View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'll save you the time I just wasted reading this rather lame, somewhat biased and not particularly enlightened review:
    BlackBerry Passport Review - Enough to Keep Fans Hanging On? | TechnoBuffalo

PROS
    Great battery life
    Solid Camera
    BlackBerry Blend is Awesome
    Sharp screen

CONS
    Bizarre form factor
    Three Row QWERTY Not as Good as a Four Row
    Software Bugs
    Still a poor selection of apps
    The reviewer gave it a rating of 7.0

I think he deserves a 6.0 for his run-of-the-mill effort.
    10-20-14 02:40 PM
    Interesting to see it is still up even after Bezinga confirmed that prev rumour was untrue
    10-20-14 02:50 PM
    Interesting to see it is still up even after Bezinga confirmed that prev rumour was untrue
    BungaDude's Theory of Serial Numbers! LoL
    10-20-14 03:04 PM
    It'll be interesting to see what happens when that comes out more clearly...seems we all here were quite clear it was BS, seems many others didn't. What a day...made some moves I hope will pay off...

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-20-14 03:04 PM
    How come we didn't talk about IBM today? Lol

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-20-14 03:50 PM
    First of all, just smell that investment air, BBRY is tearing it up today, if AAPL were trading at the BBRY equivalent of $ 106.67/shr today the whole world would be hearing about it and CNBC would not stop talking about it with Cramer telling us all that he predicted the massive rally. So enjoy that monster move that few know about while you think about trading this play.

BlackBerry is racing toward its technical high resistance level of $ 10.80 - $ 10.90/shr/US and there is little reason to think it won't get there. The news has been great, rumours are popping up and the stock is rallying in greater % levels then it does fall over the same period. When a stock performs better to the upside than the downside, you should take notice. Can you trade the stock? Sure, the risk is balanced against missing out on what drove the stock higher in the first place. You are going against the grain when you decide the stock has run too far. So the best thing you can do as an investor is to stage your exit point to that of a logical one that others might be looking at as well.

I assume you are referring to CDN pricing when you mention $ 12.00?? If that is correct, then you should dispense of that number in favour of the US equivalent, namely $ 10.80/sh/US as your target for selling CDN priced stocks. By using the US chart, you are free of currency issues that plague trading. Now, back to selling, you have to believe in the TA on BBRY to even begin to figure out your strategy, so a combination of the stock hitting $ 10.80/shr/US and the RSI = 70 or greater (plus 70 is over-bought) are the two targets that need to be met. If the stock gets to $ 10.80/shr and the RSI is less than 70, you don't sell. Plain and simple, you need to also look at the news that got us there! News is everything, stocks trade on their TA until something new happens that changes the valuation of the company.

So I would look for the $ 10.80/shr/US level for my price, the RSI for my over-bought indicator (there are many more but we want everyone to play along here and not just a few) and I would review the news to see if there is some staying power in that news. Based upon all of this information I would be looking to get out of BB.TO around $ 12.25/shr/CDN and to re-enter it at levels determined by a completely new set of rules for a stock that is falling. There you have it from a guy that has successfully traded the stock 2 times this year; from a stock that could have been traded the same way 5 - 6 times! LOL GL
    Morgan,

That was a LOT better analysis than I was expecting for my question. But having said that it's extremely helpful.

"So the best thing you can do as an investor is to stage your exit point to that of a logical one that others might be looking at as well." is probably the best advice. Stick to the plan, pick up when low and keep until reaches the exit point I've set. The emotional trading is what I was thinking of and emotion is what I should keep out of the equation.

Maybe I'll examine things a little more in depth tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again,
    Really appreciate it

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, lech31 and 8 others like this.
    10-20-14 04:17 PM
    10-20-14 04:32 PM
    I'm sorry to say, but I feel somewhat responsible for this (at least one one millionth responsible). I purchased two iPads to replace my two Playbooks last month for my kids.

Forgive me BBRY shareholders, for I have sinned. If it's any consolation, I personally don't like the iPads, and think the OS is boring. They were merely a purchase because it was the path of least resistance to give my wife and kids what they wanted (or what they thought they wanted). I shall make up for my sins by showing every corporate boardroom I enter how amazing my new Passport is, thereby convincing hundreds that BlackBerry is far from dead and actively producing the hottest smartphone on the market! Lol... Cheers to a great day, gang!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-20-14 04:53 PM
    Continuing up in after hours. Hmm.. so un-BlackBerrylike.
    It should have gone up $0.03 on the rumour, and down $1.03 on the truth.

I really have no idea what I'm doing, do I?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:12 PM
    I'm sorry to say, but I feel somewhat responsible for this (at least one one millionth responsible). I purchased two iPads to replace my two Playbooks last month for my kids.

Forgive me BBRY shareholders, for I have sinned. If it's any consolation, I personally don't like the iPads, and think the OS is boring. They were merely a purchase because it was the path of least resistance to give my wife and kids what they wanted (or what they thought they wanted). I shall make up for my sins by showing every corporate boardroom I enter how amazing my new Passport is, thereby convincing hundreds that BlackBerry is far from dead and actively producing the hottest smartphone on the market! Lol... Cheers to a great day, gang!

No worries Mr. BBRY, You're forgiven

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    10-20-14 05:35 PM
    Continuing up in after hours. Hmm.. so un-BlackBerrylike.
    It should have gone up $0.03 on the rumour, and down $1.03 on the truth.

I really have no idea what I'm doing, do I?

Posted via CB10
    I hear you man. I sold mine in the trading account with a hope to get back in tomorrow after AH drop. Looks like that's not happening, darn it.

bungaboy likes this.
    10-20-14 05:37 PM
    I think these two companies are not actually competitors any more.

I bought a passport and 4 iPhone 6's for my family. I guess I helped drive both stocks up (in the smallest imaginable way)?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    10-20-14 05:42 PM
    I think these two companies are not actually competitors any more.

I bought a passport and 4 iPhone 6's for my family. I guess I helped drive both stocks up (in the smallest imaginable way)?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    I concur. Just having a little fun. I'm glad we can separate the two, but we can't change the fact that public and media perception will continue to use Apple as the benchmark for all things tech. But yes, BlackBerry is a world of a difference from Apple... it's that much better!

app_Developer likes this.
    10-20-14 05:53 PM
    It isn't bad for you to feel that way. Not bad at all. Anyone know any mediocre hackers to get through Apple's security?

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    About 8 yrs ago I wouldda tried it myself.... now my employer sort of frowns on that sort of thing

Posted via CB10
    TimJohnSmith likes this.
    10-20-14 06:01 PM
    I'm surprised Crackberry covered that news though, aren't they usually careful to check their own sources before things like that? Or are rumours the exception?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, not sure why they felt that it was credible...kinda lazy IMO.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    CDM76, morganplus8, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    10-20-14 06:16 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141020_192659.jpg
    Just got these!
    Passports for wife and me!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:35 PM
    I believe we can strike the MS option. Seems they want to go alone on the ring and have a antagonist position with Amazon. Plus support for Linux...
    http://seekingalpha.com/news/2043075...=25#email_link

Feelings...

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and rarsen like this.
    10-20-14 06:52 PM
    I believe we can strike the MS option. Seems they want to go alone on the ring and have a antagonist position with Amazon. Plus support for Linux...
    http://seekingalpha.com/news/2043075...=25#email_link

Feelings...

Posted via CB10
    I thought they would do this...they can afford to keep trying.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-20-14 07:07 PM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Long and just hold mode... Chen has Blackberry on the move.... let the magic happen! November 13... more great Blackberry news....

From my ***** Passport

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, CDM76 and 2 others like this.
    10-20-14 07:24 PM
    Okay, be honest! Which one of you are Tyler Florence?!

Just popped in to say ShopBB still sold out in Canada, US and UK. (y)

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    10-20-14 07:26 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, an idea from the UK Government worth considering in other countries. And something from the very dark places of the FBI...

Britain proposes jail for internet trolls | ZDNet
    FBI Director: Mobile encryption could lead us to 'very dark place' | ZDNet
    Corbu, CDM76 and sidhuk like this.
    10-20-14 08:03 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    How Popular is the Blackberry Passport, you say?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141021_102339.png

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:26 PM
    How Popular is the Blackberry Passport, you say?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141021_102339.png 
Views:	1760 
Size:	913.1 KB 
ID:	307921

Posted via CB10
    Hubba Hubba (whistling)
    Man! What a piece of gear!
    I think my nipples are hard!.......

....... oh, and the girl is cute too.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    10-20-14 08:46 PM
    Hubba Hubba (whistling)
    Man! What a piece of gear!
    I think my nipples are hard!.......

....... oh, and the girl is cute too.

Posted via CB10
    Lol! I feel the same

bungaboy likes this.
    10-20-14 08:48 PM
    Some more IMEI info. Can't be using the about screen.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=912150

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:53 PM
113,256 ... 29292930293129322933 ...