View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't mind apple buying us out, for $200 per share i can put my unborn kids through college, they wasted more money doing stock buybacks and propping up their own sp

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 07:51 PM
    As a side note, anyone else surprised to see the Classic launch in Frankfurt, where traditionally one would have expected it to launch in London?

Closer ties with German Enterprise, perhaps? Don't know...

BlackBerry Classic launch set for December 17th in NYC, Frankfurt and Singapore | CrackBerry.com
    German govt supports BlackBerry maybe they also announce something with that?

Just like maybe a US govt announcement in US launch (DoD)

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 01:28 AM
    I just want to add to linking of the SA BB-bashing articles topic: Sometimes the comment section is funny and even worth reading with some gems of information here and there. Therefore I appreciate links to this kind of articles, when they are marked like 'the usal BS from KIA' or something like that, so I can jump directly to the comment section or skip it if I don't want to waste my time.
    And, of course, I appreciate links to bad news articles too, if they contain real information and real news.
    Last edited by georg4BB; 11-17-14 at 09:14 AM. Reason: typos I was able to detect
    11-17-14 03:15 AM
    From BlackBerry India site...kinda neat:
    http://jdem.cz/bq5247

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    cjcampbell, rarsen, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    11-17-14 05:52 AM
    http://investorplace.com/2014/11/tra...td-bbry-stock/

One has to wonder just how old the Analyst's opinion is when they're quoting 'concern over the change in Management' at BlackBerry...what??? Thought for a second JC had left! . The only ones concerned about the change in Management at BlackBerry are their Enterprise competitors!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:24 AM
    BlackBerry Appoints Howard Stevens Senior Vice President of Global Carrier Sales | SYS-CON MEDIA

WATERLOO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 11/17/14 -- BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY)(TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today announced that it has named Howard Stevens as Senior Vice President of Global Carrier Sales. A proven leader with 20 years of telecommunications sales experience, Mr. Stevens will be responsible for developing and implementing go-to-market strategies supporting BlackBerry's expanding product portfolio, including devices, enterprise software and value-added services offerings.

"BlackBerry is in the midst of executing on a strong product roadmap with well-received offerings - from BES12 and BBM Protected to BlackBerry Passport and, very soon, BlackBerry Classic," said BlackBerry Executive Chairman and CEO John Chen. "Under Howard Stevens' leadership, we will work more closely with our carrier partners to put these innovative products into the hands of more customers and position BlackBerry for faster growth."

Based in BlackBerry's Slough, UK office, Mr. Stevens will report directly to Mr. Chen and starts work immediately. Mr. Stevens most recently served as general manager of the Global Telecom business unit at SAP. He also held sales leadership roles at Amdocs, a global leader in customer care and billing software for the communications industry, Vallent, a provider of performance management tools for wireless service providers, and Chernikeeff Networks, the first Cisco Systems reseller in the U.K. He also has a strong track record for revenue and margin growth, leading large organizations as well as building sales teams and processes in entrepreneurial start-up environments.
    11-17-14 07:34 AM
    Just curious to know how many former SAP people are now at BB including the recent addition of Howard Stevens, anyone counting?
    11-17-14 07:46 AM
    OT but still related.
    In the wake of what to post here and what not to argument I would like to throw in my tow cents. Since it alll started with SA articles and the comments providing important blackberry info, or not.
    I would say that a picture is worth a thousand words.
    There was a "most suitable caption" contest this morning. And some highly decorated Doc from the west coast was the winner by suggesting this caption for the following picture. Some participants called the Racoon fireman and others called him the KIA.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1416194189363.jpg
    "THE CAT IS HANGING OUT WITH THE WRONG CROWD"

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    11-17-14 08:34 AM
    Jheez, $10.88, it's hard to watch.
    11-17-14 08:44 AM
    It's no longer pushing into overbought territory. RSI taking a cooling off...hopefully getting ready for the next leg up. I think it's healthy...but I'm far from an expert.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    11-17-14 08:51 AM
    I think 10.80 coming up and then 10 if does not hold 10.80. My guess 10 coming up soon. Shorts desperate
    11-17-14 09:01 AM
    It's no longer pushing into overbought territory. RSI taking a cooling off...hopefully getting ready for the next leg up. I think it's healthy...but I'm far from an expert.
    You will know soon enough, we have fallen all the way back to medium term support:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-nov-17-2014.png

We have touched on the $ 10.80/shr level which used to be resistance, today it is support. The RSI is all the way back to 55 from a high of 80 and grossly overbought. Watch the stock to see if it can find its footing (likely) and base for another rally. CB members loved the news last week but the MM's saw the rally as a chance to establish new shorts and hammer the stock. There is a lot at stake with 102 MM shares short here. Again, as I stated last week, I would like it if the stock can close above $ 11.00/shr for a few days, nothing has changed here.
    11-17-14 09:23 AM
    Jheez, $10.88, it's hard to watch.
    Back over $11 now. Let's keep our patience strength intact; we're pretty good at it
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    rarsen, Bilaal, georg4BB and 2 others like this.
    11-17-14 09:26 AM
    Just curious to know how many former SAP people are now at BB including the recent addition of Howard Stevens, anyone counting?
    8 of the Exec board were former SAP employees. From my post last summer #70265. Todays addition will be the 9th.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 11-17-14 at 09:58 AM.
    morganplus8, Corbu, W Hoa and 7 others like this.
    11-17-14 09:31 AM
    I don't think this goes below 10.80. They had their sell off 12.50 down to 10.80.

Too much good news to breach this support line IMO.

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB and bungaboy like this.
    11-17-14 09:32 AM
    BlackBerry Launches the Enterprise Mobility Marketplace | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog

The BlackBerry enterprise ecosystem offers a broad range of mobility solutions that build on the BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) platform for EMM. We have many partners that can help you install, manage, and support BES, create customized mobile applications and solutions, provide off-the-shelf enterprise mobile applications, or resell BlackBerry software and services.
    Since every organization has unique needs, we have created the Enterprise Mobility Marketplace for BlackBerry, which makes it easy to find the right partner to create or deploy the enterprise solutions you need in order to get the most from your BlackBerry EMM deployment.
    The Enterprise Mobility Marketplace helps BlackBerry EMM customers find authorized resellers that can provide you with BlackBerry software and services. Customers seeking the benefits of BlackBerry EMM and advanced security capabilities with the convenience of hosted IT administration can search for a BlackBerry hosting partner that will lend its trusted infrastructure, network, and expertise.
    Additionally, we are providing access to a variety of BlackBerry-managed mobility providers that deliver a range of offerings around the entire life cycle of the BlackBerry EMM solution – from consulting, planning, integration, provisioning, management, training, and support, to end-of-life for devices and contracts.
    Also found in the Enterprise Mobility Marketplace are members of the BlackBerry ISV Go-to-Market Program. These partners allow BlackBerry EMM customers to enhance their mobility solutions with the addition of BlackBerry-approved solutions offering competitive and predictable cost and customization options. The partners work directly with our enterprise customers to install and support their solution.
    Additionally, customers can access a premier catalogue of third-party apps that run in the Secure Work Space by BlackBerry. These cross-platform apps provide a trusted way to deploy important business capabilities such as SharePoint access, SAP support, Microsoft Lync integration, cloud storage, file management, eForms, and more.
    BlackBerry provides the most secure and integrated enterprise mobility solutions. With partners that extend our EMM capabilities, enterprise customers can deliver best-in-class software and services to their organization. Start finding the right partner at the BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Marketplace today.
    morganplus8, rarsen, jxnb and 2 others like this.
    11-17-14 09:38 AM
    Morgan,

The AH trades a few days leading to the Investors day, supports your chart. There was a total of 600K of 2 trades at 11.00
    Will probably base around that # in a little while.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge et al. You're a jewel in this forum among other regular great posters.

La E.
    11-17-14 09:43 AM
    You will know soon enough, we have fallen all the way back to medium term support:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY Nov 17 2014.png 
Views:	1416 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	315045

We have touched on the $ 10.80/shr level which used to be resistance, today it is support. The RSI is all the way back to 55 from a high of 80 and grossly overbought. Watch the stock to see if it can find its footing (likely) and base for another rally. CB members loved the news last week but the MM's saw the rally as a chance to establish new shorts and hammer the stock. There is a lot at stake with 102 MM shares short here. Again, as I stated last week, I would like it if the stock can close above $ 11.00/shr for a few days, nothing has changed here.
    morganplus8, that's pretty much my technical assessment too. I have 1st level support at $10.14 but I really don't expect it to go too much lower than the current support level of $10.80. To me right now, I also agree that $11 is where it needs to stay above in order to keep the sentiment on the up and up.

One of the major trends I'd like to see BBRY break out of is the afternoon fizzle. Too many days exhibited high volume upwards movement in the morning, only to be met with a slow and steady loss of steam all through the afternoon. I can't even count how many days BBRY closed strong this last quarter.
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    11-17-14 09:52 AM
    [B]
    Morgan,

The AH trades a few days leading to the Investors day, supports your chart. There was a total of 600K of 2 trades at 11.00
    Will probably base around that # in a little while.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge et al. You're a jewel in this forum.

La E.
    LA Emperor !!

Thanks, I try to keep it simple here, as long as we are making progress I'm happy. I wouldn't have sold out at $ 12.50/shr anyway, I still believe we are going much higher heading into the New Year. You know, if someone had told me in advance that we would hit RSI=80 and a new 52-week high followed by finding support at the breakout level ............ and all of this from a 5-week rally below $ 8.75/shr/US I would be very pleased indeed. We ended up $ .70/shr higher last week, we are starting off at support today, and a great buying op. and we now have the assurance that the future for BB is a whole lot brighter than it was a week ago. I can take that.

So let it wander around until the close and give me $ 11.00/shr or higher and I'm a happy investor.
    11-17-14 09:57 AM
    11-17-14 10:08 AM
    morganplus8, that's pretty much my technical assessment too. I have 1st level support at $10.14 but I really don't expect it to go too much lower than the current support level of $10.80. To me right now, I also agree that $11 is where it needs to stay above in order to keep the sentiment on the up and up.

One of the major trends I'd like to see BBRY break out of is the afternoon fizzle. Too many days exhibited high volume upwards movement in the morning, only to be met with a slow and steady loss of steam all through the afternoon. I can't even count how many days BBRY closed strong this last quarter.
    Hey, good to hear I have some support! LOL

I do understand where you are coming from, we have two groups trading the stock here, the MM's want to trade weakness, they look for a weak "bid" and take the stock down. The long term investors look for a good price to enter the trade, so they pull their bids and try over again to draw weak hands into the sell side. This game continues until the short term traders take over the trade driving it down. An investor can wait until tomorrow to finish their purchases thus leaving the stock price vulnerable to an attack.

Members of the board watch the stock price fluctuate all day long not necessarily realising for much of those 6.5 hours of trade, we are just witnessing "noise", i.e., the stock is trading on positioning and not TA. The game here is to discover what support looks like to these traders and let them do what they have to do. We have simple rules to follow, if the RSI goes above 70 think about what you want to accomplish with your investment and be prepared to accept the results of holding onto your position. We have the best educated investors on this thread but we still need to mature and not get so ramped up when the stock follows a logical trading pattern! Today, we hopefully will base out, those who sold out too early get to re-establish their positions and we can move forward into quarterly earnings. There really is no resistance back to $ 12.40/shr so I'm not worried about a problem that will resolve itself over the next couple of weeks. When it rallies, I want it to hold; in passing here, think of how many shares have traded above $ 11.00/shr now, all of those investors are holding the stock for higher levels today.
    11-17-14 10:12 AM
    @morgan : we're just trade-unexperimented humains
    => That's why I never played the in-out game since we started
    11-17-14 10:19 AM
    @morgan : we're just trade-unexperimented humains
    => That's why I never played the in-out game since we started
    Superfly !!!

The only thing I would say to that is ........ I hope you are satisfied to hold the position and let the long-term trade take place which so far is a 90% gain from a year ago. Some members of this thread wish they could time the market and I try to provide hints as to when you would look to sell and buy back later. I personally have traded the stock twice in one account this year. When I'm really happy with where the company is going I hold onto my position. Such has been the case with BBRY since June/2014. Let's build a base here and move higher by the end of the week!
    11-17-14 10:36 AM
    @morgan : I'll be *really* happy when we set the $100 party

But, of course, this is only my way (the OP's "buy it and forget it" way) to handle this stock. I'm sure I could have made more $$ but this would have required some cash available (both for covering and/or averaging) that I don't want to (can't in fact) engage on this ...
    Yet, I'm sure some here made nice valley/montain ins and outs and I join the crowd to thank you again for all the knowledge you inject in this thread !
    11-17-14 10:46 AM
    I don't know if its been posted already. But here is the link.

BlackBerry Ltd.: BlackBerry partners with IMEI to provide a BES12 Hosted Service in Australia

On Friday three out of four bearish signals had been triggered. Unless we have good or bad news throughout the day, it will be interesting to see how this stock closes (the last 15 minutes).
    11-17-14 11:19 AM
113,256 ... 29782979298029812982 ...