Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Where does this information come from?

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    Both are investing heavily in IOT, both are benefiting from QNX. It's just a rumor but here are some facts:

Cisco announced a $4B R&D investment with the government of Ontario last December. They've been tweeting and promoting IOT as a $ 19Trillion market.

They're recently promoting advances in medical industry as well.

Re: $ 4B investment:
    http://m.theglobeandmail.com/report-...service=mobile

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, CDM76 and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-18-14 04:43 PM
    Both are investing heavily in IOT, both are benefiting from QNX. It's just a rumor but here are some facts:

Cisco announced a $4B R&D investment with the government of Ontario last December. They've been tweeting and promoting IOT as a $ 19Trillion market.

How much is BlackBerry actually investing in IoT? Has Chen put a number on it. Didn't their VP in charge of the IoT effort just leave?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    10-18-14 04:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yah but what does BlackBerry have that cisco wants or needs??

That R&D investment is almost half of BlackBerry's market cap.

Sounds like a big fat competitor. And everyone has to say they are into IoT and medical since that basically says into the future.

There is plenty of future to go around. The winners will have the better solutions.

Posted with my flash Passport
    CDM76 and theblaze like this.
    10-18-14 06:03 PM

Sounds like a big fat competitor. And everyone has to say they are into IoT and medical since that basically says into the future.

There is plenty of future to go around. The winners will have the better solutions.

YES that's a definite possibility but I believe blackberry has a huge advantage with their NOC. It's already there, waiting for a billion devices to start communicating securely for really cheap.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, theblaze and 1 others like this.
    10-18-14 06:30 PM
    How much is BlackBerry actually investing in IoT? Has Chen put a number on it. Didn't their VP in charge of the IoT effort just leave?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    How about you tell us? You seem to be knowledgeable.
    10-18-14 07:28 PM

One word.......NOC

Edit: don't forget Cisco is a client of QNX. They are running QNX in their router / firewall software. Ease if integration.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 07:37 PM
    Well . . . I'm calling BS on this.

I have, in front of me, 4 new Passports

Build dates:

September 9, 2014, Ordered from Shop Blackberry.ca Launch day, September 24th, Shipped September 25th
    September 12, 2014,
    September 30, 2014
    October 8, 2014 Backordered from Shop Blackberry.ca October 3rd, Shipped October 15th.

The spread in the 1st and 4th phone serial numbers off the Shop BlackBerry.ca paaperwork is = 379,745!

Suzie Quatros!

Attachment 306816
    Great work!

What you posted seems to be supported a craig_ 21 on seeking alpha. I think, he is an employee in BB production plant in Mexico and claims that they have produced and shipped over 400k of Passports and there is another large order to be delivered.
    bungaboy, CDM76, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    10-18-14 08:09 PM
    10-18-14 08:14 PM
    As $hitty as it sounds..... I'd be happy to sell at 15. But prem wouldn't. So 18 would be minimum I'd see him accepting.

18-20 and I'm sold regardless. That would solidify my retirement in a heart beat.

Unfortunately I don't see GoC or USA gov approving that deal.

But shows is worth more than current market price.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 10-18-14 at 08:56 PM.
    10-18-14 08:18 PM
    How many times must we go down this road. GoC will never let this happen. They blocked it once, and they will block it again.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, Corbu, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    10-18-14 08:40 PM
    As ****ty as it sounds..... I'd be happy to sell at 15. But prem wouldn't. So 18 would be minimum I'd see him accepting.

18-20 and I'm sold regardless. That would solidify my retirement in a heart beat.

Unfortunately I don't see GoC or USA gov approving that deal.

But shows is worth more than current market price.

Posted via CB10
    The US government doesn't have a say. BlackBerry is a Canadian company and answers to Canadian law only.

Posted via CB10
    Kia is a hack for Apple and Blackberry shorts. Kia spreads lies, Blackberry will rise like a giant. Passport selling very well.
    Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    The US government doesn't have a say. BlackBerry is a Canadian company and answers to Canadian law only.

Posted via CB10
    Actually. As bbry is sold on USA exchange they do have a say. Also Cdn law allows for other interested parties to have input (via Intervener status). So the USA gov definitely has some say.....
    Above and beyond the politics behind closed doors.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CDM76; 10-18-14 at 11:23 PM.
    10-18-14 08:58 PM
    Anyone playing this one? Sell a bit on the ride up?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:02 PM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Re Lenovo: would rather them make a strategic investment (minority position) in Blackberry and partner with them to make an impact in China with the Blackberry Brand

... that would be huge for BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:02 PM
    Re Lenovo: would rather them make a strategic investment (minority position) in Blackberry and partner with them to make an impact in China with the Blackberry Brand

... that would be huge for BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Let them license bb10 or something and give them rights to dominate the Chinese market.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, La Emperor and georg4BB like this.
    10-18-14 10:14 PM
    That KIA ****** is full of it. I'm too lazy to do it but feel like making up a story that is the inverse of his and post it.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:19 PM
    But Bungaboy, where exactly did you find those numbers? Where on the phone? Or are the numbers somewhere on your paperwork from the ShopBlackBerry? Or did you find the numbers from Phone ID information in one of the menu items?

Thanks in advance for this info, man!
    10-19-14 01:58 AM
    Does JC's trip to HK add any cred to the Lenovo rumours?

Flicked out via Zed30
    10-19-14 03:24 AM
    Does JC's trip to HK add any cred to the Lenovo rumours?

Flicked out via Zed30
    No.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:39 AM
    But Bungaboy, where exactly did you find those numbers? Where on the phone? Or are the numbers somewhere on your paperwork from the ShopBlackBerry? Or did you find the numbers from Phone ID information in one of the menu items?

Thanks in advance for this info, man!
    It can be found in the 'about' tab under settings:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141019_075721.png

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    10-19-14 08:59 AM
    0736-1948-4358
    Received Oct 15

10-19-14 09:27 AM
    YES that's a definite possibility but I believe blackberry has a huge advantage with their NOC. It's already there, waiting for a billion devices to start communicating securely for really cheap.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure I see an advantage. BlackBerry has disused BIS NOC, distributed worldwide but server space is not a tight resource and I think Cisco already has some. Up scaling would be pretty easy for a company that specializes in secure network hardware.

Software, that's different but does Cisco want to do software?

10-19-14 09:34 AM
    It can be found in the 'about' tab under settings:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141019_075721.png 
Views:	1249 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	307277

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    Mine starts with 0735 too. Ordered on the launch day received in two days. Then 6106_7460

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-19-14 09:46 AM
    Not sure I see an advantage. BlackBerry has disused BIS NOC, distributed worldwide but server space is not a tight resource and I think Cisco already has some. Up scaling would be pretty easy for a company that specializes in secure network hardware.

Software, that's different but does Cisco want to do software?

Cisco is under pressure by its customers to adopt more of a software strategy as well. Customers are getting lots of offers of software only solutions that can do much of what Cisco does via hardware.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...software.htmlX
    10-19-14 10:43 AM
113,256 ... 29252926292729282929 ...