View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Got to disagree. I dislike the tool belt. It's clunky, takes up precious real estate and looks so ancient. The Q10 looks clean, smooth and visually appealing.

However I understand that some people still like and (think they) need the tool belt. I just hope it doesn't become something they implement across the board

Posted via CB10
    Can BlackBerry not include the call/end buttons on either side of the the keyboard on Passport/future Classic?
    Perhaps then it won't look BlackBerry-ish?

It would, imo, work with the touch keyboard (minus the menu and back button).

Just thinking as I'm reading about the OT. I too miss the call / end buttons

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and CDM76 like this.
    10-22-14 03:59 PM
    I think, in terms of OS navigation, BlackBerry will be able to implement all of the advantages of the trackpad into the touch keyboard.

I also don't see why they couldn't implement the call and end buttons into it. Imagine (in future iterations) the left two columns of keys lighting up green and the right two lighting up red when a call is incoming or active!

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of these software implementations showing up in 10.3.1 already.

In any case, I love my Passport just the way it is but will also be looking to get my hands on a Classic, for the right price. I'll probably end up using the Passport in the end though, because it's just so beautiful

With all that being said, I think Passport 2.0 will be a smaller version. Not as small as the Q10 (or Classic even), but maybe about 3.9-4.1". My girlfriend would go nuts for that phone (she LOVES my Passport, but thinks it is overwhelmingly big)

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    10-22-14 06:08 PM
    Off Topic. I just spotted this. I wonder what model it is.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141022_190357.jpg
    Mr BBRY and Signhere like this.
    10-22-14 06:22 PM
    Off Topic. I just spotted this. I wonder what model it is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141022_190357.jpg 
Views:	2173 
Size:	300.1 KB 
ID:	308565
    I can tell you for sure that two of my US DEA special agent buddies have Q10's (I think I mentioned here before about my real life James Bond friend). I was catching up with one of them two weeks ago at a wedding and he and I ended up ranting to everyone at our table how amazing BB10's are. Everyone knows me as the BlackBerry aficionado, but all of a sudden when he started to cosign how much he loved his gov issued Q10, everybody listened. Too bad I didn't have the Passport then!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    awindsr, sidhuk, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    10-22-14 07:59 PM
    Here we go
    http://bgr.com/2014/10/22/iphone-6-c...color-rubbing/

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-22-14 08:16 PM
    http://www.dhabkirkdesigns.com/2014/...ething-common/

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Mr BBRY, CDM76, 3_M4N and 1 others like this.
    10-22-14 08:22 PM
    Imagine what the reaction would be if such problems afflicted BlackBerry...
    10-22-14 08:51 PM
    I think, in terms of OS navigation, BlackBerry will be able to implement all of the advantages of the trackpad into the touch keyboard.

I also don't see why they couldn't implement the call and end buttons into it. Imagine (in future iterations) the left two columns of keys lighting up green and the right two lighting up red when a call is incoming or active!

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of these software implementations showing up in 10.3.1 already.

In any case, I love my Passport just the way it is but will also be looking to get my hands on a Classic, for the right price. I'll probably end up using the Passport in the end though, because it's just so beautiful

With all that being said, I think Passport 2.0 will be a smaller version. Not as small as the Q10 (or Classic even), but maybe about 3.9-4.1". My girlfriend would go nuts for that phone (she LOVES my Passport, but thinks it is overwhelmingly big)

Posted via CB10
    Agreed there are geniuses at BlackBerry that could make it work. The keyboard used for navigation seems reasonably possible. Also, there were many suggestions to replicate the "end call" key with another key, perhaps the space bar, or maybe the P key. But we're years away from the toolbelt becoming redundant, at this point.

Also I didnt mean that theyll include the toolbelt in all devices, just that theres a place for the "Classic" line which could have multiple form factors, including phablet/slider.

Anywho sorry for the OT. Back to BBRY. Looks like we'll steadily erode the 8% gain this week. Wanted to sell my shares this morning at open and then buy again next week once its fully lost this speculative pop. But I think like many others in here, the company is undervalued and it could easily find support in the $13-14 sooner than we think. Chen is just too clutch.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    10-22-14 09:23 PM
    Can BlackBerry not include the call/end buttons on either side of the the keyboard on Passport/future Classic?
    Perhaps then it won't look BlackBerry-ish?

It would, imo, work with the touch keyboard (minus the menu and back button).

Just thinking as I'm reading about the OT. I too miss the call / end buttons

Posted via CB10
    Trying to end OT ...
    Just allocate a green colored key (say Q) to Answer, another red one (say P) to end the calls. Deal.
    Trackpad is the keyboard, menu key is useless in BB10.

Have a nice day gang !
    10-23-14 02:58 AM
    Trying to end OT ...
    Just allocate a green colored key (say Q) to Answer, another red one (say P) to end the calls. Deal.
    Trackpad is the keyboard, menu key is useless in BB10.

Have a nice day gang !
    QWAS - all keys should be assigned to Answer
    POLK - to end calls
    Can press either of the keys.

I mean Q and P alone are too small of an area.
    lol were you trying to end OT? :d

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 04:06 AM
    Looking good in premarket, but so is the whole market.
    It seems that we'll hold some of the Lenovo gains.

Holding on for November 13th now. I hope we still see the sold out sign on the Passport by then!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 04:49 AM
    Look what was in the mail today :-))
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141023_120311.jpg

Posted with my great BB Q10
    10-23-14 05:06 AM
    You bought a bouquet of flowers to bid the passport welcome? It must be love, lol
    Congratulations!
    10-23-14 05:17 AM
    You bought a bouquet of flowers to bid the passport welcome? It must be love, lol
    Congratulations!
    Ahahahahah the day looks better with laughs :-P
    10-23-14 05:26 AM
    Slider gentlemen...you heard it here first.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    Mr BBRY, CDM76, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    10-23-14 06:23 AM
    Which will cause mass hysteria...which will cause massive share spike...which is on topic...kinda.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    ibpluto, jxnb, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    10-23-14 06:24 AM
    To anyone that's loaded 10.3.1, what is your go to Stocks app now? The Stocks for BlackBerry app isn't compatible with 10.3.1 and I'm not sure which other app is as good.

I'd prefer native, but Android app will do..

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-23-14 06:44 AM
    To anyone that's loaded 10.3.1, what is your go to Stocks app now? The Stocks for BlackBerry app isn't compatible with 10.3.1 and I'm not sure which other app is as good.

Posted via CB10
    I like bloomberg.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 06:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm using Bloomberg. Not nearly as nice but it works. Just find the stock specific news (go into watch list and tap on a stock) is horribly out of date. Last week was showing BlackBerry news as old as July. Now is updated to Sept at least(and some from this week too).

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:08 AM

SWEET
    CDM76 and Mr BBRY like this.
    10-23-14 08:31 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141023_120311.jpg 
Views:	955 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	308676

Lucky you, flowers from (secret ?) admirer; something that NEVER happened to me ...
    10-23-14 08:35 AM
    Passport commercial
    10-23-14 09:07 AM
    Cloud : IBM et Microsoft nouent une alliance crois�e

Now MS and IBM team up for software and services in the cloud ...
    The two American giants, IBM and Microsoft have formed a cross alliance to bring their business software on the cloud platform of each other, where they are however in direct competition.
    The underlying issue is to offer their respective cloud platform catalog's strongest professional software. Both have already signed agreements with Oracle and SAP to host some of their offers SaaS (Software as a Service).
    Seems that the (SaaS) platform/vendor agnostic approach is now the norm "in the cloud".
    Wondering if this is OT, BTW

edit : un-smoke it => where to host BES in the cloud when anti-Amazon actors (IBM+MS) are publicly teaming up ? (re my long ago prayer for Amazon+BlackBerry high grade enterprise cloud hosting partnership. underlying: who else ?)
    morganplus8, Mr BBRY, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    10-23-14 09:13 AM
    I'm using Bloomberg. Not nearly as nice but it works. Just find the stock specific news (go into watch list and tap on a stock) is horribly out of date. Last week was showing BlackBerry news as old as July. Now is updated to Sept at least(and some from this week too).

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I noticed that too. The app itself is nice n'all too. I'm using the Stocks app on Android, it's pretty basic and it does the job for me. The Bloomberg one was a bit confusing.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-23-14 09:16 AM
    Cloud : IBM et Microsoft nouent une alliance crois�e

Now MS and IBM team up for software and services in the cloud ...

Seems that the (SaaS) platform/vendor agnostic approach is now the norm "in the cloud".
    Wondering if this is OT, BTW

edit : un-smoke it => where to host BES in the cloud when anti-Amazon actors (IBM+MS) are publicly teaming up ? (re my long ago prayer for Amazon+BlackBerry high grade enterprise cloud hosting partnership. underlying: who else ?)
    Time for BlackBerry to announce another strategic partnership

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and lech31 like this.
    10-23-14 09:34 AM
113,256 ... 29342935293629372938 ...