View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    that's what i guess! Looks like the "ho my gosh" surprise will be bigger than what i was guessing. Longs hold on tie we are about to fly high for sure!
    Short interest now 102,269,887 vs. 99,841,954 previously

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 03:23 PM
    Had to post this, on 11/11 we closed at $11!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 03:25 PM
    Morgan is BBRY's daddy ... does exactly what he wants her to do

Edit: had to rephrase...
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    11-11-14 03:57 PM
    I don't think people still remember this but keep in mind if we don't surprise by having positive cash flow this quarter next quarter will definitely be accomplished.

"Blackberry's annual fixed costs for these are approximately $800 million, and this is set to fall to zero. Blackberry also pays out variable royalties of $200 million. These are also declining due to lower Blackberry volumes. This means, close to $1 billion of annual IP royalty expense will be cut starting in the fiscal third quarter."

I wonder if anyone would be able to dig into this a bit more, say contact investor relations?
    Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 04:06 PM
    Whhaaaat?

I guess we have ourselves a Mexican stand-off...... Dec 19th could prove very interesting

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Looks like they were expecting the same cycle down that I was.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-11-14 04:08 PM
    OT: Apple must face U.S. lawsuit over vanishing iPhone text messages

Apple Inc. was ordered to face a U.S. federal lawsuit claiming it failed to tell consumers that its messaging system would block them from receiving text messages if they switched to Android-based smartphones from iPhones.

U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh in San Jose, Calif., said Apple must face plaintiff Adrienne Moore’s claim that the message blocking interfered with her contract with Verizon Wireless for wireless service, which she kept after switching in April to a Samsung Galaxy S5 from an iPhone 4.

Moore, who seeks class-action status and unspecified damages, claimed that Apple failed to disclose how its iOS 5 software operating system would obstruct the delivery of “countless” messages from other Apple device users if iPhone users switched to non-Apple devices.

In a Monday night decision, Koh said Moore deserved a chance to show Apple disrupted her wireless service contract and violated a California unfair competition law, by blocking messages meant for her.

“Plaintiff does not have to allege an absolute right to receive every text message in order to allege that Apple’s intentional acts have caused an actual breach or disruption of the contractual relationship,” Koh wrote.

The judge also dismissed some claims tied to another California consumer protection law.

Apple did not immediately respond on Tuesday to requests for comment. Roy Katriel, a lawyer for Moore, did not immediately respond to similar requests.

In court papers, Apple said it never claimed that its iMessage service and Messages application, which ran with iOS 5, would recognize when iPhone users switched to rival devices.

“Apple takes customer satisfaction extremely seriously, but the law does not provide a remedy when, as here, technology simply does not function as plaintiff subjectively believes it should,” the Cupertino, Calif.,-based company said.

For its fiscal year ended Sept. 27, Apple reported sales of 169.2 million iPhones.

Apple now has an online tool to help people who switch to non-Apple smartphones retrieve messages from iPhone users.

The case is Moore et al v. Apple Inc, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, No. 14-02269.
    11-11-14 04:28 PM
    11-11-14 05:22 PM
    OT: Samsung partnering with SAP.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/11/11/sam...8TechCrunch%29
    rarsen and theRock1975 like this.
    11-11-14 05:58 PM
    Any thoughts/explanations?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-nasdaq-nov-11-2014-r1.jpg
    11-11-14 05:58 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY NASDAQ Nov 11 2014 R1.JPG 
Views:	4703 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	313787
    Two big trades. Jeepers. Seems someone has a good feeling about tomorrow.
    11-11-14 06:12 PM

^ How do you get these reports?!
    11-11-14 06:31 PM
    Real time quote at NASDAQ Stock Market - Stock Quotes - Stock Exchange News - NASDAQ.com
    11-11-14 06:36 PM
    Plus, a John Gnagy "Learn to Draw" set!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-jon_gnagy.jpg
    11-11-14 06:40 PM
    OT: Microsoft unveils first Lumia smartphone without Nokia name

Microsoft unveils first Lumia smartphone without Nokia name - The Globe and Mail

Microsoft Corp said it would roll out its Lumia 535 smartphone this month with an affordable price tag in its key markets, dropping the Nokia name just months after buying the Finnish company’s handset business.

Loaded with its latest Windows Phone 8.1 operating system, the Lumia 535 and Lumia 535 dual SIM will be priced at around 110 euros (about $137) before taxes and subsidies, Microsoft said in a statement.

The phone will feature a wide-angle 5 megapixel front-facing camera and a 5-inch qHD display screen, the company said.

Smartphones run on Microsofts’ Windows software, mostly Lumias, captured only 2.7 percent of the global smartphone market in the second quarter, down from 3.8 percent the year before, according to research firm Strategy Analytics.

Microsoft completed its $7.2 billion deal to buy Nokia’s handset business in April. Nokia continues as a networks, mapping and technology licensing company. It owns and manages the Nokia brand and only licenses it to Microsoft.

Microsoft had said in the past it planned to license the Nokia brand for its lower-end mobile phones for 10 years and to use the name on its smartphones only for a “limited” time, without saying how long that might be.
    11-11-14 06:43 PM
    Two big trades. Jeepers. Seems someone has a good feeling about tomorrow.
    18:26 $ 11.00 600,415
    16:10 $ 10.99 200,000
    11-11-14 06:46 PM
    here is what he bought over 600,000 shares
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-untitled.png
    11-11-14 06:49 PM

I was going to comment on the two circles, but then I realized you were talking about the chart. LOL

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 07:10 PM
    I was going to comment on the two circles, but then I realized you were talking about the chart. LOL

Posted via CB10
    Elephantitis comes to mind. LoL
    plasmid_boy and rarsen like this.
    11-11-14 07:15 PM
    Short interest now 102,269,887 vs. 99,841,954 previously

Posted via CB10
    Wtf, this reminds me bb10 launch when sp and short interest reached highest. Surprisingly high number as bear raids are rare new, media negativity is lowest, sp is up so either shorts trying to scare longs or only way to keep the price low. Otto alone bought 8 millions shares

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 07:29 PM

World Traveller got bored?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 01:02 AM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    World Traveller got bored?

Posted via CB10
    Yes often bored lol.. starting another tech company in tokyo... too bored! .. but still crazy addiction to Blackberry!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 01:15 AM
    Not to be outdone...on one hand the 'Shorts are Cooked', on the other...

BlackBerry Is A Risky Fruit: Making 232% In A Year Using Fundamental And Algorithmic Trading

Nov. 12, 2014 7:28 AM ET | by I Know First Research | about: bbry
    Summary

BlackBerry stock price is inconsistent with earnings and growth, making BBRY a hard stock to maneuver.
    Optimal trading over the last 12 months would have yielded a staggering 232% return.
    Algorithmic forecast supporting a fundamental breakdown of the stock?s price fluctuations.
    The BlackBerry Market

BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) was a world leader in smartphones, and then it vanished. The company's US user base, once 21 million, dropped to just 9 million in 2013; this fall was so dramatic that in 2014, it had CNN flagging BlackBerry as one of the US' six most endangered brands. Recently, BBRY took action to resolve this issue. The company signed a licensing deal with Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) in June 2014; which, if properly implemented, will boost BlackBerry app count from a paltry 130,000, to somewhere in the region of 300,000. However, analysts choose to remain on the sidelines while these big changes are happening.

Figure 1: Yahoo Forecast (November 11th, 2014)

Analysts published at Yahoo Finance are not getting too creative. Rather than taking a position, they agree to say nothing. Disappointing, considering BBRY is a stock with 600% growth potential - 10 suggested the stock will underperform.

Figure 2: MarketWatch Forecast (November 11th, 2014)

Analysts at MarketWatch avoid giving a position as well, 5 had the courage to take a position - they suggested selling; however, the stock price went up following that prediction.

Why BlackBerry Has Growth Potential

Three months ago (Aug. 20, 2014) in an article for Seeking Alpha "BlackBerry Limited: Before You Buy Or Sell, Hold The Phone! An Algorithmic Perspective", we explained the subscriber growth anticipated and the overseas growth of BlackBerry. So why would analysts continue to not recommend a stock with incredible growth potential? Hard to say. Possibly fear of going down with a sinking ship or maybe just risk avoidance. In the article mentioned above we released a table of sales and revenues, the surprising figures are under years 2009 and 2013.

Figure 3: BlackBerry Sales & Net Income Analysis

At the end of 2009, BlackBerry was valued at $60 a share, with revenues of 11 billion. In 2013 the stock price declined to $7.2 a share, with revenues of 11 billion. In 2007, after earning only 3 Billion, the company had a staggering share price of $230. The stock price is inconsistent with earnings and growth, making BBRY a hard stock to maneuver. One of the only ways to profit from such a stock is turning a blind eye to revenues, costs, and implied growth, which is just what the I Know First Algorithm does.

Optimizing Gains Through BlackBerry's Price Fluctuations

After releasing a bullish signal for BBRY in our SA article we tested our performance in the 3 months "Best Tech Stock" forecast review. Since then the stock went up by almost 14%. We also forecast the 11th of November 55% growth until the 22nd of January in an Upstart Business Journal Article "18 years in the making, stockmarket soothesayer forecasts the future", which anticipated the short term growth, and decline after. However the stock offers much more potential, and has been for a long time. BlackBerry seems to be a poisonous fruit; however, those who know how to handle it may find it very tasty indeed.

(click to enlarge)

Figure 4: One Year BBRY Stock Analysis.

Figure 5: Optimal Trading Analysis (According To Figure 4)

As three months have passed from our last prediction, we want to update the algorithmic forecast. Unlike analysts we refrain from giving no position, and as the table above suggests, our recommendation for BlackBerry right now is to sell/short. While revenue streams begin to have a positive outlook, the market decides the price, and as previous trend has demonstrated people like to bite into the berry, and then throw it away - regardless of actual company performance.

Algorithmic Analysis: Explanation

I Know First is a financial services firm that utilizes an advanced self-learning algorithm to analyze, model and predict the stock market. The algorithm produces a forecast with a signal and a predictability indicator. The signal is the number in the middle of the box. The predictability is the number at the bottom of the box. At the top, a specific asset is identified. This format is consistent across all predictions.

(click to enlarge)

Figure 6: Example of an I Know First Algorithmic Heat Map.

In this particular Top 10 Stocks Forecast from November 27th 2013, XOMA had the strongest 1-month signal but did not have the strongest predictability. As the asset is in a deeper green color box, this indicates that the algorithm is very bullish.

Signal

This indicator represents the predicted movement direction/trend; not a percentage or specific target price. The signal strength indicates how much the current price deviates from what the system considers an equilibrium or "fair" price. The signal strength is the absolute value of the current prediction of the system. The signal can have a positive (predicted increase), or negative (predicted decline) sign. The heat map is arranged according to the signal strength with strongest up signals at the top, while down signals are at the bottom. The table colors are indicative of the signal. Green corresponds to the positive signal and red indicates a negative signal. A deeper color means a stronger signal and a lighter color equals a weaker signal.

Analogy with a spring: The signal strength is how much the spring is stretched. The higher is the tension the more it'll move when the spring is released.

Predictability

This measures the importance of the signal. The predictability is the historical correlation between the prediction and the actual market movement for that particular asset, which is recalculated daily. Theoretically the predictability ranges from minus one to plus one. The higher this number is the more predictable the particular asset is. If you compare predictability for different time ranges, you'll find that the longer time ranges have higher predictability. This means that longer-range signals are more important and tend to be more accurate.

Algorithmic Analysis: Forecast

Figure 7: I Know First 1 month, 3 months and 1 year prediction tables for BlackBerry from November 11th, 2014.

The current algorithmic forecast (11/11/2014) has a very strong bearish signal. The 1 month and 3 months' time horizons have a signal of -258.52 and -481.72, with a very high predictability of 0.42 and 0.54 respectively. Figure 4 suggests a possible stock depreciation of between 10-20% (seems the fluctuations are decreasing); it is likely this drop will be very sharp following the strong 1 months bearish signal. The table above could drastically change, while the 3 months outlook right now sees the stock price go down, the 3 months forecast in 2 weeks could suggest otherwise. For optimal shorting strategy we recommend executing your trade only when two rules hold true. The first is that the last close is lower than the 5 days average. The second is if the average of the last 5 days forecasts is "down". If both hold true then sell short.

Conclusion

BlackBerry has had positive signs. Figure 4 suggests an average increasing price, and reduction in price fluctuation. Customer growth and overseas sales signal towards a potential rebound for the company. The history of BlackBerry suggests the price of the stock to be very speculative, and as such, hard to predict. While analysts avoided taking a buy/sell position 3 months ago, I Know First algorithm successfully predicted the price appreciation. Now at the crossroads again, analysts still choose to avoid a solid position (there appears to be a leaning towards selling). The algorithm suggests a strong bearish signal, and advises investors to short the stock.

I Know First Research is the analytic branch of I Know First, a financial startup company that specializes in quantitatively predicting the stock market. This article was written by Daniel Hai, one of our interns. We did not receive compensation for this article, and we have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.

Disclosure: The author has no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the

Posted via CB10
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    11-12-14 07:17 AM
    I might as well throw up another chart just for the heck of it:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-nov-11-2014.png

If you look closely at this chart, BBRY is starting to turn bullish. Unlike in the past, we have cured the problem of lower lows on our high prices for the stock on each rally. Today, we are much more likely to find support at that blue downtrend line. In the past that line defined a top in the rally confirmed by the RSI above 70. Today, we are above it, there is natural trading support at $ 10.80/shr and combined, it spells something different in the cards for BBRY.

So the range on this down day for the general market is the hard low of $ 10.80 and the potential high for today is the Monday high of $ 10.20.shr. We want to stay within this range while the general market finds its footings again and hopefully close above $ 11.00/shr sending a message to shorts that the trend for BBRY is now up.

We have resistance at Mondays high, we couldn't close above it yesterday .......... and, we have some resistance at the 52-week high of $ 11.59/shr which is made slightly worse because the RSI will be over-bought in the short-term at that height. Today will be an interesting one, we could actually rally through most of the weak market and that in itself is very bullish. Let's hold $ 11.00 into the close.
    11-12-14 08:01 AM
    Elephantitis comes to mind. LoL
    LOCO! Rodney Dangerously ~ hilarious movie!

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    11-12-14 08:13 AM
    Morgan is BBRY's daddy ... does exactly what he wants her to do

Edit: had to rephrase...
    _dimi_ !!

For the love of all investment gods, I don't tell BBRY what to do! LOL

If the stock traded my way, all of us would be on our 2nd anniversary of the $ 100 club! Alas, it isn't so, I really just suggest what I will
    accept as a minimum basis for investing in this play. I want to see the stock base out (early 2014) and then start an official uptrend that is predictable and trade worthy (we just seem to have that now). The stock needs to rally, let the weak hands sell as it bases out, attract new investors and do this over again for 12 months of predictable trading.

I want to see all of the liabilities, guys like Prem Watsa, disappear from the trade, (liabilities are those with large positions that can stop the rally in its tracks by flooding the market) and to see new money move into the trade such that the bulk of the stock is held at break-even pricing, ... with that pricing moving higher of course. In other words I want to be the only shareholder with a large profit in the stock! Of course none of this is happening today.

And so my minimum target that I can live with is for us to base out here and work off some of those weak hands. Take care!
    11-12-14 08:30 AM
113,256 ... 29632964296529662967 ...