View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Today is the perfect picture of past market performance in BlackBerry. Leading to a major announcement the clan pumps up the stock, at a certain point they sell. I being long will wait for the game to be over, before continuing the game of snakes and ladders.

Posted via CB10
    ^^ This!
    11-14-14 03:37 PM
    OT alert !
    Lost the link to the HP site (the one provided lead me to an error page) but I believe 8 models were proposed and then each team selected the one they wanted to attempt to break. But I won't bet my arm on it

Edit : prefer the root source, there it is :

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Secu...g#.VGZRNsmUL40
    Supa say roar

Edit(2) : Bunga and KenFletch : I'm beer thirsty and it's 8PM here !!!
    Edit (3) Both: have one on me
    Well, that's clear as mud. So they chose to not attack the Z30 ! Will by default?!

And yes please, I will have that beer!! Bon fin de semaine

Posted with my flash Passport
    Corbu and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-14-14 04:56 PM
    This Guy thinks Blackberry is $1 stock?
    https://www.tipranks.com/experts/michael-genovese

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-22.png
    11-14-14 05:17 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22.png 
Views:	1884 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	314425
    Made me laugh there Sid.

He recommends a Hold and see a future sp of $1...
    Shouldn't he be saying SELL like hell!
    11-14-14 05:32 PM
    Has this been posted yet? If so, my apologies...

BlackBerry gets new $17 target at Cormark - Cantech Letter

BlackBerry’s (TSX:BB, Nasdaq:BBRY) turnaround effort has been an uphill battle, but CEO John Chen’s execution is making the company’s brand meaningful again, especially in enterprise, says Cormark analyst Richard Tse.

In a research update to clients today, Tse said he is “getting back onboard” as a BlackBerry bull. The analyst raised his rating on the stock from “Market Perform” to “Buy” and increased his one-year target on the stock from (US) $11.50 to $17.00.

Tse attended BlackBerry’s recent BES12 Release Event in San Francisco and says he came away with the impression that the scale of changes implemented by CEO John Chen are “more pervasive” than he had originally thought.

“…we now believe there’s developing going-concern thesis based on a credible road map and momentum for BES12,” said Tse. “Obviously, that will not happen overnight but as far as the stock is concerned, we believe the market is looking to price in a 2-3 year outlook on the name”.

The analyst says BlackBerry’s “new” subscription-based revenue model has the potential to drive revenue in a way that is greater than one employing traditional system access fees. He says he doesn’t think a scenario in which the company generates $1.15 in EPS by generating $7 from 35-million subscribers is “out there”.

Shares of BlackBerry on the Nasdaq closed today down 7.1% to $11.20
    11-14-14 06:17 PM
    Wow, he is living on Mars?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22.png 
Views:	1884 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	314425
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-14-14 06:27 PM
    BBRY medium target $13 for the last 7 days
    https://www.flashratings.com/stocks/...Y?src=stks&t=7
    11-14-14 06:33 PM
    Z30 was selected and was NOT hacked!

"Eight separate devices, including an Apple iPhone, Blackberry Z30, Amazon Fire phone and Google Nexus 7, were the targets for the security experts.

On the first day of the two-day competition five teams successfully used the bugs they had found to take over five devices. Three of the successes exploited NFC to give the attackers the ability to extract data at will from the phones. The other two attacks compromised a phone via its on-board web browser.

UK security expert Adam Laurie, Japan's Team MBSD and South Africa's MWR InfoSecurity were among the prize winners.

The Apple iPhone 5S, Samsung Galaxy 5, LG Nexus 5 and Amazon Fire Phone were all successfully compromised.
    The iphone just got NFC the iphone6 and iphone6 +. The iphone5s didn't have NFC? ?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-14-14 06:35 PM
    You folks are ready everything wrong, his analysis is worth $1.00. Lmao

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:37 PM
    Wow, he is living on Mars?
    I think more like on Uranus. LoL
    11-14-14 06:43 PM
    Just trying to end this OT not all devices were hacked using NFC. see bolded
    Edit : Hey we all know it is not hard to hack Iphone 6 or 6+

On the first day of the two-day competition five teams successfully used the bugs they had found to take over five devices. Three of the successes exploited NFC to give the attackers the ability to extract data at will from the phones. The other two attacks compromised a phone via its on-board web browser.
    bungaboy, Corbu and sidhuk like this.
    11-14-14 06:45 PM
    The iphone just got NFC the iphone6 and iphone6 +. The iphone5s didn't have NFC? ?

Posted via CB10
    Yes that is correct. Confirms my post on shoddy journalism.

Shame they could hack the flagship iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ so close to their release.
    11-14-14 06:45 PM
    When he signed up for the website, he thought "TipRank" was actually "TiPrank" and took the "prank" in it too literally.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    11-14-14 06:46 PM
    Yes that is correct. Confirms my post on shoddy journalism.

Shame they could hack the flagship iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ so close to their release.
    Shoddy journalism or a cover up? Sorry bungaboy missed your post. To me it's an obvious cover up.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 06:49 PM
    BlackBerry: Humor and Candor are Important in a Turnaround - Datamation

As Blackberry wages an uphill battle, one industry observer praises CEO John Chen’s approach.

I was with BlackBerry this month and had a chance to listen to their impressively entertaining CEO, John Chen. I was clearly also impressed with what they presented. I do a lot of writing on turnarounds and BlackBerry’s is actually one of the more successful. And it struck me that a sense of humor and to a certain extent, candor, may be one of the subtle reasons why it is going better than most.

Now it doesn’t hurt that, during a time when CIOs are having anxiety attacks over the number of unprotected mobile devices on their network running unapproved apps and malware, the firm has the most powerful cross platform mobile management and security tools in the segment. But I think we should capture what Chen uniquely brings to the table as a best practice.

Perception

The first part of any turnaround is to get a critical mass of people to believe the firm can be turned around. That’s tough because once a firm brings in a turnaround CEO folks put it on death watch. Competitors start dancing gleefully on the company’s not-yet-filled grave.

Strangely enough, this generally happens while a company still has a critical mass of customers and significant revenue but costs and trends are working against them. As a result, folks connect the dots and project a message into the future where, unless the new CEO is successful, the company will likely die. But like the guy in the Monty Python movie “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” the firm isn’t dead yet and actually, with the change, is generally better off than it was.

Trust

To change perceptions you have to build trust first. Generally when you have a turnaround situation there have been a lot of promises made that haven’t been met prior to the new CEO coming on board. We tend to trust people we like and we tend to like people that are candid and have a good sense of humor.

I remember a few years back I sat in front of a top executive on his second day on the job. He preceded to tell me things that he couldn’t know yet about the company he’d joined, and then he moved to trying to blind me with technical jargon.

I left the meeting convinced that he was doing to kill the company he was trying to turn around – largely because he just wasn’t candid about the fact that with just a couple days on the job he really didn’t know enough to actually know what to do yet. We could have chatted about prior successes, and it would have helped if he’d had a sense of humor because we’d likely have bonded. This would have formed a foundation where, once he did have a clue, we could have had a much more powerful conversation.

John Chen comes across with candor. He clearly had a period where he was learning about BlackBerry but once he had a foundation he made a series of promises that he has continued to keep. Reducing the firm’s cash burn, pivoting it into more of a services and software company, and clearly focusing the firm back on its loyal customers who have unique work and security requirements.

I believe, as apparently do many of BlackBerry’s customers and even Samsung now, that BlackBerry is unique when it comes to providing a comprehensive solution to the security problems inherent in the BYOD mobile world we find ourselves in.

Wrapping Up: Humor and Candor

For a turnaround to work the company has to get people to believe in a future where the company is vibrant and capable again. I don’t think you can get there if folks don’t first reestablish trust with the firm and its executive staff. Critical to that is the candor and yes, sense of humor, in the new CEO. Because if you like the CEO you are more likely to want him or her to succeed. And if you learn to trust them, then when the company is turning the corner like BlackBerry is you’ll believe that too.

If the CEO is more of a political animal telling you what you want to hear but not establishing a relationship or doing what they say, then I doubt you’ll ever turn the corner and this likely speaks to why so many CEOs have failed at firms like HP and Yahoo. The CEOs never connected with the people in a way that established trust nor did they do what they said they’d do and any humor often came at their expense.

I’d like to see more CEOs follow Chen’s example and be a bit less political and a bit more real. When BlackBerry fully reemerges I think we’ll find Chen’s personality and approach were one of the key reasons for this positive result.
    11-14-14 07:14 PM
    Best CEO of 2014: Apple's Tim Cook or BlackBerry's John Chen? - Nov. 14, 2014

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-141114093939-best-ceo-cook-chen-620xa.jpg

We should obviously take this lightly, but would we even have imagined such a comparison possible, one year ago?
    11-14-14 07:21 PM
    Just for the record, since the link has already been posted (thank you Soumaila):

http://www.benzinga.com/analyst-rati...nt=ticker_page

Wells Fargo: Time For BlackBerry To 'Test The Waters'

Maynard Um of Wells Fargo believes that BlackBerry Ltd may be on its way towards a successful turnaround.

"The true test to a turnaround, in our opinion, starts now with the BES 12 release," Um wrote in a note to clients. The analyst adds that BlackBerry has answered all the questions related to distribution and pricing.

"Boat built, oars ready, time to test the waters."

According to Um, there is a market for BlackBerry's recently introduced products, including regulated industries, although the sizing of the market may be difficult to size up. The analyst adds that enterprises have typically embraced new products and technologies with small pilots and on some scales.

With that said, Um is unsure if BlackBerry will show investors an acceptable software revenue run rate over the next two to three quarters. Um does add that BlackBerry's management remains confident of achieving cash flow break-even by the end of fiscal 2015.

Indeed. It's all in the execution from now on!
    11-14-14 08:00 PM
    And Deutsche Bank:

Deutsche Bank Unconvinced Following BlackBerry Ltd Analyst Day | Benzinga

Brian Modoff of Deutsche Bank is skeptical of BlackBerry Ltd's (NASDAQ: BBRY) prospects of a full turn-around following the company's analyst day in San Francisco on Wednesday.

"We came away slightly more encouraged on the overall plan for the company," Modoff wrote in a note to clients on Wednesday. "However we still believe the challenge to offset the declining service revenues remains significant."

Modoff notes that BlackBerry's management disclosed several key developments in its business, including deals with Samsung, Salesforce and others as part of a "go-to-market strategy" for its new Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) platform. In addition, the company revealed VPN authentication, a BBM meeting solution, secure voice and text and a dual soft SIM.

However, the analyst believes that BlackBerry's main challenge ahead lies in its ability to convert free, trial customers to paying ones. Modoff states, "while we appreciate the work done to put out these new feature sets, we are cautious on the number of trial customers they will convert."

Shares are Hold rated with a $9 price target.
    11-14-14 08:03 PM
    I think you spelled Deutsche wrong!

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    11-14-14 08:45 PM
    I think you spelled Deutsche wrong!

Posted via CB10
    I believe it's spelled ****** Bank.

Ha ha ha
    georg4BB, 3_M4N, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    11-14-14 10:55 PM
    Hi gang, a good start for your day => Umi's best shape :
    BlackBerry is on the cusp of returning as a growth company | CrackBerry.com
    11-15-14 05:22 AM
    This was my fav part of investors day:

Mr BBRY, 3_M4N, 95aero and 16 others like this.
    11-15-14 07:17 AM

"I'm ending their party."

Gotta love Chen. I'd love to see what kind of response the"competitors" come up with if any. Chen is not a dude I'd mess with.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    11-15-14 07:40 AM

Love it!

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    11-15-14 08:05 AM

So John Chen had no jokes to share but instead wanted to send a message and advice to competitors. Recalled a year ago, competitors were making fun of them and profiting at BlackBerry's expense.

"At that point, I knew I'm going to end their party. Today, my advice to them, i'm ending their party... and they need to understand that so they going to have to work for their living rather than having the fun on us."

John Chen is the wrong man to mess with if you don't show respect to BlackBerry. He's humble but ruthless when called upon. Love it!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Corbu, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    11-15-14 08:08 AM
113,251 ... 29762977297829792980 ...