View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Do you think the microsoft mdm announcement is going to hammer bb?

Posted via CB10
    It affirms that BlackBerry is in the right market. Microsoft is going where the potential is and BlackBerry has already laid their groundwork. Similar to what we've been saying about the handset business over recent years. I think they got it right this time and it looks like the market agrees with me.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-29-14 06:35 AM
    Do you think the microsoft mdm announcement is going to hammer bb?

Posted via CB10
    Microsoft is too little, too late. Should've came out with this years ago. Market is over saturated. Etc Etc
    bungaboy, rarsen, W Hoa and 2 others like this.
    10-29-14 06:56 AM
    It seams BlackBerry is working on a new tablet for 2015 as per N4BB site http://n4bb.com/blackberry-working-t...confirms-chen/

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    They need to if they want to be an "end-to-end" mobile solution for enterprise. As industry embraces mobile devices, a tablet for viewing documents becomes necessary; from the maintenance worker in the field who needs to view work orders, lawyers - legal documents, to nurses and physicians viewing patients charts.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.938 | Bell | via CB10
    10-29-14 07:10 AM
    OT: Privacy/Security related.

Verizon’s ‘Perma-Cookie’ Is a Privacy-Killing Machine

Verizon's 'Perma-Cookie' Is a Privacy-Killing Machine | WIRED

Verizon Wireless has been subtly altering the web traffic of its wireless customers for the past two years, inserting a string of about 50 letters, numbers, and characters into data flowing between these customers and the websites they visit.

The company—one the country’s largest wireless carriers, providing cell phone service for about 123 million subscribers—calls this a Unique Identifier Header, or UIDH. It’s a kind of short-term serial number that advertisers can use to identify you on the web, and it’s the lynchpin of the company’s internet advertising program. But critics say that it’s also a reckless misuse of Verizon’s power as an internet service provider—something that could be used as a trump card to obviate established privacy tools such as private browsing sessions or “do not track” features.

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews, a technologist with the Electronic Frontier Foundation, wants Verizon to stop using the UIDH. “ISPs are trusted connectors of users and they shouldn’t be modifying our traffic on its way to the Internet,” he says. He calls the UIDH a “perma-cookie,” because it can be read by any web server that you visit and used to build a profile of your internet habits.

According to Verizon spokeswoman Debra Lewis, there’s no way to turn it off. She says that Verizon doesn’t use the UIDH to create customer profiles, and if you opt out of the company’s Relevant Mobile Advertising program (you can do this by logging into your Verizon account here), then Verizon and its advertising partners won’t be using it to create targeted ads. But that’s beside the point, says Hoffman-Andrews. Because Verizon is broadcasting this unique identifier to every website, ad networks could start using it to build a profile of your web activity, even without your consent.

The fact that the UIDH was around for two years before getting any serious attention is a testament to the murky and challenging nature of privacy on today’s internet. Verizon has made no secret of its ambitions to cash in on the mobile advertising market. But the technical details of how it is doing this have been hard to uncover.

‘It’s gone relatively unremarked by the security, privacy, and broader technical community, in part, because it’s so hard to observe.’

You can test to see if your mobile device is broadcasting a UIDH on this website, run by Kenneth White, a security researcher. (Go to the site, and if there is nothing displayed after the line “your UID is reporting,” then you are not displaying a UIDH.) White says that the majority of Verizon Wireless customers who test their devices on his site display the perma-cookie. But not everyone does.

Verizon couldn’t explain why some of our Verizon phones here at WIRED didn’t display it when we tested. White thinks that may be because the router-side software used to insert the header may not be available on all of Verizon’s sprawling national network. If you connect via Wi-Fi, or a virtual private network, or are talking to a site via SSL, then the UIDH will not display either.

It’s difficult for even outside websites to realize what is happening here. The UIDH headers weren’t discovered until someone configured web traffic to log all headers and then noticed the extra data coming from Verizon customers. That person, an EFF member, then reported it to the digital rights organization. “It’s gone relatively unremarked by the security, privacy, and broader technical community, in part, because it’s so hard to observe,” says Hoffman-Andrews.

But now Verizon is getting some extra scrutiny, as are the other carriers. Late Friday, Hoffman-Andrews said he was looking into anecdotal reports that AT&T was using a similar type of identifier.

NOTE:

Bell Canada also uses the "perma-cookie" to uniquely identify you on the internet!

Bell Canada also uses the "perma-cookie" to uniquely identify you on the internet!
    Last edited by bungaboy; 10-29-14 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Added text
    10-29-14 07:13 AM
    General OT information from the Related Technologies and Security files, we expect increasing demand for reliable secure technologies (not yet painful enough probably... ):

Cook brands Apple Pay rejection a 'skirmish' in mobile payment realm | ZDNet
    Credit card fraud can be stopped. Here's how | ZDNet
    10-29-14 08:17 AM
    Microsoft is too little, too late. Should've came out with this years ago. Market is over saturated. Etc Etc
    I agree that Microsoft is very late to the market and this is definitely not a short term threat. One advantage that they have is with small and medium sized businesses that already signed up for Office 365.

Blackberry, on the other hand, has the largest of customers like the G20 governments. They will not use the cloud. The data is too sensitive. Same with the largest Fortune 500 companies.

I think Microsoft will be a bigger threat to Good Technology and Mobile Iron and potentially the BES hosted business.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, CDM76, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    10-29-14 08:32 AM
    The DOW completed a 10% correction, and has bounced off its lows. Today it is showing signs of moving away from a technical point where it could sell-off again, so all stocks are enjoying the run for the balance of this year. We are almost in the clear of any new corrections in this market.

For BlackBerry, the stock has zero resistance up to $ 10.80 - $ 10.90/shr so we are heading up in a vacuum here. You should see many stocks move higher as it becomes clear that we are out of the woods re: corrections for 2014.
    Good call, M+8!

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) 10.86 Up 0.21(1.97%) 9:42AM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price

0-to-100 real quick!
    10-29-14 08:43 AM
    10-29-14 08:49 AM
    Good call, M+8!

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) 10.86 Up 0.21(1.97%) 9:42AM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price

0-to-100 real quick!
    Just for that, I'll give you a quick chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-oct-29-2014.png

Note that we met our TA challenge which was to get the stock back up to major resistance. We got there this morning and now the stock is free to challenge this resistance or simply sell-off from here and complete the cycle. The market is long in the tooth with this rally, having gained back the 17,000 area on the DOW, it wouldn't be unrealistic to see it pull back for a few days. And so those of you that wanted to trade BBRY had your chance at today's early highs. I haven't looked at the CDN price today but I mentioned that a $ 12.25/shr/CDN price was a good exit point. We will watch the stock to see if this is a key-reversal day or not.

JLagoon could provide you traders with a great 3-minute chart if you just ask! His charts are great.

Got to go.
    10-29-14 09:29 AM
    BB:TO hit $12.10 now dropping.
    10-29-14 09:41 AM
    Quick note
    JC on CNBC 11 east.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    10-29-14 09:51 AM
    Quick note
    JC on CNBC 11 east.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    On now

CNBC - Watch Free Online: Live & DVR - Giniko
    10-29-14 10:20 AM
    10-29-14 10:26 AM
    Hits the mark I think. Chen is masterful at conveying the perfect message to each product audience.
    jxnb, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    10-29-14 10:33 AM
    Nice to see that BBM is beating WA and Line while also acknowledged to financially benefit Telkom in Indonesia.

"It’s interesting to see how the popularity of BBM and other messaging clients can financially benefit telecom companies such as Telkom in Indonesia. Nonetheless, it’s great seeing BBM still conquering marketshare in what has been dubbed the “BlackBerry Nation.” "

BBM Usage Beating WhatsApp and LINE in Indonesia | N4BB
    10-29-14 10:50 AM
    Here's the link to John Chen's recorded interview with CNBC about an hour ago:
    BlackBerry's platform of growth

Chen seems almost giddy in discussing sales prospects for the Classic, though he is always careful to reign himself in and use very cautious, moderated language. He also is very upbeat about BES12, especially in discussing its many advantages, including having great capacity to continuously improve/expand services. This clip is worth it just to see Chen's enthusiasm.
    La Emperor, Corbu, rarsen and 10 others like this.
    10-29-14 10:59 AM
    And another extract from JC's interview on CNBC:
    BlackBerry's 2015 money making plan
    rarsen, bungaboy, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    10-29-14 11:24 AM
    10-29-14 11:45 AM
    Why is it that every time I buy the stock drops immediately after. And when I put a sell order , it always drops right before the price I want to sell at??? Aurgh. LoL

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 10-29-14 at 02:09 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-29-14 11:46 AM
    Nice to see that BBM is beating WA and Line while also acknowledged to financially benefit Telkom in Indonesia.

"It’s interesting to see how the popularity of BBM and other messaging clients can financially benefit telecom companies such as Telkom in Indonesia. Nonetheless, it’s great seeing BBM still conquering marketshare in what has been dubbed the “BlackBerry Nation.” "

BBM Usage Beating WhatsApp and LINE in Indonesia | N4BB
    BBM Top in World?s 4th Largest Messaging Market | Inside BlackBerry
    10-29-14 12:03 PM
    Chen's plan is to help carriers generate revenue ( and replace dying SMS ) by letting them co brand BBM and provide it as a service, obviously for a fee..
    10-29-14 12:28 PM
    OT: And this is what FB is getting for their $19B purchase so far....ouch

WhatsApp’s First Half Of 2014 Revenue Was $15M, Net Loss Of $232.5M Was Mostly Issuing Stock

"In the six months ending June 30, 2014, WhatsApp brought in $15.921 million in revenue, but had a net loss of $232.5 million."

WhatsApp?s First Half Of 2014 Revenue Was $15M, Net Loss Of $232.5M Was Mostly Issuing Stock | TechCrunch
    10-29-14 12:32 PM
    OT: And this is what FB is getting for their $19B purchase so far....ouch

WhatsApp�s First Half Of 2014 Revenue Was $15M, Net Loss Of $232.5M Was Mostly Issuing Stock

"In the six months ending June 30, 2014, WhatsApp brought in $15.921 million in revenue, but had a net loss of $232.5 million."

WhatsApp?s First Half Of 2014 Revenue Was $15M, Net Loss Of $232.5M Was Mostly Issuing Stock | TechCrunch
    Actually what they are GAINING is a lot of knowledge and data related to WhatsApp users and their friends ..... such as phone numbers, addresses, types of devices, used how often used, other social media platforms on the device, message content, etc etc etc.

The data mining is worth multiples more than any net loss on the accounting books.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 12:44 PM
    OT warning...just drove by the JC's palace...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141029_135828.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141029_135321.jpg  
    jxnb, bungaboy, La Emperor and 6 others like this.
    10-29-14 12:58 PM
    Actually what they are GAINING is a lot of knowledge and data related to WhatsApp users and their friends ..... such as phone numbers, addresses, types of devices, used how often used, other social media platforms on the device, message content, etc etc etc.

The data mining is worth multiples more than any net loss on the accounting books.

Posted via CB10
    While I agree with you on all points, they still have to find a way to monetize that and support the rich valuation it got.
    - Thru ads..perhaps.
    - Subscription? - how much..the reason it was able to scale up its users is because its free.

And they are not the only game in town as you can see in Indonesia. They would have to fight BBM with all those rich services it can offer on top of top notch security.

The verdict on this purchase is still out there. It may take a few years to materialize or not.
    CDM76, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    10-29-14 01:04 PM
113,250 ... 29432944294529462947 ...