View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I suggested BlackBerry create a QNX based on as well. But just for servers that hold the data. Not for public sale.
    Given that the Home Depot, Target, Kmart, etc hacks were all from POS systems, BlackBerry should make hardened and managed POS systems. Securing PCs and preventing unauthorized apps from running is very difficult. But BlackBerry has proven they can lock down the OS like no other vendor. Imagine if they created a POS system that only allows signed apps to run and runs like a BlackBerry phone in terms of management. That may be a very sellable IoT type product.
    bungaboy, CDM76 and La Emperor like this.
    10-11-14 07:54 PM
    You're thinking too short term. Maybe once they are a major player again, but right now they shouldn't sell their major competitive advantage.

If ios and android had same encryption as BlackBerry what would encourage govs and major corps, worried about security, to stay with BlackBerry????

Posted via CB10
    I know what you mean. It's a double-edged sword.

They had to make a similar decision with BBM. People already switched but they managed to get tens of millions of users back and kept the IM very relevant.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-11-14 07:58 PM
    So, um, just want to say...THESE PASSPORT 'S ARE AWESOME.

I took it to my local Bell store today to pick up a sim, casually placed on the counter and said "for this". The place went nuts...everyone stopped what they were doing and came to see ...lots of "cool" "wow , nice device" comments.

I think we may have a winner here gentlemen.

Eazzy Peazzy
    10-11-14 08:19 PM
    I know what you mean. It's a double-edged sword.

They had to make a similar decision with BBM. People already switched but they managed to get tens of millions of users back and kept the IM very relevant.

Posted via CB10
    Double edged sword is good description. Fortunately, we aren't the ones making the decision

But if BlackBerry can use these patents by using them with the Internet of Things (like POS terminals as BanffMoose suggested ) they could monetize these patents without giving away the store. Thereby making the patents profitable and keeping it close to the chest.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and theRock1975 like this.
    10-12-14 12:25 AM
    OT (it's the weekend)...

What do you guys do with BBM when you have two devices? I'm hoping BlackBerry allow the same Bbm across multiple devices soon, but how much of a hassle is it to switch between devices?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:53 AM
    OT (it's the weekend)...

What do you guys do with BBM when you have two devices? I'm hoping BlackBerry allow the same Bbm across multiple devices soon, but how much of a hassle is it to switch between devices?

Posted via CB10
    Two choices really, create separate bbid's and add all contacts over or hit the "switch device" button and it migrates your contacts for you...you do lose the content of the conversations but it works well.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    bungaboy, Corbu, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    10-12-14 07:40 AM
    10-12-14 08:17 AM
    Hamilton all the way! Great to see BlackBerry on a winning F1 car - so much international exposure!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 08:26 AM
    Incase anyone from toronto, ontario area and is with Telus. The Telus store at markville mall gets shipments daily and have them instock

Posted via CB10
    How can that be when shopBB, can only start shipping on the 29 th of October a phone ordered on Oct. 3 Rd?

Sorry but their "sorry for the inconvenience" is not enough for me, I just want the phone!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 08:38 AM
    How can that be when shopBB, can only start shipping on the 29 th of October a phone ordered on Oct. 3 Rd?

Sorry but their "sorry for the inconvenience" is not enough for me, I just want the phone!

Posted via CB10
    Because a certain amount of stock is committed to certain channels. The amount of stock committed to shop BB was exhausted quickly and they can't tell their other partners that they won't get their contracted shipments to fulfill their own channel.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, bspence87, bungaboy and 10 others like this.
    10-12-14 08:44 AM
    Because a certain amount of stock is committed to certain channels. The amount of stock committed to shop BB was exhausted quickly and they can't tell their other partners that they won't get their contracted shipments to fulfill their own channel.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. BlackBerry has a real situation here. The demand in the current channels is already exceeding the supply. How the heck are they supposed to supply other new channels now?

Even if they could tell their partners to wait, they wouldn't. BlackBerry needs this phone to be a success with the carriers so that future phones will be hyped by the carriers.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    10-12-14 09:56 AM
    Thanks for answering that post for me fellas just wanted to add on top of that when i was at the Telus store rep said it was the best selling phone and even she was impressed with the #s

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, Korepab, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    10-12-14 10:15 AM
    Two choices really, create separate bbid's and add all contacts over or hit the "switch device" button and it migrates your contacts for you...you do lose the content of the conversations but it works well.

Thanks. I do hope BlackBerry can manage to sort that out though. It's a massive pain in the backside to get all your contacts to add you twice on their phones, or to lose all your conversations every time you feel like carrying the Z10 or Z30 out instead of the Passport. I'll write to Santa Claus...

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 10:31 AM
    Wow, has anyone else noticed the automatic Story Maker stories in the Pictures app?! That just blew my mind!

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    10-12-14 10:35 AM
    Shopblackberry customer service is getting much better in last couple of days. It is better to email them. I been getting replies back with in few hours. Even on the weekends. One of the email to contact.
    [email protected]
    Usually director of sales replies and do what makes sense. At least in my case. I happy with the latest service. Seems like there has been a major change of attitude in last few days.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    Corbu, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    10-12-14 10:46 AM
    Wow, has anyone else noticed the automatic Story Maker stories in the Pictures app?! That just blew my mind!

Posted via CB10
    One of the most underrated feature of BB10.

Mr BBRY, La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    10-12-14 10:54 AM
    Good read:
    https://gigaom.com/2014/10/11/as-sna...50fc4-99683765

sidhuk, bungaboy, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    10-12-14 10:55 AM
    Lol. I love the way how they attack the passport. Look at the times on the side. Priceless.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20141012_111147.png

And this guy created 4 different passport bashing threads this morning. Not sure if Mods taking sunday off?

Attachment 305413
    Last edited by sidhuk; 10-12-14 at 11:23 AM.
    10-12-14 11:12 AM
    Way cool!

Props to Brandon Orr and BerryFlow:
    Review: Celluon Epic Mobile Projection Keyboard
    10-12-14 12:21 PM
    Wow, CJ, outstanding pics! Cheers!
    this is now my new wallpaper on my Passport, awesome photo!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    10-12-14 01:12 PM
    http://berryflow.com/2014/10/qnxs-co...ation-webinar/

bungaboy, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    10-12-14 02:45 PM
    Lol. I love the way how they attack the passport. Look at the times on the side. Priceless.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141012_111147.png 
Views:	1003 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	305412

And this guy created 4 different passport bashing threads this morning. Not sure if Mods taking sunday off?

Attachment 305413
    Damn trolls. Hope someone reported this troll.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu and La Emperor like this.
    10-12-14 03:39 PM
    Damn trolls. Hope someone reported this troll.

Posted via CB10
    Frustrating...they closed a couple of them but he's clearly stirring/looking for a fight...not to mention lying. Wish some folks would grow a set...just sayin.

Corbu, bungaboy, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    10-12-14 05:19 PM
    10-12-14 05:20 PM
    For enterprise, mobile devices about to become irrelevant | ZDNet

Does the device share matter though?

Maybe not. Apple will sell a ton of devices and capture the healthiest profit margin in the industry. But revenue on the back end won't be a factor. Samsung will make Android more popular in the enterprise and could capture some services and software revenue. Microsoft won't be a huge device player, but will have its enterprise mobility suite coupled with Office 365 and a lot of back-end tools to sell. BlackBerry will still be found in the enterprise, but the future rests on its BlackBerry Enterprise Server 12 launching in November.

What vendor would you rather be? The Gartner graphic highlights how the actual device is just a part of the enterprise mix. The real money and enterprise mindshare will be made on software and services. In the final analysis, every device, sensor and thing will simply be an endpoint to manage, secure and serve up data.
    10-12-14 05:24 PM
113,256 ... 29142915291629172918 ...