View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BNN - Watch TV Online | O?Leary?s Take: Will Kim Kardashian save BlackBerry?

Kevin O’Leary was reluctant to weigh in on the viability of a Kim Kardashian’s plan to save the Waterloo-based smartphone maker, but he couldn’t help but express his own preference for the new Passport smartphone and its business-savvy functionality.
    10-29-14 01:11 PM
    BB:TO hit $12.10 now dropping.
    bungaboy!!

Thanks, I didn't have time to look at the CDN price equivalent for BB.TO. So I hope everyone knows that you need to multiply the CDN Dollar in US cash funds times the US target/stock price for BBRY ($ 10.80 - $ 10.90/US) to get the up to the moment target price in CDN dollars. When I calculated the target price several days ago for the CDN stock price target, with the US hitting $ 10.80 - $ 10.90 US, the CDN dollar was weaker than it is today, something around $ .88/US. As of this afternoon, the CDN dollar has reversed and fallen so please be aware of where it is at all times if you buy/sell BlackBerry CDN stock and the TA is given in US dollars.
    10-29-14 01:40 PM
    10-29-14 01:46 PM
    the missing apps that kevin is talking about, they all work fine on passport. available through snap.
    10-29-14 02:56 PM
    the missing apps that kevin is talking about, they all work fine on passport. available through snap.
    Agreed.

BBRY should somehow make that clearer, once and for all, for everyone to know. Enough with the old Application excuse...

Aside from hardcore users, most people don't know about Snap, etc.
    10-29-14 03:04 PM
    Another excellent review of BlackBerry Passport http://market-ticker.org/post=229544

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    10-29-14 03:04 PM
    Agreed.

BBRY should somehow make that clearer, once and for all, for everyone to know. Enough with the old Application excuse...

Aside from hardcore users, most people don't know about Snap, etc.
    Try doing this with any other phone. LoL

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-29-14 03:06 PM
    MobileIron reported after the close today, and one of the analyst questions was with respect to MSFT Intune. The answer was that it is a limited offering and not at all a competitor, and it would most likely appeal to very small companies not large enterprises. Their loss was slightly lower than expected but they will not provide guidance as when they will be profitable. They also mentioned in their sales meeting, the main competitor they run into is AirWatch (VMWARE) and not GOOD enterprises. BBRY was mentioned a few times mainly that they have to give their services for free to hang on their customers.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 04:48 PM
    Of particular interest is that they are going to produce a "few more" classics than they did Passports and that JC is not going to take any "unnecessary risk" to the balance sheet.

http://bloom.bg/1vgB0kq

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 10-29-14 at 07:49 PM.
    10-29-14 04:56 PM
    Crazy BlackBerry Passport drop test and the result is... BlackBerry Passport Extreme Test https://t.co/cGBcV3FE5U via @youtube

CDM76, bungaboy, bspence87 and 1 others like this.
    10-29-14 06:12 PM
    Crazy BlackBerry Passport drop test and the result is... BlackBerry Passport Extreme Test https://t.co/cGBcV3FE5U via @youtube

In the related videos, on the sidebar, you will see a video called "iPhone 6 and 6+ Drop test". Both are bookmarked and added to my BlackBerry Anti-Troll folder.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    10-29-14 06:26 PM
    In the related videos, on the sidebar, you will see a video called "iPhone 6 and 6+ Drop test". Both are bookmarked and added to my BlackBerry Anti-Troll folder.

Posted via CB10
    There is no comparison in the basic tests. The guys dropping the iPhones are dropping it from below the waist and his knees are also bent!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-6plusdrop01.jpg

The guys dropping the Passport are doing it from shoulder height AND then he gets on top of a car and drops it!!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ppdrop01.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ppdrop02.jpg
    Uzi, cjcampbell, CDM76 and 11 others like this.
    10-29-14 06:54 PM
    There is no comparison in the basic tests. The guys dropping the iPhones are dropping it from below the waist and his knees are also bent!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6plusdrop01.JPG 
Views:	2879 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	310514

The guys dropping the Passport are doing it from shoulder height AND then he gets on top of a car and drops it!!!

Name:	PPdrop01.JPG 
Views:	2870 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	310515

Name:	PPdrop02.JPG 
Views:	2870 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	310516
    Cmon Bunga I am waiting for your video *dancing

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    bungaboy, CDM76, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    10-29-14 07:25 PM
    10-29-14 08:05 PM
    Sheesh! I turn my back on the thread for a bit, and you nutters' give me eleventy-million pages for homework catch up! Lol.

It will be interesting to see if we can hold the line tomorrow, with what was mentioned by M8. If we do, then it holds on no new news, which would set a best hold record since the Z10 launch.

Other thoughts:

I mentioned in Bla1ze's post about the Classic's launch delay, that this could be taken as a positive indicator that the Passport is smokin' aces, and that BlackBerry may be riding the Passport sales momentum until near Christmas, where the Classic can take the reigns and make new waves.
    I have no doubt that it will be the highest seller yet.

Cheers gents (and ladies?).
    morganplus8, CDM76, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    10-29-14 11:32 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141029_235309.png

10-29-14 11:53 PM
    "Our systems have been attacked repeatedly in the last 7 to 8 days?clearly any type of attack or incident is one you have to learn from to get stronger ? �and we will get stronger. We?re�challenging the status quo?when you poke at a large ecosystem like that, you should expect attacks.?"
    http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/29/mcx-press-conference/

10-30-14 08:10 AM
    4 hours since last post. Just wanted to break the trend

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, jxnb, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    10-30-14 12:24 PM
    ^^ i'll add to that, SP gaining some momentum just made a new HOD lets keep this going! although we will need a breather soon cause its reaching a high RSI
    bungaboy, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    10-30-14 12:29 PM
    Holding up well.....*crickets*

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-30-14 12:29 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141030_103554.png

#perspective

I love how looking at the longer time scale shows how insignificant these 10% moves are.

We have a gap to fill back to $128ish. Soon haha.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 12:38 PM
    Lenovo execs deflect BlackBerry acquisition rumour | IT World Canada News

In a conference call with reporters and industry analysts this morning. chairman and CEO Yang Yuanqing was confident it can be done in less than two years. “Financial results are significantly improving, losses are down, revenue is up,” he said.

Before the deal closed he had said Motorola’s goal is to sell 100 million handsets by end of March 2015. “We are certain we will achieve this target … As Motorola benefits from Lenovo’s operational excellence and global reach, we are confident that the business can become profitable in four to six quarters.”

Asked bluntly about buying BlackBerry, he drew laughs saying he had to ask the CFO if there is money to do another deal, after not only inking the Motorola sale but also buying IBM’s x86 server business this month. While the company looks at all opportunities, an executive said, “as far as a very specific question we are not in a position to comment.”

Yang Yuanqing said that integrating the IBM and Lenovo teams will take a lot of effort. “If we want to do another big deal we will have to make a lot of money from the integration.”
    10-30-14 12:40 PM
    OT: IAG
    Morgan, any thoughts on IAG today?
    Mr BBRY and sidhuk like this.
    10-30-14 12:48 PM
    4 hours since last post. Just wanted to break the trend

Posted via CB10
    You woke me up! LoL
    10-30-14 12:55 PM
    OT: IAG
    Morgan, any thoughts on IAG today?
    OT ALERT on IAG.

IAG is my favourite Gold company but the price of gold looks terrible right now and that is reflected in the new low for IAG. If I had any faith in Gold I would buy this stock in a heartbeat. They are selling off some assets and have a ton of cash along with a very well run mine. But they can't make money when gold dips to $ 1,000.00/oz and I think gold is not in demand for the next several months. So let the charts tell you that this play needs to base out for awhile and watch gold prices for some stability. If I owned it I would tuck it away until mid year and if I wanted some more, I would wait a few days to see if it and gold will bottom out.

BBRY - The stock is doing very well, the sell-off yesterday wasn't confirmed by the price action today so it looks like we will test resistance once again at $ 10.80 to $ 10.90/shr/US. At least this is what I see at 2:00 PM, action is solid right now. GL
    rarsen, Mr BBRY, lech31 and 12 others like this.
    10-30-14 01:08 PM
113,250 ... 29442945294629472948 ...