View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Just don't take the bait, and don't feed the trolls. Just report.

I'll feel every time someone tries to take on a troll it simply feeds their ego and moves the post back to the top of the board. More people see it and it fuels the fire. They don't need the attention, let the posts die.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.800 I Bell | CB10
    Agree sir...that's why this thread is the best...polite discourse and helpful folks

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    10-21-14 09:05 PM
    Oh...I've answered 80( ish ) emails (PoP3), spent in excess of two hours on the phone, web researched more than a dozen LSD locations and perused CB since 5am this morning (now 8 pm)...and streamed music to my Sonos for over three hours...still have 38% battery . Do that on any other device...vent over.

10-21-14 09:13 PM
    Oh...I've answered 80( ish ) emails (PoP3), spent in excess of two hours on the phone, web researched more than a dozen LSD locations and perused CB since 5am this morning (now 8 pm)...and streamed music to my Sonos for over three hours...still have 38% battery . Do that on any other device...vent over.

That's awesome. I especially love how it finds LSD for you.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 11:19 PM

Z30 could pull that off
    LoL

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 01:43 AM
    Apple issues security warning for iCloud after Chinese users targeted #CTVNews
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/apple...eted-1.2065005

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 01:59 AM
    Not sure why people still make reports on the Lenovo rumor ... yet, I found this part pretty interesting in this article :
    BlackBerry: The Process Begins Again - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

At the end of September update, a little more than 92.2 million shares were short the name. That's about 50% off the peak set in June 2013. We have seen four straight increases in short interest, but the overall rise only totals about 4.19%. There is still a decent amount of shares short, but BlackBerry is no longer the major short squeeze candidate it once was.
    Besides the squeeze I don't really care of, does this represent a "normal" level of shorts or are we still pretty high ? Ok, though : Is that article meant to protect shorts from squeeze?

Have a nice day gang !
    jxnb, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    10-22-14 04:21 AM
    A good summary of what is (and is not) reason to consider buying BBRY...

http://investorplace.com/2014/10/bbr.../#.VEd_WWpMXbM

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 05:01 AM
    Great article about the Mercedes team and the Blackberries they use.

"I have the Passport, which is really good, because it's replaced my MacBook"
    - Toto Wolff

http://www.phonedog.com/2014/10/21/b...aign=BlinkFeed

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 06:37 AM
    Can anyone confirm that his average is still that high???

I can't see a pro like him not play a block here and there to average-down while under the trading disclosure radar.

Anyone? Morgan perhaps?
    Bacon!!

You are so right, that average was his pre-Bond issue average, he has since purchased those bonds (50 MM share equiv.) and sold approximately 9 MM shares just above $ 10.00 ..... the new average is closer to $ 13.60/shr/US and you can back out some bond interest gains for the past year to say he is closing in on the area of $ 13.40/shr today. The media aren't into facts so much as they are more about impact.

Prem could sell the balance of his shares and retain the bonds, not likely given the fact that he survived a huge risk in owning the stock throughout its transition into what it is today. I believe he'll want to be paid handsomely for taking on that risk. It is possible that he is trying to hedge some of those shares, but again, I don't think he wants to mess with a potential big pay day in the near future.
    10-22-14 06:50 AM
    OT: Apple Pay Double Trouble. Some users are finding double charges to their bank accounts when using Apple Pay. When contacted Apple said they can't do anything about it, the bank when contacted said it was a problem at Apples end.

http://money.cnn.com/video/technolog...ney/index.html

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, bungaboy, jxnb and 14 others like this.
    10-22-14 07:19 AM
    OT: Apple Pay Double Trouble. Some users are finding double charges to their bank accounts when using Apple Pay. When contacted Apple said they can't do anything about it, the bank when contacted said it was a problem at Apples end.

Apple Pay's double trouble - Video - Technology

Posted via CB10

Customer's fault. They aren't tapping right.
    10-22-14 07:25 AM
    That's awesome. I especially love how it finds LSD for you.

Posted via CB10
    Blotter or micro-dot?
    10-22-14 07:37 AM
    Not sure why people still make reports on the Lenovo rumor ... yet, I found this part pretty interesting in this article :
    BlackBerry: The Process Begins Again - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

Besides the squeeze I don't really care of, does this represent a "normal" level of shorts or are we still pretty high ? Ok, though : Is that article meant to protect shorts from squeeze?

Have a nice day gang !
    No its still high, but much of it may be by holders of the convertible at this point...

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-22-14 07:41 AM
    Good news if apple pay is not working properly. They may have to put it on hold. Also another issue with their latest product launch.

They are slowly becoming known as being unreliable.

Honestly if they hadn't launched Apple pay, their latest launch would have simply been a larger iphone 5 with nfc.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 08:32 AM
    10-22-14 09:10 AM
    Indeed...I've been using the Kindle App since getting the Passport...it does work very well and syncs nicely with my Kindle...so, so far the addition of a Passport to my life has resulted in losing my Kindle and my iPad from the travel bag - exactly what I'd hoped!

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 09:31 AM
    Meanwhile,on phonedog.. ;-)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141022_163614.png
    georg4BB, bungaboy, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    10-22-14 09:37 AM
    Haha they hate us because we always win!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, La Emperor and sidhuk like this.
    10-22-14 09:53 AM
    Indeed...I've been using the Kindle App since getting the Passport...it does work very well and syncs nicely with my Kindle...so, so far the addition of a Passport to my life has resulted in losing my Kindle and my iPad from the travel bag - exactly what I'd hoped!

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Havn't touched ipad since I got passport. The funny thing is that z30 got sold in no time but IPAD is still unsold in 4 weeks. I got 2 emails offering low low ball and one nintendo trade.
    Edit: since I made this post. Must add that kindle app flips pages by pressing space bar and brings up page setup option by pressing back space key.
    The search feature works great too.

Attachment 308450
    Last edited by sidhuk; 10-22-14 at 10:16 AM.
    10-22-14 09:55 AM
    What? A positive review from a Canadian columnist? Worth posting here...

Jonathan Kay: Why I?m hooked on the clunky new Blackberry Passport, the world?s first male-gendered smartphone | National Post

It was four weeks ago when I handled the new Blackberry Passport for the first time. (This video, with my colleague Armina Ligaya, captures the moment.) I was tempted to write about the Blackberry-provided review device then and there, because I thought the radically large, chunky design was bold and innovative. But I didn’t — because I sensed that the Passport is so radically different in form from other Smartphones that it would take several weeks to appreciate its advantages and disadvantages. So I stuck my iPhone in a drawer and spent the last month immersed in the Passport lifestyle.

By now, the technical features of the Passport are well known to gadget aficionados: It’s a half-pound slab with the same 2-D profile dimensions of its namesake (Canadian) government-issued passport; a huge, square 81mm x 81mm screen; a long-lasting 3,450 mAh battery; and, most importantly, a revolutionary three-row iteration of the famous, physical Blackberry keyboard, featuring well-spaced notably oversized keys. Even seasoned Blackberry fans are shocked by the layout when they first see it.

Since switching from my old Blackberry Curve to an iPhone many years ago, I never really got over my lingering preference for hard keys. In fact, I briefly switched back to Blackberry in 2013 when the Q10 came out — but I returned to the iPhone after observing that many common tasks on that device were relatively slow, and that the Blackberry OS still had serious drawbacks and glitches compared to iPhone and Android products. (I also had a brief dalliance with the Samsung Note in 2011, but gave up on it, except as a book reader: Its huge size made it big enough to use as a mini-computer, but its suitability for that purpose was squandered by a lack of physical keyboard.)

After a month with the Passport, it’s become clear that the updated Blackberry OS 10.3, combined with the enhanced speed and image-capture capabilities of the Passport’s Qualcomm processor, yield a machine that feels as fast as my iPhone 5 for just about every common smartphone task — including web- and Twitter-surfing on the Passport’s massive, beautifully detailed screen. I did get some lag when I used some of the advanced camera features, but this was compensated for by excellent, sometimes even artistic, photo quality.

Moreover, the availability of the Amazon Appstore partially cures one of the biggest problems I’d faced in migrating back to Blackberry: the absence of native Blackberry versions of my favourite iPhone apps, such as NPR One and mSecure. In at least one case, I still haven’t been able to find a satisfactory Blackberry-installed version of a commonly used finance app. But the ability to use Android apps on the Passport through direct download is extremely promising.

Because of its radically different form, the Blackberry Passport alters the very idea of a Smartphone in a manner that must be termed existential. With my iPhone, I’d gotten used to lazily holding it in my right hand, casually swiping through tweets and emails with my thumb as I drank coffee with my left. The Passport, on the other hand, demands the commitment of two hands, because your right thumb can’t get past the T button. That sounds like a drawback, and it certainly feels like one when, say, you’re using an umbrella. But it also made me less tempted to use the Passport at times when a person really, really shouldn’t be using a Smartphone — such as when you’re stuck in traffic.

The Passport truly excels when you have 10 2-handed minutes — not the 30-second one-handed snippets I often would steal on my iPhone — to plough through a long list of email, edit a document or spreadsheet on Docs To Go, or read an essay-length article on the web. When your plane lands, for instance, and you desperately need to get the inbox from 30 to 10 before your luggage arrives — that’s when the productivity-enhancing size of the Passport truly shines. The massive keyboard, once you learn to use it properly (it takes a few weeks to really get your fingers up to speed on the new button size), has been a game-changer for my work. I’ve written whole articles on the Passport, something I never used to do with the iPhone or even the Q10.

The touch-sensitive sweep-scrolling feature built into the keyboard itself is a brilliant technological innovation, since it allows you to maximize the amount of time your fingers are positioned on the keys: As with the ergonomics of a real computer, time spent fishing around with a mouse or on-screen touch gestures tends to be an inefficient time-waster. I found this feature to be especially useful with Twitter, when I was trying to micro-edit Tweets in order to correct syntax or reduce character count — an often frustrating experience with any smartphone. On the Passport, I was able to lightly double-tap the keyboard, enter cursor-control mode, float the cursor surgically into exactly the correct spot with my thumb never leaving the keyboard, then lightly double-tap again to resume editing.

The system also permits brush-up and brush-down gestures on the keyboard to select predictive text and enter surrogate keyboard modes for numbers, foreign accents and punctuation. This took me a day or two to intuit. But once you learn the gestures, you can spend whole hours with the Passport during which your fingers never really have to touch the screen — a huge efficiency boon.

But none of this changes one fact: The Passport is big. Super big. So big that I could show it to my kids’ friends and convince most of them that it is some sort of Cro-Magnon relic from the 1990s. My iPhone often ended up in a shirt pocket. But that feels awkward with the Passport. In fact, there are a few shirts I own that actually do not permit this without busting the pocket stitching. When I asked my wife to try it with some of her blouses, she couldn’t get the Passport to fit in any of them. Even in my pants, the Passport was an awkward fit. It really only makes sense in a jacket, briefcase or purse. So to state the obvious: This business-oriented phone is hardly the ideal phone for, say, the beach or hiking trail.

This may explain the intensely gendered response I got to my Passport when I was seen using it in public places like Starbucks, McDonalds, Taco Del Mar or office-building elevators. Over the last month, numerous strangers have approached me to ask about the device. They are always men. The women I’ve shown the Passport to — including female colleagues, my wife and her friends — seem vaguely horrified by the thing. Even with two hands, the Passport feels like something that fell off the bottom of an old fridge. I assure them that they’d get used to it in a few days, if they give it a chance. But the starkly boxy aesthetics scare them off.

As for me, I’m hooked. The iPhone remains in its drawer. The Passport has become my everyday device. As a user who sees a Smartphone as something primarily designed for banging out short-to-medium length email, interacting on social media, taking and sharing family photos, and reading long-form content on the web, it’s the best machine I’ve ever owned.

And it’s great to get my fingers back on those rounded Blackberry buttons, even if only 50% of the population appreciates their true ergonomic beauty.
    Last edited by Corbu; 10-22-14 at 10:48 AM.
    10-22-14 10:37 AM
    LoL. Thumb could never make it past the T key?
    Not sure he is praising or bashing? Can't fit in pocket. Thats BS
    Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-22-14 10:49 AM
    Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Yeah, my thumb touches the Q just fine and the phone fits my pants and shirt pockets.
    10-22-14 10:56 AM
    I plan to buy Passport around Christmas. But John Chen mentioned there is another exciting device (Passport 2.0) in the works and to be launched (I think) in first quarter of next yr- what if that's leaked by Christmas! Will I buy Passport or wait for 2.0!!!

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    10-22-14 11:00 AM
    ... I especially love how it finds LSD for you.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, so that is why people are calling the Passport 'dope'.

I wonder if this stock price Ghost Recon can hold the line into next week!?
    Almost seems like the market sees more than a rumor with the Lenovo gig, even though it was mostly dispelled.

Another possible view is that the market may be comfortable enough with the current position of BlackBerry that it is willing to dangle those dollars.

Puzzled.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 10-22-14 at 12:04 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-22-14 11:06 AM
    Not an all out positive review for sure. But heck, these guys are so timid and afraid of going against the grain that we should give him credit for giving it a shot at least, while so many run for the traditional icover...

Btw, I am not fond of his gender characterization. Somewhat insulting. At least to the women I know (and those I don't!) who are fond of technology and innovation... But that's another story.
    10-22-14 11:11 AM
113,250 ... 29322933293429352936 ...