybody knows it's CEO almost destroyed Blackberry?
    Were you terminated by Thorsten?
    11-18-14 04:39 PM
    Maybe they got him for real cheap. You never know.

Besides, bad reputation or not, the man has a lot of experience.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 04:42 PM
    ouu finally someone points out about the billion expense being over end of this quarter
    The $800M Secret The BlackBerry Shorts Don't Want You To Know About - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    11-18-14 04:44 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    ouu finally someone points out about the billion expense being over end of this quarter
    The $800M Secret The BlackBerry Shorts Don't Want You To Know About - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    It's strange that no analysts commented on this... the short sellers just ignoring this... next quarter results will hopefully exceed expectations on all accounts..

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 04:48 PM
    This is what I find really strange, i'm close to emailing the CIBC analyst who wrote the piece in the first place. Just find it awkward no one mentions this in their analysis

This is the original article
    http://business.financialpost.com/20..._lsa=ec16-347e
    It's strange that no analysts commented on this... the short sellers just ignoring this... next quarter results will hopefully exceed expectations on all accounts..

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 05:09 PM
    What you should do imho, is e-mail BlackBerry investor relations and confirm whether it's still happening or not.
    11-18-14 05:18 PM
    And regarding TH.. there aren't many people who will agree with me, but how can you forget the fact that Passport/BES12 came out 1 year after he left.. while the decisions were made during his leadership? Because they had to buy more time. He brought many aspects into place so the current comeback could take place.

In a different world, JC could probably use TH right now. In a different role. But that doesn't make him any less capable..
    11-18-14 05:29 PM
113,256 ... 29812982298329842985 ...