1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT: Apple May Have a Huge iPhone 6 Plus Recall on its Hands

Apple May Have a Huge iPhone 6 Plus Recall on its Hands | TechnoBuffalo
    11-04-14 03:18 PM
    Passport back on SBB, just over 2k units available.
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    11-04-14 05:25 PM
    OT: Ottawa approves deal to transfer control of Wind Mobile

Ottawa approves deal to transfer control of Wind Mobile - The Globe and Mail
    11-04-14 05:37 PM
    11-04-14 06:22 PM
    OT: Ottawa approves deal to transfer control of Wind Mobile

Ottawa approves deal to transfer control of Wind Mobile - The Globe and Mail
    Maybe they'll now be able to expand at a half decent rate. If they could get better coverage, and keep their rates in the same ballpark they currently run at, I'd jump ship in a heartbeat.
    bungaboy, rarsen and CDM76 like this.
    11-04-14 06:36 PM
    Agree.

Would also like to add the number of SAP execs who joined Chen after he became CEO. He must have been very convincing to make them join the risky "adventure" he undertook.
    Why turn down the offer? It was risky so compensation would be very good. Stock options so huge potential financial reward. If they succeed, their street cred increases tremendously. If they fail, no big deal, it was a lost cause anyway.

Win win.
    11-04-14 06:57 PM
    11-04-14 07:08 PM
    1900 Passports still available on SBB!
    11-04-14 10:59 PM
    where do you see quantity?

smart548 likes this.
    11-05-14 02:02 AM
    1,848 available now.
    11-05-14 06:36 AM
    When JC mentioned 200000, he was talking about end-users (confirmed) or about the devices ordered by amazon etc? Haw can we be sure that the current deliveries are not a part of the already known orders?
    11-05-14 06:47 AM
    When JC mentioned 200000, he was talking about end-users (confirmed) or about the devices ordered by amazon etc? Haw can we be sure that the current deliveries are not a part of the already known orders?
    I don't think he'd make the same dumb mistake that Heins did when he said they sold a million z10's. Which basically meant they stuffed the carriers channels.
    11-05-14 06:51 AM
    Just the folks on here can account for many...and as a side note, our youngest is 21, three of her friends are getting the Passport as soon as their carrier has available...word is spreading.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    11-05-14 07:20 AM
    https://www.kobaltmusic.com/page-new....php?id=WN3361
    Spotify passes apple music royalties in Europe.
    Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    11-05-14 07:40 AM
    Meanwhile in Frankfurt, Germany...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry.jpg
    Edit:
    One can grab a 20 � discount voucher for a Passport purchase at Amazon there
    lech31, jxnb, bungaboy and 12 others like this.
    11-05-14 07:57 AM
    Just the folks on here can account for many...and as a side note, our youngest is 21, three of her friends are getting the Passport as soon as their carrier has available...word is spreading.

I think it's worth keeping in mind that this is a highly unrepresentative forum. The Passport does seem to have exceeded expectations, but expectations were extremely low. Having a look at what strangers (at least here in the UK) have in their hands during the morning commute is probably far more useful an indicator that counting ourselves and our friends. The phones have sold out mainly because most shops only order a couple (literally).

Before I get called a troll or gremlin or something, I will say that I think this is going to be a very different year (in a positive sense) for BlackBerry 10, but it will take two more launches of devices as good as or better than the Passport in order for us to see a real, significant change in market share.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 08:04 AM
    Agreed. Should be interesting to see how the Classic plays out. And I definitely want to see what comes after the classic.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 08:19 AM
    Agreed. Should be interesting to see how the Classic plays out. And I definitely want to see what comes after the classic.

Posted via CB10
    Z50 touch and Slider!
    CDM76 and Corbu like this.
    11-05-14 08:26 AM
    Agree...but it's a positive imo that the younger university set are showing interest.

CDM76, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    11-05-14 08:48 AM
    Agree...but it's a positive imo that the younger university set are showing interest.

Oh, it's absolutely NOT bad news! The reviews are also changing brand perception slowly. If things continue to go well, it will eventually be uncool to talk about BlackBerry being uncool or dead...will take a bit more time though.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 08:59 AM

Everyone I showed the Passport thought it's a hot and sexy device - everyone. Can't see any negatives in that.
    11-05-14 09:15 AM
    Everyone I showed the Passport thought it's a hot and sexy device - everyone. Can't see any negatives in that.
    Everyone I show it too says "wow, that's nice"...then I let them hold it..."wow that's really nice!". This is no plastic iToy.

But they also say "but it's pretty big". So I always respond but putting it "quite easily" in my front business casual pants pocket. And these pants aren't baggy at all - think euro modern fit. 6' 1", 180 lbs, 32" waist. Not skinny jeans hipster style where it wouldn't fit, but not too far from it either.

The passport is only a big wider than a Z30. It's not overly big. VERY pocketable. So the whole "too big" thing really has to die. It is only relevant, IMO, when saying this is for the most part a two handed device. I have no issue using it one handed when navigating around the OS, looking at the hub messages, etc. The time I need to use two hands is when typing. But big deal, if I'm driving I can just use the Assistant to write my comms which is safer anyways than when I used to type one handed on my Z30.

Everyone loves the phone, but you can see the apprehension in them REALLY wanting to like it. Maybe because it's "not cool" to be using a blackberry, maybe because they still think Blackberry is going bankrupt and don't want to by a 'dead company' phone, maybe because they think it's just too big, and I think my front pant pocketability demo really surprises them as it doesn't look much different at all than having an iPhone 6 in my front pant pocket.

BTW I am talking about corporate professionals, most using iPhones, but most still on iPhone 5 so there is a chance they can be converted. I am hearing more and more with people either on iPhone 5 or those who have gone to iPhone 6 "this will be my last iPhone"....but most with intention to try out Android (at this time).
    11-05-14 10:29 AM
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...094756890.html
    "A huge put trade is looking for BlackBerry to drop by early next year.

optionMONSTER systems show that 23,380 January 7 puts were sold for the bid price of $0.08 against previous open interest of 65,956 contracts. The same number of January 8 puts were purchased for $0.23 in volume that was twice the open interest in that strike, so it is clearly a new position.

The trader could be opening a new put spread , paying $0.15 to get a potential return of $0.85 if BBRY is below $7 at expiration. Alternatively, it is possible that the trader is rolling a put position higher, closing the lower-strike contracts and buying the higher ones to get greater exposure to a pullback. (See our Education section)

BBRY was up fractionally to close yesterday at $10.26. The smartphone maker? posted 52-week highs just above $11 in mid-July but was below $9 three weeks ago."

any thoughts on this?
    rarsen likes this.
    11-05-14 11:10 AM
    Opinion from other CB site:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...kberry-974085/
    BlackBerry pioneered the same business model that Google and Apple are doing now. Need to recognize that BlackBerry's core service is untappable by design.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv.../black-budget/
    With security improvements made post-Snowden, we may never know the details.
    Last edited by rarsen; 11-05-14 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added Washington Post article.
    11-05-14 11:15 AM
    I'm not taking pleasure in other peoples problems, but the term "banana phone" somewhat raises a smile :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...BE&app=desktop
    sidhuk, bungaboy, georg4BB and 3 others like this.
    11-05-14 12:12 PM
113,256 ... 29512952295329542955 ...