Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey chrysaurora !!

Don't be so hard on yourself!

You might get your chance to buy it back again. Unless the company puts out some spectacular news tomorrow, the stock has risen from below $ 8.75/shr to $ 11.50/shr in just 4 weeks. It will be overbought short-term when it makes a new 52-week high. Fully 90% of stocks that breakout of a range trade back down to support to confirm that move. You can sell some naked puts and get back into this play which is what I do a lot, or, just wait it out until the stock becomes a TA buy again.

You sold at a TA point, it didn't work out for you as this rally had some legs, but it is closing in on OB and resistance so keep that in mind and calculate a good point of entry down the road.
    Missed the boat!!! First time I sell and this is what happens. Happy for everyone that was holding. Waiting for my chance to re-buy.
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    11-13-14 08:53 PM
    Missed the boat!!! First time I sell and this is what happens. Happy for everyone that was holding. Waiting for my chance to re-buy.
    You sold in the green. Be happy that you made a profit. You can't dwell on what could have been. If you always hold beyond your target, you'll often loose, but sometimes miss. The fact that you set an out, stuck with it, and made money, means you're learning and are further along than you were a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 09:00 PM
    What a day. To be forthcoming, I took profits today what with the RSI bouncing up and down past 70. I was anticipating a late afternoon selloff as we've seen so many times over with BBRY but not to the extent that it did in the final 5 minutes or so. After hours it dabbled in the 11s and I wouldn't be surprised if it lingers around high 11s before breaking past 12 again but you never know, it could easily continue its rally on this dip into the close tomorrow.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-13-14 09:16 PM
    I saw the enterprise event but missed the investor call. Judging buy the retreat in the SP I'm guessing there was no earth shattering revelations. Anybody have a recap of the call or a link to a replay?

BB10 4 ME
    11-13-14 09:25 PM
    I saw the enterprise event but missed the investor call. Judging buy the retreat in the SP I'm guessing there was no earth shattering revelations. Anybody have a recap of the call or a link to a replay?
    BlackBerry Webcast
    11-13-14 09:40 PM
    My speculation on another possibility resulting from the Samsung partnership would be BBM coming pre-installed on all new Samsung phones.

It would make sense since BBM is required for BBM meetings and an important part of BES12.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1016 | Bell | via CB10
    If this happens...

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-13-14 10:14 PM
    OT:
    BBC News - Hackers exploit NFC phone payment technology

Eight separate devices, including an Apple iPhone, Blackberry Z30, Amazon Fire phone and Google Nexus 7, were the targets for the security experts.

On the first day of the two-day competition five teams successfully used the bugs they had found to take over five devices. Three of the successes exploited NFC to give the attackers the ability to extract data at will from the phones. The other two attacks compromised a phone via its on-board web browser.

[...]

The Apple iPhone 5S, Samsung Galaxy 5, LG Nexus 5 and Amazon Fire Phone were all successfully compromised.
    Mobile Pwn2Own 2014: The day one recap - HP Enterprise Business Community

The Z30 seems to have survived the test!
    11-13-14 10:34 PM
    I see Samsung smart TVs in boardrooms connected to BES12 with no need for a computer to access the work network, share files and hold meetings, in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    Gregg???

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    11-13-14 11:21 PM
    Gimme the loot BlackBerry. Gimme that loot! Finally in the green today.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, Bilaal and bungaboy like this.
    11-13-14 11:23 PM
    Out of thanks but...huge kudos to everyone who have waited for this thing to start forward again. This thread rocks...missed the day due to work but everything I need to know is here.

Also...M8, we have all learned so much, thank you!!

11-13-14 11:39 PM
    My prayers for him and his family.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 11:46 PM
    Just thinking about the Samsung / BlackBerry partnership. I think that we may have all missed something to this point. What is the one thing Samsung has (and is good at) that BlackBerry doesn't have? Advertising / Marketing.

What if this partnership includes advertising / marketing campaign (for BES12 / KNOX) ? Is it possible? Would it be as great as I imagine it could be? That would definitely give BlackBerry an edge again.

Just thinking outside the box and trying to see what Samsung could give to BlackBerry besides access to Android devices and Kno

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:10 AM
    I think one of the biggest thing BlackBerry may get out of the deal is if Samsung believes they aren't dead so should you. I mean why would Samsung partner with a dying company.

I know we believe they are around to stay, but a lot of executives from companies don't believe it yet. Mine included.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:54 AM
    Just thinking about the Samsung / BlackBerry partnership. I think that we may have all missed something to this point. What is the one thing Samsung has (and is good at) that BlackBerry doesn't have? Advertising / Marketing.

What if this partnership includes advertising / marketing campaign (for BES12 / KNOX) ? Is it possible? Would it be as great as I imagine it could be? That would definitely give BlackBerry an edge again.

Just thinking outside the box and trying to see what Samsung could give to BlackBerry besides access to Android devices and Kno

Posted via CB10
    True. Samsung friggin rocks at advertising. I remember when Galaxy series originally launched, they pumped out advertisements making fun of iPhones and they really really worked. It was a daring move - given that Apple has some what of a cult -- it could have backfired. But, no, they figured out a way to make Apple users exactly look like that 'cult' of a brand that produces inferior/behind times technology.

If Samsung lends a helping hand to BlackBerry in advertising department, $100 party ain't far, folks.
    Shanerredflag, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    11-14-14 01:48 AM
    How do you think, in which movie do we play now? New Hope, Empire strikes back or Return of the Jedi?
    11-14-14 02:47 AM
    How do you think, in which movie do we play now? New Hope, Empire strikes back or Return of the Jedi?
    BB isn't an Empire right now. But it's more than just hope.
    So I think "Return of the Jedi" fits best.
    3_M4N likes this.
    11-14-14 03:05 AM
    I have to wonder whether the SAP/Samsung partnership announced a few days ago coupled with the Samsung/BlackBerry one announced today could lead to something down the road. They are about the same area, mobile enterprise.
    That was one of my favorite options; don't go in a deep, frontal partnership but confirm the platform agnosis paradigm with bridged alliances.
    Guys, IMHO this J.C is a beast in business ...
    11-14-14 03:53 AM
    Any thoughts on which 'Fortune 10' company JC was referring to in the Q&A when asked about existing BES12 adoption?...he only would say 'they'd kill me if I told you who it is'...

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    11-14-14 05:00 AM
    Any thoughts on which 'Fortune 10' company JC was referring to in the Q&A when asked about existing BES12 adoption?...he only would say 'they'd kill me if I told you who it is'...

Posted via CB10
    GE or Morgan Stanley?

bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    11-14-14 05:22 AM
    That was one of my favorite options; don't go in a deep, frontal partnership but confirm the platform agnosis paradigm with bridged alliances.
    That's the complete opposite to the Apple/IBM alliance with an "Apple everywhere" paradigm (nobody really wants).
    And Microsoft is a little bit on the sidelines...
    Superfly_FR and La Emperor like this.
    11-14-14 05:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Looking at the list of 2014 F500 companies, VW stands out at me.

They recently acquired the old BlackBerry properties and some employees in Germany, and the Germans have been embracing BlackBerry as of late.

Just my guess

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    11-14-14 05:40 AM
    Whats really the only thing missing? Home Industries. Stuff like your fridge, AC unit, TVs. Who is a leader in these devices? SAMSUNG. Remember Samsung just not only develops phones ya know.
    Wow, I didn't even think about the connection for IOT. good thought.

Another interesting thought! It would be cool to see comarketing.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    bungaboy, CDM76 and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-14-14 06:09 AM
    As a side note, anyone else surprised to see the Classic launch in Frankfurt, where traditionally one would have expected it to launch in London?

Closer ties with German Enterprise, perhaps? Don't know...

BlackBerry Classic launch set for December 17th in NYC, Frankfurt and Singapore | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by Corbu; 11-14-14 at 07:26 AM.
    11-14-14 06:38 AM
    As a side note, anyone else surprised to see the Classic launch in Frankfurt, where traditionally one would have expected it to launch in London?

Closer ties with the German Enterprise, perhaps? Don't know...

BlackBerry Classic launch set for December 17th in NYC, Frankfurt and Singapore | CrackBerry.com
    Maybe due to VW actually being the new enterprise client they landed?

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    11-14-14 06:44 AM
    Yes, totally surprised.
    BlackBerry held the 'BlackBerry Experience Forum' march 2013 in Frankfurt, which was a pretty nice event.
    A lot a banks in Frankfurt as well, some are still using huge numbers of BB legacy devices, slowly switching to BB10 - therefore maybe a good decision.
    I'll try to join
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    11-14-14 07:23 AM
113,256 ... 29732974297529762977 ...