• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So, this is OT:
    http://jdem.cz/bq57k2

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    11-17-14 08:56 PM
    Today Bbry closed at $10.94 USD if you convert that to CAD it is roughly 12.37 the price of BB

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure, I was reading it as the higher number for usd

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 10:35 PM
    Are you sure, I was reading it as the higher number for usd

Posted via CB10
    You have to think of it like this: Since the US dollar is stronger than the Canadian it takes less US dollars to buy a share than Canadian dollars.

In fact the recent decline in the Canadian currency has been good for bb stock holders.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 11:16 PM
    OT: Thorsten Heinz has a new job: Former BlackBerry CEO Heins Named Chairman of Startup Powermat

I wish him good luck.

Powermat homepage: Powermat

Interesting charging solution, if you ask me. The charging station of my ancient Palm Pre was similar and it is a step back that I have to deal with cables again.
    Last edited by georg4BB; 11-18-14 at 07:36 AM. Reason: typos agian.
    11-18-14 02:08 AM
    You have to think of it like this: ................
    INTz you have the patience of a saint.
    Shanerredflag and Mr BBRY like this.
    11-18-14 05:17 AM
    OT: Thorsten Heinz has a new job: Former BlackBerry CEO Heins Named Chairman of Startup Powermat

I wish him good luck.

Powermat homepage: Powermat

Iteresting charging solution, if you ask me. The charging station of my ancient Palm Pre was similar and it is a step back that I have to deal with cables again.

Available for iOS and Android. Common Heins, you can do better than that. I can think of 20 million reasons the shareholders gave you as a departing gift.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 07:20 AM
    Available for iOS and Android. Common Heins, you can do better than that. I can think of 20 million reasons the shareholders gave you as a departing gift.

Posted via CB10
    Lol...I think its funny that power terminals are monitzation tools...buy a Passport and walk right by I say. Lol

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    W Hoa, sidhuk, La Emperor and 5 others like this.
    11-18-14 07:26 AM
    Beyond the factor, I personally can't understand the fascination with conductive charging. Even when I'm charging, except when asleep, I am constantly grabbing my phone.
    11-18-14 07:59 AM
    Snapchat does not get your information in this case it's Square Cash and they are a very reputable dealer in this space. Snapchat is just pushing their product, for a piece of the action no doubt.
    11-18-14 07:59 AM
    Apple vs. BlackBerry: Has BlackBerry Taken Apple?s Place? | TG Daily
    by Rob Enderle

Go back a little more than a decade and Apple was a company in the middle of a turnaround with a relatively small group of very loyal users who relished in their difference and that fact that “the rest of us” weren’t like everyone else. The Apple faithful were unique in terms of their interests and Apple delivered a unique MB3 player and then a phone that embraced that uniqueness with a focus on entertainment. You could say that Apple's success arose out of the iPod revolution and transformed an industry.

Fast forward to now and the iPod is a fading memory. Everyone and their brother (and sister) either has an iPhone or an iPhone clone and Apple users are no longer rebels but stodgy members of the status quo. Now folks are less concerned about getting easy access to their music and videos than they are about having their identities, private information (including pictures), and finances stolen.

Ironically, the folks that are truly “different” now are those using BlackBerry phones. They are now the elite in being able to argue their interests are focused more on making money than spending it and on being smarter with how they protect themselves in this increasingly dangerous and complex new mobile world.

In a way, the rebel Apple has become the market mainstay while BlackBerry, which once represented the common wisdom of the Smartphone segment, has become the rebel. Could the two once again swap places?

The Pendulum Swings Both Ways

It fascinates me, given how this repeatedly happens, that people fail to see that the technology market tends to swing between two extremes. It started out focused on Business with IBM taking the lead in centralized enterprise computing, then it swung to consumers with Commodore taking over much of the PC market and momentum. Then Microsoft took the market back to Business with Windows and back office products like Exchange and Windows Server, and Apple and Google swung it back to the consumer with iOS and Android.

Now Apple is partnering with IBM, and Samsung with BlackBerry to advance business mobility while IBM’s newest mainframe, their System Z zEnterprise EC 12, is their most profitable product. Meanwhile, Amazon, the power in consumer retail, is scaring the industry with their AWS public cloud offerings targeting business.

The Technology Pendulum is clearly on a business swing today and BlackBerry appears to be uniquely aligned to benefit from that momentum. They now have a relatively small but very loyal group of users who remained more focused on getting work done than they were on spending money for fun apps, games, music, or video. They have also remained more secure as users of Apple and Android products lost their information or personal pictures to hackers who wanted to do damage to them.

Steve Jobs to John Chen

Steve Jobs was the iconic Apple CEO who had a revolutionary vision for his firm and took it to heights that I doubt even he believed it could reach. Steve was replaced at Apple with his near exact opposite, Tim Cook, who, while operationally very capable, hasn’t be able to demonstrate the same kind of magic or industry leadership that Steve was famous for. Jobs was the lead rebel arguing that computers in all sizes could be fun and life wasn’t all about business. Cook seems more intent on ensuring that Apple’s trains run on time rather than enabling customers to visit exciting, inspiring new destinations.

John Chen, BlackBerry’s CEO, speaks to BlackBerry fans directly in order to win their support. Like Jobs did at Apple, Chen’s strategy is to return BlackBerry to its successful roots by focusing it back on business and people who want their phones to work for a living. Chen is the lead rebel for BlackBerry arguing that mobile devices aren’t all about fun and that people need to earn money to more than make ends meet. Most importantly, in order to survive in an ever hostile world, their technologies need to be far safer and more secure. In other words, to be like BlackBerry.

Wrapping Up: Finding their Identity

Apple was successful largely because Steve Jobs found a way to make it into a better Apple, killing the prior strategy that seemed to be focused on making Apple into just another Compaq or Microsoft. John Chen has effectively killed the traditional BlackBerry strategy of becoming a different Apple and is intent on making the company a better BlackBerry and, just as Jobs did with Apple, getting the company focused back on what it does best; business.

Last week BlackBerry demonstrated that, while not out of the woods yet, they can now see the way forward and their financial performance has improved massively much like it did for Apple a little over a decade ago. In many ways, BlackBerry is mirroring Apple but not by copying them like Samsung is attempting. Instead, Chen is emulating Steve Jobs’ practices to create a firm that does better what it already does best.

It is nice to see someone was watching Jobs and learned the deep lesson that it is always better to strive to be a better you than a better someone else. BlackBerry has taken Apple’s place as the scrappy competitor ready and able to lead the next swing of the technology pendulum. This one focused back on business.
    11-18-14 08:02 AM
    Beyond the factor, I personally can't understand the fascination with conductive charging. Even when I'm charging, except when asleep, I am constantly grabbing my phone.
    The best place for this will be in your car. No more cradles, chargers, wires and cables, just rest your phone in the center console and the phone starts to recharge. Easy Peasy (sorry I had to steal it). You shouldn't be grabbing your phone in the car now and this won't interfer with QNX in the car, Apple/Android Auto, in fact it enhances it you can use the services without loss of power.
    BigBadWulf and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-18-14 08:06 AM
    The best place for this will be in your car. No more cradles, chargers, wires and cables, just rest your phone in the center console and the phone starts to recharge. Easy Peasy (sorry I had to steal it). You shouldn't be grabbing your phone in the car now and this won't interfer with QNX in the car, Apple/Android Auto, in fact it enhances it you can use the services without loss of power.
    Except it must be right over the pad or a dongle over the pad or area, only a little easier. As mentioned the better solution is ready in hand. My hand - right now. Longest so far without charging 40 hrs!

And doesn't Duracell already use this name for a similar product line?

Posted with my flash Passport
    11-18-14 08:18 AM
    Every BlackBerry user should have some BlackBerry shares, because then the amount for the shorts is getting smaller :-)

Posted via CB10 with my awesome BlackBerry Passport. BlackBerry 10 rocks!
    11-18-14 08:21 AM
    Tracking Prem Watsa's Fairfax Financial Holdings Portfolio - Q3 2014 Update

BlackBerry Inc. (NASDAQ:BBRY): BBRY is Watsa's largest position at 31.37% of the US long portfolio. The stake was first purchased in 2010 at around $50 for 2M shares. Since then, the position was aggressively built up to the current position of almost 46.65M shares (~9% of the business). His average cost-basis is around $17 and the stock currently trades at $11.20. In Q4 2013, Fairfax co-sponsored a cash-infusion of $1B through convertible debentures ($10 conversion price earning 6% interest) - they financed $500M of that transaction and the remaining was funded by a consortium of other investment funds - the implied dilution takes their ownership up to ~16.5% of the business. Q1 2014 saw a ~10% stake decrease in the 13F position and since then has been kept steady.
    Tracking Prem Watsa's Fairfax Financial Holdings Portfolio - Q3 2014 Update - Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. (OTCMKTS:FRFHF) | Seeking Alpha
    11-18-14 08:21 AM
    Yep, the car is a viable location, and some manufacturers are starting to offer such a feature. Not worth the price of admission imo, and from experience I can tell you, if you use a case, getting the phone placed perfectly so it will charge is a real bugger.

At least it kept us entertained for a tad this morning.
    11-18-14 08:24 AM
    11-18-14 08:28 AM
    For me it wasn't just coolness. My Palm Pre sat on the charger without any cable. The Charger was on my desktop. And whenever I needed my phone, I just grabbed it and I new it was fully charged when I leave the room. That was really useful. Now I have this cable on the desktop, the cat gnaws on the cable and the phone is not comfortable to hold with cable. So I connect and disconnect constantly.
    11-18-14 08:56 AM
    Charge it once over night. And good to go until sleep time.
    The passport.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    11-18-14 09:03 AM
    11-18-14 10:02 AM
    This is exactly what I envisioned I would upgrade to after my Tour 9630...until I dropped it in the lake and replaced w/ a Tour 9650 bc Sprint didn't carry the Q10 at the time...The Q10 was the next best thing, but ideally, I would have preferred the device to be the Classic.

So many times I've accidentally called people when putting my phone in my pocket or holster by inadvertently pressing the virtual call button. I enjoy using the touch screen, but I've always thought of touch screens as an added bonus, and shouldn't be the primary way of interacting with the device, because they are not always responsive or register the intended input.

Lately, my thumbs have been getting rubbed sore too from all the friction from touch screen use. Ooooh I'm longing for the Classic indeed!

#SorryThisPostIsSoLongJustExpressingMyself

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    11-18-14 10:32 AM
    Lately, my thumbs have been getting rubbed sore too from all the friction from touch screen use. Ooooh I'm longing for the Classic indeed!

#SorryThisPostIsSoLongJustExpressingMyself

No, no. Express away. Glad to hear you're excited! Just come back on launch day and tell us how it is. I'm personally going to ATTEMPT to hold off on this one.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:54 AM
    No, no. Express away. Glad to hear you're excited! Just come back on launch day and tell us how it is. I'm personally going to ATTEMPT to hold off on this one.

Posted via CB10
    I'd love to bspence87, but I doubt Sprint will have it on launch day .... and since sprint is a cdma network, shopbb isn't really an option either unfortunately.

11-18-14 11:04 AM
    Powermat: Evolution of wireless charging - NBC News

Former BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins, discusses his new role as CEO of Powermat Technologies and the performance of new BlackBerry CEO John Chen.
    11-18-14 11:06 AM
    Tim Cook did the honourable thing and announced that he was coming out of the closet .............. unfortunately for Apple, half the women in Hollywood did too. Thanks Tim.
    Just saw an apple ad yesterday on TV. I think during Monday night football. Not that I care.... but...... they had a man proposing to another man. it was quick and barely noticeable but it was there.

Posted via CB10
    foxdog0007 likes this.
    11-18-14 11:25 AM
    Watch this video clip and the kids reaction to getting the apple product.

Noah Ritter Talks About His Birthday | EllenTV.com
    11-18-14 11:43 AM
113,256 ... 29802981298229832984 ...