View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, identify theft numbers also indicating the relative importance of each sector of interest:

http://www.idtheftcenter.org/images/...ummary2014.pdf

Some Apple news:
    Apple iPhones And iPads Will Be Banned In Russia From New Year?s Day 2015--Report - International Business Times
    Pretty scary!!!

Business = 83%
    Healthcare = 10%
    Governement/Military = 5%
    La Emperor and CDM76 like this.
    11-07-14 12:03 PM
    11-07-14 12:08 PM
    11-07-14 12:08 PM
    11-07-14 12:28 PM
    11-07-14 12:42 PM
    Need a Passport for the Bahamas?
    CellOne launches BlackBerry Passport - Telecompaper
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    11-07-14 12:48 PM
    Its interesting shopblackberry has had them in stock all week but they have taken away the "cheat" that lets you know how many they have for sale now.
    11-07-14 01:15 PM
    Its interesting shopblackberry has had them in stock all week but they have taken away the "cheat" that lets you know how many they have for sale now.
    Having an off day? LoL

Shopping Cart

We are sorry but there is not enough quantity in stock to complete this order. We have 4,333 available. Please update your quantity.
    11-07-14 01:23 PM
    Having an off day? LoL

We have 4,333 available!
    oh no, we have more people returning than buying? that is no good.
    11-07-14 01:25 PM
    oh no, we have more people returning than buying? that is no good.
    You gotta be a Financial Analcyst to figger dat out! Two returns for everyone bought, yes?
    11-07-14 01:36 PM
    11-07-14 02:00 PM
    Now this is a positive news.
    11-07-14 02:08 PM
    Nice. One of the best run and most profitable pension funds in the world.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 02:11 PM
    honestly, with this news alone I might buy more shares, pension funds arn't stupid and they need to invest wisely. This is a huge confidence boost

Nice. One of the best run and most profitable pension funds in the world.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 02:47 PM
    honestly, with this news alone I might buy more shares, pension funds arn't stupid and they need to invest wisely. This is a huge confidence boost
    when is the last time we have seen day chart on bbry like this? low volume
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-22.png
    11-07-14 02:54 PM
    Ontario Teachers Pension now a top 10 holder....shorts are dead.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 04:53 PM
    Right from the horses mouth . . . Mr. John Chen.

Mobile security cannot be an afterthought

By John Chen

Mobile security cannot be an afterthought | TheHill

Cybersecurity attacks are on the rise. No organization or government entity can assume that their employees’ personal and business data are protected. From Target to JPMorgan to Healthcare.gov, breaches are happening all around us. Furthermore, they are escalating in both prevalence and sophistication, and experts agree that there is no end in sight.

In light of recent attacks, it is critically important to be cautious of mobile risks. Mobile devices are becoming popular targets for hackers as users increasingly store sensitive work files and personal information, such as credit card numbers and social security numbers, on their smartphones. In fact, Symantec’s most recent Norton Cybersecurity Report revealed that 38 percent of mobile users have experienced mobile cybercrime in past 12 months – and this trend will only worsen.

We must be vigilant about mobile security, particularly within the federal government. Given the amount of highly sensitive data housed within the walls of government networks, establishing better security standards must be of the utmost importance for federal decision makers – and there’s no time to waste. Unfortunately, a recent study by the Ponemon Institute indicated that less than half of federal technology managers say that security plays an integral part of their agency’s mobile adoption strategy. The U.S. government must act now to safeguard itself from emerging threats, and it can only do so by preventing the deployment of untested and unsecure mobile solutions.
    Government employees are increasingly using their mobile devices to access sensitive work data because more government entities are adopting bring-your-own device (BYOD) programs. The movement towards BYOD empowers mobile workforces within the government, but also introduces devices into the government space that have not been rigorously tested for high-security environments. Through BYOD programs, government employees are unknowingly putting their work information at risk via vulnerable channels. To increase security measures, the U.S. government must provide its employees with solutions that keep their work and personal spaces separate. New technologies are essential to create a dual-persona experience that separates personal and work data to guarantee mobile security.

Unless technology decision makers within the U.S. government implement stricter security standards and take proactive and strategic steps to protect sensitive information, we are facing a potential security crisis. These leaders must ensure that all mobile solutions and devices are certified and meet stringent security standards before they are permitted to access the government’s networks.

While some have misguidedly joked that BlackBerry devices are an outdated fad of “the ’90s” I can assure you that BlackBerry is best positioned to help mitigate modern-day cyber risks and we are the gold standard of mobile security. BlackBerry is strongly-positioned to protect the government’s most critical information, and we have proven our ability to do so. To date, we have more than 70 certifications and approval, and we remain the first only end-to-end platform to be awarded Full Operational Capability by U.S. Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). Additionally, our entire mobile portfolio, which includes BlackBerry 10 devices and our BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 mobility management solution, is STIG approved.

As a committed partner to the U.S. government, BlackBerry looks forward to meeting the future needs of government mobility and security. It is imperative that the federal government formalize policies to encourage smarter, more secure mobility before it is too late. While there are many unresolved challenges that lie ahead, government users can immediately protect themselves by choosing solutions with secure endpoints, and we are here to help.

Chen is executive chair and CEO at BlackBerry.
    11-07-14 04:58 PM
    This is huge vote of confidence with OTPP making a large purchase. Hope more Canadians clue in to buy more shares or BlackBerry phones to help their fellow Canadians for more high paying jobs. I don't see Apple/Google investing back into Canada as much as BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 05:03 PM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    This is huge vote of confidence with OTPP making a large purchase. Hope more Canadians clue in to buy more shares or BlackBerry phones to help their fellow Canadians for more high paying jobs. I don't see Apple/Google investing back into Canada as much as BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    The OTPP are very shrewd investors and huge in Canada!!.... this is a huge vote of confidence in Blackberry and signals the likely hood of strong appreciation in blackberry shares in the years ahead....

Very good sign for long term investors in Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 05:07 PM
    OT: New Shorts Song.

11-07-14 06:18 PM
    OT: Security Related

Security camera footage from homes, businesses broadcast online

Security camera footage from homes, businesses broadcast online - Manitoba - CBC News
    11-07-14 06:21 PM
    Just a little more info on the OTPF, they seem like a very conservative group so something is up for them to take such a risk in a "dead" company

Essentials - Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan

a little quote from a section on their website.
    "Active management involves selecting investments that we believe are undervalued and then using various business strategies to optimize returns. "

Sorry if it seems i'm fanboying this a little but during the time when they wanted to take this private I was waiting to see if a pension fund would buy into it but at that time BB was not worth the risk. Just happy to see this
    11-07-14 06:29 PM
    First they will have nightmares throughout the weekend, that alone is making me beer thirsty.
    nice weekend gang!!
    Ontario Teachers Pension now a top 10 holder....shorts are dead.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Corbu, cjcampbell and 8 others like this.
    11-07-14 06:34 PM
    Right On!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-prt_1303045331.jpg
    Corbu, rarsen, cjcampbell and 5 others like this.
    11-07-14 06:42 PM
    Just a nice pic to celebrate the good news...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c00093fdd_3f1c95f0-66d6-11e4-b065-0200ac17782e.jpeg
    11-07-14 06:49 PM
113,252 ... 29562957295829592960 ...