View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I just had to buy a new laptop so I am going to have put off buying the Passport. It is taking every ounce of self control for me not to pull the trigger on a Passport. My Z10 is in perfect working order and 10.3 is awesome so I think I'll survive.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elite1; 10-25-14 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Removed Off-topic Political content
    10-25-14 12:11 AM

I just had to buy a new laptop so I am going to have put off buying the Passport. It is taking every ounce of self control for me not to pull the trigger on a Passport. My Z10 is in perfect working order and 10.3 is awesome so I think I'll survive.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Bought z10 and q10 and both are working just fine! Told myself to wait atleast until December before buying Passport. Very difficult to control that impulse.

Although I no longer care for tool-belt, I am intrigued by Classic too because it has 4th row of keys and yet has bigger screen than q10.

As I said in earlier post, device with Passport like touch enabled keyboard, no tool-belt, all 4 rows on keyboard, big 4+inch screen but slightly narrower than Passport would be ideal for me.

I hope the Passport 2.0 that Chen was talking about turns out to be that!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:15 AM
    OT! HALO

Hey M8!
    If you have time could you post an updated chart since this one? Curious to see how the pennant is forming
    Appreciate it as always!

read that HALO short interest is about 20% now also

Hi slipstream89 !!!

Re: OT HALO

Here's a chart on HALO, you will find a well defined pennant formation of sorts that has been climbing for months now. All the news on this stock has been 100% positive for the company and even the senior management have purchased shares at your support level of $ 9.00/shr.

Attachment 300363

In order to rally we need to breakout of that $ 10.30/shr ceiling that has been created for several months now. No matter what the news, they keep hammering the stock back into this formation. As you can see, the range is narrowing as we move along here and at some point, it is going to rally hard. I can't trade a stock that has this much upside potential, I don't want to try and make $ .30 - $ .40/shr and miss a multi-dollar jump when they announce a partnership with their cellulite drug for instance.

Today we are down on very light volume, the general market is getting hit really hard right now and none of my stocks are green. The moment the DOW starts to show signs of bottoming out, this one will be right back at it recent highs. So I can't recommend selling this one for pennies on the dollar knowing they have explosive news available to them at any moment. If you decide to trade the stock your maximum range is somewhere around $ 9.30/shr to $ 10.15/shr and that's not much room to merit a trade for me. GL
    10-25-14 12:19 AM
    Yup
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr Z10; 10-25-14 at 01:39 AM.
    10-25-14 01:18 AM
    Same here. Bought z10 and q10 and both are working just fine! Told myself to wait atleast until December before buying Passport. Very difficult to control that impulse.

Although I no longer care for tool-belt, I am intrigued by Classic too because it has 4th row of keys and yet has bigger screen than q10.

As I said in earlier post, device with Passport like touch enabled keyboard, no tool-belt, all 4 rows on keyboard, big 4+inch screen but slightly narrower than Passport would be ideal for me.

I hope the Passport 2.0 that Chen was talking about turns out to be that!!!

Posted via CB10
    I think you just described the Classic as your ideal phone

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-25-14 01:40 AM
    I think you just described the Classic as your ideal phone

Posted via CB10
    No. Something in between a Classic and a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 01:41 AM
    I am sensing a change of guard in controlling power of BlackBerry SP. The SP didn't give in the usual BS way. Is it a bi-weekly pump and dump now than a two days cycle?
    Would appreciate gangs input.
    M8 what are you thoughts?
    Thanks in advance.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-25-14 08:35 AM
    [INFO]Let's stick to the topic and keep the politics out of it, please. [/INFO]
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    10-25-14 08:54 AM
    I am sensing a change of guard in controlling power of BlackBerry SP. The SP didn't give in the usual BS way. Is it a bi-weekly pump and dump now than a two days cycle?
    Thanks in advance.

I was reviewing my investment account and the banks analysis of BlackBerry. For the first time in at least two years, 3 analysts have it ranked buy and about a dozen have it listed as outperform. By far the majority say hold. And still many many rating it a sell. But the fact that we finally have outperform and buy ratings is impressive it's a good sign and hopefully the positive momentum can continue.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    10-25-14 09:14 AM
    OT! HALO

Hey M8!
    If you have time could you post an updated chart since this one? Curious to see how the pennant is forming
    Appreciate it as always!

read that HALO short interest is about 20% now also
    OT ALERT FOR HALO!!!!

Hi slipstream89!!!

I thought I would go back a couple of years to see how this stock priced itself during various stages of its growth.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-oct-25-2014.png

As you can see, prior to that huge run-up in the stock in the latter part of 2013, we were basing out with a high at the lower horz. red line. From a low of $ 6.00 the stock moved inside a well defined channel to $ 18.00/shr by early Feb/2014. I drew a green circle just to highlight what might have been a Head & Shoulders formation, about the time that the company had decided it was going to sell some shares and raise some cash. Looking back on that period, it looks as though some big players were hard at work controlling the price of the stock for that funding.

Then, at the end of March, we received the bad news, the PegPH20 PH II program was halted, and so we could expect the stock to sell-off during that period of uncertainty. And sell-off we did, for the next 6 weeks we waited for news that the company would be allowed to resume that Phase II study. When the news came back favorably, we saw a minor pop higher and that was it (I think we should have filled that gap to the second red line at $ 12.00 but no). In the interim, the company hit on 100% of their goals for this year with other studies and approvals coming in every few weeks....... but nothing would rally the stock.

Today, we have flattened out, the downtrend is gone and we are moving sideways with overhead resistance at $ 10.30/shr and a test of the 1 1/2 year uptrend line (currently at $ 8.00/shr) while the general market was correcting 10%. We quickly jumped back into a stronger basing pattern but there have been no success in getting the stock back above its 50-dma this week. The IBB Index went from 250 to an all time high of 288 this week and HALO just sat there. The fact is, there are plenty of junior to medium level biotechs that are still sitting near their long-term lows. Money hasn't made its way down from the IBB Index related stocks to these great buys yet. It will happen but for now, we are trending sideways.

HALO has a ton of cash, an FDA that is going out of their way to see PegPH20 come to market, and revenues that are growing rapidly with the addition of the USA approval now. There is nothing more they can do to succeed, they have gone beyond what anyone could have hoped for them in 2014, and, that includes while they were priced at $ 18.00/shr. Management is selling 1.05 MM optioned shares at the moment and maybe this is why the stock is held back? When those shares are sold, they need a minimum 6 week period to price new options and this is why many shares in companies seem to be depressed and/or stagnated.

My take on all of this is the same, I can't sell any of my shares knowing there is a huge potential to see the stock go on a high volume rally here. I think it will all begin when they let it stay above the 50-dma. Maybe this week they will set everything in motion so watch the 50-dma at $ 9.33/shr
    Mr BBRY, Corbu, bungaboy and 13 others like this.
    10-25-14 09:24 AM
    Thanks in advance.

Hey sidhuk !!! Thanks for the question on BlackBerry!!!!

First off, Superfly wrapped up the week in BlackBerry by praising its gain of $ .80/shr and I support that feeling 100%. If we did $ .80/shr each week we would be at $ 52.00/shr this time next year and that would be huge. So the week was a good one, a rally that got picked up by the media for all the wrong reasons (Lenovo), and then it held onto all of those gains. When have we seen BBRY rally on nonsense but hold onto those gains? We still have analysts reporting the share float at 527 MM shares when everyone on this thread knows of the bond issue. We still have analysts reporting debt at $ 1.25 B when we all know those bonds are going to end up being additional shares. There is no consensus on what BlackBerry is as a company. Some analysts want BB to stop selling hardware, others think they are too late to the Enterprise game, and others think that Apple/IBM can kill them based upon cash reserves alone.

My point is that we have far too many opinions about what BB is and where they should focus but in all of that analysis is a ton of outdated information. For those of us who love our Passports, we could see a huge surprise about to descend upon us, I see at least 500,000 units sold in this quarter and I think the Classic will be a real driver too. Funds who invest for 5-years or longer are starting to take stock away from the traders now, we see a very short-term sell-off followed by some much better TA like our support at the 50-dma during a 10% correction in the general market. We use to lead the trend in the market costing us several percentages more than the averages. Today, we held our own on a stupid rumour, that's not BlackBerry, that's AAPL or some other hyped stock! When the market is more receptive to BB in a way that all the data out there is the same for everyone to analyze, we will see far more long term investors buy and hold the stock and that will force the shorts to cover and move on. Investing is not for the faint-hearted, it is slow, you plan to make some money but you end up waiting and waiting. I have all the licenses to trade in every investment in the world today, I have four degrees and plenty of other formal things to hang my hat on and I have traded a crazy amount of money for others and myself and I can tell you, I wouldn't be here today if I didn't have a hobby. Investing takes patience, you can't have too many distractions when you invest, the worst thing you can do is torture yourself by watching a stock price every day. The best thing you can do is study, research, ask questions and do your homework. You then ignore the stock on certain days and go out and have some fun. I have finally found that rhythm with my investing, I don't look at many of my investments because I have done my homework on them and don't care about the current price of the stock. It took me years to walk away from the daily grind of the stock market and that ability comes from doing your homework and getting your investments right, even if the general market hasn't. BlackBerry will come into its own soon enough, they are in need of just one sector that is growing and suddenly your investment will be popular with the rest of the market too.
    10-25-14 09:58 AM
    Speaking of the Passport:

10-25-14 10:17 AM

First off, Superfly wrapped up the week in BlackBerry by praising its gain of $ .80/shr and I support that feeling 100%. If we did $ .80/shr each week we would be at $ 52.00/shr this time next year and that would be huge. So the week was a good one, a rally that got picked up by the media for all the wrong reasons (Lenovo), and then it held onto all of those gains. When have we seen BBRY rally on nonsense but hold onto those gains? We still have analysts reporting the share float at 527 MM shares when everyone on this thread knows of the bond issue. We still have analysts reporting debt at $ 1.25 B when we all know those bonds are going to end up being additional shares. There is no consensus on what BlackBerry is as a company. Some analysts want BB to stop selling hardware, others think they are too late to the Enterprise game, and others think that Apple/IBM can kill them based upon cash reserves alone.

My point is that we have far too many opinions about what BB is and where they should focus but in all of that analysis is a ton of outdated information. For those of us who love our Passports, we could see a huge surprise about to descend upon us, I see at least 500,000 units sold in this quarter and I think the Classic will be a real driver too. Funds who invest for 5-years or longer are starting to take stock away from the traders now, we see a very short-term sell-off followed by some much better TA like our support at the 50-dma during a 10% correction in the general market. We use to lead the trend in the market costing us several percentages more than the averages. Today, we held our own on a stupid rumour, that's not BlackBerry, that's AAPL or some other hyped stock! When the market is more receptive to BB in a way that all the data out there is the same for everyone to analyze, we will see far more long term investors buy and hold the stock and that will force the shorts to cover and move on. Investing is not for the faint-hearted, it is slow, you plan to make some money but you end up waiting and waiting. I have all the licenses to trade in every investment in the world today, I have four degrees and plenty of other formal things to hang my hat on and I have traded a crazy amount of money for others and myself and I can tell you, I wouldn't be here today if I didn't have a hobby. Investing takes patience, you can't have too many distractions when you invest, the worst thing you can do is torture yourself by watching a stock price every day. The best thing you can do is study, research, ask questions and do your homework. You then ignore the stock on certain days and go out and have some fun. I have finally found that rhythm with my investing, I don't look at many of my investments because I have done my homework on them and don't care about the current price of the stock. It took me years to walk away from the daily grind of the stock market and that ability comes from doing your homework and getting your investments right, even if the general market hasn't. BlackBerry will come into its own soon enough, they are in need of just one sector that is growing and suddenly your investment will be popular with the rest of the market too.
    Bravo Morgan. On behalf of everyone here, let me extend my appreciation with respect to your contributions to this thread.

Many fail to realize that expert opinion (intellectual property) is typically charged for and you are gracious enough to provide your insight without compensation.

Thanks again.

Posted by the indomitable Zed Ten.
    10-25-14 10:20 AM
    Hey sidhuk !!! Thanks for the question on BlackBerry!!!!n .
    . Investing is not for the faint-hearted, it is slow, you plan to make some money but you end up waiting and waiting. I have all the licenses to trade in every investment in the world today, I have four degrees and plenty of other formal things to hang my hat on and I have traded a crazy amount of money for others and myself and I can tell you, I wouldn't be here today if I didn't have a hobby. Investing takes patience, you can't have too many distractions when you invest, the worst thing you can do is torture yourself by watching a stock price every day. The best thing you can do is study, research, ask questions and do your homework. You then ignore the stock on certain days and go out and have some fun. I have finally found that rhythm with my investing, I don't look at many of my investments because I have done my homework on them and don't care about the current price of the stock. It took me years to walk away from the daily grind of the stock market and that ability comes from doing your homework and getting your investments right, even if the general market hasn't. BlackBerry will come into its own soon enough, they are in need of just one sector that is growing and suddenly your investment will be popular with the rest of the market too.
    M8,
    I have a habit of writing personal notes. Not work related. Most of the times, these notes happen when I am drunk and listening to music. (that's one of the reason that I like BlackBerry physical keyboard)
    I am going to save your above quote, in my Evernote along with my other special notes and I will read it in times like when I am delusional about investing.
    Respectfully,
    Thank you for being on this thread.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 10-25-14 at 10:57 AM.
    10-25-14 10:29 AM
    Bravo Morgan. On behalf of everyone here, let me extend my appreciation with respect to your contributions to this thread.

Many fail to realize that expert opinion (intellectual property) is typically charged for and you are gracious enough to provide your insight without compensation.

Thanks again.

Posted by the indomitable Zed Ten.
    Maximus65 !!!

Thanks for those kind words, my motivation comes from some of the sad stories that I have heard from fellow CB members on this thread. I want to see this investment through to a point that everyone is pleased with their decision to stay with BlackBerry and see it through these tough times. As a self proclaimed expert in investment, it hasn't always been smooth sailing for me either, I invested a large amount of money in Encore Computers Inc., a company that went into Chapter 11 a couple of years later, I learned a valuable lesson back then and feel for those who are struggling with BBRY today.

Since that time, I have created a simple formula for success that has seen me become very successful. One of my simple rules is not to help others! LOL Just kidding, but there is some truth in not trying to solve all of the worlds problems, you can't be perfect, the market won't allow you to be perfect, so you have to be "better than everyone else" who claim to be investment experts too. Today, I feel I have the perfect strategy for investment, it has been working almost flawlessly for so many years now and I haven't felt the need to change anything, it just works for me. So my goal today is to take the BS out of BlackBerry, to temper the comments that are misleading to others and to rein in some of those expectations so that everyone can rebuild their portfolio with some BBRY and some diversification too. There will be nothing left for me to contribute to this thread when everyone holds a profit in BBRY, along with some other stocks too, and, the ability to make sound decisions with that portfolio. In the interim, I get so much out of this thread, it is packed full of unbiased information regarding BBRY, a company whose products I love and an investment that meets my specific criteria for an eligible investment.

Thanks again!
    10-25-14 10:59 AM
    M8,
    I have a habit of writing personal notes. Not work related. Most of the times, these notes happen when I am drunk and listening to music. (that's one of the reason that I like BlackBerry physical keyboard)
    I am going to save your above quote, in my Evernote along with my other special notes and I will read it in times like when I am delusional about investing.
    Respectfully,
    Thank you for being on this thread.
    Why not just pat yourself on the back, and realize you must be doing something right if you can gain a big fan like me because of your contribution to this thread? I don't know what I would do without the likes of you, Corbu, JLagoon, Rarsen and so many others on this thread. No matter where I am, I tune into this thread for the latest on BlackBerry, there is nothing like this thread; so all of us should hail Superfly every time we stop by to update ourselves.

Investing is not an easy thing to do, the more you know, the less you want to share with others because you become in awe will how punishing it can be. The market ruins lives forever in some cases, billions are traded every day and we are the small fish in the ocean here but we continue to try and out think those who have far better resources than we do! All the while, we do this hoping that public companies are honest and would not do anything to hurt us thus giving us a fighting chance to succeed. Against all odds we try to be the player and not get played, it isn't easy and the more you think you understand what is going on the more you respect what you cannot know and how it can hurt you. This is a game of research and intelligence followed by a healthy dose of controlling your nerves.

Re: Music:

I'm waiting for my wife to come back from a conference so I'm chillin' out here, here is a song that got me a speeding ticket in my Corvette a number of years ago, whenever I play this song on my bike or in my sports car, I get into plenty of trouble!!

Warning: Please excuse the words, they are graphic, the kids still don't know we love the beat to this one!!
    10-25-14 11:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:52 PM
    Hi Morgan,

I would be remiss if I did not repeat what sidhuk said earlier:
    "Thank you for being on this thread."

I personally have learned tons of invaluable information from reading your posts and I am struck by how diligent you are in providing detailed responses to everyone's requests.

I should as well thank SF for creating this awesome thread.

I think another longstanding and respected member, Shaneredflag, summarized it best:
    "... that's why this thread is the best ... polite discourse and helpful folks"

Cheers all,
    sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 9 others like this.
    10-25-14 02:06 PM
    10-25-14 02:09 PM
    Plus this interesting post about QNX CAR Platform's underlying architecture:
    QNX Auto Blog: A question of architecture
    10-25-14 02:11 PM
    10-25-14 02:54 PM
    The gorgeous BlackBerry Passport seen on Marilyn Denis show on CTV (Oct 21).

The tech segment is presented by Amber McArthur.

The gadget is PhoneSoap and happened to have the Passport sitting in it! Was really nice when they picked it. This pic is all I can get from the website.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-640digicleaner.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:38 PM
    10-25-14 04:21 PM
    And, just a funny reminder to those that don't have patients:

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 10-25-14 at 05:59 PM.
    sidhuk, morganplus8, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    10-25-14 05:44 PM
    It's one thing to talk about patience. It's another to talk about becoming emotionally involved in an investment and then holding onto it (or even doubling down) because you just can't let it go. The brain has an incredible power to rationalize things we are emotionally invested in.

This thread is 3 years old now? How much would $10,000 invested in BBRY at the first post in this thread be worth today? Maybe half or so?

How much would that same $10k be worth if invested in an index fund over the same 3 years?

For comparison if you bought $10k worth of AAPL on the day this thread was started, you'd have about $18k today.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by app_Developer; 10-25-14 at 08:26 PM.
    10-25-14 06:09 PM
113,256 ... 29382939294029412942 ...