View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hi Ben, so this means you're back in green and will get some decent reward ?
    Nice to see that. Glad you're out of trouble zone !
    11-10-14 09:22 AM
    Spot on Right on time , Morgan Thanks !!!

Superfly!!!

Thanks my friend!

While I was typing that message the stock has made several "nominal highs" and it briefly took out the Sept high so there is some real power behind this move. The Teachers Fund is the big news from last week, it received a delayed reaction but it is powerful stuff when a Fund valued at $ 40 B takes a 5-year run at a company like BB. Remember, they were part of a group that reviewed and turned down the idea of buying BB back in Sept. 2013. At that time, not only did they turn down a partnership to buy BlackBerry, they didn't see a need to purchase the stock either (below $ 8.00/shr. and all you can eat). So the fact that they were willing to pay much more for a position today speaks volumes about their change in attitude regarding BlackBerry.

So today, I still want the stock to hold above $ 11.00 knowing that all successful breakouts on charts involve the stock retracing its movement back to support before continuing the rally. We could see a pop that pauses, drops back to $ 10.90/shr but finishes in the mix of a previous high.
    11-10-14 09:23 AM
    Hi Ben, so this means you're back in green and will get some decent reward ?
    Nice to see that. Glad you're out of trouble zone !
    I made a very nice profit from these trades both US and Canadian. I fully expect the price to drop back as has done many times in the past. At which point I will get back in with both feet. Now I will be patient.
    11-10-14 09:24 AM
    I made a very nice profit from these trades both US and Canadian. I fully expect the price to drop back as has done many times in the past. At which point I will get back in with both feet. Now I will be patient.
    Not worried about the BES launch and Investor Day?

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    11-10-14 09:40 AM
    Sometimes, you have to / want to / feel it's time to take your gains ...
    11-10-14 09:49 AM
    11-10-14 09:50 AM
    Not worried about the BES launch and Investor Day?

Posted via CB10
    Well a ton of stuff has to happen before BlackBerry is out of the woods which means we will see jumps like this during these events. I doubt anything has been signed with Lenovo or whoever... Too many times in the past this has happened and I have missed these rumour jumps. BES12 will be great but we need to see flocks of corporations actually signing on...we have not seen this yet. Only a few weeks ago we were in the $9's. That is how volatile this stock is at the moment. Believe me I am getting back in but like I said I will be patient. This is a long road for BlackBerry, even Chen keeps saying that. There is no rabbit being pulled out of a hat here. Not just yet anyway.
    bungaboy, kadakn01 and Corbu like this.
    11-10-14 09:54 AM
    Not sure how will this effect the resale of the phones once they run out of warranty?
    http://bgr.com/2014/11/10/how-to-rep...Genius+Report)

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    11-10-14 10:23 AM
    Well a ton of stuff has to happen before BlackBerry is out of the woods which means we will see jumps like this during these events. I doubt anything has been signed with Lenovo or whoever... Too many times in the past this has happened and I have missed these rumour jumps. BES12 will be great but we need to see flocks of corporations actually signing on...we have not seen this yet. Only a few weeks ago we were in the $9's. That is how volatile this stock is at the moment. Believe me I am getting back in but like I said I will be patient. This is a long road for BlackBerry, even Chen keeps saying that. There is no rabbit being pulled out of a hat here. Not just yet anyway.
    Yes, but that is when the whole market was down.
    I personally feel like Chen has something more to say at BES event, about partnerships, BES uptake or Passport sales.

Not trying to persuade you, just looking for your opinion/thought process..

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 10:32 AM
    https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...-wars-20.shtml
    Demonizing Strong Encryption: Welcome To The Crypto Wars 2.0
    11-10-14 10:44 AM
    Yes, but that is when the whole market was down.
    I personally feel like Chen has something more to say at BES event, about partnerships, BES uptake or Passport sales.

Not trying to persuade you, just looking for your opinion/thought process..

Posted via CB10
    bspence87

I am firmly in the green with my BlackBerry investments. The cash is now sitting in my account. I can speculate on where the share price will be when these events occur but I have no idea what John Chen will say. I am living in the moment and trading based on the present situation. Sure anything is possible but until then I will be patient. I am in no rush and you can bet that BlackBerry stock will take another beating at some point as it has done so so many times before. It is not up up and away from here. I don't mind missing the bus if that happens, another one will be along in due course.
    11-10-14 10:46 AM
    Nice work Ben! Money is Money!

As Kenny Rogers you to say, "you got to know when to hold'em, know when to Fold'em, know when to walk away, know when to run....."

I'm about set to exit as well (getting close to my exit target). I will hold out for the 12th, but if I don't see movement, I might jet until December. I still carry a large position in my SDRRSP, so that will stay...it's a long term play on that.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    11-10-14 11:26 AM
    Nice work Ben! Money is Money!

when to hold'em, know when to Fold'em, know when to walk away, know when to run....."

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Are we talking about Stock/money/cards???????????
    11-10-14 11:31 AM
    Thanks Bro. I have just taken a note from M+8's book. We will have lots of time to get back in at the right price again. I'm a life long BlackBerry supporter....dislike the other offerings out there
    sidhuk, ibpluto, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    11-10-14 11:32 AM
    Are we talking about Stock/money/cards???????????
    I had that song stuck in my head... I panicked ...LOL

Some may argue thou, those are all one in the same

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-10-14 11:39 AM
    You know you guys are gonna make headlines on Sneaky Alfalfa for selling shares, right?
    11-10-14 11:42 AM
    Thanks Bro. I have just taken a note from M+8's book. We will have lots of time to get back in at the right price again. I'm a life long BlackBerry supporter....dislike the other offerings out there
    UH HUH,
    Richman's Talk eh!!!!!!
    Keep me in loop bro.........
    11-10-14 11:55 AM
    You know you guys are gonna make headlines on Sneaky Alfalfa for selling shares, right?
    someone who knows it all will pen it.....
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-10-14 11:57 AM
    Hahahaha, they already listed you as (passport Pilot) because of your PP inventory/MFG calculation algorithm break-through.

Tank Pilot ... LMAO
    11-10-14 12:01 PM
    UH HUH,
    Richman's Talk eh!!!!!!
    Keep me in loop bro.........
    Haha I wish bro , far from rich $$$ wise...lol...

Fortunately for us M+8 is very generous with his time and knowledge sharing his insight into BlackBerry and his other favourite plays for all who care to listen. So lucky to have him here!!
    bungaboy, sidhuk, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    11-10-14 12:01 PM
    someone who knows it all will pen it.....
    Was kinds hoping he was killed in action!
    sidhuk and La Emperor like this.
    11-10-14 12:05 PM
    BlackBerry's BBM is now a tool for helping locate missing children in Canada Channel ID: C0012598C
    http://www.canadianreviewer.com/cr/2...ssing-chi.html

s BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY)’s BES 12, John Chen’s Billion Dollar Answer?
    Read more at http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/is...zAhd5mrv0S7.99
    http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/is...answer-335282/
    11-10-14 12:09 PM
    bspence87

I am firmly in the green with my BlackBerry investments. The cash is now sitting in my account. I can speculate on where the share price will be when these events occur but I have no idea what John Chen will say. I am living in the moment and trading based on the present situation. Sure anything is possible but until then I will be patient. I am in no rush and you can bet that BlackBerry stock will take another beating at some point as it has done so so many times before. It is not up up and away from here. I don't mind missing the bus if that happens, another one will be along in due course.
    I see! Good decision then!

I will consider selling some of mine as well, as I am also in the green now!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 12:15 PM
    BlackBerry's BBM is now a tool for helping locate missing children in Canada Channel ID: C0012598C
    http://www.canadianreviewer.com/cr/2...ssing-chi.html

s BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY)�s BES 12, John Chen�s Billion Dollar Answer?
    Read more at http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/is...zAhd5mrv0S7.99
    http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/is...answer-335282/
    Pretty cool that now if you highlight a channel pin on BlackBerry 10 you get the option to go direct to channel

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 12:44 PM
    bigbadben10, I am right there with you. I did the exact same thing this morning for the exact same reasons. I am very nicely in the green due to Bbry

I have high hopes for BlackBerry's future, but I see this is a good opportunity to sell and rebuy at another point. I've missed opportunities in the past, and learned from history (even though I realize that a cardinal rule of investing is understanding that the past is not indicative of future performance).

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 12:52 PM
113,256 ... 29592960296129622963 ...