View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That's the best way to get the message to Verizon.. by letting them know you are talking your business to their competitor!

Posted via CB10
    I concur! My plan is to walk right into Verizon and show the manager and sales team my Passport and ask them to activate it for me on my account, knowing they can't. I'll then throw in a quick demo of what they are missing for good measure, and then inform them that I'll be transferring my number and business to AT&T. I hope it stings!!!
    10-16-14 08:15 AM
    And on related BlackBerry biz news. The back ordered Passports from Shopblackberry are starting to ship.

I ordered Oct 3 around 715pm ans got an email early this morning saying it shipped and was due in by noon!

There is at least one other similar post

Excited ? ...... YES

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    Same here, ordered on the third, and got and email early am confirming delivery for later today !

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 08:43 AM
    The phones are selling out because the shops did not want to order very many. Yes, it's good that they are selling out, but the fact is that shops put in very low orders for the phone in the first place. Still, it's much better than the last time, when millions of Z10 were sitting in back rooms while sales staff did their best to dissuade people from buying them.
    Posted via CB10
    It's not availible at Amazon Germany since two weeks (only few devices by other shops are available) and new shipment date is always in 12-13 days. I guess Amazon can order many devices without risk and sell them all.
    Supply is the main problem.

I hope BlackBerry will fix the supply issues until Christmas. Before then, the passport is a very exclusive device.
    And that's not bad, imho. It adds a kind of "mystery" to the device.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-16-14 08:59 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd shipments forecast cut at CIBC | Financial Post

Weak sales data for BlackBerry Ltd. devices prompted CIBC World Markets to reduce its shipment forecasts for the smartphone maker.

“Early indications are that Passport demand is ‘alright’ relative to modest expectations, with Google trends showing peak search interest similar to that of BB10’s #2 device,” analyst Todd Coupland told clients. “Shipments, however, are being held back by supply constraints for unique screens and keyboards that will limit any upside in fiscal Q3.”

He also noted that demand for aging BB7 devices and Z30 devices is quickly declining.

As a result, Mr. Coupland cut his fiscal Q3 shipment forecast to 1.6 million units from 2.3 million, along with a reduction to 1.5 million from 2.5 million for Q4.

BlackBerry chief executive John Chen’s long-term annual shipment target is 10 million, but Mr. Coupland doesn’t expect that will be achieved until fiscal 2017.

“Its position in hardware devices still needs to improve,” the analyst said, highlighting his shipment forecast of 6.8 million devices in fiscal 2016 and 2017.

“In our view, Blackberry’s turnaround has a way to go,” he added, reiterating a sector underperformer rating and US$6.25 price target on the stock.
    rarsen, FijiBB and dusdal like this.
    10-16-14 09:00 AM
    Why do I have feeling that either today or tomorrow the market is going to level off ???

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    10-16-14 09:03 AM
    And on related BlackBerry biz news. The back ordered Passports from Shopblackberry are starting to ship.

I ordered Oct 3 around 715pm ans got an email early this morning saying it shipped and was due in by noon!

Excited ? ...... YES

I'm getting mine today too Woo Hoo!!!!
    Mr BBRY, q649, bungaboy and 13 others like this.
    10-16-14 09:04 AM
    Same here, ordered on the third, and got and email early am confirming delivery for later today !

Posted via CB10
    Same for me as well!
    10-16-14 09:11 AM
    I'm getting mine today too Woo Hoo!!!!
    Congrats!
    Plan extra time for showing the phone to complete strangers.
    Even teenagers asked me about it. One said, "that looks cool, I like the wide screen".
    Students usually just smile and wave when they walk by me (I guess I am a scary looking professor), but with the Passport they have actually talked to me in the hallways about my phone - "hey Doc, what phone is that?". Also complete strangers in restaurants. It's kinda weird and gets annoying after a while. LOL
    10-16-14 09:30 AM
    10-16-14 09:40 AM
    Congrats!
    Plan extra time for showing the phone to complete strangers.
    Even teenagers asked me about it. One said, "that looks cool, I like the wide screen".
    Students usually just smile and wave when they walk by me (I guess I am a scary looking professor), but with the Passport they have actually talked to me in the hallways about my phone - "hey Doc, what phone is that?". Also complete strangers in restaurants. It's kinda weird and gets annoying after a while. LOL
    That's the whole point of getting this phone, to wear down our girls, to get them to swing from iStuff to BlackBerry one day. I'll be setting this phone down in front of doctors, lawyers, dentists, everyone, I'll show them x-rays on it and HD video of strange internal organs etc., this should be fun! In the past few months I have been showing medical data via my iPad, this time it will be far more interesting with the Passport. I can hardly wait to start flashing this phone around! Oh yeah.

As for BlackBerry the stock, it is holding up extremely well while the market looks for a bottom here.
    10-16-14 09:40 AM
    Huuuum... suspiciously premature in their forecast. also no mention of Z3 Sales in the emerging markets. Considering no one is able to get production rates or sub supplier data, how did CIBC conclude what they did?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:49 AM
    Huuuum... suspiciously premature in their forecast. also no mention of Z3 Sales in the emerging markets. Considering no one is able to get production rates or sub supplier data, how did CIBC conclude what they did?
    With regards to the Z3

The BlackBerry Z3 smartphone has received the popular TeknoTel award for �Best Affordable Smartphone of the Year� during yesterday�s ceremony hosted at the peak of GITEX Technology Week 2014.
    Blackberry Z3 Awarded Best Affordable Smartphone Of The Year At Teknotel Hi-Tech Award
    10-16-14 09:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hard to say. But shorts have been proven right quarter after quarter.

They must have some sources. Maybe some survey company that surveys a sample-set of stores in every region and then extrapolate information from there using statistical analysis.

I mean, it's plausible that they are right again this time. Passport has been sold out in India but recently someone posted screenshot showing that only about 1,500 devices were shipped to India in the first place!!!

Additionally, with Passport in the picture, nobody is going to be buying Q10 anymore. It is likely cannibalizing sales of other BlackBerry 10 devices too.
    10-16-14 10:02 AM
    Hard to say. But shorts have been proven right quarter after quarter.

They must have some sources. Maybe some survey company that surveys a sample-set of stores in every region and then extrapolate information from there using statistical analysis.

I mean, it's plausible that they are right again this time. Passport has been sold out in India but recently someone posted screenshot showing that only about 1,500 devices were shipped to India in the first place!!!

Additionally, with Passport in the picture, nobody is going to be buying Q10 anymore. It is likely cannibalizing sales of other BlackBerry 10 devices too.
    Ummmm. I can tell you that people are buying Q10 even after seeing my passport.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-16-14 10:15 AM
    Ummmm. I can tell you that people are buying Q10 even after seeing my passport.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Yup. I know of an activation today in the US. And besides, every time a new device is released, it's going to "cannibalize" older device sales numbers. Given that the Q10 is over a year and a half old, it should be expected.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 10:25 AM
    Like It please let us know how it goes
    I concur! My plan is to walk right into Verizon and show the manager and sales team my Passport and ask them to activate it for me on my account, knowing they can't. I'll then throw in a quick demo of what they are missing for good measure, and then inform them that I'll be transferring my number and business to AT&T. I hope it stings!!!
    Greened and rarsen like this.
    10-16-14 11:02 AM
    rush, i'm on fire, rush, run, rush, run, sleep ... rush rush, forgot to charge my passport, rush ... confidence ... rush ... two days ... beat you by 10 hours ip6 !!!

On other news, Orange FR is going very aggressive with the pricing. We're in the $170 range with 2yrs contract. French still love subsidized devices ... should sell like ... [don't want to call bad luck ]

Very aggressive prices for Passport in France (Orange) - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

See you soon, hopefully.
    Waiting for $$ to take some advantage on low �/$ rate and obviously low BBRY ... will maybe add 200 or more ... hopefully more.
    But I must keep my @$$ dry !

Cheers all,
    miss U
    SF
    10-16-14 12:34 PM
    Our Friend TranscendAsset wants help in researching BB trend in china. if anyone can help?
    https://passport.baidu.com/v2/?reg&u...25B7%25B7%25C5
    �ٶ�ָ��
    10-16-14 12:58 PM
    OT:

Passport #3 just arrived. #4 by FedEx tomorrow.

Just waiting for VIP one now!

3 will be gifted to my 3 daughters at University! They need to get ish done! LoL

I used to send them money for food & groceries. They didn't seem to gain weight, but were often seedy/hungover when we visited. So, I started buying them gift cards for the grocery stores. It seems that beside/attached to every Sobeys grocery store in Nova Scotia is a NSLC! (Nova Scotia Liquor Commission) LoL. Now I am wondering . . . if I got outsmarted! ha ha ha
    Last edited by bungaboy; 10-16-14 at 01:52 PM.
    10-16-14 01:39 PM
    How funny BBRY & HALO all at $9.25
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-untitled.png
    Mr BBRY and morganplus8 like this.
    10-16-14 01:50 PM
    How funny BBRY & HALO all at $9.25
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	1443 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	306520
    I'd laugh a whole lot harder if they were both at $19.25! LoL
    10-16-14 01:53 PM
    I am sure it has been posted, if not then here it is.
    Part 3) Strategies: The ?Art of Deep Background? and Controlling the Press | 9to5Mac
    georg4BB, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    10-16-14 02:18 PM
    The Z30 takes amazing photos. In contrast lighting it blows the iPhone 5s away. It might take a few seconds to 'process' and 'hold still' but the results are fabulous. During my trip to Tuscany and Amalfi I took some amazing shots while the iPhone 5 shots were much too washed out with light glare even using HDR mode on the iPhone.

Then I see a guy do a review on the Passport and post some photos were it looks like he purposefully moves the phone to lose focus and then snaps a shot:

Blackberry Passport Review: For Every Benefit, a Compromise

Surely the Passport camera isn't worse than the Z30...
    10-16-14 02:26 PM

Excited ? ...... YES

I ordered Oct 4th around 4am - VIP.....so I hope to see a shipping confirmation soon!!
    10-16-14 02:29 PM
    OT:

Passport #3 just arrived. #4 by FedEx tomorrow.

Just waiting for VIP one now!

3 will be gifted to my 3 daughters at University! They need to get ish done! LoL

I used to send them money for food & groceries. They didn't seem to gain weight, but were often seedy/hungover when we visited. So, I started buying them gift cards for the grocery stores. It seems that beside/attached to every Sobeys grocery store in Nova Scotia is a NSLC! (Nova Scotia Liquor Commission) LoL. Now I am wondering . . . if I got outsmarted! ha ha ha
    Is your VIP the #4 due for delivery tomorrow?
    10-16-14 02:39 PM
113,256 ... 29202921292229232924 ...