702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well there goes all of yesterdays gains
    11-14-14 12:29 PM
    Taking another dive...

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:29 PM
    well todays shaping up a little worse than I anticipated. but at the end of the day it will level out and climb again. afterall, it is bbry cant actually expect it to hold a gain lol
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-14-14 12:34 PM
    To be fair, Z30 wasn't selected, which is also a good sign !
    pretty sure it says 8 phones including the Z30 were the targets of the hacking competition. Five phone were breached via NFC, the Z30 was not one of the breached phones. It was a target.
    11-14-14 12:50 PM
    To be fair, Z30 wasn't selected, which is also a good sign !
    Z30 was selected and was NOT hacked!

"Eight separate devices, including an Apple iPhone, Blackberry Z30, Amazon Fire phone and Google Nexus 7, were the targets for the security experts.

On the first day of the two-day competition five teams successfully used the bugs they had found to take over five devices. Three of the successes exploited NFC to give the attackers the ability to extract data at will from the phones. The other two attacks compromised a phone via its on-board web browser.

UK security expert Adam Laurie, Japan's Team MBSD and South Africa's MWR InfoSecurity were among the prize winners.

The Apple iPhone 5S, Samsung Galaxy 5, LG Nexus 5 and Amazon Fire Phone were all successfully compromised.
    11-14-14 12:55 PM
    pretty sure it says 8 phones including the Z30 were the targets of the hacking competition. Five phone were breached via NFC, the Z30 was not one of the breached phones. It was a target.
    You are quite right! Thanks.
    sidhuk, La Emperor, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    11-14-14 12:55 PM
    OT alert !
    Lost the link to the HP site (the one provided lead me to an error page) but I believe 8 models were proposed and then each team selected the one they wanted to attempt to break. But I won't bet my arm on it

Edit : prefer the root source, there it is :
    A record number of contestants set a fast pace for this year’s Tokyo competition – five teams, five targets, five wins.
    http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Secu...g#.VGZRNsmUL40
    Supa say roar

Edit(2) : Bunga and KenFletch : I'm beer thirsty and it's 8PM here !!!
    Edit (3) Both: have one on me
    11-14-14 12:58 PM
    11-14-14 01:04 PM
    BlackBerry upgraded to speculative BUY at Cormark:
    Cormark Calls BBRY "The Comeback Kid"
    Sizable revenue opportunity in enterprise cloud > risks
    11-14-14 01:06 PM
    11-14-14 01:07 PM
    11-14-14 01:08 PM
    Have a great weekend gang, special to the fondue lover.
    Cheers !
    11-14-14 01:23 PM
    OT: Interesting that Google pulled the plug on Google Wallet. Could there be a change of direction?

Google Wallet to pull plug on digital purchases.
    11-14-14 01:24 PM
    OT alert !
    Lost the link to the HP site (the one provided lead me to an error page) but I believe 8 models were proposed and then each team selected the one they wanted to attempt to break. But I won't bet my arm on it

Edit : prefer the root source, there it is :

HP Security Research Blog - HP Enterprise Business Community
    Supa say roar

Edit(2) : Bunga and KenFletch : I'm beer thirsty and it's 8PM here !!!
    Edit (3) Both: have one on me
    Well, now I have read the BBC article, the Ars Technica article iPhone, Galaxy S5, Nexus 5, and Fire Phone fall like dominoes at Pwn2Own | Ars Technica and the HP Blog it is as clear as mud.

What is really clear is . . . good/solid journalism is lacking. But, we already knew that, didn't we?
    11-14-14 01:35 PM
    OT: Interesting that Google pulled the plug on Google Wallet. Could there be a change of direction?

I am sure when it came out, it suppose to kill blackberry too? LOL
    11-14-14 01:54 PM
    11-14-14 01:59 PM
    At least two times.
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-14-14 02:08 PM
    BBRY's looking really weak right now, breaking down through the 11.50 support and for a short while the 11.30. I've been watching it, expecting a trend reversal. In any case, it's Friday. Markets close in 45 minutes. Let the options expire and we'll resume the ride again on Monday.
    11-14-14 02:13 PM

They didn't pull the plug on Google Wallet, they pulled the third party api that would allow developers to use GWallet as a method of payment.

@sidhuk - here in the USA (and I know this is very different than Canada and perhaps other places) there is nothing to kill on BlackBerry. Even if you have BlackBerry with NFC here in the USA - there is no way to use it for mobile payments. Not even the carrier based "softcard" (formerly ISIS) works on a BlackBerry currently - as far as I know. It doesn't even show on a search of SNAP.
    rarsen, sidhuk and La Emperor like this.
    11-14-14 02:15 PM
    Yup...but on a serious note, with the involvement of carriers as per yesterdays announcement ,
    can't help but wonder if we can start seeing BBM Money in other countries. Besides, I don't think carriers are too happy with Apple Pay cutting them off.
    11-14-14 02:16 PM
    Yup...but on a serious note, with the involvement of carriers as per yesterdays announcement ,
    can't help but wonder if we can start seeing BBM Money in other countries. Besides, I don't think carriers are too happy with Apple Pay cutting them off.
    Without getting too much OT, a carrier backed mobile payment system doesn't work. If you're not convinced, look at the Canadian mobile payment landscape which is heavily fragmented with no standard - even though Canada has the best infrastructure in place for NFC payments.
    morganplus8, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    11-14-14 02:23 PM
    Without getting too much OT, a carrier backed mobile payment system doesn't work. If you're not convinced, look at the Canadian mobile payment landscape which is heavily fragmented with no standard - even though Canada has the best infrastructure in place for NFC payments.
    OT: Yeah, I agree with you. But there are other countries that may. Philippines, Malaysia, India, etc...And also I stand corrected here, I think it's not NFC dependent.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 11-14-14 at 02:46 PM.
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-14-14 02:31 PM
    They didn't pull the plug on Google Wallet, they pulled the third party api that would allow developers to use GWallet as a method of payment.

@sidhuk - here in the USA (and I know this is very different than Canada and perhaps other places) there is nothing to kill on BlackBerry. Even if you have BlackBerry with NFC here in the USA - there is no way to use it for mobile payments. Not even the carrier based "softcard" (formerly ISIS) works on a BlackBerry currently - as far as I know. It doesn't even show on a search of SNAP.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    sidhuk, rarsen and randall2580 like this.
    11-14-14 02:49 PM
    Today is the perfect picture of past market performance in BlackBerry. Leading to a major announcement the clan pumps up the stock, at a certain point they sell. I being long will wait for the game to be over, before continuing the game of snakes and ladders.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 03:01 PM
    It'll be interesting to see how much more profit-taking will occur on Monday before buyers initiate long positions with BBRY again. The weekend couldn't have come at a better time. This stock needs to recollect itself and start fresh next week.

To those who held on since the sub-$10 days, the run-up was just a blip and the strength of Chen's leadership will shine through.

To those who bought in during the $11+ rally, it'll be a longer term play. Give it until December 19th when Q3 earnings come out.
    11-14-14 03:32 PM
113,256 ... 29752976297729782979 ...