View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I saw a number of tweets with the lenovo rumor this morning. Guess we'll see how it plays out.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-20-14 05:59 AM
    Seeking Alpha this morning...the article says 'ignore the rumors, invest in BlackBerry profitability' - good message if readers look past the headline...

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2573...for-blackberry

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:07 AM
    There is another rumor that Apple will be renamed Banana to fit better with current device features.[/QUOTE]

Like the soft outer case??? Lol

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    10-20-14 06:24 AM
    Acacia Subsidiary Enters into an Agreement with Blackberry Corporation and Blackberry Limited | Business Wire

Acacia Subsidiary Enters into an Agreement with Blackberry Corporation and Blackberry Limited

October 20, 2014 06:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Acacia Research Corporation (NASDAQ: ACTG) announced today that its Cell and Network Selection LLC subsidiary entered into an agreement with Blackberry Corporation and Blackberry Limited. The agreement resolved litigation that was pending between Cell and Network Selection LLC and Blackberry in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.

ABOUT ACACIA RESEARCH CORPORATION

Founded in 1993, Acacia Research Corporation (NASDAQ: ACTG) is the industry leader in patent licensing. An intermediary in the patent marketplace, Acacia partners with inventors and patent owners to unlock the financial value in their patented inventions. Acacia bridges the gap between invention and application, facilitating efficiency and delivering monetary rewards to the patent owner.
    10-20-14 07:33 AM
    Im so surprised that this rumour is even effecting the Sp in pre-market.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-20-14 08:10 AM
    Im so surprised that this rumour is even effecting the Sp in pre-market.
    Just don't be surprised when the SP tanks if the market finds out the rumor was not true. We've seen that movie before.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    bungaboy, Corbu, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    10-20-14 08:24 AM
    sad but true
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    10-20-14 08:30 AM
    10-20-14 08:33 AM
    OT: HALO killing it this morning with some good PR. Let's hope it gets it moving.
    10-20-14 08:34 AM
    Wow, big spike in share price at the open... trickling back down now.

This must have been fuelled by the Lenovo rumour, there really isn't a whole lot of other BB information out there this morning that I can find.
    10-20-14 08:53 AM
    YES that's a definite possibility but I believe blackberry has a huge advantage with their NOC. It's already there, waiting for a billion devices to start communicating securely for really cheap.

Posted via CB10
    It's here and (soon to be) BIS free ... realocate space ... hum ... was it part of the plan when they gave up BIS with BB10 ? Talk about a "vision" ...
    10-20-14 08:56 AM
    (in response to Wojie's question. Sorry, I hit reply instead of reply with quote):

My comment regarding a possible dealing with Cisco was an afterthought with the upcoming BBM meetings vs. WebEX.
    I can't help but think that there is a fit if not by way of a common meetings app, then perhaps something else that Cisco and BlackBerry have in a common marriage (not to be confused with common-law marriage). Lol.
    FWIW, I noticed that we (BlackBerry Elite) went from the Adobe meeting solution to Webex's lately ... (salt it good, please).
    10-20-14 09:04 AM
    Kid Vibe!!!

Welcome back! Hope all is good with you?

Here is what it's all about for BlackBerry, it's called renewal of their Brand:

Attachment 307305

I couldn't wait to get home to see my new phone, I opened the shipping box at the first light, then the phone box at the next light, and then .....

We are starting to see some excitement in the brand again, they have tons of cash, zero debt and some products that are getting some buzz. I had to drive to my carrier to pickup a Nano SIM card and they don't offer this phone so everyone went wild reviewing mine while the Apple iPhone 6 customer just stood there being ignored! This is a great phone, feels good in your hand and the battery life is crazy. I used it all day yesterday in the US and shut it down late last night with 68% left on the battery. Then there is the "Blend" that Superfly talked about, that is the best thing to come along in years. Now when I get home, I can take up where I left off with my PC controlling my messages, too cool.

So there is a sense of buzz going around for BlackBerry, we are wondering just how many of these Passports they can sell and just what number they will replace. The stock is cheap down here, building a base and above its 200-dma again, it wants to go higher. I have stated that I see a strong end of year rally for BlackBerry that won't slow down until the end of January. So there is the short of it, many are becoming believers again in the brand and as soon as we have one more stock purchaser versus the chronic sellers that have plagued us for the past few years, we will move higher as shorts begin that long process of unwinding their positions.

Stay in touch bro!!!
    This one is for you Morgan, a special milestone for the biggest value added contributor, against all odds and trolls, IRL and online.
    You know I "love" you all, gang but this tribute was due and I'm sure no one would see any offence here.
    It's obvioulsy meant to be collective though and could'nt (and will not) be posted anywhere else but here.

Hope we'll dance high before the next 10Ks
    Cheers
    SF

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-10k.jpg
    10-20-14 09:12 AM
    Looks like I missed the train ... glad for the stock, but I wish I had my founds before as I set a rule "nothing over USD9".
    anyways, was a tiny move, again ...
    Ok, now you can rocket, BaBe
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    10-20-14 09:21 AM
    Security related test
    http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/10/app...cked-in-china/

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-20-14 09:29 AM
    10-20-14 10:21 AM
    Question of the day. Do I sell at 12$ and buy back again at 10$??? Always scared of selling to soon and it not back down so can buy back in

Without giving advice (cya) what are people thinking? Opinions on how price going to act today / this week?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 10:41 AM
    OT. http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/appl...pple-1.2805865

Is it bad that I'd love to see this get hacked or some how screw up???? Another failure by Apple would damage their rep (and claim of being secure) that much more.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 10:44 AM
    Time for another chart, today we are trying to close above the 50-dma which is at $ 10.00 even:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-oct-20-2014.png

This is a strong rally that has its first stop slated for $ 10.80/shr again both on the horz. channels and the down sloping line from the recent highs. The difference this time around is the fact that the RSI = 56 so we have room to climb here without becoming over-bought.

Do I believe that Lenovo has a chance in hell of making an offer for BBRY? No, their biggest purchase was for $ 450 MM and they missed BBRY completely at $ 4.5 B and now they can find the money for a $ 12 B company? They aren't nearly large enough to capitalize on such a purchase. But the buzz continues for BB, their new products are great, BES12 is around the corner, all the ducks are aligning here for my end of the year rally. If the DOW has completed its sell-off (10% correction) then we are ready to go.

Thanks Superfly for all of your kind words, we all know that none of this thread as a whole, would exist without you so the real praise in everything we see and read, the many new relationships that we have enjoyed are directly the result of your contribution to the CB board. We have a great group of investors and just plain enjoyable members on this thread and you have spawned plenty of friendships because of this thread too. Let's make some money here as we challenge that 50-dma today (just close above $ 10.00 please), this is a big move for BBRY and our time has come. I can't say enough good things about my Passport and BB 10.3, BB has it right now, a great product that I'm proud to show off to everyone out there. I also think the Classic is going to be a barn burner too, with BB 10.3 it is going to be in demand. Good call on "Blend" Superfly, I use it every day now! LOL

OT ALERT!!
    Yes, HALO is having a great year, fantastic news today and all that is left is to hear from a major partner on one of their drugs. The stock maybe slow to rally but the news is amazing. I can wait for that explosion in price, be patient.
    10-20-14 10:46 AM
    BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)
    -NasdaqGS In Watchlist
    10.23 Up 0.74(7.80%) 11:49AM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price

YEE-HAWWW! This is fun!
    10-20-14 10:49 AM
    10-20-14 11:05 AM
    Edit: [Same link as above post]

A well articulated article on why he bought a passport:

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...nes?_mSplash=1

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:06 AM
    Edit: [Same link as above post]

A well articulated article on why he bought a passport:

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...nes?_mSplash=1

Posted via CB10
    That's just fine...it's worth a second read

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    Corbu, sidhuk, La Emperor and 2 others like this.
    10-20-14 11:27 AM
    Question of the day. Do I sell at 12$ and buy back again at 10$??? Always scared of selling to soon and it not back down so can buy back in

Without giving advice (cya) what are people thinking? Opinions on how price going to act today / this week?

Posted via CB10
    First of all, just smell that investment air, BBRY is tearing it up today, if AAPL were trading at the BBRY equivalent of $ 106.67/shr today the whole world would be hearing about it and CNBC would not stop talking about it with Cramer telling us all that he predicted the massive rally. So enjoy that monster move that few know about while you think about trading this play.

BlackBerry is racing toward its technical high resistance level of $ 10.80 - $ 10.90/shr/US and there is little reason to think it won't get there. The news has been great, rumours are popping up and the stock is rallying in greater % levels then it does fall over the same period. When a stock performs better to the upside than the downside, you should take notice. Can you trade the stock? Sure, the risk is balanced against missing out on what drove the stock higher in the first place. You are going against the grain when you decide the stock has run too far. So the best thing you can do as an investor is to stage your exit point to that of a logical one that others might be looking at as well.

I assume you are referring to CDN pricing when you mention $ 12.00?? If that is correct, then you should dispense of that number in favour of the US equivalent, namely $ 10.80/sh/US as your target for selling CDN priced stocks. By using the US chart, you are free of currency issues that plague trading. Now, back to selling, you have to believe in the TA on BBRY to even begin to figure out your strategy, so a combination of the stock hitting $ 10.80/shr/US and the RSI = 70 or greater (plus 70 is over-bought) are the two targets that need to be met. If the stock gets to $ 10.80/shr and the RSI is less than 70, you don't sell. Plain and simple, you need to also look at the news that got us there! News is everything, stocks trade on their TA until something new happens that changes the valuation of the company.

So I would look for the $ 10.80/shr/US level for my price, the RSI for my over-bought indicator (there are many more but we want everyone to play along here and not just a few) and I would review the news to see if there is some staying power in that news. Based upon all of this information I would be looking to get out of BB.TO around $ 12.25/shr/CDN and to re-enter it at levels determined by a completely new set of rules for a stock that is falling. There you have it from a guy that has successfully traded the stock 2 times this year; from a stock that could have been traded the same way 5 - 6 times! LOL GL
    sidhuk, Corbu, CDM76 and 19 others like this.
    10-20-14 11:35 AM
    That pretty much spells it out M+8. . Cheers. B

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    10-20-14 11:42 AM
113,250 ... 29272928292929302931 ...